Thread: Hello Socionics World

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello Socionics World

Hi there. I’m an ISFj-ESI female (6w7 or 7w6?) and have been fascinated by type theories for years, but mostly interested in socionics. I am a semi-repressed musician and artist (haha: mom of two young boys) and I guess I am here to learn more and also to make interesting connections hopefully with but not limited to more people from my own quadra. I’m kind of in a gamma desert (or just too busy/shy in real life to find gamma people). I’m sure more on everything later. Personality stuff is just fun for me. :-)

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Viktor!

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that anyone will read this or probably care but I just realized through some reading through old posts that I used to be a member of this forum years ago! I just didn’t remember what this site was called and it’s been a really long time. I also was pretty confused about my type and the types of some people in my family back then.

This is dumb. It’s reading like a confession but that’s silly and unnecessary. But you know, full disclosure. I was here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    I just didn’t remember what this site was called and it’s been a really long time. I also was pretty confused about my type and the types of some people in my family back then.
    I'd recommend to make a typing theme with your video-interview to gather additional opinions about your type.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What name did you use then, or do you want to leave all that behind?

People become more competent and many who have read their old posts say they cringe at the writing.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What name did you use then, or do you want to leave all that behind?

People become more competent and many who have read their old posts say they cringe at the writing.
    Well I don't mean to be overly secretive or anything, but for now I'll probably not say what name I used (it was my real name too, hah). And incidentally you have hit the nail on the head: I *do* cringe at the writing.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I will, Sol. You don't think I'm ESI?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Maybe I will, Sol. You don't think I'm ESI?
    I doubt in any self-typing as average typing match is <20%.
    In case it's ESI - would be nice to see.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that anyone will read this or probably care but I just realized through some reading through old posts that I used to be a member of this forum years ago! I just didn’t remember what this site was called and it’s been a really long time. I also was pretty confused about my type and the types of some people in my family back then.

This is dumb. It’s reading like a confession but that’s silly and unnecessary. But you know, full disclosure. I was here.
    There was someone called vixenfoxdog or sometging like that who seltyped ESE and then there was some controversy when Mariza suggested SLI and then she left the forum in anger. Like about 7 years ago maybe.

Or was that you? I just remember having seen the picture you posted in your subtype thread.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good memory. That was me. There’s a boring story to all that but basically I used to test ISFP on MBTI and for quite a while I thought I was SEI ISFp as well (wasn’t ever very sure about my type when I was younger and also didn’t quite understand socionics - still don’t of course). I then thought I was ESFj, maybe ENFp, maybe a lot of other types. I also had a kind of crazy and at times dark upbringing partially to do with being involved in a religion not much better than a cult and it left me more than confused for a long long time. My self typings never really fit and also I noticed that once I would think I was this or that type I tried to prove it to myself, whether in posts or in actions in real life. Ever since I got out of that religion I find now I have been looking for somewhere to belong that made sense, having lost all faith and most friendships in the process. After some time just trying to be comfortable with me, I retested several times and kept getting ISFj. The last several years have been very hard as my older brother committed suicide and getting over that is likely a lifelong process. This is way more than I wanted to share and all kind of embarrassing but I suppose I feel like if people recognize me here on this forum they’ll want an explanation. Sigh.

Edit/Add On: So I guess I want to also say that I recognize a lot of people self-type incorrectly but that it’s taken me almost 20 years to feel comfortable and sure about my type. And once I was, looking more deeply at intertype relations helped me to more accurately (IMO) type family members than I’d ever done before. Instead of finding it all kind of confusing everything has sort of fallen into place where socionics is concerned.
    Last edited by MrsTortilla; 05-23-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And once I was, looking more deeply at intertype relations helped me to more accurately (IMO) type family members than I’d ever done before.
    To be sure in your type you need to do IR check on >10 people IRL.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes sense. I’ll make a list and see what I have. Pretty sure it’s well greater than 10 though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That makes sense. I’ll make a list and see what I have. Pretty sure it’s well greater than 10 though.
    I hope to see you anyway. If you'll get the doubts or will want to show yourself for any reason.
    I checked my type to be sure in it by ~10-20 people, including the most pleasant and the most weird ones as I remembered them. Mostly that perception was or started as irrational. I gave tests to the ones I could and thought about their types by behavior and intuitive-nonverbal method. It helped to understand own type with the assurance. Then I typed many people and got further confirmations. Never doubted in own type after that initial check. Sometimes I see nontypes factors as significant influence or the distance and limited communication affects the practice. IR were done for close informal communication, primarily. Also we may feel in people some IR effects even without communication at all - just by seeing them, their manners, talking style, nonverbal, how they are dressed, how they live.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice, Sol, and for sharing your own process.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome! Don’t worry about having posted here previously. I doubt anyone minds. Hopefully now you’re wiser and better. ツ