Thread: quasi-id and other odd combinations

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default quasi-id and other odd combinations

I recently realised my ESE friend's husband is actually SEE. I was trying to type him for a while, had only seen him for short periods and was trying to guess from types compatible with her ie alphas and couldn't fit him. Also he is Chinese ethnicity which might influence his physical expressions a little.. I don't know. He hugs me when I see him though I don't know him much and is always talking to me straight away before I have my bearings. I think he's SEE-Fi C 7w6. Another famous couple recently was pointed by SOl to be quasi Ids. My friends are happy as a couple, very social, both are actors and parents and have other jobs too.

I'm curious about other peoples experience with quasi ids in close relationships. I have no personal experience to go on...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm in a working relationship with one. I admire his politics and his inventiveness and I want to strangle him because he's never accountable. Problems are always someone else's fault.
    Other than that, I think he's a great guy. When I don't want to kill him.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quasi is rare in marriages imo. You might want to check their types again.

I was once in some kind of romantic relationship with a quasi and its impossible to really get close and be yourself. Its like you hope now we are finally connecting, but it never happens and you get disappointed. At the end of the day its a waste of time.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I was once in some kind of romantic relationship with a quasi and its impossible to really get close and be yourself. Its like you hope now we are finally connecting, but it never happens and you get disappointed. At the end of the day its a waste of time.
    Yeah, that is my experience as well. It's very hard for me to establish even so much as a bond with female ILEs. But they are nice.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've known quite a few both professionally and socially. Most of them were personable and we often had similar interests; however, we both seemed immediately aware of our differences in priorities and approaches to almost everything. Interaction with them could be rather stimulating but most often felt like mental wrestling matches; thankfully, I've never had to report to one for work so I wonder how they felt with me as a boss.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Quasi is rare in marriages imo. You might want to check their types again.

Yeah that's what I thought. Ok I might post him in the type me section. It's hard without a photo.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can see it being potentially very rewarding and inspiring for both parties although usually for me it is just painful/awkward/embarrassing/unnatural. IEIs tends to unintentionally but very successfully anger EIIs a lot, and EII just tends to drain away all the fun and unique-ness from the IEI. One becomes hot in the bad way, and the other becomes cold in the bad way.

I can see it working if both are dedicated strongly to something they both believe in. External humanitarian concerns that are outside of themselves, that they both can connect on.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I thought his type was E, F and Fi valuing. But now I think he might be EII C e 7 if that is possible. He likes to talk parenting/self development straight off the bat with me but I always find him coming from a slightly different angle to me. He tries to help at home like watching the children or doing chores but seems a bit lost with it as well. That would make their relationship illusiory, so nothing unusual there really.