Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you dress on a daily basis and why?

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work: business casual tailored dress shirt & slacks + oxfords, or all that except with a tailored suit

Not-work: button down & chinos + dress boots/loafers/derby shoes; or field jacket, casual button-down or tshirt, jeans, and boots

Not-work and not outside: I dunno, some shorts and a t-shirt. sneakers if I'm going to exercise.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Director Abbie, am locking in LSE for your type as husband and I can barely notice any difference between yourself and my LSE possible son in law to be in the second photo particularly!
    Can you explain your third photo please though, the one where you are wearing glasses and a hat which covers your mouth indoors.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

subconscious latex fetish

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Vespertine; 07-25-2018 at 11:23 PM. Reason: I managed to post in the wrong thread. My bad.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster Cool/warm undertones can help w/ makeup and I think they make some diff w clothing. For instance, I have "warm" (peach, yellow, brown) skin, but my undertones are pink, so cooler pinks like fuchsia (not peach) look good on me. A lot of fair skinned people have cool or neutral undertones. W/ most colors, there is a "warm" (orangier) versus "cool" (bluer) version. You can replace black w almost-blacks (navy, deep plum, brown, etc)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the summer polo shirt and some business casual pants, shoes idk, depends on the mood

in the winter shirt and pullover and the same business casual pants, case in point I have 5 exactly identical pants so if I forget to do laundry some time I always know what to choose...

i always get bitched at by some Se dom males for how i dress, should have more sense of style, bla bla bla
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear them because they're comfortable and I'm a recluse, so no one is around to make a judgement of my status based on clothing. If I were to go on a job interview or attempt to be sexually attractive, I would wear something like a suit.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I really don’t give af: leggings and loose shirts w/ sandals

Otherwise leggings + fancy top or a dress. Rarely do I show off my legs cuz I’m too self-conscious of my scars. I like wearing things that flatter my body type and so can come off looking ultra feminine. Oh, and eclectic patterns and textures fabrics are a fave :^D

Dont rlly care for jewelry cuz it feels too restrictive but once in awhile I’ll don delicate looking necklaces/earrings
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Attis View Post
    I wear them because they're comfortable and I'm a recluse, so no one is around to make a judgement of my status based on clothing.
    This guy would beg to differ.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

im not very consistent in that department

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    @Director Abbie, am locking in LSE for your type as husband and I can barely notice any difference between yourself and my LSE possible son in law to be in the second photo particularly!
    Can you explain your third photo please though, the one where you are wearing glasses and a hat which covers your mouth indoors.
    That's what I wear when I ride my bike in the winter. It gets below 50 out in the winter! So mask for nose and mouth, hat for ears, sunglasses because being cold doesn't mean the sun stops shining.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    This guy would beg to differ.

is it weird I think steve jobs looks kind of cool here

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dress are only for humans

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 04.53.57.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-01 at 04.51.15.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-01 at 04.50.24.png
    I fluctuate between 3 styles. When I pick one style, I'll completely settle with it or accessorize sparingly from the one or both of the other two styles. Comfort is a recurring theme. xD
    First is super comfortable and casual, to the point where I will not care about looks and makeup. One size up sweats, pajama pants, nerdy graphic t-shirts, plain colored t-shirts, and oversized cozy sweaters.
    Second is a girly cute nerdish style. Elements of comfort reside, of course. Little makeup to up the cuteness factor. Colorful, but still coordinated. Quirky, but adds a subtle personality. Graphic t-shirts, colorful skirts, shorts, leggings, boots or tennis shoes or occasionally a stylish flat or short boot. Rings, necklaces, hats or themed hair bows.
    Third is my cute color coordinated self. Comfort exists for the most part. Moderate to little makeup. Stylish shirts, black or denim jeans, subtle skirts, leggings, stylish boot or wedges or flats, necklaces, many rings, small sun hats or fashionable caps or comfy beanies, occasional belt. Not big on bright flashing colors. I prefer neutral colors with a little color pop.

Yeah. I love Pokémon.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Black boots, black pants, plain T-shirt

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dress so that i have to pay the least amount of attention to my clothing. Often sweatpants and loose fitting t-shirts. Often bare feet. Have no sense of fashion, don't know which colors match, have been criticized of wearing odd-styles because i don't have any insight into what is normal to wear. Clothes have to not intrude into uncomfortability, i almost have to feel naked. I hate having to pay attention to my body, i like when clothes do their job themselves.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Reads a comment about riding a bike around 50 F (10 °C) and starts to think: Amateurs . It starts to get bit tougher around -30 °C (-20 F).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in short-sleeved polo shirts and sweatpants for the most part, since I'm usually at home and I dress for comfort, typically. If I'm going out, I'll wear a button-down shirt (either classic white or black, or something more casual like my brushed cotton plaid shirt) and smart trousers. Shoes are usually my comfy hiking boots, but smart shoes for work or special occasions with a shirt & trousers.

I typically wear demure colours such as black, grey, dark blue and/or white, but sometimes I like a splash of red, especially darker shades.

Oh, and a strange idiosyncrasy of mine: I always wear socks, all year round - I have this weird thing where I can't stand having bare feet, ever. Even in bed (yes, I have socks for that too). Only the shower sees my feet.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

is it weird I think steve jobs looks kind of cool here
    He reminds me of how my dad used to dress. <3 His body frame can pull it off or something.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dress in an extremely narrow and curated way, that my taste would allow. Mostly black.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like a boss

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the time of year, the humidity here is pretty tough on us Felidae. My summer coat's lookin pretty slick, but the shedding is fucking horrific
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tonight, I added to my collection with a shirt that says Wage War on it. hehehe

I got another shirt with a lion head on it put out by Diamond and a couple elastic joggers for gym casual. I meant to write elastic joggers in the earlier post but put it as cargo pants. I like 'em loose, too....not saggin' loose but more just a loose fit. tight shirt, looser pants.

I'm headed out tonight with just a basic tight dark blue V-neck and jeans. I wanted to bust out one of my newer shirts but they are somewhat wrinkled from having been in the bag and yet to be washed. All the dudes that tried that shit on...fuck that, all new shirts go right in the wash.

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    All the dudes that tried that shit on...fuck that, all new shirts go right in the wash.
    Amen, Bro
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just got this new t-shirt from spencers called the definition of fuck for my stabs 'em in the gutties:

https://www.spencersonline.com/produ...mbnailIndex=33

I bought a bunch of other fun stuff, too....couple shirts for this up and coming Halloween. I have a side that likes to entertain so the louder the better. Spencers has fun stuff...I am gonna get this one for the Christmas season but a sweater version.

hahahaha
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 09-09-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Button up shirts, chino pants, boots, and either faux cafe racer leather jacket or pea coat depending on how cold it is. I usually shop at American Eagle, H&M, Uniqlo, or Target for clothes and L.L. Beans and Doc Martin's for boots. The why is because that's just how I like to dress. Boots because sneakers always feel like a downgrade compared to boots in comfort, appearance, and longevity.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfw it seems like Kill4Me likes shopping more than I do.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work: Khakis and dress shirt.
    Casual: Jeans and t-shirt.

I wear a brown hat and bright orange down coat.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sporty almost all the time. When casual, I like wearing jeans usually with either dress shoes or sneakers and maybe a sweater if it's cold.

Why? It's comfortable, cool and flexible. I usually wear three piece suits however when the situation calls for it but in formal events I have a tendencies to either overdress oe underdress.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comfortable, semiformal clothes. I don't really do T-shirt and jeans or shorts anymore, and try to actually find clothes that look nice. But I keep it simple for the most part.

I like bright colors, the whole brown and blue thing for guys in our culture seems depressing to me.

Also, right now I wear Crocs which aren't super aesthetic but they are perfect for where I'm living (the Sahel region). Durable and easy to clean.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Usually something modest like:

download (4).jpeg

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Daily

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dress for comfort outside of work. Jeans and T-shirt, or shorts in the summer. I need to dress business casual for work and occasionally I need to wear a suit. I believe it's tremendously important for your career that you dress appropriately for your position. So I subject myself to dress clothes.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Shirt, I have 15 of them. Just don't wanna be interrupted in my thought processes in everyday life, so I avoid drawing any kind of attention to myself.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general: White dress shirt, under armor undershirt, black athletic dress pants for flexibility, black socks. Black boots when it rains or snows but black Feiyues or barefoot sneakers otherwise. Usually wear a diving watch, sterling silver ring, patriotic wristband, and Greek fisherman hat with patriotic pins on it. Thick wool jacket when outside.

At cleaning job: black overalls, t shirt, thin jacket, thick jacket, water proof windbreaker, work boots. No accessories.

At Org: same as in general but with uniform vest, uniform jacket, and God awful black dress shoes and no hat. Sometimes I wear a tie but too lazy to bother with it usually.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to go around wearing pajamas everywhere. Nowadays I only--and always--wear them at home. Why I do so is a bit of a mystery. I guess it's partly because I have to wear them somewhere or else let them go to waste, and it may as well be at home rather than in public, where doing so can be a little inappropriate, particularly since pajamas often have a slit in the front of them that exposes your underwear and the bulge underneath. Aside from that, I typically wear blue jeans in public, along with a beanie and a shirt of opposite colors (e.g. a blue shirt and an orange-striped beanie). Right now, half of my wardrobe is off limits, though, thanks to a weight gain inducing medication I was prescribed. Bit I still manage, as always.

Hello, asterr! I like the classic style, but sometimes it is too boring for me, and classic clothes require the right mood to wear. Personally, I love dressing in a casual style. This style is very comfortable, and you combine the different clothes parts freely. You can wear sportswear and different sports shoes like Air Jordans with the casual style. Usually, I buy shoes from the sites like https://www.grailify.com/en/air-jordan-1-releases/. If you got a good example of a casual+classic combination, share the pics here!
    Last edited by joelynnpamplin; 03-16-2022 at 06:22 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casual and subdued, comfortable and elegant (not to be confused with formal).

I prefer high quality clothes that can withstand a lot of wear and tear.

I like earthy colors, deep black, and clear white. And I like making cohesive combinations as opposed to just throwing on the first things I grab from my closet.

I am not a fan of occasion-specific outfits, but I like adapting/combining what I already have and like wearing to blend in. Not that I mind standing out, I just dislike drawing excessive attention to my appearance and looking out of place.
    Last edited by Park; 03-14-2022 at 05:35 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nowadays I wear a t-shirt, sweat pants, colorful socks with patterns on them, slippers, and sometimes a hoodie. Colors I wear are usually blue, black, white, or grey except for my socks which are kinda all over the place with colors. Sometimes I go out of my way to make sure my clothes don’t match. I can also frequently be seen wearing sunglasses or headphones because I have sensory sensitivities. I would buy and wear much different clothes more often if I could do so, but I seem to have expensive taste and can’t afford what I like the most. I can either dress quite snazzy or quite scuzzy, but I tend toward the latter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast