Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Fe prone to conflict and resentment?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Is Fe prone to conflict and resentment?

I ask this because I've seen some Fe types that seem to be always seeking to have and perpetuate in their lives some kind of conflict or controversy supported by emotions of contempt and sowing seeds of discord among people.

What do you think and what is your experience?

It can be too that its an unhealthy manifestation of the element ofc.

Its not a personal attack on Fe types ofc, and it has anything to do with the forum/forum experiences but personal life experiences with Fe in family and groups. I've just see this pattern and I'm curious to know if its something common or natural for Fe types.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don’t you think this OP is a bit ironic?
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@niffer, why?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it is the nature of Fe to spot ethical problems the way Te spots things in motion that "don't work." in other words, they're dynamic types, which to me is a kind of "drama mongering" because they jump right into the stream before it can "finish". It seems to me static ethical types are the kind of people who can hold off for later and have a sincere discussion, wherein they've sort of staticized their principles. This is like if a dinner is going bad a Fe type might just make a scene whereas a Fi type might wait till they get home and rather than yell simply try to discuss what precisely went wrong. I think this gets complicated by Se types. So I would say the aforementioned holds true mainly when distinguishing beta from delta, where alpha and gamma are a little more blurred. Se + Fe amps up the drama, but Se + Fi can have its moments, etc. Meanwhile Fe + Si knows how to forebear (SEI), etc. its all a big intersection of many factors, but in general I would say Fe is on the "intervene" i.e.: create drama side of the house. Delta types can still flip out if they get stressed, this is more general trends and default strategies. For example like Robespierre, EII, might overreact if something really got them just right, but its their last resort coming online not their first resort

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok in all seriousness though: yes I agree with you. Fe is oriented towards groupfeel and puts people into groups based on objective ethics-related cues, which highlights differences and good or bad traits they perceive them to have. It can be very “us vs. them” at times based on ideology or some external group markers. There may be some more initial cognitive attraction towards that because of “Fe”. However it would be inaccurate I believe to imagine that other types don’t also engage in controversy and us vs. them conflict a lot too. Likely just as much, but for other kinds of reasons.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read Carl Jung on his observations of types?

Here're some of his comments about Fi. Fi can go bad and selfish, as can any socionics element!

"Fi gives a woman of this type a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious. This power is derived from the deeply felt, unconscious images; consciousness, however, readily refers it to the ego, whereupon the influence becomes debased into personal tyranny.

But, wherever the unconscious subject is identified with the ego, the mysterious power of the intensive feeling is also transformed into banal and arrogant ambition, vanity, and petty tyranny. This produces a type of woman most regrettably distinguished by her unscrupulous ambition and mischievous cruelty.

Whereupon the now egocentric subject comes to feel the power and importance of the depreciated object. Consciousness begins to feel 'what others think'. Naturally, others are thinking, all sorts of baseness, scheming evil, and contriving all sorts of plots, secret intrigues, etc. To prevent this, the subject must also begin to carry out preventive intrigues, to suspect and sound others, to make subtle combinations. Assailed by rumours, he must make convulsive efforts to convert, if possible, a threatened inferiority into a superiority. Innumerable secret rivalries develop, and in these embittered struggles not only will no base or evil means be disdained, but even virtues will be misused and tampered with in order to play the trump card."

http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...d_Feeling_Type

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    @niffer, why?
    It’s ironic because this topic of discussion itself is controversial, since there are different groups of people (based on types) on here.

Don’t worry about it though lol.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that quote gets posted all the time and is such fertile ground for projection, its precisely how people who don't like Fi view it as a threat whereas Fe isn't "starting drama" its resolving it, where what terrifies non Fi types is this concealed network of antipathies. before we go around on what is "better" or "worse" lets keep in mind there are two sides both that would define the other as worse. so when we say "starting drama" it is not meant to say "bad", because as we've just seen people can characterize Fi as "bad." I think what crystal was describing was the kind of Se/Ni division of forces across space and time which constitute an active flow, with a moral narrative overlaid on top. to me that is beta in the sense that they find that to be an agreeable state and therefore tend toward generating and perpetuating it (fighting for a group cause in the least subtle sense). a lot of alphas will come in here and defend Fe from the Si/Ne side without realizing its Fe in its Ni/Se instantiation that is being described. people need to get specific about quadra in other words, to have a productive discussion on this point

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta is an "aristocratic" hierarchical quadrant not because it's bunches of flowers and sunshine, and conflict is only Fe prone types.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    Delta is an "aristocratic" hierarchical quadrant not because it's bunches of flowers and sunshine, and conflict is only Fe prone types.
    There’s often stifled underground drama in delta (see: what the stereotypical delta NF SJWs can stir up), but that is different from overt socially-oriented controversy and outrage and visible drama I think that OP has in question.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    There’s often stifled underground drama in delta (see: what the stereotypical delta NF SJWs can stir up), but that is different from overt socially-oriented controversy and outrage and visible drama I think that OP has in question.
    If you are Fe, it doesn't influence you and you think it's underground.

Read about how SEE women lead men out of their prior marriages. I've seen this kind of conflict first hand.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you are Fe, it doesn't influence you and you think it's underground.

Read about how SEE women lead men out of their prior marriages. I've seen this kind of conflict first hand.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya
    What do you mean with your first sentence?

Yeah I am not saying Fi types can’t engage in such conflict as I said before. I should have been more clear: the nature of root of it seems to be different between these types.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thread going as predicted. I think niffer made a good point though. a lot of this can be explained of preference in terms of open and out there (dynamic) vs concealed and static. the former seems to be what crystal was talking about which is why we're talking about it, i.e.: generating conflict in the world revolutionary struggle sense, not "so and so cheats on their wife" although the latter scenario can definitely happen to anyone, and Fi types can get caught up in the former. its more about the character of interactions, as seen from the point of view of crystal when trying to understand what she's asking, not about ripping on Fe for no reason

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Exactly. It is vocalized and made much more explicit with Fe types. Even if an SEE for instance has very strong Fe, it’s unlikely they will take the “social issue” route or go us vs. them as a way to characterize and play out their conflict and drama (ok... however I think aristocratic deltas can do this quite a lot..). Anyway there is kind of a difference. Fe drama is more out there anyway.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I am not saying Fi types can’t engage in such conflict as I said before. I should have been more clear: the nature of root of it seems to be different between these types.
    That is what the OP is saying, that as a Fe valuing type you "always seek" to create controversy, and seed contempt and discord among people.

Do you see yourself in such a negative and contemptuous light, as the OP implies?

I ask this because I've seen some Fe types that seem to be always seeking to have and perpetuate in their lives some kind of conflict or controversy supported by emotions of contempt and sowing seeds of discord among people.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That is what the OP is saying, that as a Fe valuing type you "always seek" to create controversy, and seed contempt and discord among people.

Do you see yourself in such a negative and contemptuous light, as the OP implies?
    No, but I also didn’t assume the OP needed her wording to be taken 10000% literally and so seriously either. She also said not to take it personally ... you are being quite ironic now too with playing out the OP’s precise expectations for creating drama and making a big deal out of nothing LOL.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I also didn’t assume the OP needed her wording to be taken 10000% literally and so seriously either. She also said not to take it personally ... you are being quite ironic now too with playing out the OP’s precise expectations for creating drama and making a big deal out of nothing LOL.
    The OP's question is Fi and nothing about how you receive her wording.

She represented you belonging to Fe quadra in an awful light as sowing "contempt and seeds of discord among people" and being a disruptive presence, who from Fi point of view needs to be cast aside and excluded from any relationships. An awful person, in short. If you personally agree that you're that terrible and disruptive, you must be some kind of masochist and have no self-respect, woman.

In summary::It's a horrid evaluation of your life on basis of your type.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The OP's question is Fi and nothing about how you receive her wording.

She represented you belonging to Fe quadra in an awful light as swing "contempt and seeds of discord among people" and being a disruptive presence, who from Fi point of view needs to be cast aside and excluded from any relationships. An awful person, in short. If you personally agree that you're that terrible and disruptive, you must be some kind of masochist.

In summary::It's a horrid evaluation of your life on basis of your type.
    No, I think Crystal was just sharing her observations. Do you expect people to have completely neutral wording and 0% personal bias and emotionality in how they construct their posts and discuss things?

So I choose to receive her wording as I see reasonable given the context. Her intention was not likely to insult or to cast aside Fe types, since she added many disclaimers about it. But what you are doing now characterizing her posts like this actually is, and is exactly being dramatic in the Fe way that’s being discussed in this thread lol.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You are completely misreading my words.

No, I think Crystal was just sharing her observations. Do you expect people to have completely neutral wording and 0% personal bias and emotionality in how they construct their posts and discuss things?

So I choose to receive her wording as I see reasonable given the context. Her intention was not likely to insult or to cast aside Fe types, since she added many disclaimers about it. But what you are doing now characterizing her posts like this actually is, and is exactly being dramatic in the Fe way that’s being discussed in this thread lol.
    Exactly.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I think Crystal was just sharing her observations.
    That contain a great deal of bias that FeTi types are prone to being evil: "Is Fe prone to conflict and resentment?", despite the numerous discussions showing that negative social interactions and anti-social attitudes are not a basis to type someone as Fe. Neither are Fi types free of this.

Do you expect people to have completely neutral wording and 0% personal bias and emotionality in how they construct their posts and discuss things?
    I do expect Si folks to have some more wholesomeness and less personal bias in these matters. Guilty as charged!

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It’s ironic because this topic of discussion itself is controversial, since there are different groups of people (based on types) on here.

Don’t worry about it though lol.
    I was totally unaware of the implications. Low Ni guess. Plus, its common to see this kind of questions in other forums (but I can't ask it on mbti forums because they have wrong system), I don't know why ppl in here always take stuff as something personal or as if it were some war declaration or smth.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That contain a great deal of bias that FeTi types are prone to being evil: "Is Fe prone to conflict and resentment?", despite the numerous discussions showing that negative social interactions and anti-social attitudes are not a basis to type someone as Fe. Neither are Fi types free of this.

I do expect Si folks to have some more wholesomeness and less personal bias in these matters. Guilty as charged!

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeves isn't trying to strike up controversy, I think her reaction is similar to the reaction on that thread about "passive-aggression" in the delta subforum, in the sense that she doesn't perceive herself that way, and if she's Si-valuing then it makes sense, so she's just showing that both Fi and Fe have their negative aspects and it's more dependent on the individual and how they exercise their respective IEs, than any innate issues with a particular set of IEs

and she is right somewhat. I think what's happening here is that Fi types won't perceive biting their tongue in the midst of interpersonal conflict as being "passive-aggressive", which is why they sort of tilt their head sideways at the accusation, but neither will Fe types perceive airing out interpersonal conflict as having a natural affinity for conflict, but if two people have distinctly opposing preferences when it comes handling interpersonal conflict (or anything, for that matter) then it's only natural to develop a negative perception of those who take an antithetical approach to theirs. that's the basis of socionics.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you perceive Fe this way because you're Fe Polr. I have heard an SEE saying the same about an ESE, that she has resentment building and that she only wants to create conflict. From my point of view, it was not like that at all, it was just that a particular person hurted the ESE and she couldn't contain it anymore, maybe you perceive it as resentment but you actually can't blame someone for feeling that way after all what happened to them. Maybe you should try to see and understand where they're coming from before you create such a pattern in your head. Some people just won't tell you hurted them and they conceal it, maybe you have failed to see those moments where they were hurt, and what attracted your attention is that breaking point.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That has no theoretical basis I'm afraid of, read Jung for Si as you read it for Fi. Plus I can say the same stuff towards you with your last sentence:

You are totally biased in these matters, nothing do with my point or question. But maybe you are SEI and that's why you get it personal right?

SLIs are more antisocial, also read please descriptions in this site.

My point wasnt that Fi is better than Fe. You are creating your own controversial story in here.

Btw, I didnt type those ppl as Fe, tests do and they agreed with their results.
    Last edited by Hope; 06-18-2018 at 08:50 PM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    yeves isn't trying to strike up controversy,
    Perhaps she wasn’t trying, but she did it anyway

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I think that you perceive Fe this way because you're Fe Polr. I have heard an SEE saying the same about an ESE, that she has resentment building and that she only wants to create conflict. From my point of view, it was not like that at all, it was just that a particular person hurted the ESE and she couldn't contain it anymore, maybe you perceive it as resentment but you actually can't blame someone for feeling that way after all what happened to them. Maybe you should try to see and understand where they're coming from before you create such a pattern in your head. Some people just won't tell you hurted them and they conceal it, maybe you have failed to see those moments where they were hurt, and what attracted your attention is that breaking point.
    Wise words, you have reached the kind of insight that the OP is still working towards, which is admirable.

I hope she learns to recognize her anxiety and fearful attitude about her PoLR and comes to overcome them.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wise words, you have reached the kind of insight that the OP is still working towards, which is admirable.

I hope she learns to recognize her anxiety and fearful attitude about her PoLR and comes to overcome them.
    Hopefully you will take your own advice first and stop trying to read so much into others intentions.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you take your own advice first and stop trying to reading so much into others intentions.
    Instead of attempting to order around anyone in your thread, how about working through your own polr

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE can be very bad. Really, very, very bad. And many of them is. SEI can be bad as well, but a lot less. Never seen anything like that in IEI or EIE. Not that they are saints, but what they do is more rational and not fuelled by aggression and simple-mindedness.
    Similarly ESI just like ESE can be really bad.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Crystal Sorry for interrupting but I think the pattern you noticed is a bit negative and anyone won't like to be labelled that way (even if you declared it's not a personal attack), so no need for both to be offended or whatever... like @wasp said it's just different IEs in play here and socionics should be used to avoid these kind of situations.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    ESE can be very bad. Really, very, very bad. And many of them is. SEI can be bad as well, but a lot less. Never seen anything like that in IEI or EIE. Not that they are saints, but what they do is more rational and not fuelled by aggression and simple-mindedness.
    Seriously! Any type can be bad. I have seen EIEs, SEEs, ESIs, SLIs, SEIs, ILEs..... being agressive. Any mature person's actions won't be fuelled by agression.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, I was talking specifically about Alpha form irl experience.

I think betas have their variations for that, but they dont do the same that some alphas I've seen.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Perhaps she wasn’t trying, but she did it anyway
    well I feel like the reactions fed into the controversy as much as the initial statement which prompted said reactions (which holds true in both cases)

it's common practice for members to take personal offence on this forum and we've all done it at one point or another, so to vilify her for reacting no differently from how any of us react, it doesn't make sense because we have similar threads portraying Fi-Te in a negative light (i.e. deltas and "passive-aggression") and even if I can't recall specific responses, I do remember the general tone of the thread being similar to this one, so there's this idea that we're allowed to correct negative perceptions if they concern us personally, but if someone else tries to correct a negative perception which concerns them personally, then it garners a different reaction despite the fact that it's of the same making, but I think most of our observations are rooted in something true, it's just that what's true for one person won't necessarily be true for another person, and it's that contrast which breeds interesting discussions

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    @Crystal Sorry for interrupting but I think the pattern you noticed is a bit negative and anyone won't like to be labelled that way (even if you declared it's not a personal attack), so no need for both to be offended or whatever... like @wasp said it's just different IEs in play here and socionics should be used to avoid these kind of situations.
    Daisy, I wasnt labeling anyone. I was asking something. If you or other ethicals seem it as labeling well, sorry, but I dont see it that way, I'm asking something, and I'm not an hypocrite nor an ethical, I said and ask stuff as it is.

If you have something useful to add about the point in question I'll be thankful for it, if not, its ok. I won't entertain anymore this kind of emotional subtexts because they are not useful for me, sorry. The opinions of ppl about my person doesnt matter, as they dont even know me or anything about me. If they fight about something is probably their own ghosts, fears and imagination, nothing to do with me.

For the rest, I'm not saying Fi types are perfect or better than Fe or similar, that was not the point (I've even talked about Fi or a lot of other types in the forum before), comparison was far from my point, I suggest dont letting yourself to get involved in controversy or emotional outcomes in this or any other thread because I've seen you joining in similar stuff before, and no, I don't think its positive or good.

I know that Ti, Te, Fi, Fe, Se, Si, Ni, and Ne have their strengths and weaknesses, that wasnt the point but speak specifically about Fe, since I've hard time understanding it. As you can see, I didnt said: Fi is better than Fe in my op, or similar. Thank you anyway.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Instead of attempting to order around anyone in your thread, how about working through your own polr

I was trying to do so by asking in here, but then you appeared to say how Fi was worst or equally negative than Fe and how delta was as bad as other quadras (when my point wasnt comparison of any kind) and then you started to invent stuff and argue with everybody in the thread, so you giving moral/practical advice seems kind of hypocrite and out of place.
    Last edited by Hope; 06-18-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I understand you crystal

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one female ESE in close proximity and one male SEI. From both of them I can hear daily so many swears that it's unbelievable. The ESE woman swears her EII mother, she says she's a lose woman and anything she does is bad, and she can shout for hours about it. I am thinking on calling the police next time because sometimes it goes for the whole day.
    The SEI guy swears his SLI mother who pays his rent and delivers him food. When she's late he is shouting that she is lose woman and that he will hurt her and shouts this to himself for hours.
    Both are very emotionally fuelled, they just shout as much as they can and they do it for long hours. And bring back everything they can during this.

There's some similarity between them in calling their mothers lose women but they are both reliant on them, they both don't like to work and barely work. Usually they work for month or two and then they quit and spend another few years on not doing anything. They both also steal at local shops.

Similarly ESI and SEE can be like that but not so emotionally changed. For example, SEE guys can consider all women to be lose women without being angry or anything like that.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have one female ESE in close proximity and one male SEI. From both of them I can hear daily so many swears that it's unbelievable. The ESE woman swears her EII mother, she says she's a lose woman and anything she does is bad, and she can shout for hours about it. I am thinking on calling the police next time because sometimes it goes for the whole day.
    The SEI guy swears his SLI mother who pays his rent and delivers him food. When she's late he is shouting that she is lose woman and that he will hurt her and shouts this to himself for hours.
    Both are very emotionally fuelled, they just shout as much as they can and they do it for long hours. And bring back everything they can during this.

There's some similarity between them in calling their mothers lose women but they are both reliant on them, they both don't like to work and barely work. Usually they work for month or two and then they quit and spend another few years on not doing anything. They both also steal at local shops.

Similarly ESI and SEE can be like that but not so emotionally changed. For example, SEE guys can consider all women to be lose women without being angry or anything like that.
    Wow, that is awful behavior o_o Hmm...most of the Fe-valuing people I've known (either quadra) do not do this. But then again, I try to avoid people like this, so I might not know. If you and Crystal are seeing alpha SFs act this way a lot, I'm surprised! I thought we were supposed to be a peaceful bunch, lol. All the SEIs I've known are really reluctant to say anything critical about anyone-way more than most people. Come to think of it, so are the IEIs. And both the ESEs and EIEs try not to spread emotional discord in a group. Even when I've heard them say something negative about another person, they do it with as much tact as possible.

But I suppose it is possible I can see how when an Fe-valuing individual is angry, they'd be more likely to express it blatantly. Also the sensing types would have stronger Se, even if they don't value it, so they might be more openly forceful when expressing their bad moods than beta NFs. Perhaps this makes for a bad combination when the individual does not know how to manage their frustration with maturity?

Also, Crystal, it is a good question. I didn't see it as you labeling anyone or saying Fe is 'bad', or anything. For what it's worth..

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this about Fe and not Se?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast