Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: See what Big 5 traits you are visually attracted to!

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Feeling is a rational function in the theory of C.G. Jung, but emotions itself are not rational.
    But emotions are the foundation of feeling judgement.
    Emotions are not rational in the sense of not being considered but otherwise they do serve a purpose on their own too alright. Agreed, they are a foundation for Feeling judgment. Just less refined information processing.

The problem is that ESE might be the type of my soulmaid, but definitly not the type of my mindmate.
    Thank you.
    Hm yah idk how Socionics duality is supposed to work there?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Yes that's probably true. You don't have to share the same life preferences with your friends because you won't be as close together all the time.
    Yeah. Tho' it was for the women where I got the type agreeing with the correlations (i.e. EIE)...

Yeah same here, it's subtle but it's there, and mostly you only see it subconsciously at first.
    The thing is, I didn't even see them subconsciously. Maybe for you Fe egos it works that way but not for me I just had to get into some more feely mode (with some difficulty but I was in the right mood by accident so it helped) to be able to see the stuff.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The problem though is that these correlations between Big Five and Socionics are not 1:1, far from it actually...

Like I said, Big 5 Extraversion includes specifics from Fe and Se etc - instead of having them in separate factors...

Maybe you could say it's enough specifics from Fe that I find this the most attractive factor instead of Agreeableness.

Also you could say it's because Agreeableness is not entirely Beta lol....

But there is more, for example I know IEI-Fe's who pass as Extraverted a big enough amount of the time. I mean they are definitely IEIs (just with extraverted DCNH) otherwise, cognitively, with Ni lead, and Irrationality...

So yeah, we can break it all down and explain everything but you can't simply say that it all matches LSI-EIE because the analysis will go beyond that. So for example with the IEI-Fe example above, their matching dual, SLE-Ti could also find the Extraversion more attractive than Introversion etc...
    Oh, Yes I agree that it is not 1:1 between this Big 5 and Socionics. I was just trying to note a general trend. Your preferences happen to match up (imo) with EIE, for the most part. Looks like you did a good analysis here with looking at how your biggest preference for Extraversion, but somewhat less so for Agreeableness, may be more related to your desire for Beta values and Fe (and not Se). And you're right, a SLE-Ti might like the extraverted face more because they're looking for more Fe, etc.

Similarly, I almost couldn't feel much of a preference for the extraverted or introverted faces, since my preferred dual is ILE-Ti. I felt somewhat attracted to both of them. Only a tiny preference for the extraverted one, probably because my desire for Ti is not that high.

Anyways, you did a much better job at getting into the specifics! Thanks for pointing out the distinctions.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst: You liked my post. That was really unexpected for me.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh I see, gotcha Well I appreciate that idealogical consistency in LIIs, a lot of the time, it feels soothing to pay attention to.
    Oh, you are charming me.

Really? I thought the demonstrative function can be pretty obvious too, right? He seems to be very Ti-dom and intuitive, imo.
    You see his use of as demonstrative?
    There is a long debate about his type. I'm not 100% sure what his type is.

Do you see him valuing and is his dual-seeking function? I don't see it.
    I see him valuing , but is not a ego function of him.
    Do you see him as -creative?

Yeahhh you understand me xD
    Thanks.

Well at least you have there when you absolutely need it
    However I should use more frequent for the practical stuff.

Really? Well that's a little depressing :/
    Sometimes live is a little depressing. That's life.

Maybe you can find one who's more well developed all around. or who has learned how much benefit they can get from and so they'll really listen to your ideas? I kind of understand, though, since I don't like some things about most ILEs.
    Maybe you don't like that ILE have -PoLR?

The only reason why I type myself LII-Ne is that I value more than ,
    but I can't tell the order of and in my ego block.
    My is also too developed for LII, however I believe that it is my dual-seeking function.
    Furthermore I relate best to the description of the intuitive subtype of LII, but there is a chance that my self typing is wrong.

Personally I don't want a long lasting relationship with someone who is low in openness – and I need a partner with above average conscientiousness and above average agreeableness.

I see. Thanks for the input!
    Thanks fior reading my posts, even my misspellings and confused words. English is not my native language, but I'm not entierly untalented in learning languages, I guess.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst: You liked my post. That was really unexpected for me.
    Err why?

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, you are charming me.
    Lol, oh success!! xD
    You see his use of as demonstrative?
    There is a long debate about his type. I'm not 100% sure what his type is.

Do you see him valuing and is his dual-seeking function? I don't see it.
    I see him valuing , but is not a ego function of him.
    Do you see him as -creative?
    Well, I see him as someone who uses intuition to form many overarching logical principles and he sticks to them very firmly, which fits the description of LIIs. To me he seems like a very rational (j) type, introverted, with a very strong Ti, and good used of intuition. Probably a more introverted LII than -LII, if he is that type.

But, I just watched some interviews of LIIs, ILIs, and LIEs from here, and I was left thinking Jordan Peterson shared more of a likeness with the LIEs. You're right that he's not showing much creative Ne, if any at all. He does talk about a lot of concerns, too, and he focuses on that a lot for someone who doesn't value it (if he's not LII).

Well, my initial typing was probably wrong. I'm leaning more towards LIE now, so Se-valuing but not Se-ego like you said.
    Maybe you don't like that ILE have -PoLR?
    I haven't noticed their Fi PoLR being a bother to me, yet. But most ILE men are just not aesthetically pleasing, to me. I'm a lot more visually-oriented than women are 'supposed' to be, on average, so that makes things even worse.
    The only reason why I type myself LII-Ne is that I value more than ,
    but I can't tell the order of and in my ego block.
    My is also too developed for LII, however I believe that it is my dual-seeking function.
    Furthermore I relate best to the description of the intuitive subtype of LII, but there is a chance that my self typing is wrong.
    Hmm that's interesting. Judging by your info, I see why you settle on LII-Ne, even if you're not sure what IM is your base function. Part of why I settled on SEI-Fe is because I can handle using Ni better than Te, so I sort of know what you mean about valuing over . Well if you relate most to the intuitive subtype description of LII, that's a decent indicator. That's interesting that you have a well developed Fe, too, maybe it comes from being raised around so much of it. Somtimes I doubt my type too, but I've considered myself ESE before and it didn't feel fitting.
    Personally I don't want a long lasting relationship with someone who is low in openness – and I need a partner with above average conscientiousness and above average agreeableness.
    Oh, is this why you don't think of ESEs as your 'mindmate'? Some of the ESEs I've seen do tend to have high levels of conscientiousness, and of course agreeableness. They can be very industrious. This one ESE I knew seemed to have very high openness. Nothing was too weird or obscure for him. He had a wide variety of hobbies and interests. I typed him as a 7 in the Enneagram, but he also had a lot of traits of 3 and 2. Point being, I don't think it's unrealistic to hope for an ESE with high openness, agreeableness, and conscientiousness.
    Thanks fior reading my posts, even my misspellings and confused words. English is not my native language, but I'm not entierly untalented in learning languages, I guess.
    I'm having fun talking to you, so no problem! You're expressing yourself well. I couldn't tell English was not your native language. Thanks for reading my posts as well!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about how most of my long-time closer male friends resemble the sample. I think low extroversion and high emotional stability.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd be careful in associating Big 5 traits with socionics functions/types.

I'm pretty skeptical there is much of a correlation...personally, I liked high agreeableness in the female photos but I am pretty sure I dont value , also the woman I metnioned earlier who looked like the low agreeableness photo was an IEI, heavy on .

Not saying there is no room for speculation...I just felt this needed to be pointed out.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 08-19-2018 at 12:16 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    I'd be careful in associating Big 5 traits with socionics functions/types.

I'm pretty skeptical there is much of a correlation...personally, I liked high agreeableness in the female photos but I am pretty sure I dont value , also the woman I metnioned earlier who looked like the low agreeableness photo was an IEI, heavy on .

Not saying there is no room for speculation...I just felt this needed to be pointed out.
    I might've missed it, did anyone associate Fe with Agreeableness in this fashion specifically? Agreeableness would simply just correlate with (part of) Ethics, not Fe specifically.

To be clear, what I mean is, Ethics would correlate with Agreeableness, where both Fe and Fi should contribute to this.

And, alright, this is MBTI but, there are actually some scientific studies out there about MBTI vs Big 5 correlations... some of the work was done basically by Big 5 "founders".

And Feeling/Thinking did correlate with Agreeableness there.

What was the IEI with high Fe doing with it to achieve low Agreeableness? I'm curious.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I might've missed it, did anyone associate Fe with Agreeableness in this fashion specifically? Agreeableness would simply just correlate with (part of) Ethics, not Fe specifically.
    Well, the fact that many Ti doms liked high agreeableness and were told this was due to their dual seeking function...seemed like associating agreeableness with Fe.

To be clear, what I mean is, Ethics would correlate with Agreeableness, where both Fe and Fi should contribute to this.

And, alright, this is MBTI but, there are actually some scientific studies out there about MBTI vs Big 5 correlations... some of the work was done basically by Big 5 "founders".

And Feeling/Thinking did correlate with Agreeableness there.
    I didn't know that.

What was the IEI with high Fe doing with it to achieve low Agreeableness? I'm curious.
    I never said she behaved in a way that showed low agreeableness...I said she looked like the photo of the woman with low agreeableness. Though it's likely she had it too (low agreeablenes, that is) because she would get really pushy and bossy when she didn't her way, though the fact she was a drug addict was likely to have contributed to that type of behavior. ("I want my fix")

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats emo stability related to in functions? I liked that

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ooo
    Maybe this is what you are looking for.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-correlations

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Well, the fact that many Ti doms liked high agreeableness and were told this was due to their dual seeking function...seemed like associating agreeableness with Fe.
    I tend to agree, even agreeableness also depends on the Enneagramm type.
    Type with -ego can likely be 2 , 3 , 4 , 6 , 9 and there are different the way they utilize

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like emotional stability is the opposite of Ne/Se (=neuroticism)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe/FeNi is the most agreeable by those tabs, ya

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In case you want to take deeper dive into Big 5 facets should be studied.

https://www.ets.org/s/workforce_read...1332_big_5.pdf
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, oh success!! xD

Well, I see him as someone who uses intuition to form many overarching logical principles and he sticks to them very firmly, which fits the description of LIIs.
    I can see what you mean. But for LII he lacks some calmness (-valuing), and he present himself with a use stronger of a LII typical would do.
    And to my perception he has a better concious grip on compared to LII.
    I agree with you that he use a lot of for reasoning.

To me he seems like a very rational (j) type, introverted, with a very strong Ti, and good used of intuition. Probably a more introverted LII than -LII, if he is that type.
    He sees himself as an extravert. There is a video on youtube that shows him talking about his own Big Five scores.
    He says he has above average extraversion.

Well, my initial typing was probably wrong. I'm leaning more towards LIE now, so Se-valuing but not Se-ego like you said.
    For now it looks like that no type fits him properly, but he is an intuitive type for sure.

I haven't noticed their Fi PoLR being a bother to me, yet.
    Well, for SEI types is their demonstrative function. It is equally strong than your leading function, but it is a unconcious function.
    You use it without realising it, but usually you don't care if other people use it.

I'm a lot more visually-oriented than women are 'supposed' to be, on average, so that makes things even worse.
    Somewhere in this forum are pictures that show me.
    Even one where I show a dead pan serious expression......and was typed ILI for that reason.

Part of why I settled on SEI-Fe is because I can handle using Ni better than Te, so I sort of know what you mean about valuing over .
    You show a skilled use of and understanding of abstract concepts.

That's interesting that you have a well developed Fe, too, maybe it comes from being raised around so much of it.
    Maybe, but I guess I'm less skillful at using than I'd like to be.
    I guess I'm more -based adaptable to other people than -based.

Somtimes I doubt my type too, but I've considered myself ESE before and it didn't feel fitting.
    Have you considered an NF type for youself?
    If you score high in openness there is a chance that you're intuitive.

Oh, is this why you don't think of ESEs as your 'mindmate'?
    Mainly because they are -PoLR... and I have 4D in my Id block... otherwise it depends on the enneagram type.
    I prefer ESE with E-2 or E-9 over ESE with E-3, E-4 or E-7.

I'm having fun talking to you, so no problem!
    Thank your for your in-depth guidance in terms of relationship. I appreciate it.

You're expressing yourself well. I couldn't tell English was not your native language. Thanks for reading my posts as well!
    Oh, really? I guess practizing helps a lot. I don't write a lot of texts in this language, usually. I learned it at school, a long time ago.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 08-20-2018 at 02:26 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm yah idk how Socionics duality is supposed to work there?
    Duality is about balancing out functions shared between partners, as I understand it.
    Mindmate would be identical or mirror relationship.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err why?
    Ok then. False alert from my ethical hunch.

male: high extraversion, low conscientiousness =S

oddly enough my prefered composites are High extraversion>Low conscientiousness> High conscientiousness

female: High extraversion > High conscientiousness >Low conscientiousness>

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I “scored” High Agreeableness, Low Conscientiousness, Low Extraversion, Low Emotional Stability and High Openness for the girls, even though I was a little undecided on both Extraversion and Emotional Stability.

Same for the guys, except I preferred High Extraversion and Low Openness.

Apparently I like neurotic, yet agreeable, people.

How do the correlations with Socionics go, exactly?

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinker View Post
    I “scored” High Agreeableness, Low Conscientiousness, Low Extraversion, Low Emotional Stability and High Openness for the girls, even though I was a little undecided on both Extraversion and Emotional Stability.

Same for the guys, except I preferred High Extraversion and Low Openness.

Apparently I like neurotic, yet agreeable, people.

How do the correlations with Socionics go, exactly?
    The thread @WinnieW linked to has some correlations to MBTI, which can give us a general idea: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-correlations
    High agreeableness correlates with feeling
    Low conscientiousness correlates with perceiving (and maybe, irrationality in Socionics)
    Low extraversion correlates with introversion (pretty straight-forward, lol)
    Low emotional stability correlates with extraversion, and somewhat with intuition and thinking (I wasn't expecting that)
    High openness correlates with intuition, low openness correlates with sensing

You prefer my scores when it comes to girls hehe

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can see what you mean. But for LII he lacks some calmness (-valuing), and he present himself with a use stronger of a LII typical would do.
    And to my perception he has a better concious grip on compared to LII.
    I agree with you that he use a lot of for reasoning.

He sees himself as an extravert. There is a video on youtube that shows him talking about his own Big Five scores.
    He says he has above average extraversion.

For now it looks like that no type fits him properly, but he is an intuitive type for sure.
    Yes, I can see what you're saying about the lack of calmness. He's emotionally calm, but not physically relaxed, and you're right that LIIs tend to give off a more relaxed vibe. You're probably right about the Ni thing, too. It's harder for me to understand Ni when I see it.
    That's neat that we both see lots of !
    Interesting, he seems very closed off so I thought he was introverted. But I guess LIEs can be very closed off, too. If he's LIE. Or whatever type he is...And extraverts aren't always gregarious or friendly.
    Well, for SEI types is their demonstrative function. It is equally strong than your leading function, but it is a unconcious function.
    You use it without realising it, but usually you don't care if other people use it.
    Yeah, that's what I've read! I do use it a lot, if I look back at how I handle social situations. But it's a boring function to me, haha.
    Somewhere in this forum are pictures that show me.
    Even one where I show a dead pan serious expression......and was typed ILI for that reason.
    Found them, yeah you look definitely like Alpha NT! Just using VI, I do think you look a little more LII than ILE, but it's hard to pinpoint why. Well, for what that's worth...

If you want to see, here's pictures of me on this page
    You show a skilled use of and understanding of abstract concepts.
    Aaahhhhhh, my HA and suggestive/role got complimented

Lol, thank you!
    I've been really bad at Ti in the past when it comes to getting defensive when someone contradicts my understanding, but I'm trying to get better at that. So that's really good to hear.
    Maybe, but I guess I'm less skillful at using than I'd like to be.
    I guess I'm more -based adaptable to other people than -based.
    Still, you do seem pretty friendly and warm, much more so than I would expect from an IxTx type.
    Have you considered an NF type for youself?
    If you score high in openness there is a chance that you're intuitive.
    I thought I was intuitive for about a year, and it was hard to admit that I was a 'plain-old' sensor, but my most natural skillset is really in alignment with sensing. Maybe I score high on openness because I'm very open to receiving stimulation, and to enjoying artistic experiences.
    Mainly because they are -PoLR... and I have 4D in my Id block... otherwise it depends on the enneagram type.
    I prefer ESE with E-2 or E-9 over ESE with E-3, E-4 or E-7.
    Ohh, yeahh...I've read somewhere that Ni-PoLR can make a person pretty resistant to considering unexpected points of view?
    So you like ESE with E-2 and E-9. More caring and peaceful ESEs! I think I might have known an ESE-type 2, she was so generous and loving to all her family. Can't say for sure about ESE-type 9, but they'd probably fly under the radar more.
    Thank your for your in-depth guidance in terms of relationship. I appreciate it.
    You're welcome, I hope it's enjoyable for you in some way!
    Oh, really? I guess practizing helps a lot. I don't write a lot of texts in this language, usually. I learned it at school, a long time ago.
    Oh wow, I wouldn't have expected that. Yeah you write English better than most Americans do. Maybe that's not saying much, lol. But you do seem like you've had plenty of practice with it

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I can see what you're saying about the lack of calmness. He's emotionally calm, but not physically relaxed, and you're right that LIIs tend to give off a more relaxed vibe...
    I don't have the obession that I have to type him.

Yeah, that's what I've read! I do use it a lot, if I look back at how I handle social situations. But it's a boring function to me, haha.
    You notice that it's a boring function despite being an unconcious function?

Found them, yeah you look definitely like Alpha NT! Just using VI, I do think you look a little more LII than ILE, but it's hard to pinpoint why. Well, for what that's worth...
    Hunch based VI. Ok, I trust your judgement.
    I should have provided a link to the post, but I was too lazy to do that.

If you want to see, here's pictures of me on this page
    <- However, this hugging style seems a little bit too -valuing for me.

There is a certain resemblance between you and a woman I know who is a child care worker in preschool.

Aaahhhhhh, my HA and suggestive/role got complimented

Lol, thank you!

Still, you do seem pretty friendly and warm, much more so than I would expect from an IxTx type.
    Yeah, but there seems to be two reasons for that.
    My enneagram gut type is most likely 9 and I believe that I'm a highly sensitive person.
    However I see myself as thinker, because I'm not good at understanding at meaning of my own emotions and I make decisions based on logic most of the time.

I thought I was intuitive for about a year, and it was hard to admit that I was a 'plain-old' sensor, but my most natural skillset is really in alignment with sensing. Maybe I score high on openness because I'm very open to receiving stimulation, and to enjoying artistic experiences.
    Ok, that make sense to me.

Ohh, yeahh...I've read somewhere that Ni-PoLR can make a person pretty resistant to considering unexpected points of view?
    No, that would be -devaluing,
    -PoLR is the lack of conceptional clarity or an incongruent view of life. (Ok, that is a quite abstract definition, I've to admit.)

So you like ESE with E-2 and E-9. More caring and peaceful ESEs! I think I might have known an ESE-type 2, she was so generous and loving to all her family. Can't say for sure about ESE-type 9, but they'd probably fly under the radar more.
    Yeah, but I don't look for partners based on Socionics type or Enneagram type. There are much more aspects of persons to consider.

I try to balance between staying in my comfort zone and leaving my comfort zone.
    The problem is that I need people to leave my comfort zone sometimes but only for a limited amount of time.

You're welcome, I hope it's enjoyable for you in some way!
    Thank you. Yes. Would I write such long texts as response if that's not the case?

Oh wow, I wouldn't have expected that. Yeah you write English better than most Americans do.
    Oh... you probably insulted millions of people just to compliment me.

Maybe that's not saying much, lol. But you do seem like you've had plenty of practice with it
    I played a lot of computer games and the texts of probably 9 out of 10 games are in English.
    Furthermore, the majority of scientific texts are written in English... and of course there are lyrics of songs I want to understand,
    but for me a lot of songs are enjoyable even if I don't understand the lyrics.
    I still lack some skills in choosing the correct grammar and form of tense, at least sometimes.

Now, I've come to an end... Because it's time for me to go to bed.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks like I'm attracted to low emotional stability followed by high agreeableness.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Ha, interesting. Preferences:
    Low agreeableness, high conscientiousness, low extroversion, high emotional stability, low openness. High emotional stability was the most attractive.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^Sounds like an LSI.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think in actuality, I need high openness. I can have a visceral attraction to people with low openness for sure, but in my experience I lose patience with them in relationships and im sensitive and defensive towards them them perceiving me as weird for having unconventional interests and stuff. I feel more fulfilled and have more fun with people who have openness at least as high as mine. The rest of the traits seem reasonable.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low emotional stability in women, yup seems about right.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tried choosing one or the other pictures in the OP's examples, but I kept going back and forth between most of the choices. TBH, I have a hard time seeing huge differences between most of them.

However, IRL, I know what I like.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I liked the ones from high openness from both sexes. I think it could be correlated to Ne Fi.

Openness is a general appreciation for art, emotion, adventure, unusual ideas, imagination, curiosity, and variety of experience. People who are open to experience are intellectually curious, open to emotion, sensitive to beauty and willing to try new things. They tend to be, when compared to closed people, more creative and more aware of their feelings. They are also more likely to hold unconventional beliefs.
    Was harder to choose women, most seem extremely similar to me.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Low agreeableness, low extraversion, low openness I was most attracted to.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused... Why would I be visually attracted to traits? Traits are part of a personality not an appearance.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malignantwench View Post
    I'm confused... Why would I be visually attracted to traits? Traits are part of a personality not an appearance.
    There's evidence for some correlations between traits and appearance in the paper referenced.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just found an interesting article with correlations between Openness and Ne types.

Openness, Myers-Briggs/MBTI Intuition, the Big Five, & IQ Correlations

By Dr. A.J. Drenth

The Five-Factor Model, commonly known as “The Big Five,” is the leading academic model of personality. As I have noted elsewhere, the correlations between the Big Five and Myers-Briggs personality dimensions are surprisingly strong. This is particularly remarkable when considering that Jung developed his framework on a completely informal basis, without the aid of the massive data collection and complex statistics that birthed the Big Five.

In this post, we will explore what I feel are some interesting correlations between one of the Big Five’s factors—Openness (sometimes called Openness to Experience)—and the Myers-Briggs preferences. While numerous studies have demonstrated strong correlations between the Myers-Briggs and the Big Five, the material for this post is derived primarily from a large study (over 900 participants) done by Adrian Furnham and colleagues.1 This study compared subjects’ MBTI results with those of the Big Five’s “Revised NEO-Personality Indicator (NEO PI-R).”

The Big Five exhibits many similarities with the Myers-Briggs, with four of its five factors showing strong correlations with certain MBTI preferences. As we will see, Big Five Openness correlates strongly with Myers-Briggs Intuition, moderately with Perceiving and Extraversion, and mildly with Feeling. Based on this, we might suspect ENFPs to be the most open (in the Big Five sense) of the types, with ENTPs earning a close second.

The Openness domain is comprised of six facets—openness to actions, values, feelings, fantasy, aesthetics, and ideas. Before proceeding further, let’s consider the numbers. The following data set uses the typical Myers-Briggs nomenclature of Intuition (N), Perceiving (P), Feeling (F), and Extraversion (E). I’ve also bolded the stronger correlations for emphasis.
    Big Five/NEO PI-R & Myers-Briggs/MBTI Correlations

General Openness (ENP): E=.28, N=.64, F=.13, P=.26

Actions (ENP): E=.33, N=.42, F=-.06, P=.25 Values (NP): E=.13, N=.64, F=.03, P=.26 Feelings (ENF): E=.33, N=.29, F=.20, P=.08 Fantasy (ENFP): E=.18, N=.52, F=.17, P=.30 Aesthetics (NF): E=.15, N=.44, F=.17, P=.08 Ideas (N): E=.07, N=.56, F=.03, P=.14

We will now discuss three of the above subdomains in greater depth: Openness to Actions, Values, and Ideas. We will also consider the relationship between Intuition, Openness to Ideas, and IQ.
    Openness to Actions: Extraversion, Intuition, & Perceiving

According to this study, E, N, and P types are more open to novel actions than I, S, and J types. This squares nicely with what we know about these types, as well as the Extraverted Intuition (Ne) function. As I’ve expressed elsewhere, EPs are novelty-seeking types. They are easily bored and are constantly seeking new and exciting experiences. For some, it may be surprising to learn that ENPs are more open to actions than ESPs are. But this is a testament to the open-minded, “try anything” attitude of Ne. NPs, especially ENPs, are willing to try just about anything once. They are idiosyncratic, unconventional, and willing to take risks for the sake of excitement or inspiration. Such types are well-described by the Enneagram Seven (7).
    Openness to Values: Myers-Briggs Intuition & Perceiving

Openness to values speaks to one’s openness to diverse values as well as openness to change. This facet has been associated with working memory and intelligence, as well as, to some extent, political liberalism.2

Openness to Values also shows a strong correlation with Myers-Briggs Intuition (.64), while correlating more moderately with Perceiving (.26). Here again, we can see a potential connection with Ne, which is willing to entertain a variety of perspectives. Viewed positively, Ne types are highly adaptive and receptive to alternate values and lifestyles. If viewed more negatively, they may be perceived as fickle, restless, and indecisive.
    Openness to Ideas: Myers-Briggs Intuition & IQ

Openness to ideas is associated with regular intellectual engagement and perceived intelligence. It is strongly correlated with the scales of Typical Intellectual Engagement (.77) and Need for Cognition (.78), both of which are positively associated with IQ. With regard to the Myers-Briggs, Openness to Ideas is most strongly correlated with Intuition (.56). This should not surprise us, since a preference for Intuition is associated with abstract ideation and positively correlates with IQ, SAT scores, and educational achievement.

One of the more interesting features of Openness to Ideas is its association with both verbal/crystallized and nonverbal/fluid intelligence. With the exception of Values, all the other Openness facets correlate mainly with verbal intelligence. Hence, some individuals with mathematical, spatial, or other forms of nonverbal intelligence (often T types) may score relatively high on Openness to Ideas, while scoring lower on measures of Aesthetics, Feelings, and Fantasy. These differences may also surface in their Holland career interests, with NTs scoring higher in Investigative interests and NFs in Artistic interests.

x

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I probably liked high emotional stability and high openness the most.

I probably disliked low conscientiousness and high extroversion the most.

However, because I didn't have a strong opinion about any of the composites, I am not inclined to read much into this.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd on the top/high conscientiousness has the best bone structure and that's really the only difference in them all. I feel like this should be more complicated.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    2nd on the top/high conscientiousness has the best bone structure and that's really the only difference in them all. I feel like this should be more complicated.
    That's interesting. Yes, the high conscientiousness has the most noticeably different bone structure compared to others. I actually don't like it, I think his jaw is too large and his browbone is too prominent. But you liked that one better than the others. We have different impressions

There's subtle differences (well, at least to me, and to some other responders on this thread). But not everyone sees faces in the same degree of detail. Some people even can't tell any faces apart (imagine what living with that must be like ) and there's a sliding scale between those cases and strong facial recognition. Faces actually have such tiny differences that human brains are wired to be extra-sensitive to faces, particularly. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to tell each other apart.

But anyways, we may not see the images in the same detail.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's interesting. Yes, the high conscientiousness has the most noticeably different bone structure compared to others. I actually don't like it, I think his jaw is too large and his browbone is too prominent. But you liked that one better than the others. We have different impressions

There's subtle differences (well, at least to me, and to some other responders on this thread). But not everyone sees faces in the same degree of detail. Some people even can't tell any faces apart (imagine what living with that must be like ) and there's a sliding scale between those cases and strong facial recognition. Faces actually have such tiny differences that human brains are wired to be extra-sensitive to faces, particularly. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to tell each other apart.

But anyways, we may not see the images in the same detail.
    I meant on the female and male ones. People with better bones just look better to me than fleshy squishy people in terms of my idealized version of what a person should look like. I can't even imagine being sexually or romantically attracted to a composite image even if that's what people are usually trying (and sometimes failing) to go for. If it's an actual person there are too many factors besides just face structure determining how someone looks and "your face structure looks like a composite for Big 5 Conscientiousness, baby!" is not a pickup line used by anyone ever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast