User Tag List

Thread: Hiya

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hiya

Hey there everyone, I'm Ryuu. I typed as an SLE (ESTp) and am looking forward to interacting with people here! I enjoy working out, sports, gaming, anime, and cosplay!
    Last edited by Ryuu; 08-08-2018 at 06:07 AM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Ryuu Welcome! SLE female here. What have you cosplayed before?
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

geeky SLE which likes anime and cosplay

you may get other opinions about your type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey @niffer, That's awesome. I've done a lot, but a few are the Joker, Link from Legend of Zelda, Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, Darth Vader, Star-Lord, Halo master chief, Zero Kiryu from Vampire Knight, L from Death Note, Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Goku from Dragon Ball Z, Sephiroth and Zack Fair from Final Fantasy games, Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist, Gray Fullbuster, and Sebastian from Black Butler. There are more, but those are the ones most people are likely to recognize I think. The more popular well-known characters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So @Sol... are you trying to say I can't be SLE and enjoy nerdy stuff? It's true though so Idk what else to say. *shrugs*

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
    are you trying to say I can't be SLE and enjoy nerdy stuff?
    It's more chance that type is other. It's about probability.
    Too many mistakes in types.

> It's true though so Idk what else to say.

I'd gathered more opinions about the type and then thought about them with more attention. It's not hard to record 10 min clip with random talking about what you like, your hobbies or about yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol, I've taken the test many times and have always gotten SLE. I still like geeky stuff though and probably always will. It is what it is. I'm a bit of a walking paradox in many regards. That's why I said people consider me "unusual". I'm not a stereotype.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've taken the test many times and have always gotten SLE
    If some test has 50% accuracy it's wonderful. As they all are similar, then even doing many "different" tests would not rise the accuracy to high one. For example, I saw when people by some test got 3 wrong dichotomies and then thought that type as own for years.

> I'm not a stereotype.

Based on what you've said here SLE is very doubtful. With normal typing material it will be possibly to try understand to what types you fit more. The task is to find the best fitting type to you, you do not need to be complete "stereotype" and noone is such. Though the lesser you fit to some type in core things - the lesser probability this type is yours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If some test has 50% accuracy it's wonderful. As they all are similar, then even doing many "different" tests would not rise the accuracy to high one. For example, I saw when people by some test got 3 wrong dichotomies and then thought that type as own for years.

> I'm not a stereotype.

Based on what you've said here SLE is very doubtful. With normal typing material it will be possibly to try understand to what types you fit more. The task is to find the best fitting type to you, you do not need to be complete "stereotype" and noone is such. Though the lesser you fit to some type in core things - the lesser probability this type is yours.
    Okay then... I've tried to be patient but now I gotta be honest here. I'm finding your attitude rather rude and it reeks of feeling superiority over someone you do not know. You know nothing about me so I don't appreciate being told I'm wrong about my own frickin personality. Good Lord. Anime and geeky things are a freaking INTEREST. They don't define me or anyone else. There are SLE's who enjoy nerd culture and anime. I'm Asian and anime is part of my culture. (But even if it wasn't, then you'd still be stereotyping people which is not okay. You can be any race and have any personality and you can still like anime and geek stuff. It's delusional to think otherwise.) May I suggest you get your head out of the sand. I'm not gonna be talked to like I'm an idiot. I know me. You don't. End. Of. Story. Putting people in a box is what some MBTI people get wrong. Pesonality types aren't always programmed to have certain interests, as culture, upbringing, conditioning, as well as many other factors also have a role to play so get over yourself. Now please excuse me because I'm gonna go play my video game now. I don't have tolerance for BS like this.
    Last edited by Ryuu; 05-05-2018 at 12:35 AM.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay then... I've tried to be patient but now I gotta be honest here. I'm finding your attitude rather rude and it reeks of feeling superiority over someone you do not know. You know nothing about me so I don't appreciate being told I'm wrong about my own frickin personality.

Good Lord. Anime and geeky things are a freaking INTEREST. They don't define me or anyone else. There are SLE's who enjoy nerd culture and anime. I'm Asian and anime is part of my culture. (But even if it wasn't, then you'd still be stereotyping people which is not okay. You can be any race and have any personality and you can still like anime and geek stuff. It's delusional to think otherwise.) May I suggest you get your head out of the sand. I'm not gonna be talked to like I'm an idiot. I know me. You don't. End. Of. Story. Putting people in a box is what some MBTI people get wrong. Pesonality types aren't always programmed to have certain interests, as culture, upbringing, conditioning, as well as many other factors also have a role to play so get over yourself. Now please excuse me because I'm gonna go play my video game now. I don't have tolerance for BS like this.
    Welcome to 16types. I see that one of our resident inquisitors has chosen to break you in early

As a rule, one should try to avoid drawing connections between one's interests and personality type (I know an SLE who is interested in hairdressing, for example), and instead focus on the style and inflection, as well as the motives behind the choice. I have a running debate with certain individuals about the merits of such typing...but ultimately, whatever you tell us is what you will be assessed on.

Feel free to submit a thread in the Type Me section if you want an analysis done of your personality.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no reason why SLEs should not cosplay. It doesn't require some extraordinary skills and it can be possibly done by any type, given you can buy costumes on ebay. Or maybe that SLE would not like it? Tastes are various and if it can possibly be done (as I just said) than there will be people who will like it.

By the way SLE are generally skilled in various areas and there's little SLE can't do, so analogously, there's probably little they would not do.