Thread: any other IEIs/INFps here, how does it feel when your perspective on typing gets shattered by others?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up any other IEIs/INFps here, how does it feel when your perspective on typing gets shattered by others?

I've seen it myself on another site that i've mentioned on here.
    They laugh at you instantly for typings that I might not really care about but then when it comes to a typing that i'm really passionate about, they brush it aside and back someone else up who doesn't really care.
    They even called me a troll on their discord chat(which i'm not on so it's a form of backbiting, don't backbite)
    Some users said I was fried on drugs just for typing people. Like if I was seriously on drugs wouldn't you pm me to tell me to stop?

Why do people not like typings made from pure personal insight? Why do they all love to conform to the same typings as each other?

I honestly need an answer to this. I find it ignorant tbh. I can understand disagreement but not insults or anything further.
    It happened to another IEI aswell he left the site before.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some users said I was fried on drugs just for typing people.
    - Probably had more to do with their personality, or your rationale rather than the act of typing.

Like if I was seriously on drugs wouldn't you pm me to tell me to stop?
    - No.

Why do people not like typings made from pure personal insight?
    - Because if they don't have a similar mental framework, that insight is likely incomprehensible to them.

Why do they all love to conform to the same typings as each other?
    Because they agree with it, or they put no thought into it.

I can understand disagreement but not insults or anything further.
    - The displeasure those insults spurred motivated you to write this. Negative reinforcement is more helpful than debate if you can take it.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like if I was seriously on drugs wouldn't you pm me to tell me to stop?

Nah, I highly doubt anybody on here cares about you at all enough to really do that, that's a very naive comment. Sorry if that sounds harsh, a few might- I don't know. But it's a good thing cuz y'know, Caring = Creepy. lol

Hateful comments on the internet almost always hurt the hater's reputation and never the hated so I wouldn't worry about too much about it. And I don't use discord cuz it smells shitty and gossipy. I want to defend you and root for you but it's like you put yourself in situations where others can easily treat you poorly. Do you masochistically get off of it, as an IEI? I won't judge if you do, it just sounds weird- like you're stronger than this.

What the hell is 'pure personal insight.' I would hope that even something very subjective sounding like that would still have some basis in objective reality... even if it's only anecdotal evidence. Otherwise we'd all be confusing everybody's mere imagination for objective reality left and right... well actually, that is a big reason why the world is crazy & sucky today now that you mentioned it. =/

I will take what Wayne Dyer said and try to make it more friendly to Betas: 99% of the time what other people think of you is none of your business. 1% of the time it will be different and a good way to climb the social ladder or get yourself out of a pickle, but most of the time- you just cannot control what goes on in another person's head about you. So you need to give up the control and caring about them trying to "shatter you." (Unless your physical life is in jeopardy.) Most likely, humans beings humans- they will hate/dislike your guts/think you are "Evil" and misunderstand you to hell and back. Especially if you're a proud member of the Beta quadra, haha. Trust me, I know what that feels like and it can get you down sometimes- but only if you are allowing it in and trying to connect to people you really shouldn't be trying to connect with anyway lol. Let love be the special rare gift it truly is- not a cheap all-encompassing whore.

Also it's very obvious: they're easily getting under your skin because they can sense you truly care. Don't give a fuck and let things go and your relations may improve. More than likely they're just bored kids (and yes, early-20 something know it alls are still CHILDREN in the grand scheme of things) looking to get a rise out of somebody, and ur taking them way too seriously.

And now your fate was avoided... because you had a sassy gay friend... on the internet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    Why do people not like typings made from pure personal insight?
    It's common for Socionics to use intuition for typing, for example normal VI is such. Also in Jung's typology there is no priority between logics and intuition functions.
    Some people like too much to have common scientific look of arguments, even when there is lack of objectivity like in today Socionics. They have partly magical perception of the "smart" words. F types have it more as it's harder for them to be sceptical to logical arguments and to understand the problems of the current basis for such argumentation.

> Why do they all love to conform to the same typings as each other?

due to natural wish to not confront as this breaks the social links. in the muddy regions like today Socionics the factor of conformism becomes stronger as there is no good objective approach to oppose.
    when people have own typing experience - they get lesser of conformism. noobs show it a lot

> I can understand disagreement but not insults or anything further.

the lesser logical basis is - the more wish to protect opinion by emotions

mb your type is not IEI, if you are so suprised by common F types behavior

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm SEI but truth remains truth regardless of opinion.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many if not most discord chats surrounding specified topics of discussion are pretty braindead. It’s internet anon syndrome mixed with tribe mentality, and with instant messaging and visual overload. With specific topics of discussion, regular assholes will be made to think they can take themselves seriously. Why else do you think it’s called “discord”.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you ever tried leaving them alone to masturbate with themselves? I would think it'd be something of an IEI to pick and choose battles wisely instead of being involved with shitty people and trying to make understanding with them. Try to make friends who are willing to discuss types and whatever you want with you instead of forcing conversation with whatever living thing exists.