Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What this is a worth of: I had some troubles with math at beginning of so called gymnasium age/phase. It looked quite odd and totally weird. Then I ditched their way of doing it bottom up and taught it to myself from top to bottom perspective.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    I think ILE as well...EII doesn't really make a lot of sense based on the video.

Definitely not EII, but IEE also doesn't seem to fit. My reasons might sound vague or subjective, but I will try my best.

You don't sound like you really care about Fi (morality, maintaining of relationships - specifically closeness and what can break a bond to the point of no return). I am not saying you don't care at all about those things, but your vibe is...shall I say, harsher, than that of a feeler. Also Fi is typically associated with quirky and/or very natural/authentic facial expressions, while Fe is not like that. I didn't see either of those in your video, but I don't sense Fi at all...and I can see Fe valuing.
    Given my interactions with @Feathers, I just do not have the same relation with him as I do with ILEs. First of all, ILEs are very cold and our relationship is very impersonal even if both of us are well intended towards the other. He is very personal with me calls me by the affectionate moniker "Uncle Ave", I do feel like he tries to upkeep the relationship the way a feeler would, which is something that I, despite good intentions, cannot do.

I suggested IEI based on some data I had and while I can still see that working, I am actually leaning Delta NF for Feathers. I do feel like I get alot of over the long run, but I also feel like he initiates contact with me (and others) which is a sign of extroversion.

I currently think IEE is a good fit actually. I prefer EII for him, except he does seem to initiate contact. Initiating contact can be a sx first thing though, so idk.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Given my interactions with @Feathers, I just do not have the same relation with him as I do with ILEs. First of all, ILEs are very cold and our relationship is very impersonal even if both of us are well intended towards the other. He is very personal with me calls me by the affectionate moniker "Uncle Ave", I do feel like he tries to upkeep the relationship the way a feeler would, which is something that I, despite good intentions, cannot do.

I suggested IEI based on some data I had and while I can still see that working, I am actually leaning Delta NF for Feathers. I do feel like I get alot of over the long run, but I also feel like he initiates contact with me (and others) which is a sign of extroversion.

I currently think IEE is a good fit actually. I prefer EII for him, except he does seem to initiate contact. Initiating contact can be a sx first thing though, so idk.

I can't believe you actually changed your name into that, you beast. I'm flattered.
    Yeah, sx does seem to be a huge thing for me. I have had a lot of discussions about connection, chemistry in relationships and such with a certain forum member on here. I think it's a big part of who I am but at the same time, I don't think it's overshadowing the other aspects. But it's huge (see the above comment about dipping-my-Fi-biscuit-into-others' milk jug to see if they're okay with it). Takin that into account, I don't think an EII's Fi is that flexible, I feel like it's more deeply nuanced than mine but more stable. So IEE would work yes.

and here's the BUT: I still have a hard time seeing how certain aspects of the IEE type come into play when it comes to me. One of them being duality (dun dun dun). So, SLIs, I'm sorry if you think I'm not IEE, I'm just as embarrassed by it as you are. But hope is not lost yet, you can still prove that I'm not one.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah, ILE's are known to be extremely cold or extremely hot. They dot not handle it, It just happens: day1 is different from day 2. Among some subtypes this swing happens within minutes.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    How do you feel about IEE's duality with SLI (or LSE's with EII - whichever type you are looking at currently)?
    Good question-- Mainly because I don't even know. I have mentioned having poor personal experience when it comes to any kind of ITRs, duality included, before. One of my biggest peeves is being patronized. I don't know if this is bad prejudice/bad rep, but I've heard Delta STs are the queens of patronizing and have gold medals in the field. Will read up to refresh my memory on material about both duality relationships and will edit this post soon enough, but I am a bit caught in schoolwork today.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A forumite told me that, eventually, I'll collect one of each type like boy scout badges. I see how right they were, now.
    @vesstheastralsilky, please do take a look at this thread when you have the time. I'm really curious about what you think of my type.

It's pretty clear that the full harmony that I seek when it comes to typing is unachievable. There will always be people that think otherwise, no matter what someone chooses to type as. The problem though is that I just can't make up my mind because every single time I think I've "got it" someone comes along and brings another option worth considering.
    This is a loop and I must tie the thread somehow.
    Or just cut it.
    But I would feel bad for the thread afterward.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    A forumite told me that, eventually, I'll collect one of each type like boy scout badges. I see how right they were, now.
    @vesstheastralsilky, please do take a look at this thread when you have the time. I'm really curious about what you think of my type.

It's pretty clear that the full harmony that I seek when it comes to typing is unachievable. There will always be people that think otherwise, no matter what someone chooses to type as. The problem though is that I just can't make up my mind because every single time I think I've "got it" someone comes along and brings another option worth considering.
    This is a loop and I must tie the thread somehow.
    Or just cut it.
    But I would feel bad for the thread afterward.
    Yup, you show the signs of an intelligent sincere seeker who's been at this for a while. Sadly it is not about mastering published data by knowing it, so much as learning what is reliable, what to ignore and any more info you can bring to the situation.

I will read your thread now and share my opinion soon.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feathers congrats

I think you just broke all previously known existing models lol

I typed u but then noticed a contradiction in my system now and I have to sort it out

But I was going to say IEE-Ne for you

Oh wait

I think I resolved the issue in my Model

Anyway

You are the Pied Piper Inspirer archetype.

I'm stressed now bc the shift I needed to make has officially made my dad not my supervisor but my Conflictor.l to get all the IRL sorted out unless only unless I am SLI and supervise him thus causing the authority conflict and u dear feathers would then be my dual

Fuck

Now I have to reevaluate a ton of IRL LOL
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Feathers you seem to have strong Ne because of the way you manage conceptual themes. You also are good with charisma which is Fi.

I'm going to read more of the thread to try to rule out ILE though coz of certain personal IRL concerns as previously stated.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think you are more of an Inspirer who easily leads groups (creative Fi) or a Visionary Futurist (creative Ti)???????

I love your imagination and never mind that imaginative bit they pin on ILIs. It's wrong.

I think you are the same type of someone I quickly fell in love with once (details excluded) and he kind of vis like Gwenyth Paltrow. A very outgoing version however.

Now, I VI Robert Downey Jr as EIE which you are certainly not. She could be his Benefactor as ILE. Quasi-Identical is possible in a friendly Hollywood way if she and you are EII. And can't be EII because then you'd be Contrary relations if I recall right ...
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne or IEE-Ne. We need to figure this out.

Ok questions. When you are around people and engaging them in activities, does it a) feeling kind of chaotic where you especially appreciate calm friendly politeness from others as you try to get stuff done or b) feel like luck let's you schmooze more with making a deliberate impression on others to achieve certain results and not so task oriented like trying to do things for others? This is the Ti or Fi decider for you in this particular contextual situation.

Both types care what others think but ILE-Ne feels more stress being around people and for IEE it just kind of rolls off smooth in easy relations with others and again, less task/tactical energy being spent.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

*Feathers is not responsible for the collateral damage dealt to any previously known models, property damage and/or any existential crisis caused. Approach with caution.* @vesstheastralsilky

First of all, vess, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to look through this mess of a thread. As for the questions, weeeell-- The thing with me and engaging is that we don't get along that well. I am rarely the one who hardcore-engages people. I am shy and feel nervous around new people, but I feel like I can be myself comfortably around them quickly. Besides standard social etiquette (which I am sometimes a bit oblivious to, but I swear it doesn't happen that often) I don't think I try too hard when it comes to interacting with people and during activities with them. I just speak my mind. Some of them find it funny, some of them find it weird, some of them don't agree with me and so on. I love showering people with compliments though , I just love bringing people's awesomeness, talents and so much more into the limelight. I can figure it does get a bit annoying at times, not to say how much I spam my friends with wholesome memes.

I don't actively try to flatter people. When I do it, it's sort of like a meta-joke. For example, those times when I'd go up to someone if I needed their help with something or wanted something from them, and I'd try to be as obnoxious and obvious as possible by saying "Have I ever told you how much I love you?/You look S T U N N I N G today", etc. Most of the times, they know it's a joke...I hope. I make it as obvious as possible so that they won't think I'm a genuine ass-kisser. So far so good.

The activity bit is tricky, because I don't feel like I have the drive and bossy-energy enough to include or initiate projects with others. Any group bigger than 3-4 people (me included) just fries me from the inside out. It does feel like I'm as smooth as sandpaper when it comes to social situations sometimes, but maybe that's my low self esteem speaking. And the anxiety, and the itchy, sweaty neck.

But yes, I'm nervous. Nervous but always myself, 98% of the time, unless the situation desperately calls for something else. I don't go out of my way to make an impression too often at all.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Feathers, see now this is interesting. I still see dominant Ne for you and you are still young yet. You had mentioned some seclusion before and that can certainly impact self-awareness wrt correct typing. Your response above seems somewhat IEE because of yourtendencyto point out and praise talents. IEEs are good at this.

There is another theorist out there of the MBTI functional analysis kind who claims that one hangs on hard to their dominant function, but how much they are expressing their creative ("secondary") function represents the overall happiness and wellbeing and psychological healthiness of the individual. She made it possible in theory to switch secondary functions in other words sometimes you could be using Ti and others more Fi in support of Ne. It is a slightly different approach and look at the theories. Her book was kind of hard to read though despite repeated readings. I'm not sure how well that psychologist really understood the archetypes. Seemingly beginner to intermediate.

I still equate you with someone I knew who had conflicts with my LSE supervisor father. The young fellow immediately began pointing out all kinds of problem areas in the old man's dysfunctional life and my Dad blew a gasket. I can't consider him to be an IEI Conflictor though because my Mom and some past friends have been, and his feeling nature was nothing like their Ni Fe. And relations can go sour without being Conflictors per se. Yet you see the boggle - activity or even duality with this LSE is not possible because their would've been more sympathy emerging naturally between the two - not a falling out that lead to no contact possible. Since the precipitating factor was pointing out weakness in a possible Benefactor, that would've made this fellow my dual as ILE-Ne - which totally makes sense in the puzzle - and you remind me a LOT of him. Strikingly so. As well as someone else I'm friends with who I had actually typed ILE-Ne already and definitely Conflicts with my younger ESI sister who used to work with him and is afraid of him. I remember her warning me to stay away from him years ago when she found out he and I got jobs together, and I thought she was an idiot 'cause I completely loved the guy. This was way before I learned of Socionics. He and I are still peaceably in touch 23 years later. I am going through all these details to give an idea of a tiny part of the thinking involved when I type someone before I give an answer. I am not even getting into the psychological factors, letting you speak for yourself and for such things to be more self-evident. If you want an example of a clear cut ESI, I know the the newer poster here p in a sarcaphagus is for sure. Her self descriptions (which I dare not give my opinion on) sound just like my ESI sister who incidentally is a very abusive person in real life. You can read her post and see if you get Conflictor (you as ILE) or Supervisory (you as IEE) vibes from her/him. Or even Benefit relations if you want to try on IEI just to rule it out. I am thinking IEI profiles, as with many others, are often too ambiguous so as many people can overidentify with them even if it is not their type.

Your intellect is very exciting to me. The more you write the more I am entertained. This is how I felt with, as I said, a few past ILE-Nes (and not the -Tis nor LIIs nor ILIs ) I have known and cared about a lot. LOT.

In contrast I know a couple IEEs but they are less freedomloving than the ILEs and more conservative in their relations and self expression, often commenting about their opinions on others behavior.

You don't seem EII to me compared to others I've typed as such. Nor EIE. Keep in mind I have given type tests to most people I know well over the years and tweak results where necessary to keep away blatant type contradictions. Some Ss testing as Ns and the like. Some spot-on.

Have you ever taken a logic aptitude test? Not all ILEs have developed their science and math abilities. Especially if they are the types like you who can struggle with finding motivation.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI's get face to face with them. Their faces starts to look totally utterly confused and their brain cells start fry away causing early Alzheimer's as you continue but only if you are ILE. I really doubt this will ever happen with Feathers. Feathers will tell ESI to get an imaginary friend and put it into imaginary leash and feed him imaginary porridge. Trembling ESI will look Feathers out of fear and this supervision starts to take a place every time he meets that particular ESI.

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Feathers will tell ESI to get an imaginary friend and put it into imaginary leash and feed him imaginary porridge.

LMAO, spot on.

@vessthestralsilky that's really sweet, you and the ILE who kept in touch for so long. Twenty-three years is a whole lot and admirable. This person I considered a very good friend of mine said farewell after one year and a half.
    I don't think I've ever taken a logic test? I took a few online IQ tests and I'm a bit ashamed to say that even those, otherwise known to inflate someone's IQ, don't spew out scores higher than average (100-110 at most). They make me feel really retarded and fry my brain during the harder parts of the test.
    I don't think IQ is worth anything, structurally. Sure, blah-blah, pattern-recognition-- But since I'm on the losing side here, people might just say I'm biased and nothing more than Mr. Fox trying to boycott the (sour) grapes industry.

I'm aware that not all ILEs are Einstein clones. But they always seem to excel in faculties of the logical under one form or another, whereas I really think am but a speck of dust when compared to them. A speck of dust that's considerably less masculine and flighty than it's fellow dust specks.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Feathers, if you read the modified Gulenko IEI profile at Socionics.com, can you wholly relate to it? In my collected data would actually indicate that being IEE (& his IEE is actually IEI). He got his quadras and I/Es flipped compared to other typists. I start with functional analysis through model A. IEE gives you demonstrative Fe that sometimes up on in your thread.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    @Feathers, if you read the modified Gulenko IEI profile at Socionics.com, can you wholly relate to it? In my collected data would actually indicate that being IEE (& his IEE is actually IEI). He got his quadras and I/Es flipped compared to other typists. I start with functional analysis through model A. IEE gives you demonstrative Fe that sometimes up on in your thread.
    Gulenko has several profiles. His latest are model G. I don't how how old his profiles are that are featured here but those are nonetheless quite dated. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...VICTOR-GULENKO

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Out of all the Big G Himself's profiles I remember the IEI's as the most relatable one. Can't really highlight each individual part now as I must rush to the airport but I can, whenever I'll find the time, if needed to.

Link: https://youtu.be/j1tD5ORfiNI
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Troll Nr 007, Wow that chart really shows me how mixed up Gulenko's understanding is compared to mine. I can agree with many but not all of his delineations except he has split some into two, can't distinguish Se from Si (both his descriptions are in fact Si) for example, and has just about all his labels wrong.

I liked the socionics website link @thehotelambush recently cited as a reference. Now, where is that ... The data in there started from pure definitions and then expanded with logic, not collecting datasets and pinning the wrong labels on the functions like Gulenko has done. Just because someone is very diligent doesn't necessarily mean their work should be taken as truth. *sigh* how frustrating. This kind of thing only continues to befuddle typeseekers. Though I suppose a theory may require much work and refining from many until it is perfected.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    Out of all the Big G Himself's profiles I remember the IEI's as the most relatable one. Can't really highlight each individual part now as I must rush to the airport but I can, whenever I'll find the time, if needed to.

Link: https://youtu.be/j1tD5ORfiNI
    My research involved esoteric meditations on each astrology sign and countless hours doing energy work with people daily for years and recording my own data. Anyone interested can read my threads on archetypes, functional definitions, and the eastern correspondences too.

Again, Gulenko's IEI is really ENFP. It is Me - extroverted Pisces energy he is describing. Extroverted because external and Pisces is above the horizon as are alle traversed signs. The Fi is Leo ruled by the sun which makes one very charming when combined with the Pisces influence (versus Sagittarius which is sporty out of bounds Se).

I do not endorse Model G.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well those bullet points points are abstracted and seemingly way too concrete. And it should be looked outside of oneself. It kind of requires to see Gulenko's typing and their own interviews until points can be connected. It makes sense in the end. Words do not transfer information well which is also huge pitfall in all socionics profiles. At least I need to see it first. In essence it means that one has to find mr Gulenko's mode of thinking.

IEI and IEE can be very similar on paper and sometimes IRL just inside out. They are both people who like to paint things in positive light making it look like wonky representation but also comforting. Which tends to get on my nerves.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I've had moments where I doubted my type, but they do not last long. My hypothesis is that the difference between IEEs and ILEs is IEEs will look into what the public consensus is in depth as a result of not fully trusting their own reasoning."

Painfuly accurate. I don't get too involved in raw typology discussions because I don't consider myself competent enough to draw (any) conclussions. But hey, I have recently called Sol out on not being a LSE so I'm getting there... Baby steps!

I'm not a fan of Model G myself
    It's a tangled ball of pseudo-scientific yarn that's making socionics more diluted and complicated-- If such a thing is even possible.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Troll Nr 007, Wow that chart really shows me how mixed up Gulenko's understanding is compared to mine. I can agree with many but not all of his delineations except he has split some into two, can't distinguish Se from Si (both his descriptions are in fact Si) for example, and has just about all his labels wrong.
    Also those functions are not same in IEE and ILE. ILE has Ne+ and IEE Ne- etc and they are somewhat opposed to each other. Same goes with Si+ and Si-.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also those functions are not same in IEE and ILE. ILE has Ne+ and IEE Ne- etc and they are somewhat opposed to each other. Same goes with Si+ and Si-.
    This reminds me of the epicycle theory in astronomy until orbits were correctly defined. Sometimes too much messiness in theory is invoked to obscure wrong initial assumptions in effort to logically connect everything somehow.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This reminds me of the epicycle theory in astronomy until orbits were correctly defined. Sometimes too much messiness in theory is invoked to obscure wrong initial assumptions in effort to logically connect everything somehow.
    It just means that while for example Ni is time beyond the present it can be split to past and future. This means harboring in the past abstracted time events [richer imagination] or looking for/anticipating positive abstracted outlook for the future. You can not do both once but you can still manage both if you are good at Ni but you still do one much frequently than the other.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just means that while for example Ni is time beyond the present it can be split to past and future. This means harboring in the past abstracted time events [richer imagination] or looking for/anticipating positive abstracted outlook for the future. You can not do both once but you can still manage both if you are good at Ni but you still do one much frequently than the other.
    My own personal research as of about 2012 determined Ne to be future-oriented and Ni to be a monk-like contemplative state good at rationally splitting hairs and observing both literal and figurative.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My own personal research as of about 2012 determined Ne to be future-oriented and Ni to be a monk-like contemplative state good at rationally splitting hairs and observing both literal and figurative.
    Critic vs lyricist ... just saying. Hair splitting would be Ti. And the hair splitting is very apparent in ILI. Maybe seemingly IEI until you know what they do with their interest which is just wanting to push capable soldier into a battle hoping for the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6XFyqYq350 <<- like this
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Plumes What's good, boyo? I'm here by request. Forgive me if I haven't read all two million of the posts in this thread, lad, wew. Quite the thread You've got goin here.

@Oppai Anschluss told me You said that D-IEI nails me, and I was impressed You saw past the ostensible - D-IEI-Fe more or less appears EIE at a glance; here to return the favor, tho I'm far more limited in my exposure to You, so bear in mind this is an initial observation. So, I watched Your vid in full, read a bunch of Your posts (mostly on the first page lol), and I present my own view (not sure if this specifically has been suggested) - C-IEI-Fe (Fe vs Ni vs Base type is not certain tho).

From Gulenko's C-IEI DCNH:

"Emotional, charming, sociable. Gets in contact with people in an easy and laid-back way, although it is difficult for him to remain constantly in an emotionally elevated state. Attracts people with his spontaneity, sincerity and cordiality. Shares his experiences in a figurative way and with subtle humor. Able to cheer others up, to make them laugh with unusual tricks or phrases.

Routine and monotony are very poorly tolerated. Does not like stereotypes nor strict rules. Cannot live without inspiration, can’t stand regulations and instructions. Inclined to improvisation. Knows how to choose the right moment to suddenly attract attention. Gives compliments very willingly, especially to those he considers as authority. This person crafts and presents his requests in such a shape that it is very hard for others to say no."

This is absolutely how You came off to me in the video, Your demeanour, Your answers, etc. You're a witty lad, but I'm not convinced that necessarily means Ne. I agree in full with other's saying You're Program N. People were typing the far calmer, far gentler, far more obviously Fi signaling ToTheMoon IEE, yet type You--the clearly more dynamic, cheeky, and piss taking--EII (again, I haven't read every page of the thread). Shit like this is why I treat VI as ancillary and not as a primary basis of typing, but I'm also not savvy enough with it to rightly criticize tbf. I think the next most probable typing is IEE-Fi and I'd put EII-Ne and Sol's suggestion of ILE distantly behind those. Aversion to ritual/routine/protocol, need for motivation, general optimism toward future achievement yet languid underachievement in the daily activity, charming warmth, etc are all present. Both IEI and IEE have 3/4D N and F, but IEI has weaker Te and Se, making a need for motivation and momentum all the more prevalent.

As a trivial aside, hypochondria alarmism can be typical of Si Super Ego. Conjectural, but Oppai told me You remind him of a younger, slightly more anxious me. I'm more intense than You (I'm a Dominant in DCNH tho, and an Sx/So Counterphobic), but our self-aware piss takey humour and rambling is comparable. I agree You look like the IEI model in VI You referenced. I'm also TR in Model G (IEI), and I'm an actual Beta NF, so this idea Gulenko's IEI is an IEE isn't something to take as gospel. You're also a young lad; when I was young (raised in a Gamma-transitioning-into-Delta society) my only clear Beta Quadral values were loyalty and an expectation that people conduct themselves honourably, more or less. I also went through phases of aversion to the "church", and a number of things, and generally didn't stand out or rock the boat as much as I'd come to, once I grew intellectually. Wasn't until my early-mid 20s that I really had a clear perception of myself, of which psychology and typology assisted in no small measure. If I understood You correctly in the aside You made about Gaimann's literature--that You intend to become an author as well--right on, lad. I'll also be an author, when prudence and inspiration converge.

Finally, our mutual friend [taps nose] informed me that Mystical typed You IEI. Myst is arguably the most knowledgeable person I've spoken with on Socionics theory, and her instincts are superb. I've heard Y'all are friends, which came as a welcome surprise. She's a great woman. I trust in her perception more than any random VI attempt.

P.S - That wink You did in the video, and the delivery itself is pretty much a me ripoff
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 01-10-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Luminous Lynx, yes this thread has reached the length of the human intestine by now, I'd imagine
    Which is why I appreciate you taking a look in here, no easy feat really. You didn't miss much by not reading the rest of the pages, I think, so no worries.
    Now, on to that thorough analysis of yours

C-IEI-Fe (Fe vs Ni vs Base type is not certain tho).

From Gulenko's C-IEI DCNH:

"Emotional, charming, sociable. Gets in contact with people in an easy and laid-back way, although it is difficult for him to remain constantly in an emotionally elevated state. Attracts people with his spontaneity, sincerity and cordiality. Shares his experiences in a figurative way and with subtle humor. Able to cheer others up, to make them laugh with unusual tricks or phrases.

Routine and monotony are very poorly tolerated. Does not like stereotypes nor strict rules. Cannot live without inspiration, can’t stand regulations and instructions. Inclined to improvisation. Knows how to choose the right moment to suddenly attract attention. Gives compliments very willingly, especially to those he considers as authority. This person crafts and presents his requests in such a shape that it is very hard for others to say no."
    I've been considering C or H to be my DCNH type for a while now, yes. The description is good but-- No buts, buts come at the end.

This is absolutely how You came off to me in the video, Your demeanour, Your answers, etc. You're a witty lad, but I'm not convinced that necessarily means Ne. I agree in full with other's saying You're Program N. People were typing the far calmer, far gentler, far more obviously Fi signaling ToTheMoon IEE, yet type You--the clearly more dynamic, cheeky, and piss taking--EII (again, I haven't read every page of the thread). Shit like this is why I treat VI as ancillary and not as a primary basis of typing, but I'm also not savvy enough with it to rightly criticize tbf. I think the next most probable typing is IEE-Fi and I'd put EII-Ne and Sol's suggestion of ILE distantly behind those. Aversion to ritual/routine/protocol, need for motivation, general optimism toward future achievement yet languid underachievement in the daily activity, charming warmth, etc are all present. Both IEI and IEE have 3/4D N and F, but IEI has weaker Te and Se, making a need for motivation and momentum all the more prevalent.
    Now you're just preening my Feathers and making me blush and grin like a schoolgirl. I have never considered myself to be EII, no. I've flirted with the possibility of being one but that was mostly because of how many people were suggesting it as a type for so long. I thought they must be on to something, after all but no matter how hard I try, I just can't see myself as one. More so, I feel like if an LSE were here and now, they'd want to slap me because of how not-so-serious I am about Fi matters they otherwise consider as the crux of their aspiration. I'd be a huge disappointment, poor them. I do feel like a vegetable mostly. Nowadays, it's gotten so bad that I don't have the drive to even write more than 100-200 words if you don't count the forum fuckassery and messages sent to other people. Not sure how much of it is type related or mild depression (hopefully not). I'd say my Ti is below the acceptable norm and I should be publicly executed for it. Although I took a questionnaire in a socionics server once and the admin said my Ti isn't that bad which surprised me!

As a trivial aside, hypochondria alarmism can be typical of Si Super Ego. Conjectural, but Oppai told me You remind him of a younger, slightly more anxious me. I'm more intense than You (I'm a Dominant in DCNH tho, and an Sx/So Counterphobic), but our self-aware piss takey humour and rambling is comparable. I agree You look like the IEI model in VI You referenced. I'm also TR in Model G (IEI), and I'm an actual Beta NF, so this idea Gulenko's IEI is an IEE isn't something to take as gospel. You're also a young lad; when I was young (raised in a Gamma-transitioning-into-Delta society) my only clear Beta Quadral values were loyalty and an expectation that people conduct themselves honourably, more or less. I also went through phases of aversion to the "church", and a number of things, and generally didn't stand out or rock the boat as much as I'd come to, once I grew intellectually. Wasn't until my early-mid 20s that I really had a clear perception of myself, of which psychology and typology assisted in no small measure. If I understood You correctly in the aside You made about Gaimann's literature--that You intend to become an author as well--right on, lad. I'll also be an author, when prudence and inspiration converge.
    "Intense" is the right word to describe you. Much more hardcore than I could ever be, really
    Enneagram and instinctual variant-wise, I have always been confident about being a core 4. Not sure about the wing, though. The stacking shooould be So/Sx I think, but So/Sp would work just as fine, maybe? Haven't looked into it much. Don't know anything about my head type, that's the trickiest to pin down between 6 and 7, but I'm nearly convinced that 1 is my gut-fix. I feel like a paper crane when in environments that ooze Se, really. Your, Sarcophagus and Oppai's chat the other day for example-- That was TOO much for me. Lack of interest in what was being discussed might've contributed as to why I found the convo downright...tasteless, to put it. But yes, I felt like I didn't miss much by going to tutoring in the midst of all that action

Finally, our mutual friend [taps nose] informed me that Mystical typed You IEI. Myst is arguably the most knowledgeable person I've spoken with on Socionics theory, and her instincts are superb. I've heard Y'all are friends, which came as a welcome surprise. She's a great woman. I trust in her perception more than any random VI attempt.
    Mysty is amazing. I love her, as I love many other people on the forum-- A lot of people here are lovable. Myresearch, mrrrmaid, XaiXai (Xaiviay, especially her ), Ave, Adam ("daddy", Dadam), Atari/Cody/the SLI with too many names, hag is a treasure too. The only instances when I felt off in my interactions with mysty are those when I feel like my spotaneity is a bit subjugated. It leaves things flowing not as smoothly and a bit awkward at times. Of course, her demanding nature also gets me a bit isnsivnisnvdnvdilvndlivnjkvkkdkjkj at times, because I can be easily overwhelmed when being requested loots of answers and explanations in a short span of time. Two a day will do, thanks.

I feel like certain SLEs can crush me with the tip of their middle finger. I've had the (unhealthy, I admit) belief that most of the SLEs are usually not worth getting too close to as it will only lead to frustration on my part, and maybe a few internal and external crying fits on my part.
    Your analysis is really good! But I don't know how I /should/ feel about it. I'm a tweeny bit inclined to still consider IEE > IEI but then the part of me that's lacking the actual Te and Se to /make things happen/ would be revolting. So I go towards IEI>IEE but then something /else/ happens. I reconsider my options, eventually contemplating the possibility of being a completely different type (EII), then go back to cycling between the two NF irrationals, like a wibbly wobbly socionics loop.

P.S - That wink You did in the video, and the delivery itself is pretty much a me ripoff
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought IEI at first for Plumes too based on the video, but the Ne is off the chains on here. Very little Ti, unlike what you see in yourself @Luminous Lynx (Please do not consider ILE either Plumes lol). He doesn’t speak like other IEIs. It’s a lot of Ne and Fe which would align with IEE’s functional stack too. How would Plumes be Ne-Ignoring, you know?

Oh and as far as instinct stacking, I think so/sx makes sense too. I couldn’t see him being sx-last all that much.

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I thought IEI at first for Plumes too based on the video, but the Ne is off the chains on here. Very little Ti, unlike what you see in yourself @Luminous Lynx (Please do not consider ILE either Plumes lol). He doesn’t speak like other IEIs. It’s a lot of Ne and Fe which would align with IEE’s functional stack too. How would Plumes be Ne-Ignoring, you know?
    Yup, it's more clear in text, and I hadn't read that much, but it keeps showing itself. I came into this hearing that Myst typed him IEI, and her typing instincts are excellent, so I proposed a theory. There's some similar weaknesses between most NF types, but it's like Fe demonstrative I was seeing in him. I tested Myst's typing by reviewing the DCNH spectrum for IEI. As I said, it was an initial observation. IEE seems more and more likely (I only mentioned ILE cause Sol did, and it was a Dom N typing, but it was the one I was least convinced of).

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Oh and as far as instinct stacking, I think so/sx makes sense too. I couldn’t see him being sx-last all that much.

I'm much more subdued in communication than I am in text (hurr durr, might not come as a surprise). The words are much less "flamboyant" I guess, and it takes a bit more effort to pick the right ones and roll with them.
    I still get sweaty whenever I have to make phone calls to institutions and strangers, and I delay it as much as I can, but I think that's a byproduct of social anxiety. I think I can also handle and juggle with Si information and Si-related stuff more than my 1D Si valuing peers seem to. I sleep like a baby, eat regularly, the three meals-a-day deal.

Now that I'm near-settled on a type, I have to get a rubber band and wear it on my wrist. Whenever I'll even come close to musing on the possibility of not being IEE, I'll pull back the rubber band for a painful reminder.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    Yup, it's more clear in text, and I hadn't read that much, but it keeps showing itself. I came into this hearing that Myst typed him IEI, and her typing instincts are excellent, so I proposed a theory. There's some similar weaknesses between most NF types, but it's like Fe demonstrative I was seeing in him. I tested Myst's typing by reviewing the DCNH spectrum for IEI. As I said, it was an initial observation. IEE seems more and more likely
    Yeah it was same for me on initial impression, and with way he is on camera I could see that for him oddly enough because he is introverted for sure, which is why his typing is confusing lol. If I was going by his way of expressing himself on here though it feels more Ne.

(I only mentioned ILE cause Sol did, and it was a Dom N typing, but it was the one I was least convinced of).
    Oh don’t worry I know lol. I just wanted to reinforce it.

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Plumes - I'd recommend investigating H-IEE-Fi. Don't worry, You're still in the cool kid's club

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Plumes - I'd recommend investigating H-IEE-Fi. Don't worry, You're still in the cool kid's club
    Got any resources? I'm a little short on them. Last time I looked up DCNH info and types correlation stuff, I nearly ended up on the russian deep web.
    The Fi subtype I'm not so sure about, either.

Feed me some sweet DCNH knowledge-- I'll try googlng too and hope I find something.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

When I suggested @Plumes consider IEI he telepathically bit me, hard. I have typed him Delta ever since.

Plumes is adorable and he can be any type he wants to as far as I am concerned. When he is older his cognition will be more set so this is a good time for him to play around with various concepts. One thing I noticed about him is he knows what behavior he doesn't like and will not tolerate. He is fun and playful but has firm boundaries on how far the joking can go. He doesn't enjoy being around conflict even when the people are not too serious about it. He has a point where it has gone too far for his taste and he will let people know.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    When I suggested @Plumes consider IEI he telepathically bit me, hard. I have typed him Delta ever since.

Plumes is adorable and he can be any type he wants to as far as I am concerned. When he is older his cognition will be more set so this is a good time for him to play around with various concepts. One thing I noticed about him is he knows what behavior he doesn't like and will not tolerate. He is fun and playful but has firm boundaries on how far the joking can go. He doesn't enjoy being around conflict even when the people are not too serious about it. He has a point where it has gone too far for his taste and he will let people know.
    Yesyesyesyes read me like a book aylennn. I knew I missed someone in the post above, the reply to Lynx. It was you! I love you as well, you know

But you're rarely on here nowadays so I forgot about you, for a split second.
    Everything you've said there is true. Witchy Aylen in action. With a little bit of help from me via oversharing.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    Got any resources? I'm a little short on them. Last time I looked up DCNH info and types correlation stuff, I nearly ended up on the russian deep web.
    The Fi subtype I'm not so sure about, either.

Feed me some sweet DCNH knowledge-- I'll try googlng too and hope I find something.
    The fact You've had this thread for a year, and You're still trying out type does speak to Ne ego, generally. I personally find such uncertainty deeply grating, and can quite tirelessly ponder something until it's resolved. I've actually never been in a prolonged position of searching for my typing. @ToTheMoon has a rather self-aware post on this very matter

DCNH - You're likely either C or H. Cs are commonly confused for their mirror type, allegedly.
    IEE - IEE Subtypes - IEE Subtypes Forum Post

You may of course simply be a base IEE, with a DCNH subtype that explains most of these confusions.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The fact You've had this thread for a year, and You're still trying out type does speak to Ne ego, generally. I personally find such uncertainty deeply grating, and can quite tirelessly ponder something until it's resolved. I've actually never been in a prolonged position of searching for my typing. @ToTheMoon has a rather self-aware post on this very matter

DCNH - You're likely either C or H. Cs are commonly confused for their mirror type, allegedly.
    IEE - IEE Subtypes - IEE Subtypes Forum Post

You may of course simply be a base IEE, with a DCNH subtype that explains most of these confusions.
    That post is adorable lmao. And true.
    Thanks for the links!
    And of course, at long last, it's over. I'll take over the case from here.

I want to thank EVERYONE who helped me throughout my type struggles and the people who could stand my antics, really. I was starting to feel like a giant bother.

Special thanks to you, @Aylen, @Uncle Ave, @Xaiviay, @myresearch, as you guys took the brunt of my indecisiveness.

And of course, thanks, again, to you Lynx for not revoking my membership in the cool kids club. I'll put it to good use.

Goodnight everyone! Lights off.
    Clarice Lispector

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast