Thread: Being attuned to a dual

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Being attuned to a dual

In several threads I read that one has to live with a dual since childhood to be properly attuned to dual's dynamic. Honestly, I do not understand what that means in practice. My questions are:

1) How does a person attuned to a dual behave? (Examples of particular types would be cool, with some explanation about function's dynamic, some counter examples as well)
    2) How does it look when somebody is not ready for a cooperation with a dual? What sorts of behavior do they display? Again, examples, lots of them.
    I posted my sociotype so you can argue with it if you disagree.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think asking for behavioral examples of duality is going to be misleading since duality looks different in each pair, mainly because duality is an internal psychological phenomenon occurring between two people, not a particular set of outward behaviors... also I don't think one must have lived with a dual since childhood to be "properly attuned" to a dual dynamic (certainly long term experience helps, as it does with almost anything).. you're going to get a lot of personal anecdotes over what duality means to different people but the essence of it is

Accustomed to the dual, having acquired the experience of dualization, you begin to finally realize that his presence calms you, gives you a sense of security.
    source
    Last edited by Bertrand; 08-14-2018 at 07:09 PM.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the statement that you need to be raised with dual is overstatement. Dualization is not that difficult to attain at all. But it has some truth in it. If you are emotionally messed up, or your dual is, then you will have trouble dualizing but that's still not impossible and finally can work out. For example, If your mother was your conflictor ESI, if you would have to dualize with SEI, you would had flashbacks from ESI conflicts because ESI and SEI are both introverted SF and act similar way - regardless they process information differently, you would misinterpret certain behaviours as negative and offensive, and that would just require a bit of extra time to get used to it. But if you are not aware of the types, you can just judge it as conflicting and just not dualize.
    And no, you do not need dual in childhood to dualize in adulthood, but you just need to be able to establish and maintain normal relationship. If you cannot maintain relationship, you will not have it with anyone including your dual. With conflicting mother you would not be able to maintain healthy relationships.
    Also, on the side note, I think the duality here is overidealised and conflicting IE are too dramatized. I agree that ILE with ESI are conflictors but not with EII for example. I think that choosing the life partner has a lot of factors and going just for the dual might be not so good decision. Now think again, would you choose your life partner based on some theory? The theory might help you to interpret some things and deal with differences but making life decisions based on it is just too much and you might make big mistakes as no theory will replace your emotional intelligence.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^Yeah true that there's more to relationships than duality, but from my experience, my emotional intelligence was telling me to pick ILEs before I even found socionics (and all the mbti ENTPs online were like, "what? why would we date an SF?? There's no way that type could be good for me! They're too stupid and limited-minded and emotional blah blah " So I had no outside sources telling me it was a good idea, just my own experience with how happy and comfortable ILEs made me feel in person). So I'm prone to think there's more to this duality thing than most people want to give the system credit for, for what it's worth. But also, I do agree that there's a lot more to a couple's compatibility, and not all duals are good for each other. I'm not romantically attracted to most ILEs, and I'd want one who I was attracted to, obviously. Also, there needs to be similar life goals, some shared common ground in religion/politics (probably--though some can make it work without compatibility here), etc.

Seriously though, I've never had a long-term relationship with a dual, and I'd be very interested in learning how to get along with them in that context. Just understanding more about the dynamic would be good, too. I feel like most of the dating advice in popular culture covers the aggressor/victim dynamic, but nobody talks about the caregiver/childlike dynamic. It sounds like what I was always longing for and would imagine being my ideal relationship since childhood, but i've never experienced it, so idk for sure

If anybody has some experience/advice to offer in this thread, that would be great
    Following this thread~

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    Well the statement that you need to be raised with dual is overstatement. Dualization is not that difficult to attain at all. But it has some truth in it. If you are emotionally messed up, or your dual is, then you will have trouble dualizing but that's still not impossible and finally can work out. For example, If your mother was your conflictor ESI, if you would have to dualize with SEI, you would had flashbacks from ESI conflicts because ESI and SEI are both introverted SF and act similar way - regardless they process information differently, you would misinterpret certain behaviours as negative and offensive, and that would just require a bit of extra time to get used to it. But if you are not aware of the types, you can just judge it as conflicting and just not dualize.
    yeah I think people are conditioned by their familial dynamics, so if you're raised with a conflictor, you're taught to mistrust your instincts, and to expect hostile reactions from behaviors you find natural. these same behaviors the dual would probably like, so you meet your dual and you're on your best behavior and you end up acting in a way opposite from what both of you guys want. this is the source of a lot of relational tragedy. this same person then tends to retreat further into the familial dynamic that caused it, because they assume they haven't adopted the lessons of the family enough, and that they're bad at relationships and so forth. all the prior abuse about how they're bad actors from the family is seemingly validated for every bad experience in the world. depression or neuroticism result.. the real lesson here is to be yourself and have faith that if you're really acting in accordance with your convictions you will attract that right people. if this alienates you from your family who demand your brain works according to what suits them, this is a tragedy, and very difficult to escape, and so it traps many many people in a kind of familial and relational hell. at the same time its not really correct to "blame" the family, since they're more or less experiencing the same thing just from the other side, they wonder why all their attempts to help fail, why they're such bad parents or their kids or so screwed up or whatever. I do think maturity can overcome this, but it takes sincere moral effort way beyond the norm. but in this way conflict can help someone become an even better person, its like "duality--the hard way."

I also think most duals are vaguely aware that this is something that happens and duality has a way of soothing people even who had messed up prior experiences. suboptimal familial relations don't doom a person or make future duality impossible. duality has a way of working despite itself. that's another thing people should have a bit of faith in. I think the people who don't believe this are people who have mistyped themselves in order to solve the familial problem (to live up to and rationalize an artificial ideal) and so when they encounter the picture of their supposed dual but it doesn't work out they tend to think duality is broken, when I think its not their image of the other person is off, its the image of themselves. this is how people can correctly identify other types, but because they misidentify themselves, wrongly attribute duality to the pair and then are disappointed when it doesn't work out. duality isnt a gurantee of anything but in my experience even failed duality leaves a sense of fondness and gratitude that is never a total loss. the people who might say duality is totally subverted by a negative familial relation are the same types that would redefine themselves to ensure the familial relation is "positive" and then create the result they tried to avoid, which is to subvert duality. in this way nothing less than total honesty with oneself and others, and a searching conscience can unwind some of these knots people get tied in because of being dealt a psychologically incompatible hand when it comes to the home. there are many ways to get sucked back into it, and this is why psychology and therapy are so obsessed with these issues
    Last edited by Bertrand; 08-14-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    yeah I think people are conditioned by their familial dynamics, so if you're raised with a conflictor, you're taught to mistrust your instincts, and to expect hostile reactions from behaviors you find natural. these same behaviors the dual would probably like, so you meet your dual and you're on your best behavior and you end up acting in a way opposite from what both of you guys want. this is the source of a lot of relational tragedy. this same person then tends to retreat further into the familial dynamic that caused it, because they assume they haven't adopted the lessons of the family enough, and that they're bad at relationships and so forth. all the prior abuse about how they're bad actors from the family is seemingly validated for every bad experience in the world. depression or neuroticism result.. the real lesson here is to be yourself and have faith that if you're really acting in accordance with your convictions you will attract that right people. if this alienates you from your family who demand your brain works according to what suits them, this is a tragedy, and very difficult to escape, and so it traps many many people in a kind of familial and relational hell. at the same time its not really correct to "blame" the family, since they're more or less experiencing the same thing just from the other side, they wonder why all their attempts to help fail, why they're such bad parents or their kids or so screwed up or whatever. I do think maturity can overcome this, but it takes sincere moral effort way beyond the norm. but in this way conflict can help someone become an even better person, its like "duality--the hard way." I also think most duals are vaguely aware that this is something that happens and duality has a way of soothing people even who had messed up prior experiences. suboptimal familial relations don't doom a person or make future duality impossible. duality has a way of working despite itself. that's another thing people should have a bit of faith in
    Duality, the hard way is like success the hard way. If it comes with difficulty, you're likely to know what doesn't work and be more tenacious to preserve what works. If you get it easily, or from the beginning, it's easier to ruin, because you're not aware of how things can go wrong, how it's possible to lose sight of yourself, etc.

It's better to start off with at least some easy way duality, though, I think. Otherwise it just becomes a hard road with a lot of wasted time trying to figure shit out. The memories of that never really go away.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah it would be nice if we all basically had a developmental "kindergarten" with duals and then got exposed to everything else, but like a ton of people just get tossed into the deep end. honestly having a psychologically supportive home life is like better than being born rich as far as I can tell. look at Trump's relationship to Don Jr, its so messed up you can tell Don is probably actually a decent human being but as far as his environment goes everyone thinks hes a fuckup. and the people who might not think that if they knew him are so turned off by his fathers antics he can never connect with them either

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah it would be nice if we all basically had a developmental "kindergarten" with duals and then got exposed to everything else, but like a ton of people just get tossed into the deep end. honestly having a psychologically supportive home life is like better than being born rich as far as I can tell. look at Trump's relationship to Don Jr, its so messed up you can tell Don is probably actually a decent human being but as far as his environment goes everyone thinks hes a fuckup. and the people who might not think that if they knew him are so turned off by his fathers antics he can never connect with them either
    I think you've made some pretty good points about how Socionics types can get fucked up and remain fucked up. It's really important to point out the way things don't work sometimes. As much as you say it's important to have faith, though, it's also important to realize that there are real cases where people are born, grow up, live out their entire adult lives, and die, all without experiencing anything even close to dualization. Those severe failure cases do exist. I'm not saying those people should be blamed, because it's not really their fault. I'm just saying and pointing out that stuff like that does indeed happen. Some people are so distant from themselves that they never figure it out, ever.

Also, I've never typed Don Jr, so I don't know what he is.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah that is a tragedy, and I think a lot of homelessness and so forth is a result of that. the final mental break that we attribute to the "real" cause of most homelessness I suspect has its roots in a common cause which is that more basic failure to land in an understanding environment. in that sense a lot of what we call mental illness is just the final result of a whole confluence of factors that set things in motion long before the person arrived in whatever state we finally encounter them in. people argue that it one can't simply blame the environment, but that's not what I'm trying to do, rather the environment is just composed of more individuals. the environment is just everyone bouncing off eachother. a sufficiently bad roll of the dice means some people didn't have much of a chance. these people that never figure it out are stuck trying to resolve a contradiction they can't solve essentially and it takes so much of their energy they can't move past it until it eventually breaks them completely. true some people are just brain damaged, but I think thats somewhat naive as if brain damage isn't what we just call it after all is said and done to feel better about our own understanding of the universe and how it works. the truth is actually far more terrifying as far as I can tell. all these material explanations function as a form of collective terror management in that sense

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah that is a tragedy, and I think a lot of homelessness and so forth is a result of that. the final mental break that we attribute to the "real" cause of most homelessness I suspect has its roots in a common cause which is that more basic failure to land in an understanding environment. in that sense a lot of what we call mental illness is just the final result of a whole confluence of factors that set things in motion long before the person arrived in whatever state we finally encounter them in. people argue that it one can't simply blame the environment, but that's not what I'm trying to do, rather the environment is just composed of more individuals. the environment is just everyone bouncing off eachother. a sufficiently bad roll of the dice means some people didn't have much of a chance. these people that never figure it out are stuck trying to resolve a contradiction they can't solve essentially and it takes so much of their energy they can't move past it until it eventually breaks them completely. true some people are just brain damaged, but I think thats somewhat naive as if brain damage isn't what we just call it after all is said and done to feel better about our own understanding of the universe and how it works. the truth is actually far more terrifying as far as I can tell. all these material explanations function as a form of collective terror management in that sense
    I agree with that last point about material/biological explanations often being just terror management. Brain scans only offer correlative evidence yet even the most well trained scientists still jump at the opportunity to say that it's causative. The chemical imbalance hypothesis is complete bullshit and an excuse that is the last excuse people have been able to come up with to avoid the conclusion that some people just don't belong around each other and because all the older psychological theories have been found severely lacking in everything but fantasy.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that's right, because psychological theories in the vein of Jung are a kind of technology that is nearly impossible to master. its not that they don't work, as far as I can tell, but its if we all sat around trying to be perfect Jungians we'd never really accomplish much else. in that sense the holy grail is to somehow distill this sort of social awareness into something people can use, or to somehow infuse it into their bones, which is to say a cultural shift in values.. I think that's a big part of the role religion plays in people's lives, its a way to set a foundation (that pre-empts problems becoming material ones) but its eroded so completely and people have come to rely on the aforementioned material theories in framing the issues that we suffer from that particular form of one sidedness where the focus on material progress is creating problems at a rate that may be outstripping their ability to solve. at some point the whole thing will likely tip and suddenly religion will be seen as a valuable use of people's time again. I guess its just the human drama playing itself out as the world turns. not sure how many people have to lose their minds in order to achieve this tipping point, but school shootings seem to be a particularly salient example of this broader phenomenon in its development

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that's right, because psychological theories in the vein of Jung are a kind of technology that is nearly impossible to master. its not that they don't work, as far as I can tell, but its if we all sat around trying to be perfect Jungians we'd never really accomplish much else. in that sense the holy grail is to somehow distill this sort of social awareness into something people can use, or to somehow infuse it into their bones, which is to say a cultural shift in values.. I think that's a big part of the role religion plays in people's lives, its a way to set a foundation (that pre-empts problems becoming material ones) but its eroded so completely and people have come to rely on the aforementioned material theories in framing the issues that we suffer from that particular form of one sidedness where the focus on material progress is creating problems at a rate that may be outstripping their ability to solve. at some point the whole thing will likely tip and suddenly religion will be seen as a valuable use of people's time again. I guess its just the human drama playing itself out as the world turns. not sure how many people have to lose their minds in order to achieve this tipping point, but school shootings seem to be a particularly salient example of this broader phenomenon in its development
    I don't think it's impossible to master. Understanding of it has been improving over time, and the rate at which true understanding of it grows is increasing. You have to look at things with a long term perspective to see it, but it's there. Religion and science are both enemies of this kinda stuff, because the origin of it is ultimately mystical or gnostic in nature. Jung was an occultist probably more than anything else. Religion and science both require a focus on the capacity for judgment, whereas this sort of thing requires a maximizing of the faculty of perception. People who make severe errors in typology do so because they focus too much on making logical conclusions and not enough on observation. Religion is against mysticism because it thinks if it as evil or satanic in most cases, while science doesn't like anything that doesn't play by its book or submit to its methods.

People also have a bad habit of thinking of language describing typology as a thing in itself rather than as a gateway to a different kind of perception, an indirect reference to a phenomenon. Nobody confuses the word cat with the animal itself, but people take the language of descriptions and see that as the type itself.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I didn't need to adjust to my dual one iota, and I realized this only in hindsight. We certainly have the capabilities to live independently but I guess that we've come to like each other's company. Though we met later in life and we're from very different backgrounds, the relationship seemed to have come with its own inexplicable glue. We're very, very different so we do sometimes irritate one another and argue; I doubt that we'll ever be attuned but there aren't any divisive issues. Our differences of opinion don't seem to get personal or ugly but that could be largely due to maturity on both sides. I'd describe our relationship as an equal partnership with very distinctive roles that have no overlap. We seem to be able to overlook or, at the least, understand each other's flaws, which is the most important aspect. Usually, what I don't like doing seems to be automatically done by my partner, and vice versa. And, absolute trust has never been brought into question.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I don't think it's impossible to master. Understanding of it has been improving over time, and the rate at which true understanding of it grows is increasing. You have to look at things with a long term perspective to see it, but it's there. Religion and science are both enemies of this kinda stuff, because the origin of it is ultimately mystical or gnostic in nature. Jung was an occultist probably more than anything else. Religion and science both require a focus on the capacity for judgment, whereas this sort of thing requires a maximizing of the faculty of perception. People who make severe errors in typology do so because they focus too much on making logical conclusions and not enough on observation. Religion is against mysticism because it thinks if it as evil or satanic in most cases, while science doesn't like anything that doesn't play by its book or submit to its methods.

People also have a bad habit of thinking of language describing typology as a thing in itself rather than as a gateway to a different kind of perception, an indirect reference to a phenomenon. Nobody confuses the word cat with the animal itself, but people take the language of descriptions and see that as the type itself.
    I agree with this except I would say Jung was more religious in the truest sense of the word than the establishments that decry him as a gnostic heretic. I see your point though, our divergence is only because of what we understand religion to represent, in essence we agree. On this topic I would highly recommend Schleiermacher's On Religion, Speeches to its Cultured Despisers

also your gateway to a different kind of perception is spot on

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Religion has fallen out of flavor, this is true.
    Not because of its essense, but because of the restrictions the religious autorities imposed in the name of religion. Humans controling humans via "god's words", that are just someone's words glorified and made "holy".
    It's why people can't stand religion, it feels like a prison.

Religion answered to meaning problems, who we are, why we are here, how to live a good, meaningful life, facing mortality... which are still actuality.
    Religion is merely a regroupement of people who share similar perception of the above, a similar spirituality.
    We are in a spiritual down, as the things we had contained too much restrictions, it will be rebuilt with time, then abused again, so are people.

The thing with depression is that it is only a way for the body to say "stop". It is a warning that life is currently meaningless and changes has to happen.
    It can cause damage in the long term, screw up the brain.
    Borderline personality disorder is actually developed from long term trauma, mostly in the early life. It causes the damage as it happens, makes weird brain connections, and has a very bad reputation that does not help people who end up stuck with that feel better. Who shall we blame? Who cares, it won't fix anything.

I still find duality dumb though... perhaps I'm just mistyped... -w-
    Truth is, types are a pretty label that has no meaning to me still. Maybe someday it will gain meaning, maybe not, still interesting to read about.

There's an image in my head about duality :
    Attachment 13747
    Can't make much sense of it...

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with this except I would say Jung was more religious in the truest sense of the word than the establishments that decry him as a gnostic heretic. I see your point though, our divergence is only because of what we understand religion to represent, in essence we agree. On this topic I would highly recommend Schleiermacher's On Religion, Speeches to its Cultured Despisers
    I guess you still prefer to make use of the word religion then, if it's true we agree. For me, at least, I have to ditch words that for me are loaded with meanings that other people would use but which I wouldn't. If what you say by "religion" is what I mean by "mysticism/gnosticism" then yeah, we agree. I'm not gonna use the word religion, though. It would be like letting a family of cockroaches crawl all over me. That's the sensation I get when I hear/see/use that word, and it's not something that amenable to change.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think religion is too important to just jettison, normally I don't bother with language games of this sort, but there's just too much wisdom and tradition built into the word to simply surrender it to the people who either misuse it or want to eliminate it because of the people who misuse it. I think it needs to be transformed back into what it was meant to be, because until that happens we have lost something one way or the other

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think religion is too important to just jettison, normally I don't bother with language games of this sort, but there's just too much wisdom and tradition built into the word to simply surrender it to the people who either misuse it or want to eliminate it because of the people who misuse it. I think it needs to be transformed back into what it was meant to be, because until that happens we have lost something one way or the other
    To each his own. I'm cool with ditching it myself. It makes me feel better. :3 Maybe it's because I had a very restrictive and hyper-religious upbringing, but that word is dead for me and I'm not going to use it again. Point blank period. The associations I have in this context are just too strong to break, so language alteration becomes necessary.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRose View Post
    Religion has fallen out of flavor, this is true.
    Not because of its essense, but because of the restrictions the religious autorities imposed in the name of religion. Humans controling humans via "god's words", that are just someone's words glorified and made "holy".
    It's why people can't stand religion, it feels like a prison.

Religion answered to meaning problems, who we are, why we are here, how to live a good, meaningful life, facing mortality... which are still actuality.
    Religion is merely a regroupement of people who share similar perception of the above, a similar spirituality.
    We are in a spiritual down, as the things we had contained too much restrictions, it will be rebuilt with time, then abused again, so are people.

The thing with depression is that it is only a way for the body to say "stop". It is a warning that life is currently meaningless and changes has to happen.
    It can cause damage in the long term, screw up the brain.
    Borderline personality disorder is actually developed from long term trauma, mostly in the early life. It causes the damage as it happens, makes weird brain connections, and has a very bad reputation that does not help people who end up stuck with that feel better. Who shall we blame? Who cares, it won't fix anything.

I still find duality dumb though... perhaps I'm just mistyped... -w-
    Truth is, types are a pretty label that has no meaning to me still. Maybe someday it will gain meaning, maybe not, still interesting to read about.

Attachment 13747
    one day someone will make you feel good in a way perhaps you didn't expect was possible and then I think it will click, its like your dual opens you up to experiences you probably wrote off as unrealistic a long time ago. a kind of thing you assigned to other people and deny to yourself because you have trouble supplying it, but then someone comes along and wants you to experience those exact things and its like you realize there's more good in the world than you dared to dream

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Attachment 13747
    This is clearly about SEE-ILI sex.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTomatoe View Post
    In several threads I read that one has to live with a dual since childhood to be properly attuned to dual's dynamic.
    You do not need "to live with a dual since childhood" to get all the good of duality. Just past positive experience makes easier the future communication.

> Honestly, I do not understand what that means in practice.

to lesser read the heretic shit

> 1) How does a person attuned to a dual behave?

Feels and behaves with dual like his friend. Feels more happy and optimistic, with more self-esteem, get more intensive self-expression and informational exchange with the dual, more sincere communication with a dual.

Becomes more free to express own superid. And opens to accept dual's opinions and influences there. Also ego is expressed more as you feel the opponent wants this.
    With lesser conscious attention information exchange is arised in nonvalued region. For example, with my LSE near *II types I feel lesser anxiety, - reduce worries about the future (Ni).

> 2) How does it look when somebody is not ready for a cooperation with a dual?

when people get conflicts instead of the cooperation
    you need to accept the dual's strong regions behavior = to become more developed, better behaving and trust to him there. you need to tune to your dual and introject him to copy and study his strong skills, to take into account fuller his ego's views. unlike other IR it works the best, is the most pleasant and useful with duals

for example, people with T types need to become softer in communication to lesser hurt F types, - take into account that F types pay much of attention to emotional part of the communication. while F types need to become more reasonable in relation to opinions of T types - do not reject from the start when something they do not like.

in the beginning people may get issues even with good IR. types are not good. you need to give more attention to your weak regions to deal good even with duals.
    you have personal sympathy to a dual and have lesser of initial problems, but you have weaknesses of your type which make problems anyway.
    Especially in Internet without seeing nonverbal of other one and hence having lesser of the positive influence of good IR and with worser understanding the opponent - you may get more problems from types with any IR, including good ones. In Internet mb easier to deal with people of closer types as T types solve problems by logical means, F types play in surface relations with the ones who knows how to do this, S types talk in simple style to understand good each other, N types talk about general without redundant details and on themes interesting to them. But it's not friendship, it's cooperation. While the theory of good IR is more about real friendship relations where people support each other being different, the difference attracts there instead of similarity.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This is clearly about SEE-ILI sex.
    You moron. xD

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You moron. xD

No, it totally is.

The red square in the corner is the fortress of the ILI. Red and straight and square, with no breaches in the walls or softness in the exterior. Logic and order, but red for strong feeling.

The three sweeping arrows and the question mark are the sweeping, multiple attacks on several fronts of the SEE, all of which are unpredictable, and are intended to breach the walls by persistent and multiple attacks.

See? Now aren't you glad you asked?

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mum was my conflictor and I do not think it has stopped me being attracted to or attracting duals. Has it stopped me forming healthy relationships with them? Yes but only in so much as it has for all other types. I believe mum being my conflictor did not do the harm to me as much as her being unhealthy emotionally and mentally, and so doing she did as much harm to my sister and brother as myself though they have different IRs. IN fact being constantly repelled probably helped me to have some distance to finally see her behaviour in a more objective light. I think there are some qualities about being human that are beyond socionics IR explanations such as open heartedness/mind/spirit, forgiveness, respect for self and others, and on the other side manipulation, refusal to grow, a need to win at all costs, deceit. THese qualities when offered by either dual or conflictor will contribute to the health on unhealth of the relationship regardless of IRs. Loving yourself so that you can love others will mean self-appreciation and authenticity which will in turn both attract healthy duals and allow a possibility of a genuine connection with them. I don't think any thing else is needed.

Also, one of the most helpful relatiosnships in my life was my "second mum" who was not good IR with me, my super ego, and tbh I did not feel fully relaxed around her or anything... but she did me so much good because she lead a healthy life and included me in it, the choices she made nourished me, she put me in the way of good people who also nourished me, she respected what I offered etc, just as example that IR is not everything.
    Last edited by Guillaine; 08-15-2018 at 04:27 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    No, it totally is.

The red square in the corner is the fortress of the ILI. Red and straight and square, with no breaches in the walls or softness in the exterior. Logic and order, but red for strong feeling.

The three sweeping arrows and the question mark are the sweeping, multiple attacks on several fronts of the SEE, all of which are unpredictable, and are intended to breach the walls by persistent and multiple attacks.

See? Now aren't you glad you asked?
    Lol wow that actually works out. Definitely INxx with passivity and Logic with emotional passivity on top of it too and Se base with the unpredictable attacks to conquer

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Lol wow that actually works out. Definitely INxx with passivity and Logic with emotional passivity on top of it too and Se base with the unpredictable attacks to conquer
    All the elements in @NorthernRose's picture are here in this SEE's video: