Thread: Attempt to VI my dear old Pops (RIP)

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attempt to VI my dear old Pops (RIP)

https://i.postimg.cc/Yqhj7hYQ/VI-2.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/gcMr1vXY/VI-3.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/xjFT6nh8/VI-1.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/gj69SFLL/VI-4.jpg

Unfortunately, he dodged cameras and video recorders like an Anglo-Saxon dodged water > as if his life depended on it. We both have that in common, actually (dodging cameras, not water). So this is the best I can provide. And seeing as how I'm alive and he isn't, I find it acceptable to use his younger self as a proxy to test out VI theory.

A few things:

• I already know what his type was; it's the same as mine and we share a strong resemblance (I'm a [blonder, bluer, quadroon-esque {heh}] moderately strong subtype, though), which is partially why we were thick as thieves. I just want to see whether or not you all can accurately choose which one it is.
      • I've been officially/professionally typed twice according to the terrible MBTI method but nonetheless received the same result both times. I also received the same result by way of the DaveSuperPowers method.
      • Said result also corresponds to my sociotype, though Socionics does a much better job at speaking to/factoring in greater nuance and complexity via its subtype systems.

Thanks for playing. (Please play)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Unfortunately, he dodged cameras and video recorders like an Anglo-Saxon dodged water > as if his life depended on it. We both have that in common, actually (dodging cameras, not water). So this is the best I can provide. And seeing as how I'm alive and he isn't, I find it acceptable to use his younger self as a proxy to test out VI theory.

A few things:

• I already know what his type was; it's the same as mine and we share a strong resemblance (I'm a [blonder, bluer, quadroon-esque {heh}] moderately strong subtype, though), which is partially why we were thick as thieves. I just want to see whether or not you all can accurately choose which one it is.
      • I've been officially/professionally typed twice according to the terrible MBTI method but nonetheless received the same result both times. I also received the same result by way of the DaveSuperPowers method.
      • Said result also corresponds to my sociotype, though Socionics does a much better job at speaking to/factoring in greater nuance and complexity via its subtype systems.

Thanks for playing. (Please play)
    Alright, since you asked so nicely. He VIs like a Beta rational - EIE sx/sp is quite likely.

The pics reminded me of this guy's interview, who does mention that he tested as ENFJ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTrT0jfops

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Alright, since you asked so nicely. He VIs like a Beta rational - EIE sx/sp is quite likely.

The pics reminded me of this guy's interview, who does mention that he tested as ENFJ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTrT0jfops
    Heh. Very interesting. I won't say "yay or nay" just yet, but thanks for playing.

Even more interesting, all of us are Leos. SMH-don't tell me that there is overlap between astrology and MBTI/Socionics because I'll just knock back a cold glass of Chlorox and end it all. UNLESS, there is good (theoretical that may one day become empirical) evidence, of course.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Heh. Very interesting. I won't say "yay or nay" just yet, but thanks for playing.

Even more interesting, all of us are Leos. SMH-don't tell me that there is overlap between astrology and MBTI/Socionics because I'll just knock back a cold glass of Chlorox and end it all. UNLESS, there is good (theoretical that may one day become empirical) evidence, of course.
    Nah, MBTI groups did polls to see if there is any correlation between Jung's types and signs, and there was none. Who is "all of us" tho?

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, MBTI groups did polls to see if there is any correlation between Jung's types and signs, and there was none. Who is "all of us" tho?
    1.) The lively fella in the video aka The Leo King, my pops, and I.

2.) Do you know if it's usual for EIEs to be sx/sp?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote EIE as well so far. Super handsome OMG. Thank YOU.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh might be the most aesthetic person I’ve ever seen in my life.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE for sure buds. Welcome to the journey.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You typed this guy LSE.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1.) The lively fella in the video aka The Leo King, my pops, and I.

2.) Do you know if it's usual for EIEs to be sx/sp?
    Ah, I didn't look up his channel so I was like who else is Leo here. YouTube casually suggested I watch this video yesterday and today here you are with the pictures of your pop looking so similar.

Afaik there is no correlation between Jung's types and instinct stackings. You'll find all 6 stackings within any type. But if you go by type stereotypes beta is usually stereotyped as sx/so or so/sp and delta and sp/so.

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    You typed this guy LSE.
    The interviewer, not the interviewee. It's the astrologer/charlatan guy who typed as ENFJ.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interviewer, not the interviewee. It's the astrologer/charlatan guy who typed as ENFJ.

Got er.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Tbh might be the most aesthetic person I’ve ever seen in my life.
    You are very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    EIE for sure buds.
    For curiosity's sake, what are you seeing that makes you so certain?

Because as far as I can discern, though you all were pretty close, you're wrong. And the unanimous choice of EIE/ENFj is a fascinating one for several reasons:

1.) Though my pops had never been *officially* typed, by way of my own typing, he was an ENTJ (>Architect/Civil Engineer by trade; almost always chose objective external logic over objective external ethics, to his detriment; was a bull in a china shop concerning other's feelings and damn sure wasn't an empath; could only spare a leftover fuck here and there to maintain/encourage interpersonal group harmony; and his on/off again "why won't this work?/but we're so alike!" *activation* partner, my SEE mother). I've been officially typed as an ENTJ, and more specifically, an LIE-Ni in Socionics.

2.) After considering the feedback, you all have me thinking that perhaps I'm more of an LIE-3Ni and my pops was an LIE-1Ni or something along those lines. Initially, I thought that you all were simply seeing the "dreamy Ni eyes" but obfuscating them with a bit of "Fe-liveliness"; But then I remembered that according to Meged and Ovcharov's subtype theory based on contact/inert functions, an LIE-Ni (creative/contact) would have strengthened Ni, Fe, Fi and Ne and, therefore, experientially/behaviorally come off like an NF more so than an NT. Perhaps, then, these strengthened functions also manifest phenotypically.

3.) Having said that, in reaffirming that I'm not lie-ing about my pop's being an LIE, I came upon this thread about Ganin spreading LIEs concerning VI: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-for-reference

Here is a mash up I did where I put the sketches side by side, including a mashup of the two, and two previously posted pics of my pops (rendered in B&W); Now step back and watch it get freaky > https://i.postimg.cc/j2ZvT43b/ENTJGanin-Pops-MASH.jpg

It's almost uncanny; he seems to be a composite of both LIE sketches.

HOWEVER, I'm still willing to be convinced otherwise. And thanks again for participating.