Thread: Model M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Model M

windows-of-socionics.png

Hello group,
    I've developed a model of Socionics which is a simple modification to Model A. All perceiving introverts have been renamed as extroverts, and all perceiving extroverts have been renamed as introverts. This is due to the reversion of introversion and extroversion of Information Elements of Intuition and Sensing.

Model A Information Elements Model M Information Elements
    Se Si !
    Si Se !
    Fi Fi
    Fe Fe
    Ti Ti
    Te Te
    Ne Ni !
    Ni Ne !

My background is in metaphysics and I modified the Information Elements because I saw this image on Wikipedia:

Socionics_Information_Elements_and_Dichotomies.png

The image didn't make sense to me because blocks of Model A always consist of one introverted Element and one extroverted Element, yet the Manhattan distance from, for example, "Ni" to "Te" is 2. I figured it should be 1.

If the Information Elements are renamed as above then all Information Elements that can be blocked with each other have a Manhattan distance of 1. Furthermore, all blocks are completely extroverted or completely introverted in Model M. No block consists of one introverted Element and one extroverted Element.

Model A is correct from a behaviouristic viewpoint. Perceiving extroverts of Model A are more social and outgoing. Nevertheless, these types are considered something like talkative introverts in Model M. On the other hand, perceiving introverts of Model A are considered reclusive extroverts. They are extroverted because they conflate themselves with their surroundings. This is the cause of their introverted behaviour – they need it for maintaining autonomy. Perceiving introverts don't need to distance themselves from others because their focus is on their own agenda instead of their surroundings.

Model A sociotypes Model M sociotypes
    ENTp INTp
    ISFp ESFp
    INFp ENFp
    ESTp ISTp
    INTp ENTp
    ESFp ISFp
    ISTp ESTp
    ENFp INFp

Once the four-letter type codes have been renamed it's possible to make a Logical Progression Chart for intertype relations of Model M. The most interesting change here is that Model A form of conflicting relations turns into relations of activity and vice versa.

Altered variables Relationship Example
    1st Contrary ENTp – INTp
    1st, 2nd IF -p, Semi-dual ENTp – ISTp
    IF -j, Illusionary ENTj – ISTj
    1st, 3rd IF -p, Illusionary ENTp – INFp
    IF -j, Semi-dual ENTj – INFj
    1st, 4th Quasi-identical ENTp – INTj !
    1st, 2nd, 3rd Dual ENTp – ISFp
    1st, 2nd, 4th -j Benefactor to -p ENTp < ISTj !
    1st, 3rd, 4th -p Benefactor to -j ENTp > INFj !
    1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Active ENTp – ISFj !
    2nd IF -p, Look-a-like ENTp – ESTp
    IF -j, Comparative ENTj – ESTj
    2nd, 3rd Super-ego ENTp – ESFp
    2nd, 4th -j Supervisor to -p ENTp > ESTj !
    2nd, 3rd, 4th Conflicting ENTp – ESFj !
    3rd IF -p, Comparative ENTp – ENFp
    IF -j, Look-a-like ENTj – ENFj
    3rd, 4th -j Supervisor to -p ENTp < ENFj !
    4th Mirror ENTp – ENTj !

More about Model M:

Ni of model M creates narratives about the present moment. These narratives are not the present moment. Instead, they explain what has brought us to our current situation.

This Information Element is introverted because the narratives aren't perceived by others unless they are shared. Sharing them requires some method, such as symbols or language.

Ne of model M is the present moment in episodic time. This Information Element is extroverted because sharing it doesn't require a method. For example, seeing a certain person in a certain place is readily understood without language.

Se of model M is the present moment in empirical time. "Empirical time" means time that can be measured by using a stopwatch. This Information Element is extroverted because it refers to immediate perceptions of sensory stimuli.

Si of model M is introverted because it doesn't refer to immediate perceptions of stimuli. Instead, it refers to interpretations about what do immediate perceptions mean in a social context. This Information Element is introverted because it involves the self in relation to other beings, whereas Se could involve nothing else than succeeding at performing a particular motorbike stunt.

In general, introverted Information Elements relate perceptions to the self whereas extroverted Elements do not. This is why those who have strong and valued Extroverted Intuition are described to behave in a confusing manner. They do not relate to their surroundings as selves because they conflate themselves with their surroundings. Which is an extroverted thing to do.

In the spirit of that image of Model A from Wikipedia, here is an image of Information Elements of Model M so that they're arranged into a 3-space.

ENTP5.png

If you ask me, Socionics theorists haven't so far made full use of the possibility of formalising Socionics. I've never read anything solid about so-called "mental ring" and "vital ring", which some authors also call "tracks" or even "superblocks". These are supposed to be some kind of cognitive loops that connect the Ego and Super-Ego, and the Id and Super-Id, respectively. As far as I can tell this is a premature ad hoc connect-the-dots theorism that serves no particular purpose except to make the formal aspect of Socionics look more complete.

If we superimpose a model of functions on the metaphysics of Socionics we could develop a model that's more interesting and promising than Model A. If the metaphysics of Socionics is a three-space then, instead of two rings, we should search for a cube-shaped form that is a model of how cognitive energies flow.

It is possible to arrange the directions of individual blocks so that the three-space turns into a kind of a container with an input, the Role function, and an output, the Creative function. There is also a loop-shaped part in the form. It consists of the Mobilising, Vulnerable, Leading and Ignoring function. I've called that the existential loop and the name seems to do the form no harm.

If a sociotype is modeled as a container with an input and an output it also gains a "deflect" feature so that energy flow is from input to output. This would model the cognitive process of a person rejecting some cognitive event without consideration.

In this kind of a model it makes sense to revise the numbering of functions. The functions may keep their names but because Model M sociotypes have an input and an output it makes sense to number the input as 1 and the output as 8. The complete sequence of numbered functions is something like the ideal form of cognitive flow. In this system the number 5 is assigned for the Leading function.

essence.png

I'd like to write an article about Model M on Wikisocion. May I do that, and how?
    Last edited by MikkoTeippi; 10-18-2018 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added an image in the beginning to make things clearer