ESI

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jet Li
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muhtempus View Post
    What type is the chosen one?

I would argue that it's often a fictional character with ESI as sociotype

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...The-Chosen-One

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think another reason (for the many instances of ESI protagonists in fiction) is ESI is dual to US culture which is LIE which controls Hollywood. In many ways its the sympathetic ideal counterpart to the country, its sort of "soul." I would argue England is more LSE and Harry Potter is more EII

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    I would argue that it's often a fictional character with ESI as sociotype

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...The-Chosen-One
    That's great post imo (if I understood it correctly, my english is not very good). I was thinking lately of how this character Slaine Troyard who's ESI from the anime Aldnoah Zero was literally abused by everyone, from the person who wrote the story to the fans. In the anime, he was in love with a princess (ESE) for years, then she got kidnapped and he was tortured by someone who wanted to know the princess place, he endured all the pain so he saves her and didn't speak a word about her place. Then some events happened and the circumstances made him turn into a bad guy (not really for me lol), he got hate from all the fans (except for few), but they forgot how he was tortured and his love and loyality for the princess which was his main motivator for all his actions (bad or good). Literally everyone misunderstood him (and I feel this happens too irl for ESIs). At the end, he wanted to sacrifice himself for his planet Mars because he felt bad about what he had done, but he got arrested on earth and put in Jail for his entire life, while the shitty princess didn't give a damn about him, when he did everything to save her. And another stupid character got the credit for it all. It's like so freaking sad, to see an awesome/honest/loyal/kind character like him end up lonely/misunderstood and in addition the person he loved the most betraying him.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    That's great post imo (if I understood it correctly, my english is not very good). I was thinking lately of how this character Slaine Troyard who's ESI from the anime Aldnoah Zero was literally abused by everyone, from the person who wrote the story to the fans. In the anime, he was in love with a princess (ESE) for years, then she got kidnapped and he was tortured by someone who wanted to know the princess place, he endured all the pain so he saves her and didn't speak a word about her place. Then some events happened and the circumstances made him turn into a bad guy (not really for me lol), he got hate from all the fans (except for few), but they forgot how he was tortured and his love and loyality for the princess which was his main motivator for all his actions (bad or good). Literally everyone misunderstood him (and I feel this happens too irl for ESIs). At the end, he wanted to sacrifice himself for his planet Mars because he felt bad about what he had done, but he got arrested on earth and put in Jail for his entire life, while the shitty princess didn't give a damn about him, when he did everything to save her. And another stupid character got the credit for it all. It's like so freaking sad, to see an awesome/honest/loyal/kind character like him end up lonely/misunderstood and in addition the person he loved the most betraying him.
    Thank you. Now I kind of regret that I've dropped the series after a few episodes. But as far as I can tell from your summary (and your English is at least as good mine) it fits the ESI description pretty well.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Thank you. Now I kind of regret that I've dropped the series after a few episodes. But as far as I can tell from your summary (and your English is at least as good mine) it fits the ESI description pretty well.
    You should continue. I don't think I've seen this kind of information anywhere about ESIs. I'll read the rest of the series! Thank you for the efforts.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fiction, it would probably be ESI (humble person with strong morals that reluctantly becomes a hero).
    In the real world, it would most likely be EIE (charismatic person who unites people under a shared ideal).

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'd probably add zuko from avatar: the last airbender to that list because that is probably one of my favorite character arcs of all the time

it's interesting because aang is technically the protagonist and for most intents and purposes he is "the chosen one" by virtue of being the avatar, which is similar to how naruto was unceremoniously chosen to be kyuubi's host, but i feel like zuko's arc is more loyal to "the chosen one" formula. aang and naruto are the stereotypical heroes of their respective stories, but then you have these two side plots featuring well-intentioned but heavily misunderstood characters who embark on personal journeys to seek comeuppance for an accumulation of pain and hardship that they experienced at the hands of their loved ones throughout their lives. it's hard to articulate because it doesn't feel like a struggle between "good" and "evil", it feels more like a struggle between "good" in an objective sense vs. "good" in a subjective sense, which only manifests as "evil" because eradicating that initial "evil" requires matching the severity of that "evil" with an equal or stronger force, it wants to produce something "good", even if that "good"ness is misled in some ways.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm kind of doubting very low Te spastic capacity to carry out certain things.
    This leads me to think an extrotim as there is a need for some charisma as well.

That person could probably function in either ethical or logical realm. It depends on task at hand.
    People would usually assume ethical which is not true in many cases. Logicals do not make so great stories.
    There are only few movies about zany logical dudes and even then it tends to be about schizophrenic mathematicians (introtims).

Traditionally and realistically some of the qualities are: transformational, visionary, connective, rebellious. EIE fits the best.

But the movie.... ESi could fit.

[I have never had patience to watch space soapies (like Star Wars). So boring. I would genuinely find the most cumbersome lecture on Youtube more thrilling.]
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 05-26-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

normative Te is a must on resume to be the chosen one