Thread: Subtype?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype?

Inspired by mrs tortilla, i was wondering if i come across as creative or accepting? Thanks

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've known many ISFj and most all had very creative, artistic and or inventive bents; those that used more of their input processes seemed to lean more toward artistic and were perhaps a tad more accepting. However, ISFjs usually live on islands, metaphorically speaking, and don't accept too much intrusion; they're accepting so long as psychological distance can be maintained. They can easily coexist with others but it's certainly not with the same welcoming inclusion that say ESFjs might exhibit. Accepting is not a term that I would use to describe Ijs in general; it's more of a "conditional peace".......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I've known many ISFj and most all had very creative, artistic and or inventive bents; those that used more of their input processes seemed to lean more toward artistic and were perhaps a tad more accepting. However, ISFjs usually live on islands, metaphorically speaking, and don't accept too much intrusion; they're accepting so long as psychological distance can be maintained. They can easily coexist with others but it's certainly not with the same welcoming inclusion that say ESFjs might exhibit. Accepting is not a term that I would use to describe Ijs in general; it's more of a "conditional peace".......

a.k.a. I/O
    This is my impression, too, and it’s how I like it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a.k.a. I/O
    Thanks I/O, this is a very insightful post. I appreciate that you gave a nice summary of the ESIs that use their input functions more.

Did you have any observations about the ESIs that use their creative functions more? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Delilah ISFjs, who use their dominant output processes far more than their input, tend to be more strategic in their rationalization - if I do this then it will cause that to happen. Most are planned, deliberate and somewhat rehearsed in many of their actions - except when things come off the rails and they get impulsive. Also, they tend to be more Jeanne-d'Arc-like in their convictions about what should happen, although they take more of a sweet-talk approach - a velvet-hammer. They usually mean well having no subversive intentions but their tranquil, attentive, outward appearance can sometimes hide an internal, seething cauldron of indignation and self-righteousness, which shows through only when they finally damn the torpedoes and go full speed ahead...

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 05-27-2018 at 11:39 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Delilah ISFjs, who use their dominant output processes far more than their input, tend to be more strategic in their rationalization - if I do this then it will cause that to happen. Most are planned, deliberate and somewhat rehearsed in many of their actions - except when things come off the rails and they get impulsive. Also, they tend to be more Jeanne-d'Arc-like in their convictions about what should happen, although they take more of a sweet-talk approach - a velvet-hammer. They usually mean well having no subversive intentions but their tranquil, attentive, outward appearance can sometimes hide an internal, seething cauldron of indignation and self-righteousness, which shows through only when they finally damn the torpedoes and go full speed ahead...

a.k.a. I/O
    Now, that's food for thought.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If a person considers him/herself as well balanced individual in eyes of society without being actively driven that would point towards normalizing.

Then there are those impulsive and self immersed ones (creative and harmonizing).

This applies quite well in cases where individual is content with the role.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Inspired by mrs tortilla, i was wondering if i come across as creative or accepting? Thanks
    Until your type is unknown or doubtful to others, for them to say about the shifts in the functional balance is prematurely. Also they may to have other opinion about your type. Without your video interview it's hard to be sure in your type.

Anyway - "subtypes" is not normal Socionics. There is no good theory to use them. While Gulenko's subtypes is the total heresy.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Now, that's food for thought.
    I hope that my description didn't come across as negative. This sub-type may be somewhat insular but very, very insightful.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that's interesting are you asking Adam Strange to reassure you

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hope that my description didn't come across as negative. This sub-type may be somewhat insular but very, very insightful.

a.k.a. I/O
    Frankly, it scared the shit out of me.

Not that you're wrong. I think I've glimpsed this "seething cauldron of indignation and self-righteousness" in an ESI-Se whom I know and like. It was so faint, though, that I chalked it up to her associations with her activist SEE father, but upon reflection, it was probably her.
    Not that that is entirely bad. I can deal with that, having some of it myself. It's just a surprise to see it written out like that. On the surface, ESI-Se's seem so calm and flowery.

To add a note, this woman has been fired from multiple jobs because she can't seem to hold back this "seething cauldron of indignation and self-righteousness" for long. To be fair, they were jobs which required her to interact with the public, and even I, a total extrovert, knew from Day One that I never wanted a job like that. I'd end up in jail for publicly vivisectioning someone with a spoon.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-27-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well I know Adam Strange is the vetter of what constitutes ESI, but I thought that description was harmless, even a little flattering since having strength and conviction is a good thing. You literally wrote something akin to ESI walking softly and carrying a big stick, which was like Teddy Roosevelt's injunction to America (LIE), so it makes sense. Being scared of your dual seems odd to me, and its not some hurr ESIs are deadly cliche, I mean the whole point of dual is they're the missing piece. Its like saying I fear finding my missing keys and I'm late for work, why?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ I feel I know very little about ESI's, but I'm working on changing that.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you can infer a lot about ESI by reading Strat's webpage, but I assume you think you already know everything about ESI the type, rather you want to have sex with someone you call ESI was what you meant. I'm sure its bound to happen since you type any woman you're attracted to ESI and you shotgun enough offers one will eventually be accepted. I can't wait for the forums to receive the Adam Strange victory post

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bertrand, you babble so much, just to end up saying nothing at all.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    that's interesting are you asking Adam Strange to reassure you
    I'm someone that has never needed reassurance but my intention is to put across balanced descriptions; however, I realize that negative interpretations peak the most interest and tend to stand out. I haven't met a type that I didn't like although I've met plenty of people of all types that I try to avoid........

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also, @Delilah, I don't mean to crap up your thread with my remarks about Bertrand.

I don't know what subtype you are, I'm leaning on because you have a softer vibe, but I'd have to interact with you more to really say.

This sub-type may be somewhat insular but very, very insightful

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Until your type is unknown or doubtful to others, for them to say about the shifts in the functional balance is prematurely. Also they may to have other opinion about your type. Without your video interview it's hard to be sure in your type.

Anyway - "subtypes" is not normal Socionics. There is no good theory to use them. While Gulenko's subtypes is the total heresy.
    You think my type is unknown because you haven't interacted much with me at all. There are people here who have interacted with me more and i hope some of them contribute. I don't want to do a video just now, sorry.

Besides, I'm fine with people holding a different opinion, even if some typed me as dynamic type - and i just don't agree with that, it is completely different from my worldview. I think a Fi ego type at the very least is certain (excluding SEE, of which i'm sure I'm not).

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

have you ever punched someone or nourish a secret love of skydiving

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually have punched. And i do regret it.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its okay as someone whos been punched I strangely don't hold it against the puncher. maybe your situation is different but don't feel too bad

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its okay as someone whos been punched I strangely don't hold it against the puncher. maybe your situation is different but don't feel too bad
    <3
    What happened is i got a bloody nose from someone. And as i believe in self-defense, i punched back. It was a messy situation and a messy time in my life, most of all i regret i got into a situation to where punches are being thrown in the first place.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

does hitting in the head with a pan count

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah of course, all forms of battery are good to go

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    You think my type is unknown because you haven't interacted much with me at all.
    Because there is no normal typing data like video, at least.
    To trust your opinion about own type is not reasonable. Also I got the basis to doubt in base Fi for you with your talking on the forum. I interacted with base Fi types - you talk and think in other style.

An example of strangely restrained description of a meeting new human for base F type.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ^ I feel I know very little about ESI's, but I'm working on changing that.
    To be sure in your typings it needs to be sure in your types knowledge.
    If you'll post your video there is the chance to know more about your own type too. Mb ESI are not the best for you. Also if your type is other than you think, you may have more difficulties to understand types. This mb the way for the changes.
    Last edited by Sol; 05-29-2018 at 05:11 PM.