Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would an LII with strong Ne subtype look like?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    I doubt it's this systematic, but if there were such a system, then how would it work?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...lements-Primer
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ation-Elements

These descriptions, like many other logical reductions in socionics, are probably useful only at the most abstract level — in order to see that the 8 information elements are 'deep' characteristics of reality that go beyond easily quantifiable categories.

The concrete content of the 8 information elements can best be understood by studying people who have these elements as their leading functions.
    Also, I like your profile picture. Where did you get it from?
    Thank you. Deviant art.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. Thanks for the link. I'll read up on it soon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Inert subtype introverts will most likely be mistyped in MBTI.
    Well, that depends on what standard of conversion you're using, not that any of them are particularly good. For example, if you expect ISTp-Si to map to MBTI ISTJ, then it's unlikely since an Si subtype of ISTp would be even more laid-back, whereas an average ISTJ would be relatively strict. But, if you expect ISTp-Si to map to MBTI ISTP, then I would say it's definitely possible given that the MBTI definition of Se is similar to the socionics definition of Si.

Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Well, that depends on what standard of conversion you're using, not that any of them are particularly good. For example, if you expect ISTp-Si to map to MBTI ISTJ, then it's unlikely since an Si subtype of ISTp would be even more laid-back, whereas an average ISTJ would be relatively strict. But, if you expect ISTp-Si to map to MBTI ISTP, then I would say it's definitely possible given that the MBTI definition of Se is similar to the socionics definition of Si.
    I meant that an SLI-Te correlates best with ISTJ, whereas an SLI-Si does not have such a good correlation in MBTI. Someone who is SLI-Si would probably mistype in MBTI.
    Though to be fair, all people with a strong subtype tend to mistype themselves. But I see it particularly often with introverts, especially those who have a strong Inert (first function) subtype.
    Typing [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x] YouTube [x] Discord [x] Film [x]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Someone who is SLI-Si would probably mistype in MBTI.
    By your definition of the conversion, yes this would be the case since ISTJ and SLI-Si don't correlate very well. Like I said in my post, however, I can see ISTP in MBTI fitting the description. The subtypes seem to accentuate rationality or irrationality, so while there is no direct correlation between MBTI and socionics, the subtype could give an indication as to whether the individual is a P or J type in MBTI. From there, comparing the other dichotomies with the dichotomies in socionics could give a decent estimation for the conversion between the two systems.

But the discrepancy between function descriptions and holistic descriptions makes it difficult, as the holistic descriptions, especially in MBTI, tend to contradict the function descriptions. For example, Ni and Te are combined in the holistic INTJ description to describe someone who plans everything and everything despite being a leading irrational type. Hence, the functions are almost redefined to fit the Jungian description and also the MBTI holistic interpretation so Ni becomes the foreseeing and planning function rather than just the foreseeing function.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So at the moment I am thinking that LII is about the ability to logically compute and arrange concepts and ideas.

Here is an example. I'm having a bad hair day, I meet an LII (who matches the 1st but not 2nd LIE sketch among standard references). We hit it off famously. I get energized and need to break away. Probably activity relation aside, he as shop manager sees my sad frizzy hair from the rain yet doesn't directly react. Yet subconsciously it gets registered as he points out examples of mourning hair jewelry - necklaces crafted from hair - in his antique jewelry shop. See what I mean? He sees my hair, the emotional reaction of sadness is registered, and computed in a logically additive way among the many antiques he was already telling me about. He presented to me a new variation on a theme.

I think Alpha NTism is about thematic variations. Gamma NTism is more about factual data deduction and related rationalism. I am not quite content with this explanation but at least it is not overly vague and is headed in the right direction. My cognitive definitions post is on the general discussion page with basic definitions for reference. Ne is a concept, image or complete idea map or belief. Ni is a rational field. Ti is logic. Te is data. All NTs navigate this sea only in different ways.
    Self-tests as INXX for 30 years.
    Intertype Relations tests as SEI (ISFp).
    Formerly posted as astralsilky 2007-10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12