Thread: If possible, will you help VI my favorite cartoon character?

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default If possible, will you help VI my favorite cartoon character?

...if you think a cartoon character can be visually identified, at any rate.

Here's Hisoka Morrow from Hunter x Hunter. I've read what most people consider his MBTI type to be based on his character development, but I'm curious to know what type(s) his facial expressions suggest to you all.

Thanks for any feedback ! Go ahead and post any cartoon characters you want to have visually identified, too, and we can all help out.

Hisoka_Portrait.pngtumblr_oq0es5kOwJ1vy2tgqo8_400.jpgcd522bd7361e853865a0069f6478bbc1.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a joke? I honestly can't tell.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, @Xaiviay. Some artists are really good at capturing facial expressions, but for me, nothing pops out about Hisoka Morrow from the pictures. When that happens (in real life, too), I assume that's because I'm not attuned to seeing those expressions, and hence conclude that the character is in Alpha quadra.

However, let's do a simple analysis.

Stars and tears right on the face for everyone to see. Fe-valuing.
    I interpret the expressions as alternately imperious, jocular, indulgent mothering, looking right at you in a Ti way. SEI, maybe?

For my own curiosity, I've seen Superman typed as IEI, and I have no idea why. I'm drawing a complete blank there.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is no good VI for characters, but watching scenes, hes more likely SEE or beta E.
    Last edited by Hope; 08-22-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can’t really VI him ofc, but I could say knowing nothing about the character that the pointy features imply cleverness and questionable moral goodness or amorality, and it looks like a posssible Ti stereotype; and that the features appear very mobile, implying Fe or Ne or something. Also seems kind of present and extroverted, in these shots. So it looks like a character riffing on ILE, EIE, or an impish SLE.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freddie Mercury/David Bowie vibes

Must be Beta

My stereotyped guess from a few pics is EIE
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Is this a joke? I honestly can't tell.
    for any character typing coins should work:
    4 coins with MBTI dichotomies notations + nontransparent cup
    to shake not to stirre for 16 seconds while recalling Carl Jung image
    and it will be impossible to mistake with the type

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol heyy all of you, thanks so much for the responses!

Okay so far we have 1 for SEI, SEE, ILE, a couple for EIE, and SLE, with most support for some kind of Beta type.

Well it's interesting that all these types are Fe-valuing except SEE, which still has strong Fe. All of them are extraverted except SEI. All of them except for SEI and ILE are Se/Ni valuing.

And yes I realize the face of a cartoon character is not really going to determine 'their type', I just wanted to know what type(s) he reminded people of because I found his facial expression *cough cough* pretty attractive very interesting xD
    @Adam Strange and @golden I thought similarly to both of you. My (maybe wishful thinking) guess was he looked like a stereotypical ILE but parts of his face reminded me of SEI. Also I typed him as EIE the first time I watched the show, so I agree that he comes across as pretty Fe-valuing.

Thanks @crAck for the anime thread! If anyone is curious about his typing, most people who are really into Myers Briggs type him as ENTP, with a few for ENFJ also. On the anime thread here, most type him as ILE with some support for SEE/SLE. To me, it's clear he uses lots of Ne (seeing the future potential) and stategizes well (Ni?). I can see the argument for him being Ti-creative since he categorizes things that interest him into logical systems that he creates himself. He also takes a lot of interest in the personalities of people he fights, and sometimes tries to connect with them personally, which might suggest an ethical type.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    For my own curiosity, I've seen Superman typed as IEI, and I have no idea why. I'm drawing a complete blank there.
    Okay for Superman. Well for an analysis of his cartoon face, I don't think he looks much like IEI. LSE and SLE are the types that jump out at me. He looks direct and assertive which could be associated with strong , and highly focused, without much (obvious) emotional warmth or depth, which could suggest some kind of logical type. is the next thing I see, after .
    6081444-3083367842-Actio.jpgSuperman-Reborn-Aftermath-Action-Comics-977-banner.jpg5945683-superman.pngSuperman-New-52-Returns-Comic.jpg
    As for his personality itself, I'm not very familiar with the comics, but I have watched Man of Steel. I recall him being pretty reluctant to assert his full power except when it really became necessary, maybe not wanting the responsibility? He also had a strong sense of moral respsonsibility...with these I could maybe see some kind of introverted feeling type. My mind draws a blank trying to really type him.

It probably depends on which version of Superman you're looking at, too. In this thread, there's some support for him being SLE

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    hmm is ILE from the thread i posted in?

its a cool anime, but its so long (extensive) im curious about him but i wont re-watch it, maybe ill see what his wikia page says later today
    Oh, maybe it wasn't the same one, I didn't see you in there (this one). Is there a different one?

I agree it was a cool anime

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Sol whats jung's type
    ILI

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

whats some reasoning?
    I joked and said you Jung's type.
    Character's type does not matter as only real people have types. I'd could to share the associations only, but to get them I'd need to watch this cartoon.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Stars and tears painted on the face seems alpha for some reason. Or at least .

I can't say much more as I'm not familiar with the anime.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can't really say why but EIE would be my guess.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, it seems we’ve got another Hunter x Hunter fan here!
    I think Hisoka is decidedly Se-valuing and Beta. EIE would be my best guess for him.

Hunter x Hunter characters in general seem very Ni/Se to me, I must say.