Thread: LIEs being moody?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LIEs being moody?

Is this common? I've noticed this in 2 LIEs. Of course it could be ntr, but was just wondering and thought i'd ask.

Like there were about 5 of us in company of each other (w my dad) and i interrupted LIE at one point when he was talking and he acted very moody like vexed but without expressing this in words. Kept it up for the rest of the social occasion. Then i noticed this silent vexation in another LIE in a different occasion ( i didn't interrupt anyone in this case).

It makes me feel on edge, as if i must be obliged to make things better yet seems to no avail. Any comments?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They’re supposed to be “prickly”. I think it might have been Strati who said it.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think moodiness is more of a gamma trait than LIE trait. I have always find all the gamma types moody, with the exception of SEE.

One of my close friends in high school is an ESI-Fi, she is extremely moody and she would often take out her moods onto objects (you will see her kicking stones on the road side whenever she is in one of her moods, lol)
    My dad and an older brother of mine are ILI, both of them are moody/broody and often keep to themselves a lot.
    My current boss is an LIE, I find him moody as well.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko says that all dynamic types are moody.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol everytime my LIE friend was starting to act all moody and pissed I'd be like "alright but don't get so agitated!", to which she "if you say that I'm gonna get even more f* agitated!!!" lol kk

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Moody wouldn't be as dominant a feature as with Ijs but when they're interrupted or not getting what they're after, they can get quite testy. Ejs are usually looking for immediate closure on something and can get quite focused on a point so it's prudent not to interrupt them until they've finished - unless that person is in a position of strength. One has to learn to detect the transition segments and insert there. LIEs seem more apt to drown their sorrows than dump them on others; they don't seem to get as angry as LSEs but can be equally as aggressive and far more lethal......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've see LIE being angry many times and I've never understood why they are so angry as they just not thinking clearly in the situation. The last thing I would do would be worried about it. If they are angry, then it's their problem not yours.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    I've see LIE being angry many times and I've never understood why they are so angry as they just not thinking clearly in the situation. The last thing I would do would be worried about it. If they are angry, then it's their problem not yours.
    Unless you need to do something with them.

It´s the n-th time that I see you writing "if type X does this, it´s their problem not yours". This approach implies that socionics is useless since you don´t need to interact with other people to get on with your daily business.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Gulenko says that all dynamic types are moody.
    Fdg, maybe that's the case and maybe you're right. How do you suggest i handle something like that? It completely throws me off and i loose concentration from what i need to do since my focus has now shifted to worrying about why the other person is now in a mood and whether it has something to do with me...Thanks

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think duals are similar in moodiness so LIE is moody like all the ESIs I have met. Also the answer to this would largely depend on how you define moodiness

Being interrupted is one of the things which make me give people the death glare and even if they laugh it off it makes me more angry and by keeping the death glare while they're laughing the situation gets quite awkward. It happens because usually in groups I don't speak unless there is something important or interesting for me to say, while everyone would be talking I would sit and contemplate about what they really mean and how to solve the problem etc, and only speak when necessary. So when someone interrupts me while they've been talking and I have been silent it makes me angry, specially if they say something not very useful or unrelated to the topic being discussed, and alpha ethical types do this often. The way to soften the LIE in this situation is to either stop mid sentence or shorten your sentences, noticing their facial expression and address that you made a mistake for somehow degrading, not noticing the LIE speaking, whether it's apologizing or a friendly smile etc.
    But really depends on the situation, if I'm not trying to solve a problem or explain something important then being interrupted isn't that big of an issue. Usually ESIs notice the death glare pretty quickly and make a facial expression which shows their intentions weren't bad

And LIE being cold with someone one day and then becoming more friendly sometimes has to do with changing their judgements of that someone in course of time

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I mean by death glare is W3KXySn.jpg
    (He's being interrupted while solving a problem)
    Not
    eleven-1.jpg

Ps. Jimbo in treasure planet could have been LIE, I liked him so much as a child
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Fdg, maybe that's the case and maybe you're right. How do you suggest i handle something like that? It completely throws me off and i loose concentration from what i need to do since my focus has now shifted to worrying about why the other person is now in a mood and whether it has something to do with me...Thanks
    Ignore it, tell them to get over themselves, tell them it´s not a big deal, wait and see if it changes...anything except trying to cheer them up.
    Oftentimes there is no specific reason for this moodiness.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Unless you need to do something with them.

It´s the n-th time that I see you writing "if type X does this, it´s their problem not yours". This approach implies that socionics is useless since you don´t need to interact with other people to get on with your daily business.
    I value self-control and when I see people loosing it then I just ignore them because they can't bring anything sensible to the table. Like if someone is out of his mind there's no point of discussing it with him anyway until he is calm and normal.

And I think in previous post I said similarly it was the same person worried about the same thing, that someone said something or just had some wrong voice tone. I think it's far too over-sensitive. I've been penalized for bad voice tone by ESI teachers in primary school and I never had idea what I was doing wrong. So this was paranoia on their side, and I am telling you here that this is just wrong and you should ignore this and don't be too paranoid because it has negative impact on your well being as well others.

Especially situations when someone is a dick and is manipulative and tries to make this tone voice all the time to coerce people into doing things for him in situations when another person should be used like that.

Or is unhappy and grumpy all the time and does it this way. I say, who cares, most people would ignore him, so why Fi should be a victim here?

Another thing is people should be nice, if they can't, then **** them. They just make you suffer. And their intentions are not always good anyway. Why anyone should bother about them?

When people are not nice and you are falling for that you just allow them to be rude and control you this way. This is definitely wrong.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I value self-control and when I see people loosing it then I just ignore them because they can't bring anything sensible to the table. Like if someone is out of his mind there's no point of discussing it with him anyway until he is calm and normal.
    That's reasonable. Being moody is different than being "out of your mind", anyway.

And I think in previous post I said similarly it was the same person worried about the same thing, that someone said something or just had some wrong voice tone. I think it's far too over-sensitive. I've been penalized for bad voice tone by ESI teachers in primary school and I never had idea what I was doing wrong. So this was paranoia on their side, and I am telling you here that this is just wrong and you should ignore this and don't be too paranoid because it has negative impact on your well being as well others.
    If that was your point, I understand and I agree with you.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially situations when someone is a dick and is manipulative and tries to make this tone voice all the time to coerce people into doing things for him in situations when another person should be used like that.

Or is unhappy and grumpy all the time and does it this way. I say, who cares, most people would ignore him, so why Fi should be a victim here?

Another thing is people should be nice, if they can't, then **** them. They just make you suffer. And their intentions are not always good anyway. Why anyone should bother about them?

When people are not nice and you are falling for that you just allow them to be rude and control you this way. This is definitely wrong.
    Thank you for your very insightful analysis! I put in bold a couple of the points that i think are really helpful to me in this situation

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see LIEs as moody, more like the opposite. Their emotional state and behavior is pretty predictable most of the time, though they can have anger issues due to Se. I haven't seen them being brooding but I guess it's possible. Typically LIEs have an active, "can-do" attitude towards problems and would look down on someone wallowing in their emotions so to speak.

On the other hand, most ethical types can be moody in one way or another.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I don't see LIEs as moody, more like the opposite. Their emotional state and behavior is pretty predictable most of the time, though they can have anger issues due to Se. I haven't seen them being brooding but I guess it's possible. Typically LIEs have an active, "can-do" attitude towards problems and would look down on someone wallowing in their emotions so to speak.

On the other hand, most ethical types can be moody in one way or another.
    It depends on how sensitive you are regarding the moods of others. LIEs usually try to avoid passing their mood onto other people but they can be moody themselves for a large number of reasons especially in a business setting where you have to interact with a lot of people who have to be pushed to do their job decently....
    LIEs I know who work with machines, computers, production and so on are rarely moody, now that you make me think of it.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this really depends on what we mean by moodiness. the 'bush being attuned to Fe sees moods as outward expression of emotions, which is actually somewhat antithetical to true moodiness. those outward expressions (in ethicals) are more like works in progress that the person controls rather than vice versa. usually when we think of moods we think of being under the influence of something, and that is something that affects weak Fe types the most, the fact they simply deny it to themselves doesn't make it less the case. the bottom line is you can view it either of two ways: say repressing emotion is being not-moody and say channeling emotion is being moody, or say being channeled by emotions, which is a consequence of ignoring them, is ultimately what moodiness is. for example if anyone has spent time with LII they would come to realize they're some of the moodiest motherfuckers around. just watch as they act as if they're slowly being tortured to death in any environment they're not perfectly comfortable in. that this is invisible to them is precisely the problem and why ESE is always asking people how they're doing, because they're calibrated to keep things from progressing like that. you could say ESE is moody but its just a reflection of LII

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to discuss what moodiness is, i mean i go by the dictionary definition of it if it is *that* confusing. And yes LIE can be moody, one of the LIEs in my example also suffers from social anxiety so definitely something is there i didn't just make this up. I'm kinda surprised at the turn this is taking, actually, it is a very simple question.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you have to realize Ti base views the world in terms of their linguistic construct and its like they don't understand moods as moods, so if you ask them about LIE you're going to get some beep boop circuit output "such as LIEs aren't actually moody, according to my understanding" which is like, dude everyone knows LIEs can be moody, maybe check your model instead of trying to foist it off on everyone

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the moodiest lecturers at my university is a LIE, they say he gives grades based on his moods, every session he's either angry or hyper or trying to be polite...you have to wait and see what happens next, unpredictable, but another LIE lecturer is much less like this. more control over his state and more responsible. Depending on the situation you can either get help from Fi to distance yourself from a toxic LIE or make them understand they are wrong, in an indirect way to see if they admit or see their mistake or care that this is bothering you or not. if they don't notice then what's the point of caring about them?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    One of the moodiest lecturers at my university is a LIE, they say he gives grades based on his moods, every session he's either angry or hyper or trying to be polite...you have to wait and see what happens next, unpredictable, but another LIE lecturer is much less like this. more control over his state and more responsible. Depending on the situation you can either get help from Fi to distance yourself from a toxic LIE or make them understand they are wrong, in an indirect way to see if they admit or see their mistake or care that this is bothering you or not. if they don't notice then what's the point of caring about them?
    The first guy sounds like a k00nt. I couldn't/can't stand working with teachers like that, who decide everything based on their mood. I think it's fair for a student to know what they are being evaluated on and what the criteria is, not just the professor's mood.

I personally can be moody but I try not to transmit my mood to others or to take decisions on it, lol. Seems like a recipe for disaster.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Zero, yes, i agree. I think i will shield myself from one of the LIEs i brought up in my example by creating a distance with the other person and cut out any supply of Fi perks i'd been generously extending this person until now. sigh. Thank you :-)

It is very painful for me to resolve to such actions because i really appreciate the Fi bond I had been building up til now. It's like undoing your own work.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not going to discuss what moodiness is, i mean i go by the dictionary definition of it if it is *that* confusing. And yes LIE can be moody, one of the LIEs in my example also suffers from social anxiety so definitely something is there i didn't just make this up. I'm kinda surprised at the turn this is taking, actually, it is a very simple question.
    It is a simple question. The answer is yes. Prickly and moody is apt to describe me. I once told a friend i can be touchy sometimes and she said "you have the best you better stay the fuck away from me body language of anyone I know when you are in a bad mood," That may fall under moody.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this common? I've noticed this in 2 LIEs. Of course it could be ntr, but was just wondering and thought i'd ask.

Like there were about 5 of us in company of each other (w my dad) and i interrupted LIE at one point when he was talking and he acted very moody like vexed but without expressing this in words. Kept it up for the rest of the social occasion. Then i noticed this silent vexation in another LIE in a different occasion ( i didn't interrupt anyone in this case).

It makes me feel on edge, as if i must be obliged to make things better yet seems to no avail. Any comments?
    Best to leave em be. Bad moods come and go. An interruption is forgivable and will soon be forgotten. That would be annoyance and not personal, at least from me. A temporary "pissy" vibe. A directed comment of disrespect is another matter and won't be tolerated or forgotten and results in a permanent pissy vibe.

Silence is good............means they like you, they just got annoyed but they are compelled to address the annoyance with silence, instead of being brutal. If they didn't like you they would say something and chop you off at the knees with zero compunction about speaking brutally. When we hold back, it means we are trying to show some grace and not push back on people. If it isn't a withering stare of contempt, you are all good. By nature I have to check people always and push back, verbally or otherwise........silence that isn't overtly harsh is just part of our checks and balance of big ego preservation. Our Fi has some strange manifestations as it relates to the the default position that we must be respected and we communicate that passively and overtly. To be disrespected is intolerable and our radar is always on for any slight. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by hatesyardwork; 09-01-2018 at 02:37 AM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, rude inconsiderate Drama Queens over minutiae is more like it. More than prickly - makes SEIs (the true ones) want to avoid them completely when they are angry, if the Isfp conflict or can't make them feel better (which they sadly often cannot). I've known troubled ones to scream and cry over their own problems they created and take it out out on others who don't deserve it. They are not adverse to making public scenes, at least, like in bars.
    Yet the LIE wants to be a force to be reckoned with when they feel like it regardless of values like comparative personal merits or justice. (They prefer to assume hierarchy and power and compassion is a huge effort for them And usually with ulterior motives for selfgain some may rationalize as win-win if their controls and schemes do get fulfilled.) But perhaps this is just the troubled type under stress...
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...