Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 3,001 to 3,028 of 3028

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    if all you wanted was me to leave you could just asked it since the start. You didn't need to take so much time and effort to conceal your wrong doings, see? Now I know why where no SLIs in this forum when I came. Have fun with your bitterness
    Yeah I have no idea what you're talking about. There actually were several SLIs here when you came. And I feel no bitterness towards you. I wasn't being an asshole when I said good luck to you too, but eh, whatever, read it how you want.

TIM
    NiTe 5w6 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    True, but you could say there is a bit of un-seriousness to Alphas as opposed to Gammas, which is why I would say based on my proposition that Sol is a NT, he'd be Gamma before Alpha.
    To deny that the average alpha is less colloquially "serious" than the average gamma would be a mistake, I think. Gamma thought processes naturally lends someone to be more serious, but that would be a judgment on behaviour rather than on the dichotomy merry/serious. I think Reinin poorly worded some of his dichotomies, btw. For example, the tactical/strategic dichotomy is only loosely connected to the actual definitions of tactical and strategic.

That's exactly why I would say @Sol is a serious type, and therefore not LSI. He seems Te-valuing to me. Also, just to reiterate this from the link posted by @Venus Rose:
    This is actually part of the reason that leads me to reject many of the Reinin dichotomies. The idea of "objectively correct" has two different interpretations: 1) that which is empirically verifiable; 2) that which you believe to be indisputable. The former is mostly manifested by Te types whereas the latter is manifested more by Ti types. Sol thinks that his IR test is "objective truth" because it makes perfect sense to him, not because its had a history of typing people correctly or because there is particular evidence showing that IR tests are better than other methods of typing. Moreover, he denies evidence (Te, not Ne) contrary to what the test dictates, indicating that he is not seeking that which is empirically verifiable more so than he is something that makes harmonious sense to him.

TL;DR: he may be searching for "objective correctness", but that need not imply he searches for the answer that agrees with the best evidence. This is one of the areas where the dichotomy falls short.

Is that not Sol?
    I think my previous paragraph covers this.

Why isn't this Te and objectivist? I didn't think Ti would care about setting an absolute standard.
    It isn't Te or objectivist because it isn't empirically based in the first place. He created his own model of the system based on what he feels to be the best method of typing and he ignores all other possibilities (Ne unvaluing but we agree on this). However, he doesn't provide adequate reasons for ignoring other evidence, which is why I think he's Te ignoring. He ignores them simply because he doesn't want them to mess with his system.

Ti cares primarily about its own worldview and ideas. Unhealthy Ti is more absolute since it becomes perhaps the most rigid function in socionics (alongside unhealthy Fi). Ti definitely cares about absolute standards since that's what judging functions do - they construct standards. Te uses evidence to do this whereas Ti uses its own logic and ideas.

Possibly, or could be Ne-Ignoring too.
    The main difference I've noticed between Te ignoring and Ne ignoring is that Ne ignoring ignores possible alternative interpretations whereas Te ignoring ignores data points that don't fit the model they've internally constructed. Whereas an ILI is likely to say, "let's not consider that possibility since it's unlikely", an LII would say, "that fact is irrelevant since it doesn't make sense". In some situations, they would be correct; in others they would be very wrong.

Yes, again consistent with Ne-Ignoring, or unvalued Ne.
    I agree.

Ni-valuing for stubbornness, but other types can be stubborn too. Perhaps you're confusing Te with Se. Idk. I like how my way of thinking lines up with Merry quadra description here, unintentionally.
    IxIs are stubborn not because of Ni but because of Ne ignoring. They're very skeptical and hesitant to accept or even consider alternative possibilities since Ni has already determined which are most important for the long-term. That, of course, doesn't mean Ne is useless, as exploring every possibility is hugely useful in intellectual fields, but that isn't the main concern for these types since they unvalue it.

Ni is actually not that stubborn a function since it doesn't come to any conclusions: it only observes patterns and trends and notifies the individual about a potential opening or solution. It is introverted, though, meaning that there will be some element of innate stubbornness.

In what way do you think I'm confusing Te with Se? I ask because I've noticed many on MBTI forums who do the same and so I've spent a lot of time trying to determine the differences between them. I don't think I've confused the two, but I'm willing to consider the possibility... I now have evidence that I don't completely ignore Ne.
    But honestly, I think that saying you value one function automatically implies you devalue another is a misnomer. It'd be better to say that you value it less since any reasonable person would have to agree that each function has its uses and purposes in certain scenarios.
    Last edited by FarDraft; 01-16-2019 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Formatting
    ----- FarDraft, 2019 | ILI | 5w6 3w4 8w7 Sp/Sx | INTJ

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    You do know there was a recent volcanic eruption in Siberia, yeah? Of course you don't lol.

Or how about THIS
    Nothing came up from a quick Google search about anything recent, only the one 250 million years ago.

Also, it’s irrelevant but apparently the reindeer only go up there during June and July. It’s really unlikely.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Nothing came up from a quick Google search about anything recent, only the one 250 million years ago.

Also, it’s irrelevant but apparently the reindeer only go up there during the spring and summer.
    Lol, yes indeed it's irrelevant. Idk you're funny. The usgs has both earthquake and volcano info if you ever really need it for anything.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then don’t try to bs about reindeer dying from the Siberian Traps. The same species probably might not even have existed the last time they erupted towards anything worth an article 250 million years ago.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then don’t try to bs about reindeer dying from the Siberian Traps. The same species probably might not even have existed the last time they erupted towards anything worth an article 250 million years ago.
    LOL. You're serious about arguing whether a reindeer can piss on lava and survive? The answer is no. Not likely. Oh man, I can't believe you want to argue this. You could always test it out and report back. Make sure to record which species you test it with too.

There are several active Siberian volcanoes even currently, I think one had a pretty big eruption in 2017. I still can't believe you're serious about this. . . but anyway, yeah, if you want facts they're easy enough to find, no bs needed.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer is no. Not likely.
    Why not

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are several active Siberian volcanoes even currently, I think one had a pretty big eruption in 2017. I still can't believe you're serious about this. . . but anyway, yeah, if you want facts they're easy enough to find, no bs needed.
    I looked on the USGS (like you said ) and there’s nothing. They published an article in 2017, but it wasn’t about a recent eruption.

https://www.usgs.gov/science-explore...Siberian+Traps

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck with reindeer, and you fuck with me

TIM
    LSI- Se
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For science.

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See @squark it’s just some steam. And you call yourself a biologist iirc, jeez. That’s probably some more bs too.

aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Plumes's Avatar
    TIM
    Artfully obscene
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This puts Bill Nye to shame.
    "You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it."

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Often times when you mock autistic ppl they don’t really register it so it’s okay.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 2w3 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This this public display either ends, or I will shit post on this thread until it does. By all means, fight all you want. Just take it to PMs or Discord or whatever.
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"

"Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"

aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Plumes's Avatar
    TIM
    Artfully obscene
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    This this public display either ends, or I will shit post on this thread until it does. By all means, fight all you want. Just take it to PMs or Discord or whatever.
    Same.
    This is a threat.
    "You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it."

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you threaten me I’ll kill you by letting you pee on me

Saving here for posterity

LOL. You're serious about arguing whether a reindeer can piss on lava and survive? The answer is no.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about piss posting?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 2w3 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about piss posting?
    That is allowed, in small quantities. We mainly focus on the shit.
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"

"Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"

spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7(93?)
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Often times when you mock autistic ppl they don’t really register it so it’s okay.

Often times when you flash yourself around blind people they don't notice so it is OK.
    Sol mb F type due to his inability to think alternatives.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sbbds, have a reindeer stand in lava and piss on it. Stand in the lava stream with it. Just for fun. Time how long you both can stand there. Make lots of recordings of your data, including exact location and species of reindeer. Then come back and let us know how it went.

You're amusing lol. This is what you were doing while I slept Let's see if you can connect the dots: How do reindeers pee? Where would a reindeer be standing to pee in lava? Now you can spend the next hour googling those answers heh. (Hint: it would be standing IN the lava) Btw, doesn't China have some kind of knock-off version of the USGS site while the gov is down here with their own data you can look up on volcanic activity, or is that too difficult for you? There's lots of other places to look as well, but yeah, a simple internet search is too hard right?

By the way, in case your autism didn't register it, I've been mocking you. Thanks for sharing regarding your disability so I can be more aware of your difficulties in the future. I'll type slower, and try to make sure I spell everything out very carefully.

Ok, I'm done messing with you lol.
    Last edited by squark; 01-16-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Removed an insult lol. May have gone too far there hah.

TIM
    ps/xs D-0 pTSI
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow, from all the inane words you have been writing in this thread, this is probably the worst. Lava could never win against Santa's reindeers because is well known that Santa's reindeers can fly.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 2w3 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sbbds, have a reindeer stand in lava and piss on it. Stand in the lava stream with it. Just for fun. Time how long you both can stand there. Make lots of recordings of your data, including exact location and species of reindeer. Then come back and let us know how it went.

You're amusing lol. This is what you were doing while I slept Let's see if you can connect the dots: How do reindeers pee? Where would a reindeer be standing to pee in lava? Now you can spend the next hour googling those answers heh. (Hint: it would be standing IN the lava) Btw, doesn't China have some kind of knock-off version of the USGS site while the gov is down here with their own data you can look up on volcanic activity, or is that too difficult for you? There's lots of other places to look as well, but yeah, a simple internet search is too hard right?

By the way, in case your autism didn't register it, I've been mocking you. Thanks for sharing regarding your disability so I can be more aware of your difficulties in the future. I'll type slower, and try to make sure I spell everything out very carefully.

At what point while typing out this do you realize "holy shit, I'm a grown adult arguing with strangers on the internet whether reindeer can piss on lava. I'm getting too passionate and I look like an absolute idiot returning to this argument while others have greatly shown how disinterested they are in this. But I'm not going to stop because winning this reindeer argument is more important than looking like a mature adult, so I'll keep doing this Hahaha, may as well belittle other forum members over their lack of knowledge of reindeer piss and volcanoes!"

I have no stake in this, but even I, not knowing anything about what transpired between you, can see this much. Nobody gives two shits about reindeer piss and lava. Now cut it out.

TIM
    C-LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Wow, from all the inane words you have been writing in this thread, this is probably the worst. Lava could never win against Santa's reindeers because is well known that Santa's reindeers can fly.
    Are you honestly having a serious and heated discussion about lava versus reindeer?

Seriously guys, grow up just a little bit. Besides, we all know the lava would win

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At what point while typing out this do you realize "holy shit, I'm a grown adult arguing with strangers on the internet whether reindeer can piss on lava.
    The entire time lol. I really did not think she was serious about arguing this, and was laughing out loud through the whole thing. I think it's funny. And I especially think it's funny that people actually started googling things to try to argue with me.

This actually though is super interesting to me:
    I'm getting too passionate
    . . .
    winning this reindeer argument is more important than looking like a mature adult
    I looked passionate about it? ahahaha. Okay. But as to the second part, looking mature isn't a goal of mine no. I thought it was funny and ridiculous, and was amused by the whole thing. It's interesting how that was read. It goes along with what I was saying in the instincts thread. So yeah, thanks for that input. I'm serious about that, it's explanatory.

TIM
    ps/xs D-0 pTSI
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorne View Post
    Are you honestly having a serious and heated discussion about lava versus reindeer?

Seriously guys, grow up just a little bit. Besides, we all know the lava would win
    Santa's reindeer have infinite life expectancy.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorne View Post

Did you watch the video Karatos posted?

It’s of someone standing near lava, pissing onto it. Why would a reindeer walk into lava?

And many of the USGS articles were still up. Are you trying to say the ONE article you claimed to exist, yet didn’t was down? If this is so silly, why lie just to win an argument like this?

Also, it’s interesting to not argue about typology sometimes. Why not. As if that’s mature in the first place.

And btw at “heated discussion”. Intentional pun or not? Wow. You need to grow up.

Also I liked a post of yours accidentally by swiping my phone squark, but you could use a freebie anyway.
    Last edited by sbbds; Yesterday at 08:53 AM.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w8 sx-first
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    I agree; it's a little obnoxious seeing opposing quadras just flinging shit at each other cause of that "us vs them" mentality. This sort of state of mind is what annoys me, and I really think people would benefit if they could see the strengths of the "other" rather than focusing on generalizations and weaknesses. There's a reason a good deal of opposite-quadra relationships are described with an initial (and sometimes enduring) mutual respect; the other partner is inherently good at something you're not, and even if the best bet in that situation is to hold them at arms' length, there's still ought to be that acknowledgement and recognition of what the other values and excels at.

It's like mbti all over again where "anyone I don't like/share opinions with is a sensor and all my friends are perfect infjs" and that sort of shit.
    I agree with everything you've just said so hard that I just need to repost for posterity Yes please lets respect opposing quadras, people. I've had many a good friendship with members of all quadras, even Gammas my opposites.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Sol

I hope to God no body trusts his typing that are largely based on stereotypes and he cannot read what you write to him being calm is being emotional.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576