Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Question for ILIs and whoever else reads this

  1. #1
    MinusOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Question for ILIs and whoever else reads this

    What's your IQ?
    I'm positive I've got my sociotype right, however, in some ways I'm not a typical ILI, they're supposed to be really smart and I just feel like a mentally slow dumbass sometimes compared to other people. I know that intelligence isn't necessarily related to sociotype, but I was wondering about IQ. Never took a real test but I'm probably average. Tested 131 on this one, but there's just 20 questions and they're really easy on average, the few good ones I have't been able to solve anyway. Obviously, this is not a serious test and the results are irrelevant to an individual's IQ, however, it might serve as a tool to compare and establish the average IQ of more individuals of the same sociotype or even the differences, if any, between multiple sociotypes. I'm interested in the results of other ILIs and even the results of people of other sociotypes, here's the test: http://www.free-iqtest.net/
    If you already took a serious IQ test and you know your result you can mention that too.

  2. #2
    the Lycanthrope Remiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    TIM
    Ni-ILI 864 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've scored basically everything between 100 and 140. But if I'm being honest with myself I estimate my IQ around 110.
    "Verily, a strong wind is Zarathustra to all low places; and this counsel counselleth he to his enemies, and to whatever spitteth and speweth: "Take care not to spit against the wind!"―Nietzsche

    "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." ―Thucydides

    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Mencken



  3. #3
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,382
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinusOne View Post
    I'm positive I've got my sociotype right, however, in some ways I'm not a typical ILI, they're supposed to be really smart and I just feel like a mentally slow dumbass sometimes compared to other people.
    I've read that in 3 MBTI tests the ILI (INTP) scored second, fourth and sixth highest in IQ. There is somewhat correlation with IQ and type, but it's probably 0.4 or something I guess...

    I know two SEE who did university, I know a couple of ILI's who are pretty dumbasses, still wise though.

    ILI's are often overrated. Sometimes because people think to much in stereotypes, not every SEE is a big performer like Elvis either.

    I personally like the ILI's common sense. And I even like it more when an ILI is not trying to be smart, but just smoke a cigarette and drink a beer.

    Maybe you can try a test with Mensa. They are a bit more serious than free iq test on the internet where people score 180 all the time. But remember even those high iq people say the dumbest things at times.

  4. #4
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    4,189
    Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    My grade school principal brought in a Stanford-Binet researcher ti test my IQ when I was in sixth grade. The researcher asked me a bunch of questions. One question that I remember involved my Te reasoning ability, so I can say that the test had some bias to it.
    The adults didn't tell me the resultant IQ, but my mother did, years later.

    With my IQ and $2.00, I can get a cup of coffee.

    It is well known that two things are usually required to be successful. One is being fairly smart (but not too smart), and the other is expending the effort to work hard. That is, assuming you don't inherit your success, as was the case for certain presidents whom I won't mention.

    Most of the ILI's whom I know have above-average smarts and iffy hard-work skills. Or so it seems to me. Might be sampling bias.

  5. #5
    spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Playing with your head
    TIM
    ILE-C 7(93?)
    Posts
    3,477
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    So if I try pin IQ test I think it aims to define it in pretty "Darwinistic" terms.

    As it is statistical and there are things such as adaptability to environment it is not entirely comparable everywhere.
    You can suggest an alternative type based on video found in HERE

    extrospection > introspection



  6. #6
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    4,555
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    My results from online tests have ranged from 90 to 160. Most of the online IQ tests seem to be boosted by 20-30 points and give out 120-140 scores to majority of people who take them. I'm not sure why they boost the scores so much - perhaps to make people return to their page and recommend the test to friends? - but it's rather common to see somebody post up an online test and the follow-up responses are usually in 120-140 range, which is not possible since the average is 100 points.

    This "real-life functional level" chart seems to be more accurate for estimating one's IQ range: https://paulcooijmans.com/intelligence/iq_ranges.html It allows you to figure out your IQ based on where your see yourself being at an optimal level of performance, and where you'd start to feel challenged. So if you can see yourself getting a PhD in something like physical sciences, being a prolific author or a professor in some specialty field, your IQ is probably over 130 points. If you see yourself getting a masters degree but would feel challenged earning a PhD, then you're probably in the 115-130 range. If you're struggling with college level material then your iQ is probably lower than 115. The same extends to what kind of employment you see as being optimal for yourself. And so on.


    100-109 — Average: Able to learn from written materials. Employable in senior positions.

    110-119 — Above average: Able to learn in "college" format. Bachelor degrees. Manager, teacher, accountant. Just capable of taking high-range I.Q. tests.

    120-129 — Above average: Capable of gathering and inferring own information. Master degrees. Attorney, chemist, executive. About 93 % of high-range test candidates score I.Q. 120 or higher.

    130-139 — "Gifted": May just be able to write a legible piece of text like an article or modest novel. Minor literary figures. Ph.D. in the "soft" sciences. In this range lies the mode of scores on high-range tests, and almost 80 % of high-range candidates score I.Q. 130 or higher. Regular psychology's I.Q. tests should not be trusted beyond this range as their validity breaks down here, if such scores are given at all.

    140-149 — Intelligent: Capable of rational communication and scientific work. From this range on, only specific high-range tests should be considered. Important scientific discoveries and advancement are possible from the upper part of this range on.

  7. #7
    Imperial XerX xerxes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,770
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm skeptical of IQ "science." Is the IQ assessment market even regulated? I wonder how much money I can make by convincing low IQ people to take a b.s. test I pulled out of a hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
    What is most important for democracy is not that great fortunes should not exist, but that great fortunes should not remain in the same hands. In that way there are rich men, but they do not form a class.

  8. #8
    Illegal alien. wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Over the rainbow.
    TIM
    MEH
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I likely have a shitty IQ because those tests seem like some gigantic waste of time to me.
    What does that number says about a person? All I know is that humans generaly get along better with people of similar IQ (more or less 10 points), and that IQ test results can depend on many factors, such as tiredness, having a bad day, a noisy room...
    I know that people with very high IQ, 160+, which is about one person on 30'000 iirc, can have a difficult time in society and feel the need to interact with other 160+ people so they made high IQ societies.

    Sure, ILIs are intuitives and thinkers first, they live in their head, soak up informations easily, yet is it truly high IQ to have read about some logic stuff then answering right in an IQ question testing this afore mentioned logic stuff? Context: I did click on your links, and some questions I had seen elsewhere and remembered the answer to... pretty sure doing an IQ test by memory ruins its purpose... anyhoo.

    I don't think IQ can rule out certain types for someone, or make you a type. I think type is more about how you percieve life and who you enjoy interacting with or not. I mean, people use socionics to date more than anthing else really, that makes it quite social.

    Also, why does IQ matter to you?

  9. #9
    Nebula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    Intp
    Posts
    2,927
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Average intelligence and below accept socionics as dogma.

  10. #10
    MinusOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    I likely have a shitty IQ because those tests seem like some gigantic waste of time to me.
    What does that number says about a person? All I know is that humans generaly get along better with people of similar IQ (more or less 10 points), and that IQ test results can depend on many factors, such as tiredness, having a bad day, a noisy room...
    I know that people with very high IQ, 160+, which is about one person on 30'000 iirc, can have a difficult time in society and feel the need to interact with other 160+ people so they made high IQ societies.

    Sure, ILIs are intuitives and thinkers first, they live in their head, soak up informations easily, yet is it truly high IQ to have read about some logic stuff then answering right in an IQ question testing this afore mentioned logic stuff? Context: I did click on your links, and some questions I had seen elsewhere and remembered the answer to... pretty sure doing an IQ test by memory ruins its purpose... anyhoo.

    I don't think IQ can rule out certain types for someone, or make you a type. I think type is more about how you percieve life and who you enjoy interacting with or not. I mean, people use socionics to date more than anthing else really, that makes it quite social.

    Also, why does IQ matter to you?
    I'm not even sure it matters all that much as long as long as my mental capacity is at least average. I've always thought I'm smart and rational, however, just recently I've realized what I defined as rational might be flawed and that unsettled me a little bit. I have this LSI colleague who is probably unanimously and silently considered the smartest person in the group and the only one I respect. While most of the things he says and his solution to problems are concurrent to my thoughts, I find his logic to be "pure", while mine would be pseudo. His arguments are solely logical while I might use something pseudo-rational , slightly poetic and beautifully put as an argument. I might be equally convinced by plain logic as I am touched by beautifully said things used pretentiously as arguments and until recently I unconsciously thought everyone else is too. Realizing I have or had this huge vulnerability and flaw in reasoning and that it could have gone on undetected for who knows how long is deeply unsettling. I wonder if it's an ILI thing making them vulnerable to the arguments of their TI lacking dual or it's simply a me thing. I suppose that would be the gist of it, not that IQ has much to do with it.

  11. #11
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,974
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most internet IQ test have been designed to give flattering results and are not to be trusted. I myself passed a Mensa IQ test once. My GF, SEI, probably would fail gloriously on that test, but she definitively is a much better cook than I am. But since there are no cooking questions in the average IQ test,it is no surprise that ILIs, on average, score higher than SEIs on test that have been designed to measure qualities they have in the first place.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,102
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In socionics this connection between type and IQ isn't as characterized as in MBTI, so yeah you could be ILI and somewhat dumb. 131 IQ is quite above average anyway.

    I have met SEEs with PhDs, they were academically smart and good at "Se" things but still retarded in their daily life decisions and relationships like most Ti polrs can be.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    Metaphysician thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    7,462
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILIs can be dumb just like any other type. I've never actually measured my IQ.
    @FDG why would an Fi creative type be bad at relationships?
    The higher, the fewer

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

  14. #14
    spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Playing with your head
    TIM
    ILE-C 7(93?)
    Posts
    3,477
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lots of Fi creatives basically wants to bond. Let's add in impulsivity and BAM. They might choose people that are not so fitting to their own style. Hence not making sure that it would carry through systematically.
    You can suggest an alternative type based on video found in HERE

    extrospection > introspection



  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,102
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ILIs can be dumb just like any other type. I've never actually measured my IQ.
    @FDG why would an Fi creative type be bad at relationships?
    They are quite impulsive in their actions and reactions.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    Metaphysician thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    7,462
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    They are quite impulsive in their actions and reactions.
    Ah, so you mean Se leading types are bad at relationships
    The higher, the fewer

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

  17. #17
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    4,189
    Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Ah, so you mean Se leading types are bad at relationships
    “Impulsive” doesn’t mean bad. It just means impulsive.

  18. #18
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,102
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Ah, so you mean Se leading types are bad at relationships
    I´ve met IEE-Fis who also fit the bill actually.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  19. #19
    Metaphysician thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    7,462
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    “Impulsive” doesn’t mean bad. It just means impulsive.
    Indeed
    The higher, the fewer

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

  20. #20
    Illegal alien. wonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Over the rainbow.
    TIM
    MEH
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinusOne View Post
    I'm not even sure it matters all that much as long as long as my mental capacity is at least average. I've always thought I'm smart and rational, however, just recently I've realized what I defined as rational might be flawed and that unsettled me a little bit. I have this LSI colleague who is probably unanimously and silently considered the smartest person in the group and the only one I respect. While most of the things he says and his solution to problems are concurrent to my thoughts, I find his logic to be "pure", while mine would be pseudo. His arguments are solely logical while I might use something pseudo-rational , slightly poetic and beautifully put as an argument. I might be equally convinced by plain logic as I am touched by beautifully said things used pretentiously as arguments and until recently I unconsciously thought everyone else is too. Realizing I have or had this huge vulnerability and flaw in reasoning and that it could have gone on undetected for who knows how long is deeply unsettling. I wonder if it's an ILI thing making them vulnerable to the arguments of their TI lacking dual or it's simply a me thing. I suppose that would be the gist of it, not that IQ has much to do with it.
    Hm, I honestly don't believe in "flaws" anymore, just personality traits that are judged by individuals based on their needs and likes as either "quality" or "flaw".

    LSIs are very... Ti, I have no other word really, this logic thing is their operating system, so yes, they do it better than you, does not mean they have everything and you have nothing interesting to offer the world. It can be cruely easy to look up to someone and want to be like them, and you will never be like them.
    Yes, you can learn from them. Some people will prefer them, but some will prefer you. There are people who will look up to you with the same kind of thoughts you have towards this LSI, and he likely thinks that of someone too.
    Maybe, people don't see him the way you do, have you heard them say so? "probably unanimously and silently" sounds hazy to me.

    ...pseudo-Ti can describe ILIs well because of demonstrative Ti... weird bubble, anyhoo.

    So you like peotic, beautiful phrasing, cool. Enjoy it.
    Some people pay for that.

    Logic does not make the world go round, it goes round on its own.

    At first, I read SLI, not LSI and I was confused as fuck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •