Thread: Hi everyone :)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Hi everyone :)

I spent years being obsessed with learning about typology, but took a bit of a break for a while. The article section of this site is a true treasure chest that has really helped me deepen my understanding (Particularly of socionics & the instictual variants, which I didn't know that much about). The one thing that I love most about typology is that you never stop learning new things. It doesn't matter how much you think you know, there's always more for you to understand and discover.

Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFJ = EII, not IEI
    socionics uses compatible dichotomies
    Jung named as judgmental types the ones having as leading the rational function

you may check your type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    SEI-Fe1, 9w8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello, Fireflood ! I agree it's always fun to learn new things in this sytem.

TIM
    SLI 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I case you don't know the wiki already --> wikisocion.net

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    INFJ = EII, not IEI
    socionics uses compatible dichotomies
    Jung named as judgmental types the ones having as leading the rational function

you may check your type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    I probably shouldn't have put it that way. I meant IEI / INFp in socionics & INFJ in MBTI (which I know this forum isn't really about). Sorry for the confusion.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    I case you don't know the wiki already --> wikisocion.net
    Thank you I had a bunch of old Wikisocion links in my bookmark list that didn't work anymore. They seem to have changed their URL.

Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflood View Post
    I probably shouldn't have put it that way. I meant IEI / INFp in socionics & INFJ in MBTI
    I meant INFJ in MBTI is EII in Socionics.
    There is no switching, as MBTI uses compatible dichotomies and is the main typing method in MBT. Also MBT notation of the type is just dichotomies. So from theory and practice - there is no switching, types are the same - identical Jung's ones in the both variants - MBT and Socionics.
    I know about other opinion existence. But it follows from functions, while MBT uses dichotomies as the main approach, not functions. And with compatible dichotomies it goes to the same types in Socionics and among Jungians.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I meant INFJ in MBTI is EII in Socionics.
    There is no switching, as MBTI uses compatible dichotomies and is the main typing method in MBT. Also MBT notation of the type is just dichotomies. So from theory and practice - there is no switching, types are the same - identical Jung's ones in the both variants - MBT and Socionics.
    I know about other opinion existence. But it follows from functions, while MBT uses dichotomies as the main approach, not functions. And with compatible dichotomies it goes to the same types in Socionics and among Jungians.
    MBTI usually does include the functions though. Only a small minority thinks that the functions are invalid and not part of the theory.
    If you only use the dichotomies, you might as well stick to the Big Five which is way more useful in that regard.

I don't necessarily disagree since what you said may be the case if you look at it from that angle. But if you do take the cognitive functions into consideration INFJ in MBTI is IEI in Socionics. It seems to be a pretty controversial topic that people have a lot of different opinions on.

Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflood View Post
    MBTI usually does include the functions though.
    They use functional model as secondary info in the typing. You pass MBTI and then they talk with you. As I heard they have the recommendation to keep the result of MBTI in the most cases like 70% or more. Partly in that interview they check dichotomies and only the rest may be the functional model usage. Practically it's comparable to the usage of only dichotomies >70% of cases. Such there should not be made the convertion in the most cases, at least. While formally as 4-letter shows only dichotomies - it should never be done.

> But if you do take the cognitive functions into consideration INFJ in MBTI is IEI in Socionics.

Such would be if MBT followers used _only_ functions for the typing, what is not done in MBTI practice. The most weight in typing lays on the dichotomies.

Also MBTI model is wrong, as INFJ has Fi-Ne functions in ego. This mb the reason why someones, mentioned by you above, in MBT reject the usage of functions - they may notice systematic controvertions with the practice. They'd better rejected the MBT model, not functions itselves. Jung's model is other than MBT says this.

In our communication, I tend to think your type as closer to EII than to IEI.