Thread: Hello Everyone! Noobie SEI here :o

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Hello Everyone! Noobie SEI here :o

Well hello, everyone! I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time, wishing I could have some people to talk with about this typing system, so I guess it's about time I got an account! haha. I'm impressed by many of the insights people have here into intertype dynamics and how the functions manifest. It looks like you have lots of entertaining discussions. I've been reading about socionics for over a year and eventually typed myself as SEI Fe-subtype. I'm a little shy in real life, but I'm a little more bold online since I don't have to talk in person

I guess I'll tell a story about how I got fascinated by Socionics, for anyone who'd like to read. Apologies if it gets long but I'll try to keep it short- At first I slowly discovered I was an ISFP by the MBTI theory. I studied all the functions and the system for a year before I decided. It was not my favorite type (didn't rub my ego, I wanted to be a cool INTJ or something!! hah ), but it did seem most accurate. I've always had an easy time using aesthetic/physical details to impact the emotional states of others just as I want to (especially through artwork).

I had the pleasure of meeting an ENTP friend for a while, and I was so suprised by how much I enjoyed his company! I actually remember thinking "it's like the information he gives me is just exactly like what I was looking for!! He automatically expounds upon multiple theories and supports them all with clear, concrete, objective reasoning. Every curiosity I voice gets explained-at least partially-by him. I never feel bored by him, and at the same time I don't feel frustrated/overwhelmed by him because he helps organize the ideas in my head." After considering it carefully, I realized what I found so interesting about him was his use of Ne supported by Ti. Also, even though emotional expression was supposed to be a weaker function for those types, I felt like his Fe was actually really endearing, but I couldn't put my finger on why at the time.

Well, sadly I was overly shy/insecure back then, and I felt like eventually he would realize I'm not as smart as him and get sick of me. So I didn't reciprocate his attentions much at all. Eventually he gave up trying to keep in contact with me, and I could tell it was very frustrating for him to put so much effort into a connection only to get none back...honestly, I really feel like I was a bit of a jerk for not reciprocating!! I still kick myself for it, from time to time

...Later I discovered Socionics. At first, I thought I must be an ESI because of all the false information about how there's this 'J/P switch for ALL introverts when converting between MBTI and socionics. But the ESI description just didn't seem to sit right with me. Finally I found an article written for one of the Socionics websites about how introverts actually don't have to switch the J/P in all cases, and how to tell if you were a rational ('j') or irrational ('p') type. I'm not sure how to find that article again, but I remember how it said that irrational types experience conflict between their thinking and feeling, while rational types experience conflict between their sensing and intuition. Knowing this, it became clear to me that I was still a 'p' type, because my thinking and feeling are always warring in my head While my sensing and intuition are usually in harmony.

Finding this out, I read more about my sociotype and how we were supposed to experience duality with ENTp types...it was like deja vu, as if I was reading about what happened with my old ENTp friend, everything from the way his Ne and Ti benefited me, to feeling like I wasn't 'good enough' for him (because apparently, the introvert often feels like the extrovert dual is way out of their league at first). Also I finally understand why the ENTp's expression of Fe is so appealing to me. They're basically asking for the warmth and affection that I so naturally want to express

Another thing I loved about socionics was the description of caregiver (Si ego) types. I'd always fantasized about finding a guy who would like me comforting and relaxing him physically and emotionally. I've been in a close relationship with an aggressor (SEE), a fellow caregiver (LSE), and a victim (IEI), but never a childlike type! I didn't know it was even possible to find someone who would thrive off of my desire to just soothe him whenever possible. The victim and agressor were outright repelled by me when I tried to soothe or comfort them during their vulnerable moments, and the caregiver didn't really react much either way. I can see why Si treatment can be perceived as patronizing, but of course all I wanted was to make them feel good...it was very discouraging to be recieved so negatively. Don't we all want to find someone who values the expression of affection that comes most naturally to us?? It's so good to realize that's a possibility for me.

So for me, this typing system resonated pretty strongly! I realize that not all dual relations are as idyllic as they are sometimes exaggerated as being, and I've made friends with some ENTp types that I didn't jive with, at least not much. Also, I've had very good friendships with people of all types, even my conflictor types! although those have been more challenging than most. Still, the socionics theory really resonated with me, especially the whole concept of duality and romance styles.

Anyways, so that's how I became really interested in Socionics! Thank you if you read all of this, or part of it. It's nice to meet you all and I hope you all are enjoying your time on the forums!

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice post. You sound SEI

Nice to hear some anecdotes.

Yes, there is no J/P switch. The only type that matters is the Socionics type, and it can easily be confirmed with relationships etc.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello, Tallmo! Nice to meet you, fellow SEI! haha

Thanks a bunch for reading!

Yes it's good to have that confirmed. I've defnitely experienced duality attraction with ENTps, conflicting relations with many ENTJs, quasi-identical relations with an ISFJ, business relations with INFps, etc So yeah relationships are a very helpful determining factor

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post

Yes it's good to have that confirmed. I've defnitely experienced duality attraction with ENTps, conflicting relations with many ENTJs, quasi-identical relations with an ISFJ, business relations with INFps, etc So yeah relationships are a very helpful determining factor
    That's also what I did. First I thought that ILE sounded odd as a dual, they are too different from me. But then I realized that the type relationships are objective. They just happen.

I'm interested in hearing something about what you do. Work and hobbies. Sometimes it can be difficult for SEIs to find meaningful activities.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

if you want you may get other members opinions about your type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

I'd suspect ESE, based on the size of your intro and its style.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, there really is something to these intertype relations! Yes, every dual pair sounded weird to me at first. If you don't mind telling me, how did you find that ILE types worked for you as your dual?

Sure! Well, lets see...it is hard for me to consistently pursue certain activities, but I'm trying to change that. I've managed to cultivate a regular exercise routine and that really helps my self confidence and energy levels. I do love creating physical objects that are both beautiful and have a function. I just sewed an article of clothing today, which I'm happy with myself for doing. I sometimes paint, draw, sculpt clay, fold origami, do macrame. I'm really interested in taking dancing classes! I find that's a really good outlet for me. Basically, creating something that conveys an emotion and is also pleasant on the senses makes me feel pretty accomplished

On more intellectual things, I'm interested in Taoist (and sometimes Buddhist) energy work (moving the microcosmic orbit, transmuting energy to higher chakra centers, basically just moving the 'chi' energy...). I've practiced martial arts and yoga a little bit. What I love about it most is it makes me aware that I have a soul-not just a physical body. It may be a little woo-woo for some, but I still find it quite meaningful.

And sometimes I almost obsessively research topics that fascinate me, like socionics! haha. Political and economic subjects are important to me, because I can see how it directly effects people's day to day life and their ability to reach their fullest potential

What about you? Feel free to tell me about whatever hobbies/work you find most meaningful, if you like!

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Sol! Thanks for your input and the link. I actually considered ESE quite thoroughly because I really do love using Fe. however I still feel that Si is my leading function. For instance, physical beauty and pleasure is more valuable to me than a friendly emotional atmosphere, if forced to choose between the two I would rather experience a positive aesthetic environment than exchange friendly emotions with others

And I feel more happy conversing with ENTp types for extended lengths of time than INTj types. The impulsive, free-flowing lifestyle of irrational types is much more comfortable for me to get along with. I like it when Ne is dominant, rather than Ti. Ti dominance feels like it's just a little too restrictive of a lifestyle to me. Ne dominance makes me feel more free and inspired.

Also, in real life I don't use as many words to talk, lol. I rely more on my facial expressions and body language to get my point across. But I can't do that here, so...I'm overdoing the emotional expression, probably lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hi Sol! Thanks for your input and the link. I actually considered ESE quite thoroughly because I really do love using Fe. however I still feel that Si is my leading function. For instance, physical beauty and pleasure is more valuable to me than a friendly emotional atmosphere, if forced to choose between the two I would rather experience a positive aesthetic environment than exchange friendly emotions with others
    To understand the importance difference between 2 ego functions is not easy. To distinguish between mirror types it's better to use dichotomies and IR effects with people of different types.
    The structure of your messages more reminds J types. And you seem more emotional expressive, than introverted novices here. I think you are not so shy, based in this. So extraversion and rationality is what can be suspected. There is the chance for this.

You may make a typing theme. To notice how others see you.

> And I feel more happy conversing with ENTp types for extended lengths of time than INTj types.

I recommend to try my IR test. The link to it is in my recommendations.

> Also, in real life I don't use as many words to talk, lol. I rely more on my facial expressions and body language to get my point across. But I can't do that here, so...I'm overdoing the emotional expression, probably

I compare you with *EI here in the talking style. You seem different. This mb because of other type too.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cute. Welcome

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you manage to learn something useful / constructive from socionics. If you are interested in some ILE musicians, I can think of Jay-Z, Regina Spektor, Gucci Mane off the top of my head. SEI I got Selena Gomez

Also, don't listen to @Sol he doesn't know jackshit about typology (or anything else)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jay-Z LIE imo...

Post Malone mb for ILE
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Jay-Z LIE imo...

Post Malone mb for ILE
    I have full confidence in my typings. Don't really care enough to defend them here lol

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That seems conducive for discussion
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post
    he doesn't know jackshit about typology
    My interests were limited by truth about types. "Jackshit about typology", what seems is your evaluation of own its understanding, was outside of my interests.

> or anything else

By this assertion you say that disagree with any my opinion that you saw. In this case I recommend you to visit a medic.

As it is evident, logic is not your strong function, as your text is emotional and not reasonable. Also the inabbility to point on your concrete disagreements point on your weak T, as you simplify your thinking process by generalizations.
    Meanwhile you claim that T is your leading function, - it's another reason to agree with you that your typology's understanding is "jackshit" indeed. And this should be the reason why you may disagree with me.

You remind me Fe type. Probably, I typed you previously to not the type you wanted to dream yourself (LII in your profile), what leaded you to baseless overprotective negativism to my opinion and spreading brainless emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post
    I have full confidence in my typings.
    You claim about 100% assurance in your typings This is expected with the lack of practice and logical analysis.

I recommend you to make the typing theme with your video. You type is not LII.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*z-snaps*

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

and Sol pulls the F card out from his pocket.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I must admire how little @Sol can see elsewhere what is in front of him. If Gulenko talks about IME accentuation then he clearly misses out IME depreciation. I do hesitate to type him because he clearly misses out even the things that can be counted in 1D representation.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ehh, well. I tried to structure my messages on purpose, not to give people a headache when reading them. I actually spent a lot of time on that. I am very expressive, but if you read about the SEI extraverted subtype, you'll see 'ethics of emotions is intensified' and 'can appear to be an extrovert'. I see why you could get ESFj or even ENFj from my posts, though. I could go into all the reasons I've decided on ISFp, but it's really long and complicated and (probably) boring... I'm not comfortable uploading a video of myself onto the internet. But thank you for your input and offering to help!

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello nefnaf! I like your avatar--cats and chess games are always fun. I haven't heard of Regina Spektor or Gucci Mane so I'll give those a try, thank you!

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Cute. Welcome
    Thanks, Crystal! I like your avatar-so pretty.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    and Sol pulls the F card out from his pocket
    I just pointed that the dude mistypes himself what points on his big troubles with the understanding of the typology and hence of those who understand it ok.

P.S. little Troll was typed by me to F type and finds rationalizations why I did so, besides I think his type such indeed. He'd better used IR on himself to notice that is attracted to T types more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I tried to structure my messages on purpose, not to give people a headache when reading them.
    you express the thoughts not like is common for P types here

> I am very expressive, but if you read about the SEI extraverted subtype

introverted types are not "very expressive". they are quiet and shy. while you are not
    use normal types theory

> I could go into all the reasons I've decided on ISFp, but it's really long and complicated and (probably) boring...

check IR with correctly typed people in my examples

> I'm not comfortable uploading a video of myself onto the internet

then there will no be good material to check your type
    but I'm sure to doubt in SEI there is enough already. IR will help you

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I just pointed that the dude mistypes himself what points on his big troubles with the understanding of the typology and hence of those who understand it ok.

P.S. little Troll was typed by me to F type and finds rationalizations why I did so, besides I think his type such indeed. He'd better used IR on himself to notice that is attracted to T types more.
    PHP Code:
    import sol
    try:
      if 
    sol.check(argument) == True and  sol.emotion(argument) < 0.6sol.emotinarousal.threshold():
        print 
    "T type"

elif sol.check(argument )== False:
        print 
    "F type"

else:

pass
    except
    :

sol.reboot() 
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Troll Nr 007
    go to check your type by IR. only type people not by Gulenko's bs, but by normal theory
    it's best how you can use the typology now

subtypes, gulenkonika, reinin, etc - the way to mislead you. just use normal theory

this would help you to get that your permanent emotional clowning instead of reasonable and direct contrarguments [in what you are bad] is not what T types do

You found my arguments for Xaiviay that he mistake in own type as good. That's why you was irritated to flood here, as this reminded you my disagreeming with your selftyping as ILE and have rised the weight of what I said to you. Your protection was normal for F types - to supress the logics by emotions. In similar situation was the 2nd dude which funny thinks himself as LII.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Checks Sol's rulebook: No new entries found since 2008.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you express the thoughts not like is common for P types here

> I am very expressive, but if you read about the SEI extraverted subtype

introverted types are not "very expressive". they are quiet and shy. while you are not
    use normal types theory
    Did you notice that I said I'm the extraverted SEI subtype? Here's some 'normal types theory' for you, including sources: http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/SEI-ISFp/subtypes/ "Seems lively, friendly, and unrestrained in conversation; emotionally responsive, easily gives compliments and closes the distance"--first sentence under SEI Fe-Subtype. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...an-Dichotomies "socionic introversion does NOT equal unsocialibility or shyness" --italicized under Extraversion/Introversion chart. So actually yes, Fe-subtype SEIs can be very expressive, and not all introverted types are shy.

On top of that, you seem to be ignoring my experiences in relationships with other types when making your assumptions.

Well I highly doubt you know my type better than I do anways, so you believe whatever you like. I'm leaving it at SEI.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Troll Nr 007
    go to check your type by IR. only type people not by Gulenko's bs, but by normal theory
    it's best how you can use the typology now

subtypes, gulenkonika, reinin, etc - the way to mislead you. just use normal theory

this would help you to get that your permanent emotional clowning instead of reasonable and direct contrarguments [in what you are bad] is not what T types do

You found my arguments for Xaiviay that he mistake in own type as good. That's why you was irritated to flood here, as this reminded you my disagreeming with your selftyping as ILE and have rised the weight of what I said to you. Your protection was normal for F types - to supress the logics by emotions. In similar situation was the 2nd dude which funny thinks himself as LII.
    Hmm, why do you dismiss subtypes, gulenkonika, reinin etc? Do you have any good reasons?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

something something heresy

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't mind telling me, how did you find that ILE types worked for you as your dual?
    I dated and had relationships with ILEs. That way I understood what duality is. I've also had great experiences working with them.

I'm really interested in taking dancing classes! I find that's a really good outlet for me.
    I've taken lots of dancing classes. The technical side is difficult though (for me). It's still rewarding but require lots of painful training and memorizing. Good dancers that I've met are EIE, SLE, ESE. I sometimes type people when I dance with them.

And sometimes I almost obsessively research topics that fascinate me, like socionics! haha.
    Yes socioincs gives many years of revolutionary knowledge. I like Jung in general, I can understand his perspective, I type him LII.

What about you? Feel free to tell me about whatever hobbies/work you find most meaningful, if you like!
    I play classical guitar a little. It is actually a SLI activity, but I can do it too. Just generally music and dancing. I like nature also. I have read lots of intellectual stuff but I don't really see it as a real hobby. It's more like something I do temporarily.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I dated and had relationships with ILEs. That way I understood what duality is. I've also had great experiences working with them.

I've taken lots of dancing classes. The technical side is difficult though (for me). It's still rewarding but require lots of painful training and memorizing. Good dancers that I've met are EIE, SLE, ESE. I sometimes type people when I dance with them.

Yes socioincs gives many years of revolutionary knowledge. I like Jung in general, I can understand his perspective, I type him LII.

I play classical guitar a little. It is actually a SLI activity, but I can do it too. Just generally music and dancing. I like nature also. I have read lots of intellectual stuff but I don't really see it as a real hobby. It's more like something I do temporarily.
    Oh you got to date ILEs! Very nice I'd be interested to learn about what things went well, or didn't, with them (only if you feel like telling me)!

Yeah dancing is fun but it is hard to learn. I usually take the longest to learn the footwork in the group, haha. But upper body movements are more easy for me, for some reason. That's interesting that you type the good dancers! I don't know a whole lot of dancers, but one who's really good that I know is SEE.

Hmm Jung as a LII, that would make sense I haven't read a lot of his original stuff, yet. Sounds like it would be very interesting reading.

I'm impressed by people who can play an instrument, it's both very technical and expressive so I think it's a good mental exercise! That's cool that you can do that. Nature is also wonderful.

Hmm thinking about your title over your avatar, how you say "What's the purpose of SEI?" Last night I had a realization that when I'm most present in my physical body, noticing physical sensations (like, the way they flow from one feeling to the next, always changing), is when I feel most fulfilled and alive. Maybe if SEIs can extend that to other people somehow, like noticing and caring for the physical states of partners or friends/family in the same way, or just showing them the music/art created when in that state, we can feel more purposeful? Idk, you probably already do that. I'm just sharing because I thought it seemed like an encouraging idea.