Thread: Your typing of forum members

The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Before the eighth decade of the twentieth century when Socionics arose we only had the option of demanding satisfaction from the cads who slighted us, and excusing ourselves via reference to some star misalignment or genetic deformity.

Arachno-mammal (reproductive mule) A Moderator's Avatar
    TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    You’re actually more likely displaying Fi polr here, since you wanna get Socionical about it. She’s supposed to be your friend, you’ve gone beyond pestering her and seem to have no idea when to back off or what effect you’re having.
    You're actually more likely displaying Fi polr here, since you wanna get Socionical about it.

See how that works?
    I don’t think that’s what I said. I said he’s showing super low awareness of interpersonal dynamics.
    Frankly, I'd rather be honest about it, even if it means I sacrifice my reputation here. My goal isn't to pester her.
    Santa Claus: That probably comes from the inherent profit motive of the bourgeoisie mentality.
    Santa Claus: Even on a cold day, a Coke is refreshing.

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone has a problem with the things I post, please put me on ignore.

I just agreed with Kill4Me, and she responded to me. I didn't initiate the dialogue between Xaiviay and I.
    Santa Claus: That probably comes from the inherent profit motive of the bourgeoisie mentality.

spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H/D 7(93?)
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can suggest an alternative type based on video found in HERE

extrospection > introspection

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    @A Moderator I have noticed that you’ve gotten more “assertive” since retyping as LSI lol. I find this to be quite interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    People often try to act like the type they think they are
    I'd like to take you back to a post made several months ago by Avebury (TheUltimateEmcee). He knows me from another forum and has seen me post my thoughts over an extended period of time. This is what he had to say:

One more thing: have you considered ego?

Tbh with you you don't strike me as ego, you seem quite expansive and confident in your ability to approach people.

Just my impression, but you make quite an impression, that's not something I get from egos AT ALL. Lol. egos come off to me as kinda weak and unimpressive, you seem to make an impact on your environment. Not fronting, but it is my impression and I thought I'd share.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    You're actually more likely displaying Fi polr here, since you wanna get Socionical about it.

See how that works?
    No, I don’t.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

LSI: I dont have ideas.

TIM
    ESTP 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd like to take you back to a post made several months ago by Avebury (TheUltimateEmcee). He knows me from another forum and has seen me post my thoughts over an extended period of time. This is what he had to say:
    Well i have an IQ of 135 and i say ur W R O N G

spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H/D 7(93?)
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This kind of reminds me of : "If my ass will be kicked then it will be kicked" going in circles.

Sure by pointing out that logic leads to Fi PoLR then by that logic it was also Fi PoLR if we consider it logical and valid. Valid logic would be therefore Fi PoLR. In this case we also (I think) had "too extensive" conditional which is a subjective judgement.

Who crossed the line of "too extensive"? Is the real question.
    You can suggest an alternative type based on video found in HERE

extrospection > introspection

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don’t.
    Exactly.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.
    You appear to deliberately conclude the wrong reason for why I don’t understand. It looks like you are intent on being “right” versus being accurate.

I’m not sure why you suddenly decided you need to type yourself differently and build a defense system around it. I don’t normally care very much how people type themselves. If you want to be LSI, that’s your business. The rashness and noisiness are conspicuous. Trying to retype other people to accommodate your own change in self-type is unusual.

I’m out of things to say about it apart from that.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, thats Mountain Dew/Snaps level of stupidity.

Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@FDG
    some Ti valued type due to lack of practical reason and underestimation the value of polite language

@Viktor
    The balance between emotional vs logical expression is strange for T types. The possibility of him to be T type is reduced.
    Seems to be too capricious in S region relating to women attractiveness. Another argument for the possibility of N type.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You appear to deliberately conclude the wrong reason for why I don’t understand. It looks like you are intent on being “right” versus being accurate.

I’m not sure why you suddenly decided you need to type yourself differently and build a defense system around it. I don’t normally care very much how people type themselves. If you want to be LSI, that’s your business. The rashness and noisiness are conspicuous. Trying to retype other people to accommodate your own change in self-type is unusual.

I’m out of things to say about it apart from that.
    I've already expressed my reasoning for why I typed myself the way I did, and I don't care to go over it again. You were there. I literally joined this forum with the type LSI, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's been following since then. It's not a matter of "want." If I typed myself based on wishful thinking, I would type myself as an NT type, like ILE, LIE, or ILI.

You don't understand? Your reasoning doesn't make any sense and you know it. "I am making an interpersonal interaction Socionical, ergo, I am Fi PoLR." Well, according to that reasoning, the majority of this forum is Fi PoLR. Let's just rename the forum FiPoLR.info and be done with it.

But by all means, charge forward with a witchhunt with allegations of "suspicious activity", because that's not what cults tend to do. And make sure to call me stupid on the way out of the conversation.

TIM
    ESTP 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Trying to retype other people to accommodate your own change in self-type is unusual.
    Its not to Ti types. In Ti land everything has to fit together logically to eachother. Especially in a system like socionics which take intertype relations into account.
    If the intertype relations dont seem like described, it should be that its because of mistypings.

For example LSI + EIE = duality is a statement/equation true according to socionics. So if the relation doesnt go as described maybe we have to fill in different types into the equation to make it true again.This makes sense to a Ti type, who tends to categorize and equate stuff together to make into a coherent whole. It can be related to how mathematics works, its correct from every angle, but change one value and the whole equation/answer changes.

Similarly to how intertype relations work; if you change your self typing but your intertype relations remain the same, that must mean that the others type must be different aswel.

For example: SEI + ILE = duality
    Now change ILE into LSI (cuz thats what he did)
    Now we get SEI + LSI = duality, which is logically inconsistent according to the rules of socionics, so assuming the retyping from ILE into LSI is correct we'd either have to change the relation into a benefit relation OR change the SEI typing into EIE because EIE and LSI is also a duality pairing.

Because the relation has already been 'experienced' (i dont know the quality or depth of the relation to be reliable enough to state it as true in the case with moderator but lets say it is) then it would perhaps be more logical to change the SEI into something else at this point.

I tend to follow this logic all the time too whenever i retype myself or someone else im close to. It has to fit, either that or the theory is (partially) incorrect or inaccurate. Thats how Ti types can test theories to reality

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've already expressed my reasoning for why I typed myself the way I did, and I don't care to go over it again. You were there. I literally joined this forum with the type LSI, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's been following since then. It's not a matter of "want." If I typed myself based on wishful thinking, I would type myself as an NT type, like ILE, LIE, or ILI.

You don't understand? Your reasoning doesn't make any sense and you know it. "I am making an interpersonal interaction Socionical, ergo, I am Fi PoLR." Well, according to that reasoning, the majority of this forum is Fi PoLR. Let's just rename the forum FiPoLR.info and be done with it.

But by all means, charge forward with a witchhunt with allegations of "suspicious activity", because that's not what cults tend to do. And make sure to call me stupid on the way out of the conversation.
    I said how you type yourself is not of great importance to me. It’s for you to decide. Lots of words being put in my mouth.

Retyping someone else repeatedly, despite their protestations, to fit your own retyping was where I got very surprised. That may actually be a new one for me on this forum.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Its not to Ti types. In Ti land everything has to fit together logically to eachother. Especially in a system like socionics which take intertype relations into account.
    If the intertype relations dont seem like described, it should be that its because of mistypings.

For example LSI + EIE = duality is a statement/equation true according to socionics. So if the relation doesnt go as described maybe we have to fill in different types into the equation to make it true again.This makes sense to a Ti type, who tends to categorize and equate stuff together to make into a coherent whole. It can be related to how mathematics works, its correct from every angle, but change one value and the whole equation/answer changes.

Similarly to how intertype relations work; if you change your self typing but your intertype relations remain the same, that must mean that the others type must be different aswel.

For example: SEI + ILE = duality
    Now change ILE into LSI (cuz thats what he did)
    Now we get SEI + LSI = duality, which is logically inconsistent according to the rules of socionics, so assuming the retyping from ILE into LSI is correct we'd either have to change the relation into a benefit relation OR change the SEI typing into EIE because EIE and LSI is also a duality pairing.

Because the relation has already been 'experienced' (i dont know the quality or depth of the relation to be reliable enough to state it as true in the case with moderator but lets say it is) then it would perhaps be more logical to change the SEI into something else at this point.

I tend to follow this logic all the time too whenever i retype myself or someone else im close to. It has to fit, either that or the theory is (partially) incorrect or inaccurate. Thats how Ti types can test theories to reality
    I can understand the “may need to” part of retyping someone else to make the theory work out. That’s pretty self-evident. The absolutist and OTT way in which it was done, not so much.

TIM
    ESTP 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can understand the “may need to” part of retyping someone else to make the theory work out. That’s pretty self-evident. The absolutist and OTT way in which it was done, not so much.
    Screenshot_20181116-014917.jpg
    Screenshot_20181116-014901.jpg
    Screenshot_20181116-014706.jpg

So basically you dont value Ti + Se?

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj/

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't help that you don't seem to care at all how you come across to someone who you apparently had a good relationship with regardless of what this theory describes.

I'm not even talking about socionics anymore.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally just said in chat that I give it 48 hours before I get forcibly retyped out of my own type because of A-mod retyping himself.

I think you explaining to me the basics of Ti and Se is unnecessary. As far as I have ever been able to tell, I value them.

What I didn’t understand is how OTT and perseverating A-mod suddenly was—why he went from being a polite and upbeat kinda person to tearing into other people overnight in a way seemingly out of character for him.
    Last edited by golden; Today at 11:30 AM.

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    It doesn't help that you don't seem to care at all how you come across to someone who you apparently had a good relationship with regardless of what this theory describes.

I'm not even talking about socionics anymore.
    I can't control how anyone views me at the end of the day. I'd much rather someone have an accurate view of themselves so they can capitalize on their strengths than coddle their view of me.

TIM
    MEH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't control how anyone views me at the end of the day. I'd much rather someone have an accurate view of themselves so they can capitalize on their strengths than coddle their view of me.
    Suggesting options, sure, though people are not always willing to accept it, and pushing it may make them defensive.
    Plus, everyone sees from their own perspective, which on is correct then?
    Who decides that?
    I have many questions, they don't all require an answer.

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Suggesting options, sure, though people are not always willing to accept it, and pushing it may make them defensive.
    Plus, everyone sees from their own perspective, which on is correct then?
    Who decides that?
    If I meet person B who's practically a carbon copy of person A, and I know person A's type, I'm going to tell person B that's my impression. Anything else would be dishonest.

Whether they choose to accept or reject my impression, that's on them.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You realize that you don't seem competent enough to type yourself, let alone others? You look like a fool.

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You realize that you don't seem competent enough to type yourself, let alone others? You look like a fool.
    Frankly, "COOL AND MANLY", I think a good chunk of members here are so image focused that they can't tell their ass from their elbows.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, "COOL AND MANLY", I think a good chunk of members here are so image focused that they can't tell their ass from their elbows.
    That is so edgy. Don't cut yourself.

How old are you?

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is so edgy. Don't cut yourself.
    Touche.

How old are you?
    I'm sure there's one of those kinds of chatrooms out there on the internet somewhere, but this isn't the place.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, alright.

TIM
    Bold and Brash
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's enough verbal genocide for one day folks.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1, 9w8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I recall that you said I had aggressor tendencies online
    OH my gosh...I never said this. You're putting words into my mouth.
    Hell, you even said that I was bossing you around, and continued with the narrative that we were duals. So no, the moment I started embracing LSI tendencies in our conversations, you were fine with it enough to say were duals in the aftermath.
    Did I even say this?! I maybe remember joking about how you were bossing me around when you kept re-typing me, but it was to lighten the mood, esp. since you had already apologized for being annoying.
    You said that you have a poor grasp of time, but this is not true given your understanding of Alice in Wonderland's time paradox, nor is it true with consideration to your understanding of how things would have played out in the long haul with your ex. You do have a good grasp of the flow of how things move forward, and I can feel that in how you seem to nudge conversations down specific paths with an eye towards whatever I will be doing in the long term (this is extremely consistent in you, and I recall wanting an explanation for this when we first started talking). For example, you would reference my path of self-discovery, my path of work, etc. Furthermore, you aim to avoid previously committed mistakes in your relationships, and value growth (ie. the accrual of skill and competency).
    You're still seeing what you want to see. I didn't even remember much about the time themes from Alice in Wonderland, which I already told you. I have spent years making stupid mistakes to slowly develop a slight sense of how things will turn out, though I don't know how you got that from talking with me. You asked me once if I felt an intutive pull towards you. Truth was, I felt a very tiny warning in my gut about you, but I wanted to talk to an ILE, so I didn't listen to my gut. Now, I wish I had listened to it. Not that I expect you to pay attention to anything I have to say that doesn't agree with your view, by now. LSIs don't listen to me very well, in general. That's pretty much the way Benefit goes.

I've already dealt with tons of Se-egos since I was a baby. I've already been treated like I'm expected to be an Ni-ego, and to me, it's degrading, humiliating, painful, and unnatural. You have no idea how disgusting it is, imo. In the past, I used to just think that all the traits associated with Se were symptoms of a mental problem. All the people who wanted a resistant partner to 'defeat', constantly have a battle of wills with, and who would lose interest in a partner who didn't play hard to get, were basically unhealthy people. People who wanted to have the upper hand, boss their partner around, physically dominate their partner sexually, were just sick. I thought they were just out of touch with their own humanity, or so deeply insecure that they were incapable of becoming vulnerable enough to experience authentic love and caring. I just didn't understand it, because if I needed a constant challenge in order to desire someone, I'd probably be overcompensating for some insecurity, and if I were to change myself to fit the 'aggressors', #1 I would suffer deeply, #2 I would never experience being loved for who I actually want to be. Se-ego men are a real deal-breaker, I'd much rather be alone.

Then, Socionics told me that it's just a different way to be, that there are actually some people who enjoy the chase (Se), just like I love the beauty of aesthetics (Si). And that there are even real-life people (Ni) who enjoy playing games with them and resisting only to be 'defeated', just like I enjoy having a partner who sees the potential in me and helps me believe in my talents (Ne).

Sounds gross to me, but whatever.

I do not want to be treated like a victim type, so it repulses me to be seen that way. What can I say? If you still think I'm Ni, you're an idiot.
    Dude, I'm not coddling any view of you...you're the one trying to hold a certain view of me.
    Last edited by Xaiviay; Today at 04:13 AM.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really think I’d care about someone else’s (esp Ave’s right now, no offense), thoughts and impressions? What do you have in mind doing this? Why would someone else’s impression affect mine? The data point I’m putting out there remains the same. I just think you’ve gotten more aggressive since you started to bend back to the LSI typing, within the time that I’ve known you here.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@A Moderator You’re coming across as really on edge right now (like me levels) and I get it because type-me thread conversations could be putting you on the defensive and increasing your testosterone and stuff but you have no reason to prove anything to anybody lol. Take the advice of your own avatar.

TIM
    LSI- Se C 6
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Do you really think I’d care about someone else’s (esp Ave’s right now, no offense), thoughts and impressions? What do you have in mind doing this? Why would someone else’s impression affect mine? The data point I’m putting out there remains the same. I just think you’ve gotten more aggressive since you started to bend back to the LSI typing, within the time that I’ve known you here.
    The data point remains the same. What I'm saying is that the data point reflects a more general trend, which is salient because Socionics is a trait based system. Traits influence behaviors over a person's life - behaviors that reflect a norm. So if someone exhibits a general trend in behavior, the behavior indicates an underlying personality trait.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The data point remains the same. What I'm saying is that the data point reflects a more general trend, which is salient because Socionics is a trait based system. Traits influence behaviors over a person's life - behaviors that reflect a norm. So if someone exhibits a general trend in behavior, the behavior indicates an underlying personality trait.
    Ok, just make sure you add “Considering Retyping as LSI” to the timeline axis on that graph before mine.

TIM
    Y e s
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Our love is cool. Forget ITRs, hug your conflictor. They're more affraid of you than you are of them.
    "You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it."

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So just talked to @A Moderator over voice for a little over 20 minutes and I do think he’s LSI. You can’t fake the lumberjack voice and laughing at the dumbest Ni HA moments at Se jokes. Case closed IMO.

To Stand As The Oak Luminous Lynx's Avatar
    TIM
    D-IEI (628) sx/so
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know @A Moderator personally, but for what it's worth, some reinforcement - My best mate (of many years) and a member of these forums is an LSI-Se C (Well, the most SLE seeming LSI I've seen lmao) and, given that my mate and I talk extensively, daily, Y'all have very similar communication. Plenty of lines I'm reading that could be stolen out of my bud's mouth. I also have a ton of personal experience with ILE, and You sure as shit don't remind me of either of the two I've been close with. Not a formal argument, cause I don't know You well enough, but that's my two cents.

" We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    I don't know @A Moderator personally, but for what it's worth, some reinforcement - My best mate (of many years) and a member of these forums is an LSI-Se C (Well, the most SLE seeming LSI I've seen lmao) and, given that my mate and I talk extensively, daily, Y'all have very similar communication. Plenty of lines I'm reading that could be stolen out of my bud's mouth. I also have a ton of personal experience with ILE, and You sure as shit don't remind me of either of the two I've been close with. Not a formal argument, cause I don't know You well enough, but that's my two cents.

Is it soulclap

The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Data points should not be brought out in public. A point is that which has no part; and the length of a line has no bearing on its effectiveness, especially as it has no breadth.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667