Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, urAnus is Alpha/Beta.
    good bye

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess there is something both ironic and unfortunate about the planet that is archetypically related to revolution and rebellion being called Uranus [derived from the Greek Οὐρανός (Ouranós) meaning "sky, heaven"]. True progress involves the evolution of childrearing, the evolution of society and art, and people who aren't afraid of the truth. Violent revolutions (especially by themselves) don't produce meaningful change and progress.

http://astrologyforaquarius.com/glob...nd-technology/

"Uranus is no ordinary planet. He’s an extremist with a rebellious attitude – a highly disruptive change-agent . . . Uranus is an astrological eccentricity – an oddity – an originator, inventor, innovator, independent thinker, rebel, maverick, fringe-dweller, bohemian and misfit."

I agree with the correlations posted by lavos.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The sun and the moon aren't planets. Pluto is still up for debate. What if there are planets undiscovered? Why doesn't earth have the largest influence?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astrology considers a lot of things "planets". I'm not really an expert. Since we're born on Earth, it's placement doesn't matter as much. It's like the centre of the chart I guess.

Anyway, I was still thinking about the planet Uranus, and I think the best "name" for it in terms of archetypes and mythology might be "Prometheus". At least I think it's a Promethean archetype, and I may have read that elsewhere too. In terms of Alphas & Betas, I can think of people like Ayn Rand (ILE-Ti), Victor Hugo (ESE-Fe), Jules Verne (ESE-Si?/ILE?) & Courtney Love (SLE-Se), Karl Marx (IEI-Ni?), Malcolm X (EIE?), etc.
    Last edited by HERO; 01-16-2023 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Nebula, they're actually called "luminaries" in astrology, but for making things more simple they're commonly called planets (just because they're read like the other planets in the charts, by the way: "planet"= wandering object). Pluto is still up for debate and it's just another confirmation of how astrology doesn't need science's pov to read the objects out there; we believe that it's the sun to revolve around the earth in astrology, and it works just fine ) And yes, planet Earth is very important, but astrology is a cosmos, every planet in our solar system got created together with the Sun, so we're just one big thing, our destiny is dependable on the overall balance of all the parts, you say Earth is important and it sure is, but Earth alone would not survive without all the other 7+ planets, it would not be like it is without the Moon, it would not exist without the Sun.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    The sun and the moon aren't planets. Pluto is still up for debate. What if there are planets undiscovered? Why doesn't earth have the largest influence?
    ur mom
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    ur mom
    Yes, matter over mind.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    @Nebula, they're actually called "luminaries" in astrology, but for making things more simple they're commonly called planets (just because they're read like the other planets in the charts, by the way: "planet"= wandering object). Pluto is still up for debate and it's just another confirmation of how astrology doesn't need science's pov to read the objects out there; we believe that it's the sun to revolve around the earth in astrology, and it works just fine ) And yes, planet Earth is very important, but astrology is a cosmos, every planet in our solar system got created together with the Sun, so we're just one big thing, our destiny is dependable on the overall balance of all the parts, you say Earth is important and it sure is, but Earth alone would not survive without all the other 7+ planets, it would not be like it is without the Moon, it would not exist without the Sun.

It doesn't matter what astrologists want to call a planet in the modern world. They are clearly ignorant and incorrect. It was excusable during the Middle Ages, when most astronomers thought that the sun was a planet because they mistakenly thought it revolved around the earth and did not know it was a star. There wasn't the distinction we have today between moons, planets, and stars. This should be a good thing.

Pluto wasn't even discovered until 1930, so it wasn't ever included in astrology mythology in the first. Why it is suddenly incorporated seems silly and deceiving.

Let me ask you, do you seriously believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    It doesn't matter what astrologists want to call a planet in the modern world. They are clearly ignorant and incorrect. It was excusable during the Middle Ages, when most astronomers thought that the sun was a planet because they mistakenly thought it revolved around the earth and did not know it was a star. There wasn't the distinction we have today between moons, planets, and stars. This should be a good thing.

Pluto wasn't even discovered until 1930, so it wasn't ever included in astrology mythology in the first. Why it is suddenly incorporated seems silly and deceiving.

Let me ask you, do you seriously believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth?
    Well it doesn't matter because astrologers don't call the star Sun a planet anyway. Obviously we don't even believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth either but we still use that system to calculate our charts, and that's actually perfectly ok because if you take one of the 2 points as reference it changes little in terms of predicting the movements of the other objects, and from here it just makes more sense to calculate the solar system distances from us, because we are the subjects our chart, or events in general that happen on here, not on the Sun. Pluto was studied and researched broadly in astrology in the last century, where many things speeded up in astrology and computers and statistical data were taking place. The correlations found with Pluto were convincing and are now supported by enough experience. Its symbology is just an enrichment to all that we know, not something to disprove astrology or mock it for. Most astrologers believe in trans-neptunian planets hiding there to be discovered, so it's not like we're all fixed to some idea of how the universe gotta be like, although many other astrologers are. Anyway... yeah believe whatever you wish : )

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Well it doesn't matter because astrologers don't call the star Sun a planet anyway. Obviously we don't even believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth either but we still use that system to calculate our charts, and that's actually perfectly ok because if you take one of the 2 points as reference it changes little in terms of predicting the movements of the other objects, and from here it just makes more sense to calculate the solar system distances from us, because we are the subjects our chart, or events in general that happen on here, not on the Sun. Pluto was studied and researched broadly in astrology in the last century, where many things speeded up in astrology and computers and statistical data were taking place. The correlations found with Pluto were convincing and are now supported by enough experience. Its symbology is just an enrichment to all that we know, not something to disprove astrology or mock it for. Most astrologers believe in trans-neptunian planets hiding there to be discovered, so it's not like we're all fixed to some idea of how the universe gotta be like, although many other astrologers are. Anyway... yeah believe whatever you wish : )
    There are no such correlations, but okay, yeah....believe whatever you wish.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Astrology =/= Socionics

Ti polr

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@HERO

I love this horoscope: https://www.freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/

(what's your Sun sign?)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Astrology =/= Socionics
    True.
    Planetary constellations don't have any effect on the personality of people.
    Astrology is humbug.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More complete here https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ified-Model-B)

I'm bumping this to ask a question. Does anybody understand the significance/consequence/implications , if this correlation I made is 1:1 ?
    Last edited by lavos; 10-13-2022 at 06:11 AM.