Thread: Possible Connection Between Borderline Disorder and being Sx first/ 4

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Possible Connection Between Borderline Disorder and being Sx first/ 4

I meant Borderline Personality Disorder, not Bipolar.

Borderline personality disorder is a mental illness marked by an ongoing pattern of varying moods, self-image, and behavior. These symptoms often result in impulsive actions and problems in relationships. People with borderline personality disorder may experience intense episodes of anger, depression, and anxiety that can last from a few hours to days.

Signs and Symptoms
    People with borderline personality disorder may experience mood swings and display uncertainty about how they see themselves and their role in the world. As a result, their interests and values can change quickly.

People with borderline personality disorder also tend to view things in extremes, such as all good or all bad. Their opinions of other people can also change quickly. An individual who is seen as a friend one day may be considered an enemy or traitor the next. These shifting feelings can lead to intense and unstable relationships.

Other signs or symptoms may include:

Efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment, such as rapidly initiating intimate (physical or emotional) relationships or cutting off communication with someone in anticipation of being abandoned
    A pattern of intense and unstable relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often swinging from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation)
    Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self
    Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating. Please note: If these behaviors occur primarily during a period of elevated mood or energy, they may be signs of a mood disorder—not borderline personality disorder
    Self-harming behavior, such as cutting
    Recurring thoughts of suicidal behaviors or threats
    Intense and highly changeable moods, with each episode lasting from a few hours to a few days
    Chronic feelings of emptiness
    Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger
    Difficulty trusting, which is sometimes accompanied by irrational fear of other people’s intentions
    Feelings of dissociation, such as feeling cut off from oneself, seeing oneself from outside one’s body, or feelings of unreality
    Not everyone with borderline personality disorder experiences every symptom. Some individuals experience only a few symptoms, while others have many. Symptoms can be triggered by seemingly ordinary events. For example, people with borderline personality disorder may become angry and distressed over minor separations from people to whom they feel close, such as traveling on business trips. The severity and frequency of symptoms and how long they last will vary depending on the individual and their illness.
    Last edited by Shytan; 05-08-2018 at 08:51 PM.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit. I meant Borderline Personality Disorder. How do I change the thread title?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You could just delete and repost, but someone who knows the nuts and bolts of this site might have a better solution.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You could just delete and repost, but someone who knows the nuts and bolts of this site might have a better solution.
    Damn. The site should have that option. Thanks though

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No connection wtf 😂

Bipolar disorder or any bpd is caused by hormones or mental illness.

It's not cognitive function wise

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a lot of investigations in the last few years link borderline pd to complex trauma. Could there be a link with certain enneagram types, such that some types are more predisposed, or that the etiology behind borderline could also lead to the formation of certain types over others? Well, maybe. But I would want to see that tested, otherwise it's just anecdotal.

I don't really see 4s as prone to splitting, and I don't see borderlines I've known as especially likely to be dedicated to personal creative visions or whatnot. Those are my anecdotal observations.
    Last edited by golden; 05-12-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please stop this ridiculous pseudoscientific connections, it's equivalent to using crystals to heal illnesses and diseases. There may be genuine mental health concerns to borderline and bipolar disorders. This is irresponsible.

I know that this forum is total nonsense, and is only for crazy people to talk shit, but this is ridiculous.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Please stop this ridiculous pseudoscientific connections, it's equivalent to using crystals to heal illnesses and diseases. There may be genuine mental health concerns to borderline and bipolar disorders. This is irresponsible.

I know that this forum is total nonsense, and is only for crazy people to talk shit, but this is ridiculous.
    Thanks for your feedback, and remember you can always scroll by the ridiculous posts without feeling the need to comment

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one person with diagnosed bpd he is sp/sx 9w1. Being male he is also not the stereotype. I am 4w5 sx/so and when I was unwell and immature I could see in myself some overlap with the histrionic and introjection of dramatic and even self-harming behavior but after living with a real sufferer of bpd believe me it is not the same thing, even if it appears to be. Bpd sufferers have very little internal stability and are often lacking basic psychological resources such as object permanence, things that give you psychological stability that you learn before the age of two years old. So the connection is not there though it may appear to be, in my non-clinical opinion.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you explain what kind of connection do you mean? If person is sx first / 4 then what?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    Can you explain what kind of connection do you mean? If person is sx first / 4 then what?
    Well i was wondering if they are more prone to having bpd. A lot of the signs and symptoms of having bpd are expressed by unhealthy 4s or Sx firsts. According to my observation, that is.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a bit like saying there's a connection between having add/adhd and being a SEE or a 7 enneagram. There is an overlap rather than a connection.