Thread: Which type...

Default Which type...

doesn't like to think about how other people would feel?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off the top of my head... Ethical PoLR?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an Fe PoLR, I think it depends on how one views feelings, if seen as a fact about a person then it's fine. The problem comes when people cry, my mind wants to "fix the leak" and that's not how it works.
    Of course, some type will be slower at it/need certain conditions to think possible feelings through instead of just understanding it on the spot, yet that is a matter of difficulty more than like/dislike.
    What is difficult can be seen as less liked by an exterior party.
    I think immature people dislike thinking of other's feelings more than a specific type, after all, feelings are just informations about a person.
    Maybe Fi PoLR live it differently.

This question is vague, was it intentional?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday there was some issue at my work, A SLE claimed that I had done some work the wrong way. He got angry and blamed me. An ILI was also present.

Later the SLE came and wanted to settle things, said he didn't mean to blame me, "lets just do it differently next time"

Today the ILI came and said, "oh don't mind the SLE, he is just exaggerating".

In fact, these logical types often worry about feelings

The OP says it: to THINK about how other people FEEL"

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every type.

For example, if you plunged an INFj into a situation with the beta quadra and the INFj started to talk about all of that feeling stuff they would be met with uninterested faces from the ENFj and INFp, while indifference from the ISTj and ESTp.

The INFj would deem that as rude and inconsiderate of their feelings, even from the ethical types.

If the situation was reversed it would also be the same. An ENFj in a group of deltas would make the ENFj feel uncomfortable because the ethical types would judge their expressiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRose View Post
    As an Fe PoLR, I think it depends on how one views feelings, if seen as a fact about a person then it's fine. The problem comes when people cry, my mind wants to "fix the leak" and that's not how it works.
    Of course, some type will be slower at it/need certain conditions to think possible feelings through instead of just understanding it on the spot, yet that is a matter of difficulty more than like/dislike.
    What is difficult can be seen as less liked by an exterior party.
    I think immature people dislike thinking of other's feelings more than a specific type, after all, feelings are just informations about a person.
    Maybe Fi PoLR live it differently.

This question is vague, was it intentional?
    Um, yup, it was intentional : )
    Last edited by popcornflorals; 09-09-2018 at 02:36 PM.