Thread: :(

Default :(

~
    Last edited by popcornflorals; 09-07-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You did the right thing. Being his anchor would have been even more detrimental to your well-being, and while I understand that parting ways is hard (because regardless of how heinous someone is, a loss is still a loss- I've been through the exact same thing with my last relationship) trust me, you did the right thing. You just have your nose too close to the canvas. Take a few steps back and you'll see the bigger picture, and what a beautiful picture it is.

Type is irrelevant, i think. Because in situations like these, people are just people. People suck, people are lovely, people are parasites and people make our world. Family is a tricky subject so I won't say anything about that. There's also a disconnect between me and my family, and I never really knew what caused it because my mother was/is very nice. Father, not as much (see a pattern here? shitty dads).

do you have any hobbies that you could turn to? any other friends or just a shoulder willing to listen to you?
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gosh popcornflorals, that really is rough I agree with everything Feathers said, you did the right thing. You deserve your own gratitude for putting an end to this situation.

I understand that this is very discouraging at the moment :/ But you will find better friendships and relationships down the road! You've gained experience right now in protecting yourself, so you will be better able to prevent this from happening again. And you will be able to leave more room open for only those people that will treat you right. People come and go, some of them are bad for you but others will be good to you.

I know what this is like, since I haven't exactly had the best relationship with my family (especially my dad) and I've been used emotionally and physically by guys when in high school (I'm really glad you didn't let him do all of this! I am impressed by you for holding your boundaries!!). Are you a pretty young person? I've found it gets easier to find good friends the older you get. Most people learn the consequences of their behavior and develop better morals over time. Maybe you can feel optimistic about the future.

Turning to any hobbies you have, or to any friends or people who will listen to you, are both really good ideas!! Do you go to church, or have any events you love to attend? Meeting a bunch of kind, loving people right now could be helpful to you. I've found that people from much older generations will often be wonderfully kind to younger people who they see are going through a rough time. Since they've been there before and they often want to help...

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    You did the right thing. Being his anchor would have been even more detrimental to your well-being, and while I understand that parting ways is hard (because regardless of how heinous someone is, a loss is still a loss- I've been through the exact same thing with my last relationship) trust me, you did the right thing. You just have your nose too close to the canvas. Take a few steps back and you'll see the bigger picture, and what a beautiful picture it is.

Type is irrelevant, i think. Because in situations like these, people are just people. People suck, people are lovely, people are parasites and people make our world. Family is a tricky subject so I won't say anything about that. There's also a disconnect between me and my family, and I never really knew what caused it because my mother was/is very nice. Father, not as much (see a pattern here? shitty dads).

do you have any hobbies that you could turn to? any other friends or just a shoulder willing to listen to you?
    Hello Feathers! Thank you for your reply...

I don't really have any hobbies to turn to... Ever since I became depressed (and especially again cos of the guy), I began losing interest in doing anything I used to enjoy doing... I don't have any friends in real life, and do not know of anyone who's willing to listen to me too ><

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Gosh popcornflorals, that really is rough I agree with everything Feathers said, you did the right thing. You deserve your own gratitude for putting an end to this situation.

I understand that this is very discouraging at the moment :/ But you will find better friendships and relationships down the road! You've gained experience right now in protecting yourself, so you will be better able to prevent this from happening again. And you will be able to leave more room open for only those people that will treat you right. People come and go, some of them are bad for you but others will be good to you.

I know what this is like, since I haven't exactly had the best relationship with my family (especially my dad) and I've been used emotionally and physically by guys when in high school (I'm really glad you didn't let him do all of this! I am impressed by you for holding your boundaries!!). Are you a pretty young person? I've found it gets easier to find good friends the older you get. Most people learn the consequences of their behavior and develop better morals over time. Maybe you can feel optimistic about the future.

Turning to any hobbies you have, or to any friends or people who will listen to you, are both really good ideas!! Do you go to church, or have any events you love to attend? Meeting a bunch of kind, loving people right now could be helpful to you. I've found that people from much older generations will often be wonderfully kind to younger people who they see are going through a rough time. Since they've been there before and they often want to help...
    Thank you Xaiviay for your kind words too!

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popcornflorals View Post
    Thank you Xaiviay for your kind words too!
    No problem!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

any suffering is given to help you to make you better and your life happier. use the current problems as the resource and be grateful for this help. the worst is when nothing happens and you feel nothing

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I highly recommend this podcast https://pca.st/53nP

Huge hugs. You're here and breathing and you're a fellow human on this planet. I am taking a moment to notice you, hear your voice from wherever you may be sharing. Thank you for reaching out. You matter. IMG_20180830_144727_140.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kaia View Post
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I highly recommend this podcast https://pca.st/53nP

Huge hugs. You're here and breathing and you're a fellow human on this planet. I am taking a moment to notice you, hear your voice from wherever you may be sharing. Thank you for reaching out. You matter. IMG_20180830_144727_140.jpg
    Thank you Kaia

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Fe0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are all these people responding to a blank post?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by switchblades View Post
    How are all these people responding to a blank post?
    It once had content.