TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When someone takes your business and makes it their own

*expired*
    Last edited by Delilah; 07-22-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

when you say business do you mean like personal affairs unrelated to work or do you mean like trying to tell you how to do your job. in other words, gossipy busybodying or like micromanagement

big fish small fish?

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever that means count ILE as probable type doing it. I have long history of taking businesses whatever that means. Taking company business with customers, taking projects, invading areas of someone else work etc. The main reason for this is that when someone doesnt do their job well and at the same time it affects me as co-owner, employee, the rest of the company etc. I've been dealing with fed up people because of this whole my life. And it's the way I actually got the good job every time, actually taking it from someone else by starting doing it and then the rest would stand by me and help me take over. That's how I've been working for past 10 years nonstop.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    How do you react? What is the best way to protect own interest?

I wanted to put this in general discussion because i think socionics has something to do with this, or ways of dealing with it might be socionics related. Last but not least, are there any types more likely to do this?

Basically i've come across something like this at work a couple of times right now and it's enough to have me concerned. Thanks

If you're referring to idea theft, you have a right to profits from any original work. America is a particularly litigious country so trademarks, copyrights and patents are your friends. I agree that ILE is the most likely type to misuse someone else's others' intellectual property. They see how a concept could be improved, get excited and jump in without considering the consequences of their actions. Their optimism can lead to great success and/or epic failure.

If you're instead referring to do-gooder type behaviour, there are no easy solutions because we live in an age of sanctimonious outrage. Many people feel entitled to "help you" become a better person, regardless of whether their advice has been solicited. LSE and EII live and breathe to make the world righteous so are the worst offenders, but every type has the potential to be an asshole.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 05-17-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather have it all burn than give it up. Is that defensive?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty sure there is legal counsel you can take if you mean your actual "real-world LIE str8 man" business or whatever. You may have to put on your big girl's panties and get some free legal consultation to your specific circumstance if this is the case. It is a very serious matter if somebody is going after your own personal livelihood and you should never be afraid to defend yourself. We both have one-dimensional Te and so there's nothing wrong with asking for some help in this area. People experienced with this sort of thing can guide you on the best course of action to take. (I would help you but I'm an artist from a small town- not an uppity know-it-all lawyer from New York) You may have to spend some money to protect all your money- but it could be worth it idk the specifics.

As for business in a more general/vague way- people are so much more respectable when they can mind their own business, but not many people seem to know how to do this. Here is how 98% of americans tend to act:

2cb0e6d6246c6ee2ed09711bc3f557a0.gif

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

do you mean like when someone is nosey or intruding in your work and stuff?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    How do you react? What is the best way to protect own interest? I wanted to put this in general discussion because i think socionics has something to do with this, or ways of dealing with it might be socionics related. Last but not least, are there any types more likely to do this?

Basically i've come across something like this at work a couple of times right now and it's enough to have me concerned. Thanks

I'll find ways to counter-attack my offender. Someone takes my business and make it their own? Then I'll make them fall into their own trap.

Let's say I created a powerpoint slide and someone made my work into their own. Then I'm going to make sure to create two different powerpoint slides, one of the powerpoint slides will be very poorly done, I'll trick them into copying this. And then the other powerpoint slides I'll put in lots of efforts into it and I'll only present it right at the very last minute after my offender presented the other poorly done powerpoint slides of mine.

Hopefully this experience will serve as a huge lesson to those sneaky little bastards and they will learn not to steal people's work again in future.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Soul View Post
    I'll find ways to counter-attack my offender. Someone takes my business and make it their own? Then I'll make them fall into their own trap.

Let's say I created a powerpoint slide and someone made my work into their own. Then I'm going to make sure to create two different powerpoint slides, one of the powerpoint slides will be very poorly done, I'll trick them into copying this. And then the other powerpoint slides I'll put in lots of efforts into it and I'll only present it right at the very last minute after my offender presented the other poorly done powerpoint slides of mine.

Hopefully this experience will serve as a huge lesson to those sneaky little bastards and they will learn not to steal people's work again in future.
    p u r e N i

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It actually would make me more likely to want to help them. I don't feel obligated to own anything, I'd rather just give it up to people with a better agenda than myself.

I really don't have an agenda at all so when someone looks dedicated and purposeful then I feel like I should give them the chance... it's not like I'm planning on going anywhere

I don't mind being taken advantage of because it doesn't hurt me

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, there are types that want other to take over the business matters. SEI is one among of those.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Well, there are types that want other to take over the business matters. SEI is one among of those.
    yeah I think this contextualizes falsehope's post nicely.. the way he talks about things seems outrageous until you consider SEI is probably looking for someone to do that kind of thing

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The best way to deal with someone like that would be to load a shit ton of explosives into a car, drive it into their house, and then blow it up. Highly unlikely they will interfere with your business anymore.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead bnd View Post
    Pretty sure there is legal counsel you can take if you mean your actual "real-world LIE str8 man" business or whatever. You may have to put on your big girl's panties and get some free legal consultation to your specific circumstance if this is the case. It is a very serious matter if somebody is going after your own personal livelihood and you should never be afraid to defend yourself. We both have one-dimensional Te and so there's nothing wrong with asking for some help in this area. People experienced with this sort of thing can guide you on the best course of action to take. (I would help you but I'm an artist from a small town- not an uppity know-it-all lawyer from New York) You may have to spend some money to protect all your money- but it could be worth it idk the specifics.

As for business in a more general/vague way- people are so much more respectable when they can mind their own business, but not many people seem to know how to do this. Here is how 98% of americans tend to act:

2cb0e6d6246c6ee2ed09711bc3f557a0.gif
    My advice is simply to not deal with thieves. As soon as you detect dishonesty, disengage and just walk away. If they owe you money, just forget it.* There is no way you can recover assets from a thief. They have probably been doing this for years and are pretty good at it. In most cases, it will cost you more in time and effort (and money) to get a chance (no guarantee) to get your money back than the value of any money that you do manage to recover. I know, I've been there.

*But privately tell everyone you know about that person. You can't legally take out an ad in the paper, because even if it is true, you are defaming them and they then have grounds to sue you. And they probably will. Because stealing from people is what they do.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

kill them

or just be better than they are

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stand up for myself and my role. No one else will. The how- that would depend on any number or things and ifs super important Im not above loosing my cool. Thats a last resort, for the most part its done cool.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I will let them take it because my business is a burden to me.. If they wanna take it, then I'll let em..

Unless i like that business.. If i like the business, and someone else wants to take it, i already knew their intentions.. So it won't happen.. Because they're one step behind me

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    Whatever that means count ILE as probable type doing it. I have long history of taking businesses whatever that means. Taking company business with customers, taking projects, invading areas of someone else work etc. The main reason for this is that when someone doesnt do their job well and at the same time it affects me as co-owner, employee, the rest of the company etc. I've been dealing with fed up people because of this whole my life. And it's the way I actually got the good job every time, actually taking it from someone else by starting doing it and then the rest would stand by me and help me take over. That's how I've been working for past 10 years nonstop.
    Whatever it is it sounds cool so i was obviously doing it

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@OP

I would tell them that my "business" was to clean the toilet / other unpleasant activity.