Si Right Mindfulness
    Se Right Action
    Ni Right Effort
    Ne Right Concentration
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does Fe have to with Livelihood?

Right Understanding: Ti
    Right Resolve/Intention/Thought: Ne
    Right Speech: Fe
    Right Livelihood: Te
    Right Mindfulness: Si
    Right Action: Fi
    Right Effort: Se
    Right Concentration: Ni

Then we have TiNe for Wisdom, FeFiTe for Morality (Ethical Conduct), and SeSiNi for Mental Discipline.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    What does Fe have to with {Right} Livelihood?
    It takes a lot of Fe caring and understanding to say, not slap someone when working in a caring or customer service role. True Fe does no harm to others and seeks to prevent it. Meanwhile other types are busy working at other aspects of a job and leave Fe's with little reward for "being too nice" instead of, for example, getting well paid.

I didn't just go by the names when writing correspondences but had researched their meanings multiple times in the past.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, cool.

IMO/IME the eight fold path, however much it can teach you to live well, is not the answer. You can't ethic your way into reality.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding Fe:

*its however I want to make you feel. and however I want to express*

Not nicey nice all the time.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    It takes a lot of Fe caring and understanding to say, not slap someone when working in a caring or customer service role. True Fe does no harm to others and seeks to prevent it. Meanwhile other types are busy working at other aspects of a job and leave Fe's with little reward for "being too nice" instead of, for example, getting well paid.

I didn't just go by the names when writing correspondences but had researched their meanings multiple times in the past.
    You're stretching the meaning, both of Fe and Right Livelihood. My interpretation is much more straightforward: Fe characterizes how you express yourself, including speech. Te has to do with resource management and economics, including livelihood. And according to all the sources I've read, Right Livelihood is supposed to be about the moral quality of the actual work you do, not how you treat people when you're at work. Here's a good link that goes back to the primary sources.

It should be noted however, that since Buddhism is essentially an Si philosophy, many of them are also "colored" with Si, i.e. being nice and not hurting people etc. -- which is what you're (IMO not correctly) relating to Fe.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You're stretching the meaning, both of Fe and Right Livelihood. My interpretation is much more straightforward: Fe characterizes how you express yourself, including speech. Te has to do with resource management and economics, including livelihood. And according to all the sources I've read, Right Livelihood is supposed to be about the moral quality of the actual work you do, not how you treat people when you're at work. Here's a good link that goes back to the primary sources.

It should be noted however, that since Buddhism is essentially an Si philosophy, many of them are also "colored" with Si, i.e. being nice and not hurting people etc. -- which is what you're (IMO not correctly) relating to Fe.
    Perhaps this will clarify where I am coming from.

I have thus far encountered two other views in my reading. One perhaps falsely uses Right Livelihood for dharma and would claim that being in the right vocational niche that serves the collective is a noble pursuit. The other view I encountered which I think might be more traditional and from a few sources is that Right Livelihood would include things like harming no one unnecessarily such as animals. The latter is what I am referring to wrt a more Jungian and MBTIish conception of Fe externalized ethics and emotional reactions and rules etc.

We seem to perhaps have swapped definitions of Fi and Fe between us. What you called Fe in your post I call Fi when it comes to making an impact in how one intends to present.
    ~* astralsilky