Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: What are you?

  1. #1
    Illegal alien. wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Over the rainbow.
    TIM
    MEH
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What are you?

    Humans are souls.
    Humans are bodies, sensations.
    Humans are feelings.
    Humans are thoughts, ideas.
    Humans are brains.
    Humans are intents and choices.
    Humans are both body and soul.
    Humans are actions.
    Humans are all of these answers.
    Humans are none of these answrers. ---


    So many contradictive ways of viewing what humans are...
    When you think of yourself, what do you see yourself as? A body, a soul, ideas, feelings, etc...
    Do you think this self-vision can be related to type?
    I have many questions, they don't all require an answer.

  2. #2
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    SLI 5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    1,164
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like only something profound would fit this thread but ...The only thing that keeps me from rottung away like an old tomato in the sun is my beating heart. I'm a self conscious vegetable with an expiration date.

  3. #3
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    4,191
    Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Right now I'm chilly. My metabolic rate is dropping for the day. Time to go out and exercise.

  4. #4
    hag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,676
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm a bad ass mother fucker

  5. #5
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    SLI 5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    1,164
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    PM me age.
    r/iam13andthisisdeep

  6. #6
    Illegal alien. wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Over the rainbow.
    TIM
    MEH
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Sounds like only something profound would fit this thread but ...The only thing that keeps me from rottung away like an old tomato in the sun is my beating heart. I'm a self conscious vegetable with an expiration date.
    I read a lot of deep, obscur philosophical stuff, perhaps it's starting to show, haha.
    Though, no need for profound stuff, honesty is fine. I'm just curious as to what people will answer, or how they will.
    I like your answer btw.
    I have many questions, they don't all require an answer.

  7. #7
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    In the Trash
    TIM
    Bold and Brash
    Posts
    1,826
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I view humans at the most basic level as machines fine tuned by evolution to replicate and self-preserve, with near endless complexities stemming from fulfilling those basic needs.

  8. #8
    Communist Nazi Jew Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    TIM
    bepis
    Posts
    980
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just someone your mother loves intimately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Shut the fuck up, dumbass.

  9. #9
    Metaphysician thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    7,462
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We are souls, trapped in bodies, which allow us to experience sensation and manifest our intents by our actions and choices.
    The higher, the fewer

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI-Se
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Technically speaking, we can never know what we are or what anything else is. How can we be sure of anything?

    But I like to think that I know sometimes. I think I do. Any statement about what I am naturally will always exclude something that I am, so I can never say what I am even though I might know -- or might not. Even if I say what I am, the words get filtered through someone else's mind. They can't understand it. So it doesn't matter if I say anything, because I will never really be heard. Other people will take their brains and look at the words and decide who I am based on who they are. They will do this and think they know who I am.

    We all pretend to communicate with each other, but this is all just mutual hypnosis.

    I'll say a few things.

    1. I am a male.
    2. I am an American.
    3. I was born in the Bible belt, but I am not a Christian.
    4. I still have issues with Christian beliefs rising into my mind from time to time. This is often disconcerting. Gotta love childhood conditioning, eh?
    5. I am technically an amoralist, but I still judge the behavior of others according to my own standards--which standards might not necessarily apply to me. That is to say that I judge others by their effect on me and not necessarily by any principle.
    6. I am sometimes a doormat and sometimes an asshole. More frequently, I'm the former. I'm only an asshole according to other people, though. I can fully understand and accept myself as a doormat.
    7. I am not a scientist, but I like science sometimes if it suits me.
    8. I use logic when it suits me, which is to say I'm not really logical at all. Sometimes I get the right answer though.
    9. I am often really really really tired. And at the end of the month, often hungry.
    10. I sometimes imagine myself having a boyfriend. At other times, I imagine myself rich, alone, and in my own McMansion, as comfortable as possible. I imagine having the best food I can possibly eat.
    11. I find myself incapable of developing career goals. Ideally, I could survive and live well without doing much of anything at all. Ideally isn't reality, though.
    12. I realize I'm not attractive physically, but I still look for partners who are probably much more attractive than I am.
    13. I tell myself that I would like to have a boyfriend or friends sometimes. I tell myself that the reason why I don't have any IRL on a regular basis is just that most people are dumb, have different interests and tastes, or some other reason.
    14. I realize that life is probably just a game of chance, but I still like to think it's not -- sometimes. I sometimes like to think it's a game of chance I can win.
    15. Sometimes I tell myself that the most horrible things will happen, and that perhaps, by some act of magical thinking, I'll get the exact opposite.
    16. At various points in my life, I have thought to myself that I wanted to be a meteorologist, a writer, a computer programmer, a professor, or some solitary minimum wage thing that wouldn't have to deal with other people, a forester, and other stuff.
    17. So far, all I've done is succeeded in getting a college degree that makes sense based on my history. I read then, and I read now. Right now, I read about fairy tales. I haven't done it much in the past few days, though, because I've been tired or other reasons.
    18. I am the product of a family that would be stereotypically considered "dysfunctional." I don't like the idea of families, and I don't want one.
    19. No kids. Not now, not ever.
    20. Animals are nice, but not as pets. I have seen enough dirt in houses -- among other things.
    21. It would be nice to win the lottery.
    22. I am not really willing to change. If I can re-arrange life so that I can live better though, I will. And if I can discover more about myself, which could be the act of self-creation, that would be nice.
    23. I can't tell the future. I had some big dreams a long time ago, and I've only managed to fulfill one of them. That was going to college. Now that that is done, it doesn't seem like much.
    24. I thought college would be a gateway to freedom and happiness. I learned a lot, and I'm more confident now than before, and perhaps I don't feel quite as trapped as I used to, but I'm right back where I started physically. Except I'm more tired than I was then.
    25. I am not that afraid of spiders, but I will kill the big ones. And sometimes the little ones too.
    26. If I had to pick a motherfucking career, I'd rather be an author. Notice I said author and not writer. I'd rather write my own bullshit, not someone else's. Of all the careers, it seems like the best, because I can do it by myself without ever entering an office building or doing manual labor.
    27. I'm a lot better at noticing the Socionics types of others than I am my own. Some would take that and say, "He doesn't really know Socionics." Oh well. A couple years down the line, and I still don't know what it is. I might never know. So far, no one has managed to convince me, including myself.
    28. In my experience, the ones who look at least as good as I do have a chance of being at least as intelligent as I am. Anyone who looks about my level of good looks is probably 10 times dumber. Less than that, 100 times dumber. Good looks don't equal intelligence, though.
    29. I've never met a "mental health professional" I liked.
    Last edited by Aramas; 11-11-2018 at 06:52 PM.

  12. #12
    spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Playing with your head
    TIM
    ILE-C 7(93?)
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Truly connected to mother earth, listening its every heartbeat and living and breathing in sync with it. Isn't it obvious?
    You can suggest an alternative type based on video found in HERE

    extrospection > introspection



  13. #13
    CPig: "that goat looks like an asshole" hag 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    bit.ly/2SoEhCn
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default I just came across this.


  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Technically speaking, we can never know what we are or what anything else is. How can we be sure of anything?

    But I like to think that I know sometimes. I think I do. Any statement about what I am naturally will always exclude something that I am, so I can never say what I am even though I might know -- or might not. Even if I say what I am, the words get filtered through someone else's mind. They can't understand it. So it doesn't matter if I say anything, because I will never really be heard. Other people will take their brains and look at the words and decide who I am based on who they are. They will do this and think they know who I am.

    We all pretend to communicate with each other, but this is all just mutual hypnosis.
    I agree with Aramas, I actually told the same things to an IEI a week ago. This is strange, maybe it is about HP cognition.

    If there was only one color and there wasn't any shade, then there would be no color. Imagine a red room with red objects (without any shade). Everything would appear red. So if everything was red, we wouldn't be aware of the color red, we wouldn't define it and we wouldn't even came up with a concept called color. In order to define and be aware of one, the other must exist. If I was the only thing that exists, I couldn't define what I am. We define ourselves compared to others. I can't be short or long, if everything is at the same height. In order to perceive and define others and ourselves, we use our filters. So we can't see what it is, what we are, what they are. We only see a filtered image of it, us, them. When we talk about it, the other person filters our filtered code in order to perceive and define things. I don't think true communication exists. First, I don't see it as what it is, second, I don't define it as I perceive it. The other people don't perceive my definitions as they are and they don't define their perception as it is.

    I sometimes think that the core of my being exists when there is no other and filter. Therefore, I can't perceive and define it accurately at the moment. That is not something to be defined and perceived, the core of my being can only be. I sometimes think that I am nothing but my filters.

  15. #15
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI-Se
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    lol
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1M01U1

    It's more about mental sanitation.

    I never met any mental health professional I liked. Those are all dead now. And they weren't professionals in the traditional way, except maybe for one of them.

  16. #16
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI-Se
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I agree with Aramas, I actually told the same things to an IEI a week ago. This is strange, maybe it is about HP cognition.

    If there was only one color and there wasn't any shade, then there would be no color. Imagine a red room with red objects (without any shade). Everything would appear red. So if everything was red, we wouldn't be aware of the color red, we wouldn't define it and we wouldn't even came up with a concept called color. In order to define and be aware of one, the other must exist. If I was the only thing that exists, I couldn't define what I am. We define ourselves compared to others. I can't be short or long, if everything is at the same height. In order to perceive and define others and ourselves, we use our filters. So we can't see what it is, what we are, what they are. We only see a filtered image of it, us, them. When we talk about it, the other person filters our filtered code in order to perceive and define things. I don't think true communication exists. First, I don't see it as what it is, second, I don't define it as I perceive it. The other people don't perceive my definitions as they are and they don't define their perception as it is.

    I sometimes think that the core of my being exists when there is no other and filter. Therefore, I can't perceive and define it accurately at the moment. That is not something to be defined and perceived, the core of my being can only be. I sometimes think that I am nothing but my filters.
    So you think I'm HP? Imo, I've just read some New Falcon books. I could be HP, though, maybe.

    I think each individual human has an essential identity apart from external conditioning. Accessing this identity, though, is often difficult for many if not most. That's why it's often associated with transcendental experiences. This might or might not be the case. It's just fun to think about. It's also fun to think about having no essential nature, because then you can just make yourself whatever. I believe what I like.
    Last edited by Aramas; 11-11-2018 at 09:39 PM.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, you seem to have holographic-panoramic cognition and I don't think that because of your New Falcon book, I think that because of your posts. Just a side note: I am still studying cognition styles, I am collecting data at the moment so my judgements aren't final.

  18. #18
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI-Se
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Yes, you seem to have holographic-panoramic cognition and I don't think that because of your New Falcon book, I think that because of your posts. Just a side note: I am still studying cognition styles, I am collecting data at the moment so my judgements aren't final.
    That's cool. I'm not judging. I'm just curious.

    *Beep beep* Collecting data....

    I kind of see what you mean though. The syntax of my posts tends to be highly structured. That's characteristic of HP, or maybe just people who know Standard English. Either way, I've noticed that feeling of square structure in other people who are supposedly HP, especially in their writing.

    A good word for it is "monolithic." I'm not sure why. It's just big, unwieldy, and changes sometimes suddenly and discontinuously. The HP style creates new constellations.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't read most of your posts, but the ones I read made me think that you focus on overall system instead of its parts. That's why I thought that you probably have hp cognition style.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    Lol why @me tho

  21. #21
    Arachno-mammal (reproductive mule) A Moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Mod Box
    TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    Radical.

    #subtypetheory
    Santa Claus: That probably comes from the inherent profit motive of the bourgeoisie mentality.
    Santa Claus: Even on a cold day, a Coke is refreshing.

  22. #22
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI-Se
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    It's an interesting idea. But I don't think it's entirely accurate. People have tendencies. All the little desires and motives and whims go in certain general vectors that lead one to have a stable character. But he was right when he said man is very prone to succumbing to external influences, and that it's really hard to develop a self that does not. I haven't finished reading Gurdjieff, but it seems like RAW and maybe Leary followed his pattern and saw the seventh man as a formless meta-self whose attributes are abstract principles that can be invoked into manifestation in the lower centers of thought feeling and sensation. Seems pretty legit to me.

    What I found most interesting by reading Gurdjieff through Ouspensky is that he mentioned examples of people who had obtained the seventh man without necessarily involving themselves in mysticism or spiritual practice. I'm speaking specifically about the highwayman. So it's possible to achieve this goal without necessarily being spiritual or mystical. It's really just about the struggle against oneself. The essential message is that if you want to have a self, the way is through dogged persistence and refusal to give in even when things are tough. You can only have a self if you are willing to die for it.
    Last edited by Aramas; 11-12-2018 at 10:38 AM.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,381
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I liked @Aramas post the best... I think 'what a human is', is a billion little specific things like that. Soul/body/mind is way too vague. I wanted to reply to what he said tho. Cuz I couldn't get to sleep tonight.

    1. I am a male. Same.

    2. I am an American. Same.

    3. I was born in the Bible belt, but I am not a Christian. I was born in the mid-west, which is like... half-bible belt. They are trapped in the middle between accepting gays fully and punching us in our faggot faces. Western/Northern MI is a lot more Bible Belt-y, and I live in the more liberal area tho but I've lived in both areas.

    4. I still have issues with Christian beliefs rising into my mind from time to time. This is often disconcerting. Gotta love childhood conditioning, eh? Haha idk, reality has too much sadness/negativity and intense cruelty for me to believe in a God... I just can't put on a plastic happy face like my ESE mom idk, although still- that's probably how I came across to LIEs?

    5. I am technically an amoralist, but I still judge the behavior of others according to my own standards--which standards might not necessarily apply to me. That is to say that I judge others by their effect on me and not necessarily by any principle. Hmm. I just have way more respect for people who are evil and know it - rather than people who think they are good when they are the most evil of all. Genuinely sweet/innocent people (that aren't children) are very rare IME.

    6. I am sometimes a doormat and sometimes an asshole. More frequently, I'm the former. I'm only an asshole according to other people, though. I can fully understand and accept myself as a doormat. Haha hey, I think you can be a good asshole sometimes. You have the 'Gamma bite.' =D

    7. I am not a scientist, but I like science sometimes if it suits me. I was very good at science in school, but I was much more focused on typical IEI stuff like romances/fantasy adventures/daydreaming etc.

    8. I use logic when it suits me, which is to say I'm not really logical at all. Sometimes I get the right answer though. Everybody is like this, only shady people lie and say it's otherwise. Everybody only uses logic to suit their own agenda. People who pretend they are selfless = the people most corrupt.

    9. I am often really really really tired. And at the end of the month, often hungry. Hey, me too. Fag energy? =(

    10. I sometimes imagine myself having a boyfriend. At other times, I imagine myself rich, alone, and in my own McMansion, as comfortable as possible. I imagine having the best food I can possibly eat. Most likely I'll be alone... and poor lol. But still surviving.

    11. I find myself incapable of developing career goals. Ideally, I could survive and live well without doing much of anything at all. Ideally isn't reality, though. I have my 'dream job' but I have this deep, deep belief that it will stop being so meaningful to me if I was paid for it, so I don't ever pursue it. I guess that's very backwards and self-defeating and all that- but hey, I do have Te polr. =p I'd rather find something I can be 100% neutral about.

    12. I realize I'm not attractive physically, but I still look for partners who are probably much more attractive than I am. Well, if I'm compatible with somebody even objectively average guys can be really hot to me- but I could never be with somebody completely hideous.

    13. I tell myself that I would like to have a boyfriend or friends sometimes. I tell myself that the reason why I don't have any IRL on a regular basis is just that most people are dumb, have different interests and tastes, or some other reason. Yeah...

    14. I realize that life is probably just a game of chance, but I still like to think it's not -- sometimes. I sometimes like to think it's a game of chance I can win. ime, you mostly 'win at life' by telling the lowest-common denominator people what they want to hear. (I wish the answer was idk... better than this, but it's really not.) Personal skill and hardwork mean nothing compared to people manipulation skill sadly.

    15. Sometimes I tell myself that the most horrible things will happen, and that perhaps, by some act of magical thinking, I'll get the exact opposite. The most horrible & sad thing *does* always happen because that's life and the harsh gritty real world. We still magically think something else will happen anyway, cuz it's only human. <3 And in this strange way, we win against the negativity.

    16. At various points in my life, I have thought to myself that I wanted to be a meteorologist, a writer, a computer programmer, a professor, or some solitary minimum wage thing that wouldn't have to deal with other people, a forester, and other stuff. lmao @ minimum wage comment. Yeah I always wanted to be a writer or artist.

    17. So far, all I've done is succeeded in getting a college degree that makes sense based on my history. I read then, and I read now. Right now, I read about fairy tales. I haven't done it much in the past few days, though, because I've been tired or other reasons.

    18. I am the product of a family that would be stereotypically considered "dysfunctional." I don't like the idea of families, and I don't want one. Interesting. I've wondered about the push for gay men to be more like low IQ suburban dumb-asses. If that's what being accepted is... count me out.

    19. No kids. Not now, not ever. Agreed. Kids are for breeders. Tho I still have the urge from time to time to make a mini-me. I'm a little straight. =(

    20. Animals are nice, but not as pets. I have seen enough dirt in houses -- among other things. I like pets but can't afford one right now.

    21. It would be nice to win the lottery. Yeah definitely, although you have like a ten times more likely chance to die in a terrorist attack than win it. /debbie downer music plays.

    22. I am not really willing to change. If I can re-arrange life so that I can live better though, I will. And if I can discover more about myself, which could be the act of self-creation, that would be nice. Hehe this is Ni > Ne valuing to me.

    23. I can't tell the future. I had some big dreams a long time ago, and I've only managed to fulfill one of them. That was going to college. Now that that is done, it doesn't seem like much. College is an Illuminati Trap really... for most people these days.

    24. I thought college would be a gateway to freedom and happiness. I learned a lot, and I'm more confident now than before, and perhaps I don't feel quite as trapped as I used to, but I'm right back where I started physically. Except I'm more tired than I was then.

    25. I am not that afraid of spiders, but I will kill the big ones. And sometimes the little ones too. You kill big spiders? My manly hero. <3 I can only kill the little ones.

    26. If I had to pick a motherfucking career, I'd rather be an author. Notice I said author and not writer. I'd rather write my own bullshit, not someone else's. Of all the careers, it seems like the best, because I can do it by myself without ever entering an office building or doing manual labor.

    27. I'm a lot better at noticing the Socionics types of others than I am my own. Some would take that and say, "He doesn't really know Socionics." Oh well. A couple years down the line, and I still don't know what it is. I might never know. So far, no one has managed to convince me, including myself. I think I'm good at socionics (I'd give myself a B+), but I can't 'mentally masturbate' over it the way thinking types do. I just can't... do that shit.

    28. In my experience, the ones who look at least as good as I do have a chance of being at least as intelligent as I am. Anyone who looks about my level of good looks is probably 10 times dumber. Less than that, 100 times dumber. Good looks don't equal intelligence, though.

    29. I've never met a "mental health professional" I liked. Yeah totally, and the one I thought I "liked" was me just IEI Fe sugarcoating, in truth I only hated her a little less than most the others. Fuck The*Rape*Ists/social workers etc and fuck them all to Hell!
    Last edited by BandD; 11-12-2018 at 10:34 AM.

  24. #24
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI-Se
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I liked @Aramas post the best... I think 'what a human is', is a billion little specific things like that. Soul/body/mind is way too vague. I wanted to reply to what he said tho. Cuz I couldn't get to sleep tonight.

    1. I am a male. Same.

    2. I am an American. Same.

    3. I was born in the Bible belt, but I am not a Christian. I was born in the mid-west, which is like... half-bible belt. They are trapped in the middle between accepting gays fully and punching us in our faggot faces. Western/Northern MI is a lot more Bible Belt-y, and I live in the more liberal area tho but I've lived in both areas.

    4. I still have issues with Christian beliefs rising into my mind from time to time. This is often disconcerting. Gotta love childhood conditioning, eh? Haha idk, reality has too much sadness/negativity and intense cruelty for me to believe in a God... I just can't put on a plastic happy face like my ESE mom idk, although still- that's probably how I came across to LIEs?

    5. I am technically an amoralist, but I still judge the behavior of others according to my own standards--which standards might not necessarily apply to me. That is to say that I judge others by their effect on me and not necessarily by any principle. Hmm. I just have way more respect for people who are evil and know it - rather than people who think they are good when they are the most evil of all. Genuinely sweet/innocent people (that aren't children) are very rare IME.

    6. I am sometimes a doormat and sometimes an asshole. More frequently, I'm the former. I'm only an asshole according to other people, though. I can fully understand and accept myself as a doormat. Haha hey, I think you can be a good asshole sometimes. You have the 'Gamma bite.' =D

    7. I am not a scientist, but I like science sometimes if it suits me. I was very good at science in school, but I was much more focused on typical IEI stuff like romances/fantasy adventures/daydreaming etc.

    8. I use logic when it suits me, which is to say I'm not really logical at all. Sometimes I get the right answer though. Everybody is like this, only shady people lie and say it's otherwise. Everybody only uses logic to suit their own agenda. People who pretend they are selfless = the people most corrupt.

    9. I am often really really really tired. And at the end of the month, often hungry. Hey, me too. Fag energy? =(

    10. I sometimes imagine myself having a boyfriend. At other times, I imagine myself rich, alone, and in my own McMansion, as comfortable as possible. I imagine having the best food I can possibly eat. Most likely I'll be alone... and poor lol. But still surviving.

    11. I find myself incapable of developing career goals. Ideally, I could survive and live well without doing much of anything at all. Ideally isn't reality, though. I have my 'dream job' but I have this deep, deep belief that it will stop being so meaningful to me if I was paid for it, so I don't ever pursue it. I guess that's very backwards and self-defeating and all that- but hey, I do have Te polr. =p I'd rather find something I can be 100% neutral about.

    12. I realize I'm not attractive physically, but I still look for partners who are probably much more attractive than I am. Well, if I'm compatible with somebody even objectively average guys can be really hot to me- but I could never be with somebody completely hideous.

    13. I tell myself that I would like to have a boyfriend or friends sometimes. I tell myself that the reason why I don't have any IRL on a regular basis is just that most people are dumb, have different interests and tastes, or some other reason. Yeah...

    14. I realize that life is probably just a game of chance, but I still like to think it's not -- sometimes. I sometimes like to think it's a game of chance I can win. ime, you mostly 'win at life' by telling the lowest-common denominator people what they want to hear. (I wish the answer was idk... better than this, but it's really not.) Personal skill and hardwork mean nothing compared to people manipulation skill sadly.

    15. Sometimes I tell myself that the most horrible things will happen, and that perhaps, by some act of magical thinking, I'll get the exact opposite. The most horrible & sad thing *does* always happen because that's life and the harsh gritty real world. We still magically think something else will happen anyway, cuz it's only human. <3 And in this strange way, we win against the negativity.

    16. At various points in my life, I have thought to myself that I wanted to be a meteorologist, a writer, a computer programmer, a professor, or some solitary minimum wage thing that wouldn't have to deal with other people, a forester, and other stuff. lmao @ minimum wage comment. Yeah I always wanted to be a writer or artist.

    17. So far, all I've done is succeeded in getting a college degree that makes sense based on my history. I read then, and I read now. Right now, I read about fairy tales. I haven't done it much in the past few days, though, because I've been tired or other reasons.

    18. I am the product of a family that would be stereotypically considered "dysfunctional." I don't like the idea of families, and I don't want one. Interesting. I've wondered about the push for gay men to be more like low IQ suburban dumb-asses. If that's what being accepted is... count me out.

    19. No kids. Not now, not ever. Agreed. Kids are for breeders. Tho I still have the urge from time to time to make a mini-me. I'm a little straight. =(

    20. Animals are nice, but not as pets. I have seen enough dirt in houses -- among other things. I like pets but can't afford one right now.

    21. It would be nice to win the lottery. Yeah definitely, although you have like a ten times more likely chance to die in a terrorist attack than win it. /debbie downer music plays.

    22. I am not really willing to change. If I can re-arrange life so that I can live better though, I will. And if I can discover more about myself, which could be the act of self-creation, that would be nice. Hehe this is Ni > Ne valuing to me.

    23. I can't tell the future. I had some big dreams a long time ago, and I've only managed to fulfill one of them. That was going to college. Now that that is done, it doesn't seem like much. College is an Illuminati Trap really... for most people these days.

    24. I thought college would be a gateway to freedom and happiness. I learned a lot, and I'm more confident now than before, and perhaps I don't feel quite as trapped as I used to, but I'm right back where I started physically. Except I'm more tired than I was then.

    25. I am not that afraid of spiders, but I will kill the big ones. And sometimes the little ones too. You kill big spiders? My manly hero. <3 I can only kill the little ones.

    26. If I had to pick a motherfucking career, I'd rather be an author. Notice I said author and not writer. I'd rather write my own bullshit, not someone else's. Of all the careers, it seems like the best, because I can do it by myself without ever entering an office building or doing manual labor.

    27. I'm a lot better at noticing the Socionics types of others than I am my own. Some would take that and say, "He doesn't really know Socionics." Oh well. A couple years down the line, and I still don't know what it is. I might never know. So far, no one has managed to convince me, including myself. I think I'm good at socionics (I'd give myself a B+), but I can't 'mentally masturbate' over it the way thinking types do. I just can't... do that shit.

    28. In my experience, the ones who look at least as good as I do have a chance of being at least as intelligent as I am. Anyone who looks about my level of good looks is probably 10 times dumber. Less than that, 100 times dumber. Good looks don't equal intelligence, though.

    29. I've never met a "mental health professional" I liked. Yeah totally, and the one I thought I "liked" was me just IEI Fe sugarcoating, in truth I only hated her a little less than most the others. Fuck The*Rape*Ists/social workers etc and fuck them all to Hell!
    If you can't understand how to fix yourself, you're not really fixed imo. People go to therapists and psychologists to do things for them, when they could pick out some books and do things on their own without spending money on a therapist. They've been trained to believe that only experts can help them, though. So they've been conditioned into giving their power away to other people. Part of it is that people want easy fixes and they think others explanations are better than their own. A lot of the time, though, the mental health industry bullshits about different lies of human nature that don't exist, because it benefits society at the time for people to believe it. People say, "Well, they have degrees, so they know better than I do. I couldn't possibly challenge them."

    Most people have a very strong desire to be accepted and loved. This will make them destroy themselves if they have to simply to gain the approval and love of others. In essence, it becomes a need to be controlled. People want the easy way, to be told and reassured about who they are. Without this, many fall apart. In other words, the best some do is to plead with others to be allowed to be themselves, or a small fraction of it. Those who don't notice this in themselves are often the least aware.

    In college today, students are often told in humanities courses that there is no such thing as self or identity. All the better for people who want to control you. The knowledge that you can be who you want to be -- they leave that out.
    Last edited by Aramas; 11-12-2018 at 11:06 AM.

  25. #25
    Illegal alien. wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Over the rainbow.
    TIM
    MEH
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Aramas @myresearch
    I also don't believe we can understand others.
    I spent my whole life attempting to understand others, how humans are supposed to work, and all I really figured out is vaguely and partialy who I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas
    People say, "Well, they have degrees, so they know better than I do. I couldn't possibly challenge them."

    Most people have a very strong desire to be accepted and loved. This will make them destroy themselves if they have to simply to gain the approval and love of others. In essence, it becomes a need to be controlled. People want the easy way, to be told and reassured about who they are. Without this, many fall apart. In other words, the best some do is to plead with others to be allowed to be themselves, or a small fraction of it. Those who don't notice this in themselves are often the least aware.

    Trying to follow what therapists told me to do landed me a burn out and two drepessions.
    But the truth is I don't do enough efforts and I have a bad attitude.
    I have many questions, they don't all require an answer.

  26. #26
    Simo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    593
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    When you think of yourself, what do you see yourself as? A body, a soul, ideas, feelings, etc...
    who cares what do I see myself as? I see myself as a person, I am more interested in knowing why did you think of such a question in the first place? what do you think you could figure out if you find the answer?

    Do you think this self-vision can be related to type?
    No, but it affects how your type manifest

  27. #27
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    1,163
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've always identified with being the thing that looks out and not much else

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    Because I wanted your attention, babe.
    $20 USD

  29. #29
    Illegal alien. wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Over the rainbow.
    TIM
    MEH
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    who cares what do I see myself as? I see myself as a person, I am more interested in knowing why did you think of such a question in the first place? what do you think you could figure out if you find the answer?
    Eh, who cares really?
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    I'm just curious as to what people will answer, or how they will.
    as I wrote above.
    Nothing more really.
    I have many questions, they don't all require an answer.

  30. #30
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI-Se
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    lol
    Check this out too: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/sth.2009.11

    "diagnoses in psychiatry are applied to justify predetermined social responses"

  31. #31
    Nebula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    ILE-Ne
    Posts
    2,933
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am a collection of organic molecules.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,381
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    They've been trained to believe that only experts can help them, though. So they've been conditioned into giving their power away to other people. Part of it is that people want easy fixes and they think others explanations are better than their own. A lot of the time, though, the mental health industry bullshits about different lies of human nature that don't exist, because it benefits society at the time for people to believe it. People say, "Well, they have degrees, so they know better than I do. I couldn't possibly challenge them."
    Yeah I've been caught up in the system before, it's very much kind of like 'Fi in the bad way' where the only thing matters is the therapist or social workers personal subjective opinion of you. Facts and evidence didn't matter. And I was a juvenile then and they had real power over my life, and when I could see my family etc. A very bad/narcissistic group therapy leader would release a boy out into society that would later go on to stab somebody- and likewise would imprison boys who didn't deserve it. It literally made criminal behavior, or even pre-criminal behavior - much worse. Facts didn't matter just what that person in particular thought. They would just twist anything you say to fit their own view of you. But as smug and arrogant and condescending as they were, they also were incredibly easy to manipulate. One evil state worker wanted to arrest me so bad that she grabbed my arm to anger me so I would hit her back in retaliation - but lol , I didn't fall for it. (but sadly a 16-year-old ESTp male probably would idk)

    I can't really say they were all deltas though, I just think they were a mix of all types. Mainly mostly misguided IEEs and EIIs, probably. A few LSIs and EIEs too tho. The main leader of the organization was a morbidly obese LSE, I think. And like, noooo carefree childlike alphas whatsoever lol. ((there was ESE secretaries but none of the group leaders were alpha)) I'd say it was pretty much every type but alpha.

  33. #33
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    People are life support systems for reproductive organs. Our biologically-based computers provide some assurances of survival for reproduction. The extras (ego?) that one adopts is no more than an aside in the software.......

    a.k.a. I/O

  34. #34
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    13,404
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    People are life support systems for reproductive organs. Our biologically-based computers provide some assurances of survival for reproduction. The extras (ego?) that one adopts is no more than an aside in the software.......

    a.k.a. I/O
    https://aeon.co/essays/why-pregnancy...other-and-baby

  35. #35
    the Lycanthrope Remiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    TIM
    Ni-ILI 864 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I AM ALIVE!
    "Verily, a strong wind is Zarathustra to all low places; and this counsel counselleth he to his enemies, and to whatever spitteth and speweth: "Take care not to spit against the wind!"―Nietzsche

    "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." ―Thucydides

    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Mencken



  36. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I AM ALIVE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •