Thread: What should I watch next? Delta entertainment

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What should I watch next? Delta entertainment

I have Netflix and Hulu and I'm about out of things to watch. I mostly watch the same things over and over. I love comedy, particularly stand-up, but I'm open to any and all suggestions. I also like documentaries and stuff like that. Usually not into anything too dramatic or violent, but I kind of want to expand my options a bit. I'm also open to suggestions for music and movies.

So yeah, what are you (Delta) folks watching? What are you waiting for more of? A quick synopsis in your own words would be great too, but whatever.

Thanks!

Edit: Podcasts and youtube channels too!
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 04-07-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ohoho I am rubbing my hands in a very Ne way

This is Penny's guide to Delta entertainment and it goes as follows:

Shows:
    The Fullerverse. It's not a show, but it's basically the thread holding together some of Bryan Fuller shows. You might've heard of him from "Hannibal" or "American Gods" but I recommemd checking out EVERY show of his as the narratives and world-building is very Delta in my opinion. The shows that I recommend here are "Pushing Daisies", "Dead Like Me" and "Wonderfalls". Dead like me, for example, has some dark Ne humour as it portrays funny ways that someone could die. Yet it keeps everything serious with Fi, making and breaking relationships, characters who seek a comfortable lifestyle (Si) and presents the struggle of the main character, a dead 18-year old girl who became a Reaper, soul-collecting while also dealing with a boring office job.

As for movies, every romcom possible really.
    Wes Anderson movies ("Moonrise Kingdom", "Grand Budapest Hotel", "Isle of dogs".)
    I also found Twin Peaks to be a blast and it blows me away with its wonderfully-woven characters, plot and soundtrack...Even though it's mostly just two songs.

I don't like New wave comedy or comedy overal as i feel most of it tries too hard to be "edgy" and sell out. I love Bo Burnham's stuff though. He is a musical comedian. I think his humour is more of the Alpha variety but its witty and i love it, unlike most of the balls-to-the-walls humour nowadays.

That's about it from me!
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Ohoho I am rubbing my hands in a very Ne way

This is Penny's guide to Delta entertainment and it goes as follows:

Shows:
    The Fullerverse. It's not a show, but it's basically the thread holding together some of Bryan Fuller shows. You might've heard of him from "Hannibal" or "American Gods" but I recommemd checking out EVERY show of his as the narratives and world-building is very Delta in my opinion. The shows that I recommend here are "Pushing Daisies", "Dead Like Me" and "Wonderfalls". Dead like me, for example, has some dark Ne humour as it portrays funny ways that someone could die. Yet it keeps everything serious with Fi, making and breaking relationships, characters who seek a comfortable lifestyle (Si) and presents the struggle of the main character, a dead 18-year old girl who became a Reaper, soul-collecting while also dealing with a boring office job.

As for movies, every romcom possible really.
    Wes Anderson movies ("Moonrise Kingdom", "Grand Budapest Hotel", "Isle of dogs".)
    I also found Twin Peaks to be a blast and it blows me away with its wonderfully-woven characters, plot and soundtrack...Even though it's mostly just two songs.

I don't like New wave comedy or comedy overal as i feel most of it tries too hard to be "edgy" and sell out. I love Bo Burnham's stuff though. He is a musical comedian. I think his humour is more of the Alpha variety but its witty and i love it, unlike most of the balls-to-the-walls humour nowadays.

That's about it from me!
    The only things I'm familiar with on this list are Dead Like Me and Bo Burnham. My ex made me watch a few episodes of Dead Like Me and I actually quite enjoyed it. I may have to look into watching the rest of it on my own. I've always heard of Pushing Daisies but I have no idea where to watch it or what it's actually about. I'll have to look into it. Twin Peaks is another one I hear great things about but have no idea what it's about. It doesn't sound like my genre at all, but like I said I am looking to expand my genres lol.

Bo Burnham...I liked him when I was younger but a year or so ago I tried to watch his Netflix special and couldn't even finish it. Something I don't like about him now. I agree that most comedy tries too hard to be edgy, but I often like edge. I love Louis C.K. but don't much care for Daniel Tosh. Two different types of edge I guess. I don't like comedians who yell too much though. Except Dane Cook. A lot of people say that about him and although I am a bit ashamed to admit it I love Dane Cook.

Hannibal is another one I've always been curious about. Thanks for the recommendations!
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 04-07-2018 at 03:15 PM.

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beavis and butthead do america

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hahahaha

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hahahahahahahahHahahHH

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAGAHAHAGAHHAHhGsgdudicbn

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm serious. It's amusing because the reason for there entire mis-adventure is rooted in a wrongful interpretation in meaning of the term "do", in addition to a variety of odd improbable occurences happening in their favor. These two reasons make it a very fine comedy in my opinion for deltas, and I suppose alphas. It's all very nonsensical and "Ne" centric...

It would bother me if a delta NF would misinterpret my statement as a subtle targeted insult in any number of directions when it only existed as an honest suggestion, albeit mildly trollish.
    Last edited by nyessss; 04-08-2018 at 07:14 AM.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh I was only laughing because it went from wes anderson to beavis and butt-head. the contrast amused me greatly

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Taboo was not bad.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muhtempus View Post
    beavis and butthead do america
    Lol is Beavis and Butthead actually something I would like? I love adult cartoons but that show always looked unappealing to me. My dad loved it back in the day though and he is Delta as well, SLI.

My favorites:
    King of the Hill
    Rick and Morty (obvs)
    Anything Seth McFarlane
    Metalocalypse
    The Boondocks
    Archer
    Bob's Burgers

I have mixed feelings about South Park and I find Futurama and The Simpsons a bit dull.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna bump just to second Twin Peaks. Also has one of the best pilot episodes I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Gonna bump just to second Twin Peaks. Also has one of the best pilot episodes I've ever seen.

*Cries in Donna*
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

gilmore girls is delta

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would of course second (or third) Twin Peaks. One of the best shows of all time. Other classic shows like American Gothic (1995-'96), about a small town sheriff who is evil and has supernatural powers, and basically controls the happenings of the entire town. If they don't do as he please, they will pay a dark price. A young boy named Caleb is caught between good and evil, his dead sister comes to visit him, and the evil sheriff wants to take him under his wing, like a father. Has a lot of dark and witty humor from the sheriff as well. Nowhere Man (1995-'96) is a great show about a man who gets his identity erased. The locks in his photo studio are suddenly changed, the bank doesn't recognize his card, and everybody he knows act like they don't recognize him. Even his wife and his mother act like they don't know him. So it's a big conspiracy going on.
    I've also been watching a lot of the Sopranos (1999-2007) again recently.
    I also love the strange and absurd comedies of Tim & Eric. Shows like Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job! and Check It Out with Dr. Steve Brule. Not sure how Delta they are though. Maybe Alpha, or maybe Beta (?) because of the speed. It's like comedy for people with ADD. On Cinema At the Cinema, I feel, is very NF humor, but not necessarily Delta.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised when someone responds to this lol.

I tried Gilmore Girls based on this thread and I actually thought I would like it, but I didn't make it very far. I found it pretty boring. Maybe I should give it more of a chance. I'm not even sure I finished one episode.

I haven't tried Twin Peaks. It doesn't really sound up my alley, but I hear nothing but great things about it.

I'm getting so few recommendations for comedies which is pretty much all I watch. Maybe I am Alpha afterall? D:
    @andreasdevig Thanks for the other suggestions, I will check them out!

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schwiftyrickty View Post
    Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised when someone responds to this lol.

I tried Gilmore Girls based on this thread and I actually thought I would like it, but I didn't make it very far. I found it pretty boring. Maybe I should give it more of a chance. I'm not even sure I finished one episode.

I haven't tried Twin Peaks. It doesn't really sound up my alley, but I hear nothing but great things about it.

I'm getting so few recommendations for comedies which is pretty much all I watch. Maybe I am Alpha afterall? D:
    @andreasdevig Thanks for the other suggestions, I will check them out!
    I feel bad. Maybe I should've catered my post more to your tastes and preferences of what to watch. If you don't like too much violence or drama or things of that nature, those shows I mentioned might not be your cup of tea, except for maybe the comedies. They're not stand-up, though. I don't watch much stand-up, to be honest.
    There's a show called Aqua Teen Hunger Force. You might know it, but if you don't.. you might like it if you like adult cartoons. Not especially Delta vibes to it, but..