Thread: Don't Say This / Don't Say That

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I don't know but I get offended when people try to smooth their own words to a point where it becomes pure ass kissing. It is like I want to say to them: "You should just call me ?/&%/("# instead of trying to twist the actual information if you can not be neutral about it".
    I'd say that's more like being annoyed than offended, per @schwiftyrickty's definition above.

You could get offended though, if you perceive it as an insult to your intelligence.

People also talk about getting "offended" by anyone with different political views, but that's sort of a different kind of process.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Meh I don't ever care what somebody merely says, all words are hot air to me. I'm not gonna be some SJW over what somebody says.

However, if I view real malice behind the words or serious intent to carry something non-ethical out beyond the words- as in it has nothing really whatsoever to do with mere words, then I'll probably get out my Moral Chastising gloves. Even then I have no desire to be a cop or call the cops, but I will of course still think what are you doing is very wrong. Because it is. Its objective to me in that sense, maybe that's the Fe part. (am I always right in sensing the energy behind the words, of course not- but I'd like to think I'm pretty good at it. It's both a 4D Ni and Fi thing to me.)

This is why I'm constantly reading between the lines of what people say as only an idiot takes what people says as complete literal truth. Exaggeration and provocation is often a natural form of human expression, without it the world is just a dry lifeless nothing.

Reading real intent is how to capture/prevent a person that's actually being a harm to himself and/or others, not some guy that says shit he doesn't really mean and is making himself a gadfly or scapegoat. I don't really think society is evolved to this point yet, but one day we will get there. I am hoping. Cuz often the worst among us does have the mask of politeness. Look at John Wayne Gacy lol. And obviously, the person that is rougher around the edges isn't always the bad guy. Hollywood is too dumb and corny with that shit. 'Look at Willow, she's evil now because her hair is dyed black!' But it's just a greater symptom of a bigger issue that plagues society.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 11-14-2018 at 05:49 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course there are the stereotypical ones but I think any type can be SJWish at times.

I tend to think there’s no point in policing what other people say in terms of how they express it, unless it’s to warn a friend about norms or something if it really might make a difference. The principle behind it though maybe sure.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its called F types

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12