Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    I don't think I ever have : (
    The problem with ITRs is that you can fall out with favourable relationships too, as they are not a guaranteed bliss ticket. But the most problems I have encountered have been with Se base and Se creative (a little bit less) men. The women are okay even lovely sometimes but the men make me nauseous and uncomfortable; Feels as if i'm talking to a walking can of steroids who also became a frat bro ugh.

Wish i was a type meme like you, troll <\3
    Yeah I guess if you've never experienced duality, that won't help tell your type much...And it is true that you don't always get along great with your dual.
    Well funny enough, I have the same experience with Se-leads--the women I often get along with, but the men make me feel as just as you described.
    But you said up above that you like getting an kick in the rear So this is confusing, lol.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kick in the rear, not the face. Because that's how they make me feel. I guess IEs can be used in non-constructive ways as well. And Betas have the world out on them, with every craven outlaw being a Beta or no type at all. ****** is said to have been EIE so go figure.

Anyway, yeah i like kicks in the rear as means of motivating me sometimes. Getting kicked just for the hell of it or getting thrown around like a pinball is not nice, exhausting and brutal to me.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kick in the rear, not the face. Because that's how they make me feel. I guess IEs can be used in non-constructive ways as well. And Betas have the world out on them, with every craven outlaw being a Beta or no type at all. ****** is said to have been EIE so go figure.

Anyway, yeah i like kicks in the rear as means of motivating me sometimes. Getting kicked just for the hell of it or getting thrown around like a pinball is not nice, exhausting and brutal to me.
    Lol at ****** being EIE poor, misunderstood Betas

But actually, most IEIs probably feel the same way as you do about getting a kick in the 'face', as opposed to the 'rear', and getting kicked around just for the hell of it, eek Maybe @BandD and @Hermit Soul can share their thoughts on this?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

YES summon the BandD. God of all things IEI, I bow to thee. May your whipcracks resonate throughout the BDSM dungeons we hold dear.

I'll come back in the morning to see what happened to my baby thread. Oh also, I'm skeptical about typing the artist by the art they make since it's not an extension of the artist itself ALL the time. Buuut i could provide a few samples of my writing? Maybe it'd help. (Totally not shameless advertising by the way)

Thanks for your dedication @Xaiviay. If I were rich, Ameican and not a vampire then I'd reward you for this but alas my options of thanking you are limited
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

YES summon the BandD. God of all things IEI, I bow to thee. May your whipcracks resonate throughout the BDSM dungeons we hold dear.

I'll come back in the morning to see what happened to my baby thread. Oh also, I'm skeptical about typing the artist by the art they make since it's not an extension of the artist itself ALL the time. Buuut i could provide a few samples of my writing? Maybe it'd help. (Totally not shameless advertising by the way)

Thanks for your dedication @Xaiviay. If I were rich, Ameican and not a vampire then I'd reward you for this but alas my options of thanking you are limited
    You're not a vampire? Awwww, I was hoping for a nice collection of blood and a lovely coffin to sleep in *pouts*

(You're welcome Feathers, I always appreciate your sense of humour )

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, in gulenkonian socionics EIE's are the ones with fury and dramatic dark twisted emotions. IEI's are the ones with chill emotions with huge admiration of implementation energy.

It could manifest like that: when taken to extreme - ****** and Nietzsche both had it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Well, in gulenkonian socionics EIE's are the ones with fury and dramatic dark twisted emotions. IEI's are the ones with chill emotions with huge admiration of implementation energy.

It could manifest like that: when taken to extreme - ****** and Nietzsche both had it.
    Ahh, so it's the EIEs that go postal, while the IEIs just sit back and admire others' power? lol xD

But yes in fairness to Betas, that's only in extreme cases.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think I ever have : (
    The problem with ITRs is that you can fall out with favourable relationships too, as they are not a guaranteed bliss ticket. But the most problems I have encountered have been with Se base and Se creative (a little bit less) men. The women are okay even lovely sometimes but the men make me nauseous and uncomfortable; Feels as if i'm talking to a walking can of steroids who also became a frat bro ugh.

Wish i was a type meme like you, troll <\3
    ITRs only affect close relationships. I also don't think that doms systematically come off as "walking can of steroids" they can be pretty diverse people, like any type group. I've also had problems with doms, not all of them but often enough that I don't think I could be their dual. SLEs have questionable ethics in business and SEEs seem fickle and unstable in relationships, I need someone I can count on to watch my back. I don't think either type is up to the charge. I personally prefer rational types as they have a better moral compass built-in, too. Irrationals are naturally stronger when it comes to adapting to reality but I personally see the moral compass thing as more important.

Not sure why I'm saying this as this is about your type; maybe I'm trying to say that my experience with doms might seem similar to yours, but idk if it is. Not sure if the people you mention here are even egos at all; sounds like they are just frat bros you type as ego lol. I know you were joking but I'm wondering what experience you have, if any, with SLEs at a close distance? I've had mixed experiences with SEE at a close distance for example, and in my experience with an SLE friend in hs things went wrong at some point. It's not just my liking or not liking them based on stereotypes, I don't feel my relations with them are ideal. What's your experience?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    ITRs only affect close relationships. I also don't think that doms systematically come off as "walking can of steroids" they can be pretty diverse people, like any type group. I've also had problems with doms, not all of them but often enough that I don't think I could be their dual. SLEs have questionable ethics in business and SEEs seem fickle and unstable in relationships, I need someone I can count on to watch my back. I don't think either type is up to the charge. I personally prefer rational types as they have a better moral compass built-in, too. Irrationals are naturally stronger when it comes to adapting to reality but I personally see the moral compass thing as more important.

Not sure why I'm saying this as this is about your type; maybe I'm trying to say that my experience with doms might seem similar to yours, but idk if it is. Not sure if the people you mention here are even egos at all; sounds like they are just frat bros you type as ego lol. I know you were joking but I'm wondering what experience you have, if any, with SLEs at a close distance? I've had mixed experiences with SEE at a close distance for example, and in my experience with an SLE friend in hs things went wrong at some point. It's not just my liking or not liking them based on stereotypes, I don't feel my relations with them are ideal. What's your experience?
    Could be that I'm mistaking every meathead for Se egos sure. I nearly have no experience with it beyond the internet- All the people that I'm hanging out with are people that I've known for quite a while, and I have a problem with typing family and/or friends and people that I've known for, I just can't do it. So this isn't helping too much, I know. Maybe I'm just mistaking general roughness/raunchiness for strong Se?

As it has been asked by Troll before, I'm going to get on with the "positive dreamer!!!!" things: I'm not. I have a limited supply of optimism and it only runs so deep before the walls of my fantasies are brought down by a huge sledgehammer with "REALITY" and "INSECURITY" written all over it. I've known this IEI guy on discord, which used to type me as IEI saying that he "knows one of his kind when he sees one". Even then, he was a bit puzzled by me because he claimed I have pretty nice Ne, but went with the IEI typing regardless.
    Anyway, I could never feel "close" to him. We were both "unrealistic dreamer turds" like mrrrmaid's thingy says, but it felt like we were that for different reasons. I was somewhat more deadpan in my delivery of online humour and he had a slightly airier (?) aura which I attributed to Te PoLR. Entropic (if anyone here knows them) also said I don't seem like any Te PoLR type he's ever seen before.

I think my upbringing was more or less influenced by my environment in a way that makes it too apparent. If I had 5 euros for every dick joke made by classmates all throughout grades 5 to 12 i'd be living the Hugh Hefner life by now.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As it has been asked by Troll before, I'm going to get on with the "positive dreamer!!!!" things: I'm not. I have a limited supply of optimism and it only runs so deep before the walls of my fantasies are brought down by a huge sledgehammer with "REALITY" and "INSECURITY" written all over it. I've known this IEI guy on discord, which used to type me as IEI saying that he "knows one of his kind when he sees one". Even then, he was a bit puzzled by me because he claimed I have pretty nice Ne, but went with the IEI typing regardless.
    Anyway, I could never feel "close" to him. We were both "unrealistic dreamer turds" like mrrrmaid's thingy says, but it felt like we were that for different reasons. I was somewhat more deadpan in my delivery of online humour and he had a slightly airier (?) aura which I attributed to Te PoLR. Entropic (if anyone here knows them) also said I don't seem like any Te PoLR type he's ever seen before.
    "Unrealistic dreamer turd" was actually something @hag2 used to specifically describe IEIs that I stole because it fits me well even if I'm not IEI. I'm interested in what you said about being an UDT (trademark) in different ways and for different reasons. Like I'm usually "positive dreamer!!!!" and don't see any reason why my fantasies can't become realities (even with people telling me "no" irl). They're usually more like trial runs for things I'm planning on doing anyway so all positive, quite realistic and not all airy. I'm interested in hearing what sort of UDT you are and maybe that could give an indication to what breed of NF?

Also might be interesting to look at Sol's videos in his IR test because I found that all the Se egos I hated (much in the same way you are describing them) were gamma so actually I don't hate Se I just hate SEEs. SLEs I actually like. Normally I wouldn't give advice since I'm also on my typing journey but you seem to have similar experiences & opinions to me so maybe this can help
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    "Unrealistic dreamer turd" was actually something @hag2 used to specifically describe IEIs that I stole because it fits me well even if I'm not IEI. I'm interested in what you said about being an UDT (trademark) in different ways and for different reasons. Like I'm usually "positive dreamer!!!!" and don't see any reason why my fantasies can't become realities (even with people telling me "no" irl). They're usually more like trial runs for things I'm planning on doing anyway so all positive, quite realistic and not all airy. I'm interested in hearing what sort of UDT you are and maybe that could give an indication to what breed of NF?

Also might be interesting to look at Sol's videos in his IR test because I found that all the Se egos I hated (much in the same way you are describing them) were gamma so actually I don't hate Se I just hate SEEs. SLEs I actually like. Normally I wouldn't give advice since I'm also on my typing journey but you seem to have similar experiences & opinions to me so maybe this can help

I'll give Sol's videos more consideration then.
    As for what breed of turd I am, well. I used the term "disillusioned idealist" in my QA (i think? short-term memory oops) and that term describes me better than anything else. I also shift from periods of "I'm going to win a BAFTA or a Locus award" to times when I'm thinking "I'll end up under a bridge selling homemade prints in order to buy cocaine because that will be the only thing giving me a semblance of happiness". To the point where I don't know if I'm a positive turd or just a turd. I roll with this kinda-rosy-but-not-too-rosy vision of a life then have it all crumble whenever something goes wrong/not according to my view of how things should go for me. This, along with the beautiful hormones that wanted/still kinda want to kill me from within as a teenager turned me into a guy with a whiny streak sometimes.

I heard this settle after/once you're 20 years old. If that's so, then I can't wait to be 20 and finally do crap instead of dreaming about doing stuff.
    I am a pessimistic dreamer vegetable.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I heard this settle after/once you're 20 years old. If that's so, then I can't wait to be 20 and finally do crap instead of dreaming about doing stuff.
    I am a pessimistic dreamer vegetable.
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
    lol

It's probably more to do with filling your life up with stuff makes you too busy to dream / you get to actually do the stuff you're dreaming about once you're older I guess. High school was definitely the time when I was least 'present' in my life because who wants to be present for that. So you'll be a dreamer turd for life but in a way that enhances your life rather than serves as an escape from it, probably (hopefully).

anyway, going to positive and negative extremes like you is definitely not my style of dreamer turd (maybe I'm a realistic dreamer turd, instead? I tend to research & fact check my fantasies, which is why I'm confident & positive about them) so maybe someone with better socionics knowledge can explain that cognitive difference and help point you in the right direction ^_^
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

being a dreamer in terms of "highschool" dreams like changing the world is something that sticks with beta (vicitm/aggressor ethical intuitions) things like the violent global revolution

being a dreamer in terms of elementary school science fair is more alpha (childlike logical intuitions)

being a dreamer in terms of life being an episode of care bears is more delta (childlike ethical intuitions)--> benajamin button style return to kindergarden

these are things that stick with people as a matter of personality in some way throughout their life despite their actual age or life stage

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that so far I will restrict my options to NF irrational. There are a few things about a Ne-ego IJ that I relate to, but what I don't relate to is the rigidness of the base function (Fi in this case, Ti is nearly impossible ;P).

While my top contenders are IEI and IEE, I wouldn't say no to other options if there is a good enough reasoning for them.
    ReallyMakesMeThonk
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think that so far I will restrict my options ...

... I don't relate to is the rigidness of the base function (Fi in this case, Ti is nearly impossible ;P).
    This is so painful to read.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    This is so painful to read.
    Mind kissing it better for me, then? :'(
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

>Im going to narrow my options

>> proceeds to engage in a bunch of confusing contradictory bullshit

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Constructive criticism is welcome, rudeness and PA-ness are not. Apologies for mishandling your reply, silke, it was a bit immature of me to respond in such a manner but if you find something "painful", by all means, feel free to also point out why and how it can be fixed. Otherwise, it comes off as "PFFFT, you don't know how to do X? Hah, that's not how you do it. It's so easy though, how could you fail? Of course, I know how to do X, but I'm not in the mood to show you *pushes glasses up the bridge of the nose, anime-style* " something that I don't really appreciate.

You too, Bert. But I won't be as permissive with you. You either cut on that typical belligerence of yours or abstain from replying.
    Also, you calling me out on "Confusing contradictory bullshit" is a bit ironic and hypocritical.

Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feathers, I haven't read the whole thread so maybe this is already discussed but have you looked into the subtypes of IEE and DCHN etc. I have very little experience of Fi subtype of IEE but was wondering if you'd considered it?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    Feathers, I haven't read the whole thread so maybe this is already discussed but have you looked into the subtypes of IEE and DCHN etc. I have very little experience of Fi subtype of IEE but was wondering if you'd considered it?
    I will, now. I'm not a big fan of DCHN, but I think H subtype fits. As for the Fi subtype of IEE, hmmm...Raver (if you know him) said that the Fi subtype is actually more extroverted than the Ne one, due to enhanced Fe along with the probing nature of Fi. I'm far from the stereotype if YourAverageExtrovert- I don't snort cocaine off a park bench with 80 of my friends, for one.

Thanks, guilly. I'll come back later today and highlight parts of the subtype descriptions that fit/don't fit.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earlier today, I went to read IE by positions in types, and I realized that I am ambiguous about some functions (Ns and Fs), with which I could fit two different types almost equaly, yet with the other half of functions (Ts and Ss), I fitted only one type.
    I don't know if this can help you, just throwing an idea like that.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will, now. I'm not a big fan of DCHN, but I think H subtype fits. As for the Fi subtype of IEE, hmmm...Raver (if you know him) said that the Fi subtype is actually more extroverted than the Ne one, due to enhanced Fe along with the probing nature of Fi. I'm far from the stereotype if YourAverageExtrovert- I don't snort cocaine off a park bench with 80 of my friends, for one.

Thanks, guilly. I'll come back later today and highlight parts of the subtype descriptions that fit/don't fit.
    Yeah ok. I see having more Fi as being a bit better at judging quicker and wording quicker rather the Ne is just very loose and hanging out and barely can get the words together in time, more spacey, and you seem more together, clipped in your words, perky, kind of hard to explain, than Ne subtypes do.

otherwise maybe another type. A little you remind me of a ESE-Fe friend, but I haven't spoken to you much.

H type might calm the extroversion a little.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm back in black. I have gone over the subtype descriptions of IEE and IEI (also EII, but honestly, they weren't even relatable, nearly at all. A bit of the EII-Ne here and there resonated with me, but besides that, no). Here's how I'm gonna go about it.
    This is the master post for my subtype relatable-ness an
    d stuff like that.
    Parts of the profile that I fully resonate with will be in bol
    d. Parts of the profile that are not even remotely close and that I don't resonate with will suffer a striketrhough. Parts that are "meh" when it comes to relatable-ness will be in normal font. I'm gonna skip the appearance-related section of each profile for convenience. Let's start with the IEE profiles, will come back to the IEI ones in a later post

Ethical subtype IEE-Fi

The ethical subtype is artistic, impatient, a little extravagant. Unpredictable in his actions and statements. Like to surprise or entertain people around him, and even insignificant events present as big sensations. Frequently becomes the soul of the company: he is self-assured, has a good sense of humor, independent, original, and very impulsive. Characterized by a kind of sincerity and spontaneity similar to a small child who doesn't hide his feelings. Can create familiar, homelike environment for communication even with unfamiliar to him people. Readily gives compliments, voices his admirations of people around him. Optimistic and amiable. Charming and coquettish, but too direct and rash in his statements and actions. This creates an impression of seeming availability or theatricality. At times assertive and pushy, periodically becomes focused. Looks directly at someone, attentively, not blinking. Movements are sharp and decisive. Gait is rapid and directed, assured, although somewhat angular. Often has a somewhat round face. Likes to dress originally, with taste, to impress others and to be liked by them.

Single-minded, purposeful, determined, active and mobile. Clever, inventive, and resourceful in solving any problems. Believes in good luck no matter what happens. With his energy, optimism, and hard work he usually achieves his goals. He is able to overcome great obstacles. it is difficult for him to prepare for something in advance, he prefers impromptu improvisations. Sometimes he does even the incredible at the last moment, when seemingly there were no chances. Does not become lost under any circumstances. Even if he's unsure of himself, demonstrates courage and determination, with which he can psychologically disarm an opponent.

Emotional, sociable, and welcoming. Knows how to find an approach to each person. Seems somewhat affectatious in his behavior. Readily gives compliments to people with a sincere desire to raise their mood and spirits, to do something pleasant for them. Tries to encourage everyone, to instill confidence in success. Charming and diplomatic. Of flaws and shortcomings speaks in a joking manner, so as not to offend. Talks of his own difficulties and troubles with humor, due to which some may come to view him as a carefree, light-minded, unproblematic person. Due to his desire to maintain good relations with everyone can overload himself with unnecessary contacts. Not accepting of conventions and prejudices. Trusting by nature: in a conversation can say too much, considering secrecy a sign of cowardice or insecurity.

Tries to be the center of attention and to be liked by everyone. Likes to win over people, but usually doesn't go beyond this. Inclined to quickly become disappointed in the objects of his sympathy. Very much dependent on his moods, which sometimes affects his close relationships. Impulsive and straightforward, sometimes extravagant and unpredictable in his actions, but always interesting to people around him. Tries to be aware of the various events, so that given an opportunity he can stun others with original new, to tell them something extraordinary, sensational, spectacular. Has well-developed imagination, and in the course of telling a story adds interesting details, in which he himself may come to believe. At times confuses reality and imaginative fiction.

Enthusiastically defends his views and opinions. An opponent of hierarchy and rank subordination. Doesn't become timid before his superiors, boldly defends his point of view and interests. Impressionable and easily takes offense. Can be hot tempered, unrestrained, at times even aggressive. However, easily moves on and forgives. Not envious, sincerely rejoices at the successes of others. Seems organic, natural, free and unconstrained in his behavior. Creates a trusting atmosphere in interaction and knows how to diffuse a tense situation.

Energetic and enterprising in new ventures, although at times he doesn't have enough patience and follow-through. Restless, dislikes performing meticulous detailed work, to take care of documentation. Dislikes strict rules that hinder his independence. Can run late to events. Often doesn't complete his assignment in time, as he gets distracted by extraneous activities and conversations. In interaction, often changes topics of conversation, jumping from one subject to another. Feels upset and discouraged if at this he loses sight of something important.

Due to tendency to scatter his attention, prefers to receive information in a concise, clear, memorable form. He doesn't need lengthy explanations, understands everything from half a word. In important to him matters, he is conscientious, tries to be responsible at his job, works thoroughly and efficiently. Dislikes letting people down and becomes very upset if he fails to fulfill his agreements. Tries to fight irresponsibility in himself and atone for his fault in any way. Values the opinions of people in his circle. Feels offended if there are doubts of his abilities, his logic and business qualities. Self-critical, still the criticism of others wounds him deeply.
    Inclined to risky adventures, that improve his vitality, travels and makes trips with much pleasure. He is often not careful enough and reckless in his actions. Needs care and attention of people around him. Not indifferent to comfort, but is unable to constantly maintain order and organization. From everyday and household problems, as well as from any routine, gets tired easily. Not thrifty and economical, careless, negatively views any manifestations of greed. Likes beautiful things. Looks simple and natural, but if he wishes can dress elegantly and originally. Looks after his figure. A hopeless romantic: inclined to idealize people and relationships. Dreams of harmony and perfection. Feels upset by the inability to find them in real life.

Intuitive subtype IEE-Ne

The intuitive subtype makes an impression of a person somewhat torn away from reality, internally focused, and at the same time scattered. Inclined to unexpected contrasts in behavior: shyness and apathy are suddenly replaced by emotional elation, decisiveness, and activity, the melancholic look on his face changes to inspired and joyful. Thoughtful and impulsive, optimistic and suppressed, timid and energetic, he imparts very varied impressions on others. Internally inconsistent, vulnerable, easily offended, but hides his problems under a mask of being carefree. Tries to be friendly with everyone, strives to understand all people, to favor everyone with his smile. Attentive, soft and tactful, predisposing towards trust. Willingly delves into the problems of others, tries to find a way out of difficult position and to give useful advice. Defends his views emotionally. Can exert psychological pressure on his opposition.

Very perceptive. Has a good sense for hidden motivations of people. Especially acutely sees people's flaws, but tries not to show it to not offend anyone. Before him it is pointless to pretend. He hates falsity and hypocrisy. Forgiving towards various human weaknesses. Friendly and responsive, sympathizes with people, likes giving them advice in difficult life situations. Always see several varied solutions to the problem, and suggest a resolution or exit even in the most hopeless cases. He has the gift of persuasion, uplifts despairing people and inspires them to overcome the difficulties.

Discerning of people's abilities. Gravitates towards talented and extraordinary personalities. Likes new experiences and impressions. Interested in all that is unusual and mysterious. Curious,reads much and reflects. This is a creative personality. Analyzes everything - tries to understand the essence of different phenomena. Feels bored if he doesn't find a use for his abilities: from routine his vitality wanes. Tends to periodically change jobs or his hobbies, to test himself in a new pursuits, until he finds an occupation that he sincerely enjoys. He is constantly experimenting, looking for new directions and approaches in his work. He is very demanding towards himself and towards others in creative sense. Always can find flaws and faults and is therefore never completely happy with what has been done. Becoming inspired by any idea becomes its active supporter. Persistently promotes and develops it, not sparing his time and efforts.

Has a holistic, global approach to solving problems. Difficulties do not frighten him, but in the reverse they attract him. When he starts on one thing, he sees everything that is somehow related to it. Experiences difficulties in connection this, when there is a need to select the main important aspects and push aside all those secondary. Tries to finish the whole load of assignments and chores at once, as a result of which he overworks himself and loses faith in their own strengths. In such cases, needs a long rest and to focus his attention on something else. After this, gets back to work with renewed enthusiasm and completes his assignments. Cannot stand when he is subjected to a strict work schedule or when someone tightly manages his activities. Prefers to have independence that would allow him to live freely, by his own schedule, and to retain his individuality.

Demonstrates follow-through with his projects and interests others with them. His faith in success, even in the most hopeless cases, gets passed on to those around him, while his enthusiasm is able to shake the confidence of even the most hardened skeptics. Passionately defends his beliefs. If he is confident in his correctness, exerts strong emotional pressure on others, disregarding any authorities. Quickly notices weak spots of his opponent and can easily put him into a dead end. But grows tired from discussions quickly. Prefers to communicate with like-minded people, and thus creates a social circle around himself of people who have similar views and are sympathetic towards each other.

Able to see ahead, has a good sense for future development and prospect of affairs and relations. Perceives danger ahead of time, and tries to take measures to eliminate it in advance. Surprises people around him by his gift of prescience, as his predictions often come true. Having many options and choices of solutions, experiences difficulty with taking initiative. Unsure of himself, and especially in his own volitional qualities. Suffers due to his scatteredness and disorganization, and inertia of his character. Doesn't know how to protect his material and financial interests. However, in extreme situations he is decisive, determined, cool-headed and discerning, instantly orients, showing courage and resourcefulness.

Reacts sensitively to rudeness, cruelty, injustice. Can lose his temper and flare up. Doesn't always control himself in his words and actions. Calming down, tries to rectify the situation, especially if he feels himself in the wrong. Otherwise doesn't compromise. Very impressionable and vulnerable. For a long time cannot get out of a stressed state. Even after many years, remembers what he had lived through and experienced down to the minutest details. Being disappointed in a person, forever crosses him out of his life. Not vindictive in little things. Able to forgive a lot to those whom he loves and respects.

Tries to be responsible and keep his obligations, to not let others down. Might not keep his word only due to easily getting distracted. Does not like to make promises if he is not confident that he can fulfill them. Sometimes does more than what is expected of him. Dislikes being in debt, having to ask for help, to impose himself or show vested interests. Strives to keep his appearance, his living space and his workplace in order, but this comes to him only with great effort. Impractical and yielding in everyday household matters, modest and undemanding towards items, but strives to look attractive, sometimes even extravagant. Doesn't know how to take care of himself, but is in big need of both personal and physical comfort. Poorly tolerates overcrowdeding, large crowds of people, as well as absence of aesthetics in any of its manifestations.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Back for round two, this time with the other irrational NF type. Again, the rules are as follows:
    Strikethrough =
    does not resonate to me nearly at all/in the slightet
    This = Strongly resonates with me
    Typical formatting an
    d font = Resonates to me up to a certain extent, i'm feeling neutral about it.

Intuitive subtype IEI-Ni

The intuitive subtype appears as a calm, tactful, languid and diffident individual. He seems torn from reality, inert and poorly adapted to life. However, such impressions are erroneous, for he possesses a fine intuition, which aids his in establishing useful connections and obtaining support from influential people. Externally he seems serene, but in his heart he is sentimentally predisposed, has bouts of moodiness and melancholy, and regrets his mistakes and misfortunes for a long time. His mimicry is somewhat monotonous, often shows an expression of light amazement or full interest in his conversation partner. His gaze is dreamy and pensive, slightly strained, with a bit of luster, often expressing melancholy, attentiveness, or sardonic irony. His speech is measured, smooth, and intimately heart-felt. On his face there is almost constantly a polite half-smile that easily predisposes towards trust..

Soft and considerate person. In his heart he is a dreamer and a romantic. Has figurative, associative memory, and can recall experiences from the past down to the smallest detail. Somewhat unsure in himself, inclined to doubt and hesitate in cases he has to speak or act decisively. He does not like to hurry, can delay carrying out tasks and finding solutions to problems to an indefinite period of time. Reminiscing about the past, he recalls all the mistakes and mishaps, then extracts from them lessons for the future. Thanks to a strong intuition sees short-term prospects of affairs and relations, but because of the tendency to idealize everything may also overestimate them. Under any circumstances does not lose hope that in future everything will turn out for the better than in the present situation.

Usually does not aspire to leadership and finds it difficult and tiring to handle organizational functions. Gravitates more towards intellectual sphere of activity than towards hands-on management and production. Dislikes routine, monotony, stereotypes, conventionality, strict order, having to follow rules and regulations. Likes to talk about various unconventional and mysterious phenomena, seeks new experiences, feels attracted to interesting and unusual people. Willingly accepts and promotes unordinary ideas and innovative approaches, but shows caution in new ventures; in such cases prefers to yield initiative to those who are more assertive and energetic. However, if necessary, exhibits outstanding diplomatic skills, achieving success where others, more straightforward and impatient partners who do not attribute much value to flexibility in relationships, would usually give up. Does not know which of the two disputants he should favor, therefore, will try to reconcile them.

In work can become distracted by irrelevant details, and thus run out of time to accomplish the more important tasks. In his apartment or at his workplace may allow for creative mess and disorganization. Being practical, thrifty, and calculating is not in his nature, due to which he misses some major opportunities. Respects strong, influential people. Needs moral, physical, and material support. Due to absentmindedness sometimes forgets to fulfill his promises, but then does his best to make up and make amends.
    Sensitive and attentive to other people, tries to maintain even relations with everyone. Exhibits tolerance towards the flaws and weaknesses of others. Does not break immediately those relationships that have been exhausted for he grows used to people. Knows how to patiently wait and how to adapt to any circumstances. For the sake of good relations with those close to him, tries to meet their requirements for him, to develop practical skills, to perform at school and work, and to fulfill his family responsibilities.

Ethical subtype IEI-Fe

The ethical subtype makes an impression of a soft, charming and emotional person. Usually looks inspired and optimistic. Possess a fine sense of humor. May talk of his problems and failures with a smile. Ironic, crafty, unpredictable and inconsistent in behavior and conversation. Creates original contrasts, can unexpectedly jab at someone and then just as quickly embrace and kiss his conversation partner. Artistic and charming; unconstrained in conversation, occasionally even with shades of familiarity and impudence. Knows how to bridge the distance. Considerate, tactful, and caring; at times he is simply charming, so great is his talent at positively predisposing others to himself and being liked.Talented at persuasion: states requests in such a manner that it is difficult to refuse them. Speech is full of emotion, rich with shades, sometimes melodious.

Emotional and charming, easily and naturally comes into contact with unfamiliar people, predisposing them towards trust with his warmth and sincerity. Able to cheer others up, make them laugh with his unusual antics and utterances. Well versed in feelings and moods of people, able to establish and maintain useful contacts for reaching his goals and to find best suited candidates for implementation of the conceived. To each person he is able to find an individual approach. Often puts his requests in such a form that it is difficult to turn him down. Independent by nature, impulsive, unpredictable in his actions; given to impromptu acts and improvisations. Unobtrusive with his feelings - if he does not see reciprocity, he will distance. Consults with others before making important decisions, though does not always follow their advice.

Elegant, skillful in becoming liked, readily gives out compliments. Enjoys being at the center of the attention. Figuratively and with a refined sense of humor retells stories of his experiences. Enjoys and knows how to reconcile those who are arguing. Sometimes he is given to irony and ridicule, but says even unpleasant things as if in jest and with a smile.

Very much in need of praise and encouragement. Sensitive of criticism of his work or investing effort that has not been appreciated; this lowers his productivity. While if he is praised in advance, this encourages him to strive to overcome difficulties and aid him in gaining confidence. In his heart he is very vulnerable and acutely aware of his failures. Internally contradictory, prone to abrupt mood swings: from laughter to tears and in reverse. Easy lights up with a new idea, but can quickly lose interest if it requires a lot of patience and effort for realization. Passionately tries to prove his correctness; accepts advice only after he has calmed down, and even then only until the next emotional outburst. Needs support of a strong-willed, capable, energetic person.

Somewhat distrustful and suggestible. Readily shares his problems with others, seeking their sympathy, understanding, and support. Inclined to demonstrate his physical or personal sufferings. Sensing danger, he transmits his apprehensive and restless mood to those around him. Nonchalant and imperturbable, but this is only a tactic that allows him to make a good impression. Sometimes he evokes awe and admiration in others by demonstrating fearlessness in dangerous situations. His composed serene state is transmitted onto others, allowing them to distance from their everyday worries and problems.

Graceful in his movements, shows refinement, good manners, dresses tastefully. Fastidious in his household. Possesses an aesthetic taste, appreciates ornaments and decorations. Enjoys comfort. Cares about his own appearance as well as appearance of others. Wasteful and uneconomical; can purchase needless things; dislikes those who are frugal over minor purchases. Does not attach much value to material things, and thus can be careless with them. Borrowing or lending something, may forget about it for a long time.

Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

has it occurred to you that going by descriptions is the wrong way to approach things

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But actually, most IEIs probably feel the same way as you do about getting a kick in the 'face', as opposed to the 'rear', and getting kicked around just for the hell of it, eek
    Maybe @BandD and @Hermit Soul can share their thoughts on this?

Well... it's true that other people have 'kicked me around' a lot in life. I genetically have a soft baby-ish face that bullies like to instinctively punch. But I don't let those cunts get me down because in truth, I'm actually the bigger cunt. <g>

As for being misunderstood, yes also relate. A little too much. The feelings, they hurt man. But the people that really do matter to me in a Fi-way totally get me so it's alright. (it's important I think for IEIs to realize how special the Fi can be)

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you for real, Feathers. This video made me smile, in a nice way. I've made the following observations from it:
    - Intuitive ego, 100%.
    - Fi-valuing; definitely not Fe-valuing, as demonstrated by your desire to be self-employed and not wanting to waste energy on troublesome people.
    - Oddly, you seem Se-valuing to some extent, but aren't very good at it, in the way you admire Neil Gaimon's advice of "get up and so something" but can't deal with overly-active kids and not even being able to manage a lemonade stand!
    - EII-Fi is a strong possibility. If I were to offer a curve-ball alternative, I'd consider ILI-Ni, but you seem more IJ temperament than IP.

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag 2 View Post
    kill yourself
    No thanks. I like living.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impression from video: IEE

I think you're an extravert. Whether it's conscious or unconscious, I think you have strong Fe as well.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get off this site for three days, and hag 2 is already being a
    well
    hag?
    Not nice.

Thanks for the input, @An
    dyW and @A Moderator!

We're starting to see some common
    delta/Fi valuing ground here. Maaaybe IEE? I'm not entirely sure just yet- I still think that I'm SURELY NOT an extrovert in the typical sense of the word (see above; snorting cocaine off a park bench at 2 AM with 80 of my closest friends, that meme. Yeah, an exaggeration but i think you get the idea). These days, for instance, have been preeeetty demanding from me but i've gone on a "power-saving" move, which includes me being zen 98% of the time and not really communicating with others unless I find myself in an environment where I'm required to do so (school being the prime example). I swear I'm not like this all the time, but these days have been...lazy. I think I'm taking a few "days off" from a fast-paced life (or at least what i consider to be fast-paced; I'm sure some of the true SEEs out there would laugh at my notion of "fast-paced and just take it slow. Not sure how long it will last.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We're starting to see some common delta/Fi valuing ground here. Maaaybe IEE? I'm not entirely sure just yet- I still think that I'm SURELY NOT an extrovert in the typical sense of the word (see above; snorting cocaine off a park bench at 2 AM with 80 of my closest friends, that meme. Yeah, an exaggeration but i think you get the idea). These days, for instance, have been preeeetty demanding from me but i've gone on a "power-saving" move, which includes me being zen 98% of the time and not really communicating with others unless I find myself in an environment where I'm required to do so (school being the prime example). I swear I'm not like this all the time, but these days have been...lazy. I think I'm taking a few "days off" from a fast-paced life (or at least what i consider to be fast-paced; I'm sure some of the true SEEs out there would laugh at my notion of "fast-paced and just take it slow. Not sure how long it will last.
    I still think it's worth bringing up what I said in the chat about extroversion a little while ago (a long while ago? I've been strangely absent from the internet for a while). Levels of introversion / extroversion definitely change a lot over a life time (and I think it was mentioned on one of the Model G videos that some of the most extroverted adults were the most introverted kids and vice versa) and with different situations. Possibly the reason you are drained, if you are anything like me, is that there is no (good) stimulation around you so you need to recover from the dullness, if that makes sense? School is mindnumbing af.

Only way to find out is to consume that Gaiman book, enter a period of hyper stimulation and activity and see if you suddenly get a mood boost and need less recovery time
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI, and INFP in MBTI, so maybe EII-Ne too, if you believe MBTI INFP = EII. You seem like more of an introvert, and a very strong one at that, so I don't think you're IEE.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please remember I am taking a wild guess xD

IEI-Ni 4w3 sx/sp 479 archetype

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not IJ temperament, not EII. Both creative and inert subtypes of IJ temperemant are more restrained and inert than your VI. I am not sure about your type though.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@LeaderLightChange and @Blue; IEI has been one of the top contenders for my type, and for the longest time I have typed as such, despite swaying between many other types in the process. There are, however, a couple of reasons that make me doubt IEI as the One And Only (TM) sociotype: According too much importance to Si-related info and stuff, the overly-systematic and cerebral nature of Ti HA (that i don't associate it; See, for example, Singu's posts), the vagueness of what it means to be a Ni-lead in the first place. I could get behind everything else, but not these. :/
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion is currently EII.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think that you are probably IEE or IEI, IEE is slightly more possible than IEI. I also thought some other types are possible. Ne leads don't seem extravert as much as other extraverts, maybe because of low Se. My IEE friend used to think that she was introvert. I have questions that may make things more apparent, if you want to try.

Do you believe in free will or fate/determinism(this has nothing to do with your religious belief)? Why or why not?
    Do you naturally see things that resembles other unrelated things, if so could you give an example?
    Do you rather explain things in terms of analogies or imagery metaphors?(analogy example: similarities between bicycle race and success in life, metaphor example: describing passing through life events as passing through waves) Could you give an example of you doing both?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Do you believe in free will or fate/determinism(this has nothing to do with your religious belief)? Why or why not?
    I think people have control over a LOT of things in their life. It's not an impossibility to surpass your unfortunate condition and become Hot Stuff (TM). What pisses me off, though, are the vanilla celebrities giving cliche "Started from the bottom now we're here, through hard work and blah blah" speeches, when they actually didn't do shit. Or if they did, luck and Fate played a huge part in their success. I do believe Fate loves to fuck with us, and that it's unfair to have so little to say about aspects of your life that determine your rate of success. Without a doubt, someone born in Germany, the States, Austria, UK will have an easier time achieving certain goals than someone born in Uganda.
    I may be biased, sure, being someone who was born and currently lives in a crumbling post-communist second-world country filled to the brim with degeneracy and political turmoil, in a colorless industrial town. I am more or less trying my best to GTFO, but...why do I need to? It's not fair thinking that some people don't need to work their bottoms off because they were lucky enough to be brought up near the mountaintop by favourable circumstances while others have to start from the very bottom indeed (Screw you, Drake).
    So yes, I believe in fate. Fate sits down at a table playing a dice game of her own design while we try our hardest to make sense of what is happening around us, unaware of how little control we actually have over life.

Do you naturally see things that resembles other unrelated things, if so could you give an example?
    Oh Gods, yes. Although I wouldn't say it's completely unrelated-- It does make sense, in my brain. The most apparent manifestation of this are the numerous song references you'll get on a daily basis if you chat with me (@mrrrmaid is already a victim, but she got used to it). Everything you say can and WILL be used as a media reference at one point, trust me.
    The most recent example would be a discussion I had with a friend last night, on Discord. She was complaining about a douchey guy with practically 0 emotional awareness; She told me that, after doing a certain thing, the guy just said: "Undo this". All I could think of was that Cybermen scene from Doctor Who where they go "DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE" over and over again and I sent her a link to the video for comparison. Why? Because the guy sounded like a robotic dickwad and it just seemed like the right side-to-side comparison for my brain.

Do you rather explain things in terms of analogies or imagery metaphors?(analogy example: similarities between bicycle race and success in life, metaphor example: describing passing through life events as passing through waves) Could you give an example of you doing both?
    Okay, this is a bit more tricky. Here are a few examples of analogies that I can remember:

"Philosophy in itself doesn't interest me. It rarely does. It's nothing more than mental masturbation, imo. But sometimes, it's pretty pleasurable. Just like actual masturbation."
    Friend: "What about actual sex? What would that be then?"
    Me: "Any STEM subject because the humanities aren't actual sciences." (I myself am a humanities student so yeah, love me some self-deprecating humour from time to time)

"Dealing with someone who confessed their romantic feelings to you is like a game of Operation; It might seem easy at first and from a distance, but once you get in the thick of it you have to tread carefully in the fat guy's belly or you'll hear that annoying, embarrassing "BLEEEEEEEEEEP" and it's game over for you. "

I don't think I am actually that consistent when it comes to metaphors.
    Another thing is that I'm not a dream interpretation buff. I love dreams, best thing ever. Hamlet was right, sleeping is much better than living. However, I don't look inside my dreams for meaning, unless they are really obvious and hit close to home. Mostly, they are dreamy-feely fodder for me to bask in whenever I like, and use as writing material if they are good enough (I once had a dream about a Tilda Swinton lookalike living in a Utopia. The town she was living in, full of prolific scientists, was bombed by an enemy nation and she was the sole survivor. She managed to survive by taking shelter under the family's grand piano. The bomb radiation gave her superhuman strength and she set out on a journey to after the sunset, west, carrying supplies and belonging in the grand piano which she used now as a suitcase. Ultimately, she arrives at a lighthouse owned by a pathetic fisherman who could fish up nothing but boots and whose dream was to become an haute couture fashion designer. The lighthouse was inherited from his uncle, an average explorer who never had the luck to actually stumble upon any great discoveries because everything he thought he discovered has already been discovered by someone else, hours ago. The two get to live happily until a bomb destroys the lighthouse and kills the fisherman. Left alone, the woman rebuilds the lighthouse and gives it a purpose: War orphanage. She takes war orphans under her care that she trains to be part of a rebellion which seeks to overthrow the utopian government in the name of peace under the premise "If you want something done, do it yourself". I really liked the dream.)
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also, @myresearch, while the admin of a discord server that I'm on types me as IEE, a moderator types me EIE (although i don't think it's a possibility at all, now, it's been disproved of before). According to him, "IEI is not an impossibility, but basically, ML is constant, 100% Fe". He invoked some of the stuff i've said that day in the server
    "My consortium in suffering"
    "It felt like detox; painful at first but soooo good afterwards"
    "Today, there was a headline on the news about a father shooting his baby and himself in order to get revenge on his divorced wife. My mother said "Come quickly to see this!" and marveled, gasped, sighed and voiced her sorrow at the atrocity before her ("How could someone conceive such a merciless method of revenge? Oh my god...") I stared at the screen, nodded, and went to make some tea. That's all"

This, he says, is "focused attention to both personal emotional state and that of people around him neither SEE nor IEE utilize Fe in this way. Since their Fe is vital track, it tends to be more spontaneous, reflexive, background IEEs tend to be animated and display feeling naturally, but constantly redirect that towards personal meaning or new potential they virtually never dwell on the feeling itself for long.
    (about me) He comes across as a Johnny Depp style 4w3 EIE the "introversion" comes from the Enneagram type's focus on personal image rather than cognitive style the actual passion is expression, however. Energy is almost constantly devoted to how one feels, observing how others feel, and expressing that feeling"

It's an argument against IEE, so yeah, I wanted to put this out here in order to see what you (and others) think of it.
    Clarice Lispector

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast