Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: Additions to VI at socionicscom

  1. #1
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,937
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Additions to V.I. at socionics.com

    I notice that Billy Connolly, Tim Burton and Steven Spielberg are all ENFps on there...I suppose I can see it for Billy Connolly.

    http://www.socionics.com/advan/famous.htm

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    about 70% of ganin's celebrity types are wrong... or at least those few that i know and can sort of judge.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Keanu Reeves has to be some sort of NF type, and Steven Spielburg does have an NF look to him ... not sure about most of the other guys.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a brief list affirming ganin's stupidity:

    vladimir putin- ENTp
    george lucas- INTj
    julia roberts- ISTj
    gillian anderson- INFp (lol rick has her typed as ESTj)
    john travolta- INTp
    mikhail gorbachev- ESTj (i dont know about him personally but rick has him as ESFp and appears very certain of that)
    cher- ENFp
    george bush- ESTp
    alice cooper- INFj

  5. #5
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,937
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol, don't shoot the messenger...
    Tim Burton as ENFp is interesting, but I just don't know. I agree that Spielberg does look ENFp when compared with the other peops on that page, but I'm pretty sure he isn't.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    James Hetfield an INTJ?

    FUCK YOU GANIN.

    I think that's the biggest evidence that Ganin isn't INTJ himself. Hetfield can't be INTJ. He's one of the three or four celebrities I relate to the most. Fuck you Ganin. Hetfield's the same type I am.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    a brief list affirming ganin's stupidity:

    vladimir putin- ENTp
    george lucas- INTj
    julia roberts- ISTj
    gillian anderson- INFp (lol rick has her typed as ESTj)
    john travolta- INTp
    mikhail gorbachev- ESTj (i dont know about him personally but rick has him as ESFp and appears very certain of that)
    cher- ENFp
    george bush- ESTp
    alice cooper- INFj
    I agree with your entire list. Good job.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  8. #8
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,937
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've read somewhere that Ganin uses some special machine to do his typings - but its strange that Louis Jourdan (who was a bad guy in some Bond film) used to be an INTp and is now an ESTp.

  9. #9
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I've read somewhere that Ganin uses some special machine to do his typings
    hahahahah that proves how little he knows about vi hahahahah.


    also, when I asked him to VI a few people on his forum, he got all of them wrong.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    also, when I asked him to VI a few people on his forum, he got all of them wrong.
    Who? Me? Gilligan? Baby? People like that?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  11. #11
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    also, when I asked him to VI a few people on his forum, he got all of them wrong.
    Who? Me? Gilligan? Baby? People like that?
    Nah, it was all me and some of my IRL friends.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  12. #12
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It 's so funny when you see so many (obviously) different faces in one category...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  13. #13
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I've read somewhere that Ganin uses some special machine to do his typings



  14. #14
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    hahahahahha
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OMG MY FORTUNE COOKIE SAID I WAS ENFJ!!

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    FUCK YOU GANIN.

    I think that's the biggest evidence that Ganin isn't INTJ himself. Hetfield can't be INTJ. He's one of the three or four celebrities I relate to the most. Fuck you Ganin. Hetfield's the same type I am.
    do you shout warnings at the characters on the screen when watching horror movies?

  17. #17
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    FUCK YOU GANIN.

    I think that's the biggest evidence that Ganin isn't INTJ himself. Hetfield can't be INTJ. He's one of the three or four celebrities I relate to the most. Fuck you Ganin. Hetfield's the same type I am.
    do you shout warnings at the characters on the screen when watching horror movies?
    Umm.

    No.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  19. #19
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soggy-flakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I've read somewhere that Ganin uses some special machine to do his typings
    hahahahah that proves how little he knows about vi hahahahah.


    also, when I asked him to VI a few people on his forum, he got all of them wrong.

    He INSISTS I'm not an INTj
    I thought you were INTP
    Anyway so you guys gimmie a list of the ones you agree with and the ones you totally dont agree with.
    I dont know alot about Cher but I imagine she could be ESFP instead of ENFP. Alice Cooper, INFJ ? that doesnt sound likely. Probably ESTP. I dunno. I would like to think Ganin isnt going soley by VI on these celebs but maybe he is .

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my impression was that cher was ENFj.

    i have no idea how ganin does his typing but he ought to completely rethink his strategy... as a matter of course he probably should pack up the socionics.com servers and find a real job.

  21. #21
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    FUCK YOU GANIN.

    I think that's the biggest evidence that Ganin isn't INTJ himself. Hetfield can't be INTJ. He's one of the three or four celebrities I relate to the most. Fuck you Ganin. Hetfield's the same type I am.
    do you shout warnings at the characters on the screen when watching horror movies?
    I do. And I wave wildly at the same time "That way!! No No, don't go that way, the other way, the other way!!!!"
    ahahahaha me too
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  22. #22
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do that shouting thing too, I say things like, "oh no!! don't go that way, you'll surely die! but it will be a useful plot device!!! on second thought, go ahead and go that way, and slower, too."

  23. #23

    Default

    Wow! Bashing someone for his opinion. I'm happy for you guys, and for your abilities to prove a point. I find this thread humorous, overall.
    ILE

  24. #24
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    mikhail gorbachev- ESTj (i dont know about him personally but rick has him as ESFp and appears very certain of that)
    I can't see Gorbachev as ESTj, and I do think he's ESFp -- so does Lytov by the way. I've also read Gorbachev's memoirs and several interviews. I'd be very suprised if he was ESTj. As for Putin, it


    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    i have no idea how ganin does his typing but he ought to completely rethink his strategy... as a matter of course he probably should pack up the socionics.com servers and find a real job.
    He probably does have a real job of some sort - - you can't live in London just running a non-paying website.

    As for his typing, he put his VI criteria together, somehow, at some point, and now they seem self-contained -- it doesn't look like he tried to validate them.

    However, I disagree with you about socionics.com as a whole. When he does not write about VI and gets into types and relationships, he can make a lot of sense. For instance, he explained that the way to solve the usual INTj/INTp controversies is to look whether you see an ESFj or ESFp as your dual or conflictor, which is precisely the right appraoch IMO.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    However, I disagree with you about socionics.com as a whole. When he does not write about VI and gets into types and relationships, he can make a lot of sense. For instance, he explained that the way to solve the usual INTj/INTp controversies is to look whether you see an ESFj or ESFp as your dual or conflictor, which is precisely the right appraoch IMO.
    Oh yes, but that's basic socionics. He then goes on to say that INTPs also like to be in thrill-seeking enviroments whereas INTJs prefer friendly enviorments, which is of course bull. He also says that INTPs look for knowing whereas INTJs look for understanding, another load of crap. Everyone knows that the word "understanding" just means a deeper level of learning something then "knowing", which means that Ganin's view of socionics is basically a pathetic athempt to strole his own ego. You can tell by the self-centeredness of his view on the types.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  26. #26
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, he also likes to claim that INTps are "spiritual" --

    I agree that socionics.com isn't the best site in English for Socionics, in fact, Rick's is. What I meant was simply that the rest isn't as bad as his VI bit.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    992
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default An Opinion

    In my opinion Ganin's list of celebrities seems to be more accurate than any other one I have seen, but that really does not amount to much... Rick's typing seems rather stereotypical, but otherwise I do esteem Rick's site very highly.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson


  28. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    However, I disagree with you about socionics.com as a whole. When he does not write about VI and gets into types and relationships, he can make a lot of sense. For instance, he explained that the way to solve the usual INTj/INTp controversies is to look whether you see an ESFj or ESFp as your dual or conflictor, which is precisely the right appraoch IMO.
    Oh yes, but that's basic socionics. He then goes on to say that INTPs also like to be in thrill-seeking enviroments whereas INTJs prefer friendly enviorments, which is of course bull. He also says that INTPs look for knowing whereas INTJs look for understanding, another load of crap. Everyone knows that the word "understanding" just means a deeper level of learning something then "knowing", which means that Ganin's view of socionics is basically a pathetic athempt to strole his own ego. You can tell by the self-centeredness of his view on the types.
    precisely. i'm not sure where exactly you find this claim that attempting to find your conflictor is a good approach to distinguishing between quasi-identicals. however, when i looked at his INTp/INTj article, it was full of misinformation and entirely unhelpful.

    admittedly i haven't looked very thoroughly at his site because the little that i have seen of it has demonstrated nothing but ganin's complete ignorance on the subject of socionics.

  29. #29
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    However, I disagree with you about socionics.com as a whole. When he does not write about VI and gets into types and relationships, he can make a lot of sense. For instance, he explained that the way to solve the usual INTj/INTp controversies is to look whether you see an ESFj or ESFp as your dual or conflictor, which is precisely the right appraoch IMO.
    Oh yes, but that's basic socionics. He then goes on to say that INTPs also like to be in thrill-seeking enviroments whereas INTJs prefer friendly enviorments, which is of course bull. He also says that INTPs look for knowing whereas INTJs look for understanding, another load of crap. Everyone knows that the word "understanding" just means a deeper level of learning something then "knowing", which means that Ganin's view of socionics is basically a pathetic athempt to strole his own ego. You can tell by the self-centeredness of his view on the types.
    precisely. i'm not sure where exactly you find this claim that attempting to find your conflictor is a good approach to distinguishing between quasi-identicals. however, when i looked at his INTp/INTj article, it was full of misinformation and entirely unhelpful.

    admittedly i haven't looked very thoroughly at his site because the little that i have seen of it has demonstrated nothing but ganin's complete ignorance on the subject of socionics.
    Niffweed, since you are so critical, may I ask what are your qualifications? What have you produced that we can look to for some sound understanding of socionics? I think what Ganin has produced has some value even if it is not perfect. I would also be interested to see what kind of site you could produce. If and when you create one let us know. Then we can pick it apart.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    i have no qualifications whatsoever and no website about socionics. i'm probably too lazy to actually finish one if i started it. that being said, i'm just offering my opinion on ganin based on what i've seen on his site, and you have every right to ignore it entirely.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Starting a site doesn't say much. In fact, even making a lot of sense on your site doesn't sat much either (if you can do that). Neither one of those shows that what you are talking about reflects reality. And that's important. Any of us who want to take the effort can create a website about anything like socionics, and put a bunch of good sounding, apparently coherent and convincing stuff on there, but that doesn't mean that we'd be right.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  32. #32
    Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Former USSR (global nomad)
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll refrain from criticizing Ganin because, as Expat says, some things he does quite well. In fact, one of those seems to be understanding intertype relations and how they work, which he is attentive to and has some very wise things to say about. This fact suggests that he types at least decently well in real life, because people who don't usually have a hazy or garbled vision of intertype dynamics. I've known people who are overly confident in distance typing and produce very statistically lopsided results, but given time and personal contact, they usually come around to the "correct" type of people they deal with based on interaction patterns. Given all the difficulties of typing at a distance (using "V.I." or whatever), those who confer with other competent socionists in their typings are always at an advantage over those who type in isolation and believe they alone have the "key." Type identification isn't like other areas of life where it pays to be original .

  33. #33
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Starting a site doesn't say much. In fact, even making a lot of sense on your site doesn't sat much either (if you can do that). Neither one of those shows that what you are talking about reflects reality. And that's important. Any of us who want to take the effort can create a website about anything like socionics, and put a bunch of good sounding, apparently coherent and convincing stuff on there, but that doesn't mean that we'd be right.
    Im going to have to part with you on this one. Producing a site like Ganins does say something. Most of his points make sense or at least give me something to think about and compair to reality. Thats a far cry from nothing. I didnt know anything about socionics until I came across his site. I imagine I am not alone because it was one of the few sites in english that delt with socionics. If anything his site gave me a jumping off point to observe reality and do further research. I know for myself it would take a great deal of effort to create a site like that and I am grateful for his efforts even if his site is not perfect. Nothing about socionics reflects absolute reality. It cant. Its a paradigm, a lense to try to make sense of what we percieve.
    Oh and I like Ricks site too. He's done a great job.

    EDIT: that came off very ENFP didnt it?

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  34. #34
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yes it did.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •