View Poll Results: what do you think Joy's PoLR is?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ti

10 71.43%
  • Se

0 0%
  • Si

4 28.57%
  • Fe

0 0%
  • Ne

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joy's PoLR

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Joy's PoLR

this is a conscious function so it should theoretically be useful for typing
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you don't like the available choices, then don't vote
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I can't take these threads seriously anymore (not that I ever have), because you never actually take the voters' choices into consideration. If a fair amount of people vote for something that you don't agree with, instead of taking their views into consideration, you back yourself up with some "You guys don't get Socionics" crap. Remember, that's going against the point of what these threads are supposed to do in the first place: let others give you ideas into considering your type. If you really 100% positive that you're a specific type (as you claim to be!), then don't make these type threads.
    Also, if you're telling people not to vote, then this thread loses all credibility, lol.
    I disagree with just about everything you said there...

First of all, anyone who is willing to believe that they are a certain type just because it won in a poll is about as stupid as humans get (he might as well not be literate). Saying that the only reason to put up a poll is because you want others to decide your type is ridiculous.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with only asking a certain crowd to submit their input. As always, I'll give fair consideration to any suggestion which is explained... rather than just arbitrarily assigned. Wanting to leave out answers from the crowd that prefers to arbitrarily assign a type to someone and continue to vote for that type without giving it any thought or explanation is quite reasonable.

I didn't start this thread because I wanted to debate the validity behind various motivations for starting a poll, and I most certainly didn't start it because I care to debate anything with you.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't take these threads seriously anymore (not that I ever have), because you never actually take the voters' choices into consideration. If a fair amount of people vote for something that you don't agree with, instead of taking their views into consideration, you back yourself up with some "You guys don't get Socionics" crap. Remember, that's going against the point of what these threads are supposed to do in the first place: let others give you ideas into considering your type. If you really 100% positive that you're a specific type (as you claim to be!), then don't make these type threads.
    Also, if you're telling people not to vote, then this thread loses all credibility, lol.
    this is a nice demonstration of Se btw
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as a reminder...

Place of Least Resistance
    weak
    producing

The place of least resistance is your weakest function. It makes you uncomfortable, and can be tied to certain personality problems you have. You won't make an issue about this function, in fact you try to avoid it. Criticism in this point is felt the worst.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, and I think it's easier in person for this function especially
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, Herzy. Can't help but agreeing completely.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Of yours, actually.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, if I throw out type entirely (ignore implications of having something as my 3rd or 4th function), I think Ti, Si, and Fe are the most likely choices for my 3rd and 4th functions. Ti doesn't bother me... I just find it boring and I think it can get in the way sometimes and obscure the point of something. I don't respond as negatively to criticism in Ti as I do to Si, and I don't think direct ciriticism in really Fe bothers me unless it's from an employer (in which case it's really uncomfortable). When it comes to criticism in Si, I am defenseless other than to tell people that it doesn't matter.

I am neutral to Ne and value Ni, Te, and Fi. Se can go either way. When it's useful, I <3 Se. When it's excessive (from my perspective), it's irritating.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Of yours, actually.
    I can see your point if you're refering to my response to her... not sure I agree, but nonetheless

anyways,

Se: The sixth function of the ENTj is Se, by which the essence of experiences arrive and insights into their development arise.Though be this a weak, unconscious, and influential function, it should find itself most active within the presence of one whose dominant function coincides, for it it seeks to be strong and may pretend to be such. At other times, an expression of this function may find itself in place of the weak and conscious Si function. Manifested bahaviours expected of this function should include demonstrating a tendency to exagerrate the effects of current experiences to seem better or worse than in reality, tending to accept the outcomes of negitive experiences or to tolerate bad reoccuring situations, ignorantly leaving good or bad experiences for bad or worse ones, tendency towards manipulating statistics into a favorable direction, and prone to biased onesidedness.
    I'd say unobjectivity in regards to statistics (which is I believe what Herzy is criticizing) is indicative of weak Se.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My choice wasn't listed.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Joy, this is stupid and non-objective. If you're going to open these polls, you ought to give people the fair number of choices, instead of selectively limiting options in order to get the result you desire. Very non-Te.
    Yeah, whatever happened to that "remaining neutral across all of its inputs" you seem to like so much?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think you view as just "boring" because everytime someone tries to institute rules upon you you make quite a fuss. also, you seem to dislike it when people "disrespect" you or treat you as an inferior. i took the socionics type assistant and chose words that i thought matched your persona as displayed on this site. you got esfx normal mode, esfp reversed, esfp combined. i saved the intercode and can send it to you if you wish

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leaning towards ESFj again for her.
    Me too. ENTp would be less likely to constantly make threads just to keep being "the active forum member". Even I am less of an attention-whore and the less of the center of relationships and group feeling in this forum community.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i don't think you view as just "boring" because everytime someone tries to institute rules upon you you make quite a fuss. also, you seem to dislike it when people "disrespect" you or treat you as an inferior. i took the socionics type assistant and chose words that i thought matched your persona as displayed on this site. you got esfx normal mode, esfp reversed, esfp combined. i saved the intercode and can send it to you if you wish
    I agree, Ti.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy, this is stupid and non-objective. If you're going to open these polls, you ought to give people the fair number of choices, instead of selectively limiting options in order to get the result you desire. Very non-Te.
    By your definition of Te, yes.

Se: The sixth function of the ENTj is Se, by which the essence of experiences arrive and insights into their development arise.Though be this a weak, unconscious, and influential function, it should find itself most active within the presence of one whose dominant function coincides, for it it seeks to be strong and may pretend to be such. At other times, an expression of this function may find itself in place of the weak and conscious Si function. Manifested bahaviours expected of this function should include demonstrating a tendency to exagerrate the effects of current experiences to seem better or worse than in reality, tending to accept the outcomes of negitive experiences or to tolerate bad reoccuring situations, ignorantly leaving good or bad experiences for bad or worse ones, tendency towards manipulating statistics into a favorable direction, and prone to biased onesidedness.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the Te option?

IMO you have either a Te or a Ti PoLR.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you thought I'm ENFj?

and did you seriously just imply that I could be IxFp???
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not possible to detect a PoLR from online interactions, except from what the persons themselves report.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree. No one here can see how I take care of myself or others. No one here can see my home. Etc.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree. No one here can see how I take care of myself or others. No one here can see my home. Etc.
    You don't even know what a -PoLR is! A long time ago I asked you some questions and you were like, "no, not like that..." and then I described Si PoLR in one conversation and after that you were like, "Oh, I'm so clumsy...oooooh... pooooor me!"

If you can't keep your home clean, you're just lazy! If you have Si-PoLR, you never let ANYONE see that your house isn't really all that clean. Whenever I have people over, I clean up as much as I can. And I still think Si-PoLR is't about it at all.

Si PoLR is when you walk and suddenly lose the rhythm of swinging your hands when you walk. You panic for a moment, but then grab on to your purse with both hands as if you were looking for something... You fake it! ... You keep walking and you're looking from one object to another, but you're not really noticing any of it. You're just glancing at everything while actually trying to figure out if you should have coffee in the next day or you should just take a shower the next morning and go to school very early....

Si-PoLR isn't about looking like shit and feeling bad about it! Si PoLR is about not being willing to even go to the store (3 min walk) when it's been 2 night since you washed your hair. It's about being very careful about dancing in public and it's about all the other things you haven't even mentioned.

Oh my! Si PoLR striptease. Isn't that an oxymoron.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you describe a Si PoLR is most certainly NOT what it's like for all ENxjs... yours seems to have a Fe slant to it... you're concerned about how others see you. You don't want to be seen as sloppy or clumbsy. If others saw you as sloppy or clumbsy, what social role would they see you in?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you describe a Si PoLR is most certainly NOT what it's like for all ENxjs... yours seems to have a Fe slant to it... you're concerned about how others see you. You don't want to be seen as sloppy or clumbsy. If others saw you as sloppy or clumbsy, what social role would they see you in?
    yes... ENTj's don't care at all when people see them make Si-mistakes. That's because ENTj's are big macho logical people and they don't care what anyone thinks. </sarcasm>
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say that.

hmmm....

ENFjs care about how their weak Si may put them in unfavorable social roles.
    ENTjs care about how their weak Si may make them inefficient. (or perhaps put them in an unfavorable position to accomplish their business/financial objectives?)

Of course, both types have their hidden agenda to compensate this... the ENFj's generally drives them to be in positions of respect while the ENTj's generally drives them to be financially well off. There have been conversations about this in the past... about how ENFjs are more likely to seek status than ENTjs.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I agree, Ti.
    I actually wrote the things that I wrote before doing the STA for joy and when I was in the process of doing it I thought the result might be estp. I mostly included words that indicated randomness. It is a shame joy is not responding to my suggestion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had different people who know me irl do the socionics type indicator for me, I'd end up with many different results. Why? They're describing me as THEY see me... they cannot be objective. For someone who I have had very limited contact with and have never been in the same room with, I would think that the accuracy would be diminished even further.

If you'd like to share they way you see me with everyone, feel free to post the link. If you'd rather only I see it, see free to send it in a PM.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're describing me as THEY see me... they cannot be objective.
    this does not lead to blatant inobjectivity however. i think they would be more thrown off by only telling you things that you are willing to hear.

kZND1ntt2vv$/w1SvauEUtyje2i1j1eeeeipd1:jwdecZQhfbu2wipee-U2rswoguwrrsyRQuWPkj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I value people who call it like they see it, even if I don't just smile and nod and agree without debate or any other form of consideration.

You know that I have some very valid points about the type assistant though.
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    They're describing me as THEY see me... they cannot be objective.
    this does not lead to blatant inobjectivity however. i think they would be more thrown off by only telling you things that you are willing to hear.

kZND1ntt2vv$/w1SvauEUtyje2i1j1eeeeipd1:jwdecZQhfbu2wipee-U2rswoguwrrsyRQuWPkj
    I agree with Pedro, what your asking for is ridiculous. Please take ENTj off your signature immediately, because the latest posts you've been posting lately suggest you have no clue what your type is. At least put a question mark or other possibilities like XoX does. If I had to guess your type, I would say ESFp like Expat suggested, but I'm uncertain even then.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What am I asking for? *raises an eyebrow*

These threads are NOT about finding my type

I have seriously considered ESFp several times, and I agree that I can appear rather ESFp, especially here. Overall I look the most like an ESFp when I'm manic, drunk, or otherwise unhealthy. I act like an ISTp when I'm depressed. Overall, when I'm at my healthiest, there's no mistaking me for any type besides ENTj. Also, I fit the Stratiyevskaya description of ENTjs so well that as I read through it I was like "That's an ENTj thing??? I thought it was just a Joy thing."

And uh... before you start referencing Expat's opinions, think about the last time he actually said that I appear to be an ESFp. Try to find a post that says so, if you're willing to put forth the effort. From the posts of his that I've read, he hasn't really stated one way or another what he thinks my type is in a while. Is it because he's non-confrontational and only tells people things they want to hear? No, we know that's not the case.
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LOL, Attempting to find out what your PoLR and third function is, shares a striking similarity to finding your dominant function, which would indicate confusion about personality type.

I have seriously considered ESFp several times, and I agree that I can appear rather ESFp, especially here. Overall I look the most like an ESFp when I'm manic, drunk, or otherwise unhealthy. I act like an ISTp when I'm depressed. Overall, when I'm at my healthiest, there's no mistaking me for any type besides ENTj. Also, I fit the Stratiyevskaya description of ENTjs so well that as I read through it I was like "That's an ENTj thing??? I thought it was just a Joy thing."
    I don't know, last time I checked I was still ENFp and looked ENFp when I was manic or depressed. Stratiyevskaya's descriptions are misleading, if you can affiliate with all other descriptions without a doubt like the one written by Jack London, then there's nothing to say.

And uh... before you start referencing Expat's opinions, think about the last time he actually said that I appear to be an ESFp. Try to find a post that says so, if you're willing to put forth the effort. From the posts of his that I've read, he hasn't really stated one way or another what he thinks my type is in a while. Is it because he's non-confrontational and only tells people things they want to hear? No, we know that's not the case.
    It's because he's given up like everyone else. :wink: Seriously, I can't speak for him.

--I still like you Joy, it's just that your latest posts suggest your unsure about your type, and because of that I asked if you can change your signature. Thanks.--
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler

LOL, Attempting to find out what your PoLR and third function is, shares a striking similarity to finding your dominant function, which would indicate confusion about personality type.
    I underlined your mistake. I can see where this misunderstanding could cause some irritation.

I don't know, last time I checked I was still ENFp and looked ENFp when I was manic or depressed. Stratiyevskaya's descriptions are misleading, if you can affiliate with all other descriptions without a doubt like the one written by Jack London, then there's nothing to say.
    I identify with all of the ENTj descriptions I've read, the more detailed one written by someone from Gamma more than the rest.

Where is this description written by Jack London? I'd love to read it if you could direct me to it.

Seriously, I can't speak for him.
    fair enough

I still like you Joy, it's just that your latest posts suggest your unsure about your type
    I'm 95% sure about my type. Anyone who says that they're TOTALLY sure is arrogant and closed minded. Again, I didn't start these threads so I could figure out my type.

and because of that I asked if you can change your signature. Thanks.
    Nope.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, last time I checked I was still ENFp and looked ENFp when I was manic or depressed.
    Are you refering to the kinds of ups and downs most people go through or to clinically diagnosed mental health issues?
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I underlined your mistake. I can see where this misunderstanding could cause some irritation.
    Can't read your mind, therefore I have no comment.

I identify with all of the ENTj descriptions I've read, the more detailed one written by someone from Gamma more than the rest.

Where is this description written by Jack London? I'd love to read it if you could direct me to it.
    http://socion.info/cgi-bin/index.cgi?loc=desc&type=9 - ENTJ
    http://socion.info/cgi-bin/index.cgi?loc=desc&type=7 - ESFP

Are you refering to the kinds of ups and downs most people go through or to clinically diagnosed mental health issues?
    I think the fact that you've gone through a lot and have suffered a lot of maladies is a good reason why being able to identify your type has become very difficult.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6151
    There were things in it that I didn't relate to at all.
    I read this topic and you posted this, though I'm assuming your blaming the description.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point was that it is not written by Jack London... that description is most certainly NOT more accurate or valid than the one by Stratiyevskaya.

And I related to most of it, but yes, there were things I didn't relate to.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you don't like the available choices, then don't vote
    I'm voting Te. And it is an available choice, because that's what I'm voting for.

Think of it this way. Being criticized as not Te enough is painful, isn't it? Doesn't that seem like it might explain why you would want to refine your Te side to compensate, up to the point of appearing as Te as possible to others? Just a thought.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you seriously suggesting that I'm IxFp???
    SEE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast