Stupidity.

Labeling people.

Bs.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you like brain teasers?

I find that ego types enjoy brain teasers.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You destroy a system and leave only chaos behind from system perspective. How 'bout dat?

PoLR when received is just pain in the butt. I don't say it is the weakest skill. Sometimes a person might even indulge in it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    You destroy a system and leave only chaos behind from system perspective. How 'bout dat?
    One more peculiarity is the element of chaos and destruction that ENTps bring to every field of their activity. This is especially noticeable in well established institutions where strong discipline is commonplace. However, they implement this chaotic element creatively, generating reform from the destruction.

http://www.socionics.com/prof/entp.htm

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    One more peculiarity is the element of chaos and destruction that ENTps bring to every field of their activity. This is especially noticeable in well established institutions where strong discipline is commonplace. However, they implement this chaotic element creatively, generating reform from the destruction.

http://www.socionics.com/prof/entp.htm
    Yes I do that. However chaos is only temporary condition in a process.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your success in your next job consists of classifying items into categories. Maybe you have to spend your days assigning phone numbers to the people in your organization and keeping track of them all. Or you have to sort a huge pile of preserved flowers into their particular Genus/species bags. Or you spend your days listing all the reactions that ammonium nitrate can have in a nitrogen-oxygen-water vapor atmosphere at standard temperature and pressure. That's your job. That's how you spend your whole day. Every day, forever.

If this sounds like fun, you aren't Ti-PoLR.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Your success in your next job consists of classifying items into categories. Maybe you have to spend your days assigning phone numbers to the people in your organization and keeping track of them all. Or you have to sort a huge pile of preserved flowers into their particular Genus/species bags. Or you spend your days listing all the reactions that ammonium nitrate can have in a nitrogen-oxygen-water vapor atmosphere at standard temperature and pressure. That's your job. That's how you spend your whole day. Every day, forever.

That sounds deeply uninteresting to me.

I tend to have no interest in focusing on related things.

I think your description applies to anyone who values over however, regardless of strength.

Same with my brain teaser example - those are very . In my family at Xmas, I remember my LSI uncle giving out brain teasers once and my two cousins who are SLE and ILE jumped on it with passion, where I couldn't be arsed to focus on it for two seconds. It seems any kind of focusing on internal mechanisms quickly loses my interest.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think ILI's can still get into that kind of stuff from computing perspective.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

no video -> weak T

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post

Labeling people.
    Isn't that the point?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    See? No one even dare.

Stupidity.

Labeling people.

Bs.
    Ti labels people.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

It's not "fun" per se to me. I would say I'm not terribly interested in classifying items into categories without some reasonings behind that (that is, if I just have to follow some predetermined rules for it), let alone assign phone numbers to the people in the organization and keeping track of them all or especially this thing about mindlessly listing reactions for the ammonium nitrate stuff unless you mean the reactions have to be computed at first according to some model. I'm okay with doing all this though. I'm more ok with it than with certain brain teasers heh. Then some other ones are totally interesting, sure.

EDIT: Maybe it's just that Ti is pretty emotionally neutral... so it's hard to call it "fun". Or more like, it doesn't seem very intellectually challenging to do the phone numbers. It's just a really neutral activity to me.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    It's not "fun" per se to me. I would say I'm not terribly interested in classifying items into categories without some reasonings behind that (that is, if I just have to follow some predetermined rules for it), let alone assign phone numbers to the people in the organization and keeping track of them all or especially this thing about mindlessly listing reactions for the ammonium nitrate stuff unless you mean the reactions have to be computed at first according to some model. I'm okay with doing all this though. I'm more ok with it than with certain brain teasers heh. Then some other ones are totally interesting, sure.

EDIT: Maybe it's just that Ti is pretty emotionally neutral... so it's hard to call it "fun". Or more like, it doesn't seem very intellectually challenging to do the phone numbers. It's just a really neutral activity to me.
    @Myst, in truth, I was trying to highlight the worst features of Ti (from my perspective) so @idontgiveaf could have an extreme example to bounce off. I personally think that classification and rule-building are some of the most valuable things that humans do. I just personally prefer working with processes and paying much less attention to standards and exceptions to the rules. I'm kind of sloppy that way, I admit it.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst, in truth, I was trying to highlight the worst features of Ti (from my perspective) so @idontgiveaf could have an extreme example to bounce off. I personally think that classification and rule-building are some of the most valuable things that humans do. I just personally prefer working with processes and paying much less attention to standards and exceptions to the rules. I'm kind of sloppy that way, I admit it.
    Ah ok, makes sense.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see categories/rules as a flexible foundation upon which you can produce something new (a bit like an instruction sheet), but they're not of any value in and of themselves, just useful boundaries to give shape to your idea/s as they grow. I am much less concerned by imperfection as I am a lack of utility. I don't ask "is this correct or not?" but "will this to useful to me at some point, or not?" For example, while I am curious about calculus, series, progressions and ratios of numbers and how they evolve, and I would enjoy learning how to differentiate, unless I had some purpose in the back of my mind to fuel the endeavour, I would not spend the time required - another opportunity would take my attention.

I think that hints at a difference between strong, valued Ti users and the rest of us. For good or ill, most people don't spend hours and hours scrutinising a theory like Socionics for pleasure. I am much too goal-oriented to do that, I will naturally filter out any ideas that will have a poor outcome, and therefore dislike people who regurgitate large volumes of low quality information - especially if their input has not be asked for.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 04-26-2018 at 01:56 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    I see categories/rules as a flexible foundation upon which you can produce something new (a bit like an instruction sheet), but they're not of any value in and of themselves, just useful boundaries to give shape to your idea/s as they grow. I am much less concerned by imperfection as I am a lack of utility. I don't ask "is this correct or not?" but "will this to useful to me at some point, or not?" For example, while I am curious about calculus, series, progressions and ratios of numbers and how they evolve, and I would enjoy learning how to differentiate, unless I had some purpose in the back of my mind to fuel the endeavour, I would not spend the time required - another opportunity would take my attention.

I think that hints at a difference between strong, valued Ti users and the rest of us. For good or ill, most people don't spend hours and hours scrutinising a theory like Socionics for pleasure. I am much too goal-oriented to do that, I will naturally filter out any ideas that will have a poor outcome, and therefore dislike people who regurgitate large volumes of low quality information - especially if their input has not be asked for.
    Actually, as Ti valuer, I'm goal oriented like you, I mostly care about theories if I can apply them in the real world for my goals. I got what I needed from Socionics a while ago, I just hang around here a bit sometimes to post here and there, I no longer scrutinize the theory lol.

Also I was told by an SLE-Se - @Ananke - on here that she sees Socionics as a logic game so she liked to play with it for hours or something. I don't do that... I take my understanding of things more seriously for application in the real world. Apparently that's because SLEs take Ti less seriously lol, according to the theory - but it also makes sense from a Jungian pov, the Rational will is linked to Ti as the dominant function with its agenda requiring that there be some point to the theory.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think lately my interest has been to blow socionics into pieces and put together fresher one fused with newer stuff to make it more complicated. I need more info and follow stuff. Yesterday my brain produced interesting images.

Maybe someday but I'm not sure ...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@idontgiveaf What is LIE's demonstrative function? No cheating.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

no one thinks thats fun

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    no one thinks thats fun
    My LII sister, who actually does have the phone job I described, says it’s perfect for her.

Other Ti-dom’s mileage may vary.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    @idontgiveaf What is LIE's demonstrative function? No cheating.
    I think OP dropped off the map permenantly so don't expect an answer. I don't understand how certain people can get so dramatic about shit like this but whatever.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I loled. It is kind of funny I guess...in like a trolly way to certain people's sensitivities.
    good bye