Thread: Period Hacks

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Period Hacks

Always good to share tips with my fellow ladies. What do you use, what remedies? Disclaimer: Some are universal, some only work for one woman and not the other. If you have some super metal stories or psychological concerns this is also the place for you.

I'll be starting out:

---> I track my period with this app (it's German, but you might find related ones there)
    ---> Apple/Cranberry/Pomegranate juice compensates for iron deficiency
    ---> This Yoga position relieves cramps
    ---> The herbal tea I used was taken off the market I don't remember the ingredients. But I found this Fennel tea on Youtube:

---> I use Ibuprofen 400 mg, pain and dizziness is pretty much gone completely and I can function as a human
    ---> No prominent side effects beside being overly calm. But that's good I can't complain. My normal state without pills is a raging mess — hormonezzz
    ---> For breakouts I use Argan oil recently, it's high in linoleic acids for oily skin. BHA doesn't really work. Only moisture is key.
    ---> Beware to distinguish from fungal acne
    ---> Meditation music favorite, jungle atmosphere

More to come! Currently I'm planning to invest in a diva cup to ditch tampons, they're annoying/chemically questionable/too much waste.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there's like a bunch of flash games online that let you unleash your period frustration on unsuspecting stick figures with various weaponry

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can drink your Ibuprofen with Coke or Pepsi and if you're desperate pulverize the painkillers first.

Those who always have to vomit from the pain know what I mean.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you don't have a tampon, roll up toilet paper tightly and stuff it up

black coffee in the morning
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exercise to relieve menstrual cramps (walk)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard a sock works well if your out of tampons.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sometimes i go entire periods without using pads. i just layer a lot of TP into a chunk and stuff that in my underpants. Si ignoring?

I have yet to try these out but I just thought of it:
    - hella saran wrap your mattress if you accidentally leak a lot and care about your mattress

OR

- put pet pads under your sleeping area LOL

- just go all out and wear a full on adult diaper, and no pants. when bf comes home, say "daddy's home!" how to repair any infantile-caregiver relationship.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just found some interesting and hyper useful feminists period hacks:

-stick your pads to random light poles so you can get ppl touching them unwillingly.

-wear white pants and dont use pads/tampons.

-paint some art and get some money.

-use it as facial mask.

-Drink it.

Last edited by Hope; 04-16-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I just found some interesting and hyper useful feminists period hacks:

-stick your pads to random light poles so you can get ppl touching them unwillingly.

-wear white pants and dont use pads/tampons.

-paint some art and get some money.

-use it as facial mask.

-Drink it.

Omg.. There's literally one girl on the Internet who drinks her blood from her tampons.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 girl 1 tampon

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Omg.. There's literally one girl on the Internet who drinks her blood from her tampons.
    Yeah, ppl these days

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can thanos have periods? He is a ficitional character so i'm assuming they can work it in somehow as a side power or something...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important: check if your tampons are bio cotton, otherwise you bet there are pesticides in them. Most cotton gets sprayed several times a year. The thing is, it won't get declared on the box. It'll be different in the EU than America. Also, change every 6-8 hours if you don't wanna die in a ditch with TSS this shit is serious

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    You can drink your Ibuprofen with Coke or Pepsi and if you're desperate pulverize the painkillers first.

Those who always have to vomit from the pain know what I mean.

Coke and Pepsi are highly acidic and already bad for the stomach, it's worse than drinking pure vinegar. They reduce the hydrochloric acid that's already there, the pH gets lowered, then the soda has harming effects. The nutrients you need can't get absorbed, that's particularly bad since periods cause deficiencies and you need your extra vegetables.

The longer you try this, the more sensitive your stomach becomes. That means nothing good when swallowing potentially disruptive — pulverized... — medication on top of that. I wouldn't try it. Too aggressive if your digestive system is already disturbed, combined with the excess sugar in them you sign up for making things worse long-term. How I go about it:

a) chug water: Water has a balancing pH
    b) taking the pill half or a quarter day at best before your period starts, it works wonders. You can predict it by feeling and a calendar. No desperation needed.
    c) chug more water... and eat snacks that are alkaline. Pretzel sticks if you want to go the German way. But don't! Pour! Literal! Fucking! Acid! Into your system!

Extra tip:
    c) to swallow pills correctly you tilt your head forward, chin to chest, it opens the esophagus. Completely painless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Important: check if your tampons are bio cotton, otherwise you bet there are pesticides in them. Most cotton gets sprayed several times a year. The thing is, it won't get declared on the box. It'll be different in the EU than America. Also, change every 6-8 hours if you don't wanna die in a ditch with TSS this shit is serious
    good catch..

if bio cotton tampons are hard to find, bio cotton is fine as well.. will require some extra finger action so make sure you have wet tissues with you in case a lavatory is not available where u change. if u forgot the wet tissues, use the toilet paper and put it under the fresh water that comes out when you flush. important note: fresh water = not the water that already exists. keep in mind that old water comes higher up during the flushing turbulence https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_dynamics

it's just silly to catch stuff from flushing but if sth is meant to be..

we are in this together <3

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I tried the pet pad thing yesterday and it worked LOL

Also this snack: bananas in pieces with coconut shavings on top eaten with a spoon like cereal

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

my main problem is depression suicidal thoughts couple of days before period or i have it a longer period of time after my period
    thinking about going to the dr and getting antidepressants only to take during that time

sometimes during my period i get random stabbing sensations in my butthole and its horrible

for period pain ive started taking pain killers before the pain even starts (my period usually starts before the pain) and i think that helps

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manjac View Post
    my main problem is depression suicidal thoughts couple of days before period or i have it a longer period of time after my period
    thinking about going to the dr and getting antidepressants only to take during that time

sometimes during my period i get random stabbing sensations in my butthole and its horrible

for period pain ive started taking pain killers before the pain even starts (my period usually starts before the pain) and i think that helps
    Damn this is hard Antidepressants are vicious, be careful. I don't think it's possible to take them temporarily as far as I know, it's a medication where you have to wait first and then pull through. Either the entire month or half the cycle, not less for 2-4 days for example. Getting them might even make your bleeding much heavier and fuck things up further. You may try to focus your diet on everything that stabilizes mood and serotonin in the first place, depression is not the person's flaw but in the sheer chemistry (duh, that's why you get SSRIs for it). Period hormonal imbalance aggravates that.

Over here is pretty much the exact opposite, I get increased T days beforehand and turn into an anger bomb. But it usually just lifts the veil of feelings that have already been there. Lowered inhibition, voilà. When I work on that, my thoughts are calmer. When I embrace it, better: I tell myself that my body does not work against me. There is a reason for everything. And often the overall social situation is involved, but that's another discussion which is more spiritual. Bottom line is: Salmon, nuts, pineapples, turkey, eggs, cheese, tofu. And: Taking painkillers before going to bed usually works best. Something else that will probably backfire when seeing the Doc: getting prescribed birth control hormones to counter the state. I tried that and as above... just a temporary fix, and more toxic stuff for the body Docs can never be trusted, they are businessmen in disguise. All the best to you, it sounds really tough :/

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

'IT WAS HELL' Model has right leg amputated after ‘flu’ turned out to be deadly toxic shock syndrome from a tampon...
    https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/www....se-second/amp/

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Chae f my gynecologist then. Last time I was there she said: "It get's better after your first child." Which is another period hack I gues. Just have a baby.

Es hieß "Es wirkt schneller wenn Sie es mit Cola einnehmen."

I guess I'll just do yoga lol

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have cramps you have to take pain killers before the cramps start. At least that's how it goes for me. Also, cut back on dairy like the week leading up to your period. Avoid pepsi or just caffeine in general. And don't let yourself get hungry, ever. And bananas are supposed to help.

These are things I've figured out after a lot of trial and error. They work for me, might not work for everyone else.

I feel like doing yoga is shit. Like it doesn't help. I tried it once and it just made the pain worse.

But overall the pain killers are the #1 thing. Without them I'd be doomed.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome