View Poll Results: what do you think Joy's 3rd function is?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ne

    3 33.33%
  • Si

    0 0%
  • Fi

    1 11.11%
  • Fe

    1 11.11%
  • Ti

    1 11.11%
  • Te

    2 22.22%
  • Ni

    1 11.11%
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Joy's 3rd function

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Joy's 3rd function

    I almost posted "Joy's role" but that set of words seems to irritate me for some reason

    Anyways, the 3rd function is a conscious function and should theoretically be useful for typing. No one has expressed belief that I am ENFp in like a year so I am not going to include Se.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I sorta didn't want to include Te but I have heard recent arguements for ENFj... so I didn't think I could leave it out in good conscience.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did you purposely leave out Se?
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Joy's 3rd function

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I almost posted "Joy's role" but that set of words seems to irritate me for some reason

    Anyways, the 3rd function is a conscious function and should theoretically be useful for typing. No one has expressed belief that I am ENFp in like a year so I am not going to include Se.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  5. #5
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Joy's 3rd function

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I almost posted "Joy's role" but that set of words seems to irritate me for some reason

    Anyways, the 3rd function is a conscious function and should theoretically be useful for typing. No one has expressed belief that I am ENFp in like a year so I am not going to include Se.
    I thought I had posted to this but maybe I clicked the wrong button...so i'll try again.

    ENFp isn't the only one with Se role. :wink:
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  6. #6
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn't see that, lol.

    Anyways, I can't take these threads seriously anymore (not that I ever have), because you never actually take the voters' choices into consideration. If a fair amount of people vote for something that you don't agree with, instead of taking their views into consideration, you back yourself up with some "You guys don't get Socionics" crap. Remember, that's going against the point of what these threads are supposed to do in the first place: let others give you ideas into considering your type. If you really 100% positive that you're a specific type (as you claim to be!), then don't make these type threads.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you did but I requested that the thread be deleted because of an error in the poll options

    I had replied, but I don't recall what I said

    anyways, if you don't see an option that you like, don't vote
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just as a reminder...

    Role Function
    weak
    accepting

    Your role function never wants to stand out. You always try to go with the normal social behavior in this function, because you are unsure of it. You do not like criticism in this function therefore you won't give it.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    should I assume the vote for IxTj was a joke?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay, if I throw out type entirely (ignore implications of having something as my 3rd or 4th function), I think Ti, Si, and Fe are the most likely choices for my 3rd and 4th functions. Ti doesn't bother me... I just find it boring and I think it can get in the way sometimes and obscure the point of something. I don't respond as negatively to criticism in Ti as I do to Si, and I don't think direct ciriticism in really Fe bothers me unless it's from an employer (in which case it's really uncomfortable). When it comes to criticism in Si, I am defenseless other than to tell people that it doesn't matter.

    I am neutral to Ne and value Ni, Te, and Fi. Se can go either way. When it's useful, I <3 Se. When it's excessive (from my perspective), it's irritating.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "oh, I'm so great and practical and I know all I need to know about finance so I will be RICH and all you losers will be poor because you have jobs 8 to 5 and all that..."
    I voted Te.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    "oh, I'm so great and practical and I know all I need to know about finance so I will be RICH and all you losers will be poor because you have jobs 8 to 5 and all that..."
    I voted Te.
    so that's how you are too?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    "oh, I'm so great and practical and I know all I need to know about finance so I will be RICH and all you losers will be poor because you have jobs 8 to 5 and all that..."
    I voted Te.
    so that's how you are too?
    Yeah almost. The difference is that I brag about becoming a scientist, which is another usage of Te. I suppose Fe dominant types like living Te roles.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  14. #14
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Yeah almost. The difference is that I brag about becoming a scientist, which is another usage of Te. I suppose Fe dominant types like living Te roles.
    Lol, no they don't. Most EXFjs wouldn't touch related things with a 10-foot people if they didn't have to, as it makes (most of) them horribly uncomfortable. Except for the really intelligent ones, as I think more intelligent people use more of their functions and use them well.
    lol. how about this - if a person has a very strong Fe, then that person excels at playing the chosen role in life. She's able to fool everyone that she's actually a Te type. Even herself. :wink:
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    kristiina, from just what I know about your work, it's more Ti than Te

    again... I hate roles, social and otherwise. I'm NOT going to discuss this further in this thread. If you want a thread for talking about how I'm Fe dominant, go start a new one or bump one of my old type threads.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •