Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

S L E
    L
    E

I think what squark is picking up on is the lack of rationality, i.e.: the flexible and manipulate nature of the logic which leaves it unmoored and inconsistent at times

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah totes

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Sol in a post of his here (not just that post but it was very striking to me when I read it recently) is just like this Ti-dom description: "They (...) take up a more fanatical stand, which may easily degenerate into dogmatism and extreme pedantry. In general, both children and adults of this type are, as a result of their introversion, difficult to convince that they are mistaken. Their inner, logical reasoning makes them feel that they are right, and they may take up an attitude to the external world also, which might be expressed as follows: "That is my opinion, even if I can't prove it; whether you agree or not, it will not change it to the slightest degree.""

The whole thing as is applies, but I bolded the main points. That's in Van der Hoop's jungian description of Introverted Thinking: https://web.archive.org/web/20160305...H-van-der-Hoop

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I hope no one gets offended by this, it's just a thought, but I have read some of @Adam Strange 's posts before. Is LSE very far from a good guess? It just interests me, really.

(I understand that it can be counterproductive, when you are trying to live your life and learn in the perspective of one archetype of these 16, and you don't want people to bombard it, even though I believe in staying open, and shifting between things as easily as one can to learn more.) Not sure if he was okay with getting retyped by people, I just had to ask @Myst and others.
    Yeah LSE has come up for Adam before, and, afaik he doesn't mind such discussions (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm personally not sure on his type, I've considered both LIE and LSE for him yes. I couldn't decide on it in the end though, so I just went with his self-typing unless something convinces me either way. I considered LSE because he can get pretty detailed in stories and because I'm not always sure if I'm seeing Ni or Ne more from him. I didn't drop LIE because he supposedly does know what LSEs are like so should've recognized it if he was one, and just overall I never saw a real reason to drop it. If you have any thoughts on the LSE typing, feel free to bring it up... unless ofc Adam objects.

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Honestly even if you can support this opinion, it’s still so obviously biased and rooted in childish upset feelings that only the other people who are butthurt about Adam too for unknown childish reasons will agree with this. I don’t really see why he triggers some people so much. What does he represent for you? Lol. Of course, you will probably call me SEE as well as a cop-out. But if you just call people ethical types or find loopholes to use typology to underhandedly criticize them at any opportunity just because they trigger you for some reason then it starts to become obvious like it has with @Sol . It’s very transparent, you know.
    Agreed, I have no idea how Adam makes some people triggered/butthurt this much here lol

It is an example of not focusing on Ti yes, it doesn’t make sense to call his Ti weak over that however. A better example would be an overt misuse of logic or miscalculation on something.

Re: the second part of your post: Just because you have an inherently insulting worldview towards other people does not make your comments any less obviously insulting towards this individual.
    I don't even get the worldview lol, about half of people are Thinking types in this worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @niffer and @squark, I completely agree with the fact that I don't use Ti very much. I'm not insulted at all. My favorite sister is a very intelligent LII, and she covered all the Ti issues that I ever needed when we were growing up, and she still does. I have a tendency to find people who do things well and employ them to do those things without trying to second-guess them.

I can do Ti to some extent, but I find it provides too little bang for the buck in my life. I had two years of very Ti Chemistry classes in HS (plus two years of Calculus, one of Physics), more of the same in college, and while I got good grades in Chem, it was really, really boring. I didn't really come alive until I was put in charge of a company's production line. (But truthfully, even that was somewhat frustrating, because there was too much focus on the day-to-day emergencies. Where I truly excel is planning how a company will make money this year and in the many years to come.)
    Yeah, my LIE ex bf also asked for Ti from me for certain stuff. And I let him Te some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    That's actually kind of interesting... but I don't think that it's a matter of impossibility, but it's just very difficult to do so.

The fact is that there are going to be too many different possible explanations for people's behaviors and why they act the way that they do. While it's relatively easy to predict how cognition will lead to a certain behavior (provided, though, that the cognition is going to be self-reports, etc). And yet people's behaviors are 100% caused by something. We just haven't found out that cause yet.

So what if there was a robot that 100% mimics a person's behavior, and we can't tell the difference from a real person? And yet the explanation for the robot's behavior is going to be "because it's robot, and that's what its been programmed to do". So why would a robot have a different explanation than a human's, even though their behaviors are indistinguishable from one another?

If their behaviors are literally 100% the same, then the only difference must be that one has silicon chips as a brain, while another has organic matter as the brain. The physical differences of what goes on inside their brains must be identical.

So what is Socionics doing? We're just saying that "the human's behavior and the robot's behavior is identical, and so we're going to call them SLEs". And yet "the reason why they're behaving that way, is because they're SLEs" isn't going to be a proper explanation. They're not "SLEs", one is a human, and another is a robot. We just gave them a label for their certain behavior. An "SLE" is not a "being", so to speak. It's just a label.
    The problem with this thought experiment is that it uses unproven assumptions. It's not guaranteed by anything that you can make a robot like that. Maybe you can, maybe not...

One way I can imagine it working is if you program the behaviours of the neurons and chemical stuff etc on a low enough level, into the silicon chips or whatever other technology (now assume there is enough processing power too for that... currently that's not available, but ok let's assume, I see less of a problem with this assumption), but in this case it will have the same explanation for the behaviours as the human being.

Also... SLE in Socionics isn't just a random label, there is a logical context that gives it logical meaning.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Yeah LSE has come up for Adam before, and, afaik he doesn't mind such discussions (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm personally not sure on his type, I've considered both LIE and LSE for him yes. I couldn't decide on it in the end though, so I just went with his self-typing unless something convinces me either way. I considered LSE because he can get pretty detailed in stories and because I'm not always sure if I'm seeing Ni or Ne more from him. I didn't drop LIE because he supposedly does know what LSEs are like so should've recognized it if he was one, and just overall I never saw a real reason to drop it. If you have any thoughts on the LSE typing, feel free to bring it up... unless ofc Adam objects.
    Hi, @Myst.
    I don't mind if people speculate on my type. I'm pretty confident about being LIE, and speculation about my type by others is a good way for them to test their ideas about which characteristics go with which types.

Yesterday I was talking to my LSE sister about the differences between us, and I told her that I have pretty good foresight regarding the future. She agreed with me and said "I can't do that. You are good at it." (She sometimes tiptoes around topics concerning future plans that involve me, probably because she doesn't want to be outmaneuvered.) I told her that, likewise, she probably thinks I'm fairly useless for practical work, and she laughed and agreed. (She is cleaning up our parent's house prior to our selling it and she just built a patio (by herself) behind her own house.)
    Agreed, I have no idea how Adam makes some people triggered/butthurt this much here lol
    It probably varies on a person-by-person basis. I post a lot, so there is a lot of material available for criticism.

I don't even get the worldview lol, about half of people are Thinking types in this worlds

Yeah, my LIE ex bf also asked for Ti from me for certain stuff. And I let him Te some other stuff.
    Ti can be awesome.

The problem with this thought experiment is that it uses unproven assumptions. It's not guaranteed by anything that you can make a robot like that. Maybe you can, maybe not...

One way I can imagine it working is if you program the behaviours of the neurons and chemical stuff etc on a low enough level, into the silicon chips or whatever other technology (now assume there is enough processing power too for that... currently that's not available, but ok let's assume, I see less of a problem with this assumption), but in this case it will have the same explanation for the behaviours as the human being.

Also... SLE in Socionics isn't just a random label, there is a logical context that gives it logical meaning.
    There is a good book on how the brain works called "On Intelligence", by Jeff Hawkins. He feels that the brain is entirely a machine.

*EDIT*
    Sometimes my LSE sister's lack of foresight is astounding. Her IEI husband got an inheritance from his parents and simultaneously had a vision and decided to move to a mountain top in the Rockies, and told her he was moving and she could do whatever she wanted. So he walked away from their house near Chicago (which she paid for) and he bought a house on the side of a mountain, where the "energy levels" are much better. (So are the brush fires.) She sold their existing house for a loss six months later and followed him. She had been making six figures as a pharmacist, but was only able to get a job in the mountains at Home Depot making $13/hr. She told me with genuine pride that she just got a 54 cent raise. I can't imagine what goes on inside her head.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-18-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hey myst thanks for posting. <statement of fact that presuposses I know how to type>. based on <the aforementioned>, I've concluced I'm LIE. You're the best. *winks*

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    lol forget these jokers; the "ultimate" jock is subjective and begs the question. its not an argument its a description, one that I happen to recognize, and is persuasive to that extent. these two just want to run around for fun

also these forums attract people with issues, so its something you just gotta accept and know that you're in a house for the unwell in some sense. keep that in mind at the onset and it becomes more tolerable, and realize many of these people you will never convince of anything because they're not interesting in listening but rather being heard. everyones got their list of people they think are disgusting and nigh intolerable
    Instead of focusing on how you or others may be “unwell” and dragging people down into your misery with you, why don’t you work on yourself and do something about it? Having issues is not an excuse, simply acknowledging likewise isn’t enough and will get you nowhere. Do SOMETHING; something other than criticizing other people. For once...
    hey myst thanks for posting. <statement of fact that presuposses I know how to type>. based on <the aforementioned>, I've concluced I'm LIE. You're the best. *winks*
    This is what I mean by in one ear and out the other for you. Speaking for yourself here mainly.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I totally understand, you think the two are somehow equivalent. that's precisely what makes you gross, because its in that space a whole lotta information lies and it makes a huge difference. one could say, the difference between being a good human being. of course I freely admit those who disagree are free to congregate according to their taste, in point of fact that the world orders itself that way is just a basic property of all societies and is precisely that which gives cultures their character. in essence when people say the measure of all things is in a culture, they're saying what defines a good human being is culturally relative. if you want to live in the adam strange culture have at it. can I demonstrate as a matter of logic that if I just went along with it, we could all coexist? yes of course on some superficial level because the begs the question, but I can demonstrate as a matter of history that it is not that simple and you cannot contort humanity in such a way. rather such coexistence has to be founded on certain values and not simple lizard man ethics. do I expect you to understand this in the slightest? no. adam strange represents the house built on sand in all he does

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, that's actually a pretty accurate rendition of Adam's posts.

edit:referring to post #1665. But don't forget to throw in "I have 54238 years of experience. I know the type. Trust me."

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol. You guys act as if you’re beyond those poorly characterized measures.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    lol, that's actually a pretty accurate rendition of Adam's posts.

edit:referring to post #1665. But don't forget to throw in "I have 54238 years of experience. I know the type. Trust me."
    My posts and pictures are there to read. I really don't have time to contradict every person who says I'm the flavor of the week.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It’s okay @Bertrand , with @squark by your side to eat your ass out for you, the world is your oyster (for her to eat out).

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My posts and pictures are there to read. I really don't have time to contradict every person who says I'm the flavor of the week.
    you're like Sol if he were SLE and not LSE. same library of self generated tropes, but without the library. you cut out the work and instead focus on self promotion. the world is viewed in terms of the same dimensions just from the other side. this is why to "educate" you, you don't need sincerity you want someone who can flatter and lead you around by your ego. i.e.: the IEI

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Hi, @Myst.
    I don't mind if people speculate on my type. I'm pretty confident about being LIE, and speculation about my type by others is a good way for them to test their ideas about which characteristics go with which types.
    Cool yeah I do think it can be a way for people to understand more. (Lol though you call it "test of ideas" but I get what you mean otherwise.)

Yesterday I was talking to my LSE sister about the differences between us, and I told her that I have pretty good foresight regarding the future. She agreed with me and said "I can't do that. You are good at it." (She sometimes tiptoes around topics concerning future plans that involve me, probably because she doesn't want to be outmaneuvered.) I told her that, likewise, she probably thinks I'm fairly useless for practical work, and she laughed and agreed. (She is cleaning up our parent's house prior to our selling it and she just built a patio (by herself) behind her own house.)
    What kind of practical work did she mean? That you didn't help your LSI with? You said you fix things around the house. My LIE ex bf was also good at that, absolutely great actually... maybe he'd break something on first try but then get the hang of it okay and he loved to tinker. Really he'd fix everything broken, would jump enthusiastically at the opportunity to tinker with/fix stuff every time. He was also good at keeping financial stuff in order, yes. Very good there too really. Also good at figuring shortcuts to get money anywhere. Also he sometimes felt like cooking and actually had a great talent at cooking spicy stuff especially. But uuh, beyond these things, anything else that's a practical matter... no.

Also can I ask, how do you do this planning for moneymaking for companies for many years ahead?

There is a good book on how the brain works called "On Intelligence", by Jeff Hawkins. He feels that the brain is entirely a machine.
    Yeah I've wanted to have a glimpse at that book for a while now. But reading other ones atm.

Sometimes my LSE sister's lack of foresight is astounding. Her IEI husband got an inheritance from his parents and simultaneously had a vision and decided to move to a mountain top in the Rockies, and told her he was moving and she could do whatever she wanted. So he walked away from their house near Chicago (which she paid for) and he bought a house on the side of a mountain, where the "energy levels" are much better. (So are the brush fires.) She sold their existing house for a loss six months later and followed him. She had been making six figures as a pharmacist, but was only able to get a job in the mountains at Home Depot making $13/hr. She told me with genuine pride that she just got a 54 cent raise. I can't imagine what goes on inside her head.
    Eh

I've not managed to decode your passive-aggressive remark on first try and I cba to waste time on that.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

you're like Sol if he were SLE and not LSE. same library of self generated tropes, but without the library. you cut out the work and instead focus on self promotion. the world is viewed in terms of the same dimensions just from the other side. this is why to "educate" you, you don't need sincerity you want someone who can flatter and lead you around by your ego. i.e.: the IEI
    They are not even remotely similar... in terms of reasoning Adam puts together ideas in loose abstract-ish links (is how it comes off to me), and Sol has strict logical priorities in evaluating things.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They are not even remotely similar... in terms of reasoning Adam puts together ideas in loose abstract-ish links (is how it comes off to me), and Sol has strict logical priorities in evaluating things.
    q u a s i

this is how you know cognitive styles are a thing as well

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

q u a s i

this is how you know cognitive styles are a thing as well
    How the fuck is this quasis?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How the fuck is this quasis?
    elimination of the "unnecessary", all that matters is the final result [1]

often confused for Te/Ni, it is in fact just SLE holographic thinking. Adam himself would say he's more a thief than a terrorist, whereas Jack is neither. Jack can produce real value, and is therefore closer to Mcclaine in the final analysis. all he needs to do is get people to buy the general outline and hes got the money, this is not however what America was founded on. its a cynicism of pretenders attempting to level reality via force of will (a kind of Se Trumpism, where all that matters is people lose faith in there being something deeper at all). think of adam like bill paxton in true lies to Arnold's LSE

[1] doesn't matter; got laid

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

elimination of the unnecessary, all that matters is the final result

often confused for Te/Ni, it is in fact just SLE holographic thinking. Adam himself would say he's more a thief than a terrorist, whereas Jack is neither. Jack can produce real value, and is therefore closer to Mcclaine in the final analysis
    I didn't mean the SLE type of associations of sensory impressions when I was talking about how Adam reasons.

And LSE doesn't have the logical prioritizations Sol does, but I obviously don't type him LSE

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I know you're on planet Myst. its okay, we're all on our own planet, just giving you a look at mine

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

yeah I know you're on planet Myst. its okay, we're all on our own planet, just giving you a look at mine
    No, it's not about being on my own planet, it's about valuing my time more than dealing with passive-aggressive remarks. If you disagree with something, say it outright. Not this nonsense, thanks.

Or if you were referring to my disagreeing with you on Adam and Sol being quasis... I really can't even begin to fathom how you could arrive at such an answer from the fact of our simply having different reasoning.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was actually making fun of Adam for his transparently grimy sales pitch

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I was actually making fun of Adam for his transparently grimy sales pitch
    I saw the criticism sure I was commenting on the other parts

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you would look amazing in this broke down overpriced piece of shit I'd love to sell you: its name is Adam Strange

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you would look amazing in this broke down overpriced piece of shit I'd love to sell you: its name is Adam Strange
    He probably bugs you so much because he reminds you of yourself somehow

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

how is adam SLE.. he sounds more like Se polr

but i do find your hate for him funny bertrand because its so extreme and seems unprovoked

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s okay @Bertrand , with @squark by your side to eat your ass out for you, the world is your oyster (for her to eat out).
    Give me a break. Bertrand spends as much time insulting me as he does Adam, I just don't have a posse of defenders swooping in each time he does. And I wouldn't want that. Bertrand's been a real asshole to me, but I'm still able to recognize when he has a point (and when he doesn't.)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Give me a break. Bertrand spends as much time insulting me as he does Adam, I just don't have a posse of defenders swooping in each time he does.
    I have noticed this, which is why it’s extra curious to me that you continue to eat Bertrand’s ass.

But hm no I’d say he insults Adam 100x as much he insults you, unless you are counting general insults towards LSIs and betas.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cool yeah I do think it can be a way for people to understand more. (Lol though you call it "test of ideas" but I get what you mean otherwise.)
    Well, "understanding" implies that there is an absolute right and wrong way to look at socionics, and I don't think there is such a thing (yet). I think the overall structure was arbitrarily defined by Asutra and some others and that's what they handed us. But it's just their opinions. I think it's a remarkably useful structure, but I think the jury is out regarding whether it describes the way the brain actually works.
    You could compare Socionic's divisions of people into types to the location of objects on a spherical grid. Depending on the choices you make for your initial orthogonal axis', you can get very different descriptions of the same individual.

What kind of practical work did she mean? That you didn't help your LSI with? You said you fix things around the house. My LIE ex bf was also good at that, absolutely great actually... maybe he'd break something on first try but then get the hang of it okay and he loved to tinker. Really he'd fix everything broken, would jump enthusiastically at the opportunity to tinker with/fix stuff every time. He was also good at keeping financial stuff in order, yes. Very good there too really. Also good at figuring shortcuts to get money anywhere. Also he sometimes felt like cooking and actually had a great talent at cooking spicy stuff especially. But uuh, beyond these things, anything else that's a practical matter... no.
    I was the one who suggested to her that she'd criticize me for being useless at practical work, mainly because she was cleaning the house and I just dropped in to say Hi to people.
    I'm actually quite good at doing things around the house. I've rebuilt the engine in my car, helped the LSI with her car repairs, tracked down an electrical problem in her house, etc. Nevertheless, an LSE would look at me and say, "Good theorist, bad doer."
    Lol. There are some dishes that I can cook. Not many.

Also can I ask, how do you do this planning for moneymaking for companies for many years ahead?
    The way you do it is to look at the company's products and see how they fit into the market today and how they will fit in tomorrow.
    Customers generally want products which are easier to use and have more capabilities. They are sometimes concerned with price, but you should never compete on price. Only compete on features. Leave the price competitors to fight it out at the bottom of the market.
    You have to anticipate what the customer will pay for. Sometimes this is easy, sometimes not. Sometimes the customer doesn't know what they want and you have to show them how your product will make their life better, will give them an edge over their competition, and will get them laid every time they get close to an attractive person.
    Also, the best people are hugely productive resources. Don't hire idiots. Don't even hire average. You can't afford it. Always hire people who are better than you are. This way, they have talent in reserve for the time when you say, "We're cancelling this entire area of product sales because we can make more money selling something entirely different. Adapt."

Yeah I've wanted to have a glimpse at that book for a while now. But reading other ones atm.

I've not managed to decode your passive-aggressive remark on first try and I cba to waste time on that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To be candid, I envy Ti-doms who are so familiar with the theory that they can analyze people quite thoroughly and certainly. I haven't taken the time to learn the theory very well, and I know that puts me at a disadvantage, but there you are.
    Basic types theory is short and simple. I use mostly it, without redundant and more doubtful bells and wistles.
    Use intuitive impressions from nonverbal as the primary approach like me and forget about Ti speculations as much as possibly. For example, among bloggers I typed I almost never hear what they talked there. I see them and when I notice the clear impressions of some type - I add them to the list.
    If there was a proof that Ti appoach gives much better results... But what I see in the experiments - the _harder_ questionnaires analysis gave close typing matches like VI by videos. The same average match 15-20% and the paired up to ~30%.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Basic types theory is short and simple. I use mostly it, without redundant and more doubtful bells and wistles.
    Use intuitive impressions from nonverbal as the primary approach like me and forget about Ti speculations as much as possibly. For example, among bloggers I typed I almost never hear what they talked there. I see them and when I notice the clear impressions of some type - I add them to the list.
    If there was a proof that Ti appoach gives much better results... But what I see in the experiments - the _harder_ questionnaires analysis gave close typing matches like VI by videos. The same average match 15-20% and the paired up to ~30%.
    Only the Ti from LII goes speculative... the speculative part is the Intuition actually, not Ti itself.

Well, "understanding" implies that there is an absolute right and wrong way to look at socionics, and I don't think there is such a thing (yet). I think the overall structure was arbitrarily defined by Asutra and some others and that's what they handed us. But it's just their opinions. I think it's a remarkably useful structure, but I think the jury is out regarding whether it describes the way the brain actually works.
    I don't think model A describes the brain much "as is", there's just a few good ideas/principles in it.

You could compare Socionic's divisions of people into types to the location of objects on a spherical grid. Depending on the choices you make for your initial orthogonal axis', you can get very different descriptions of the same individual.
    That's when you go with the traits based approach.

I was the one who suggested to her that she'd criticize me for being useless at practical work, mainly because she was cleaning the house and I just dropped in to say Hi to people.
    I'm actually quite good at doing things around the house. I've rebuilt the engine in my car, helped the LSI with her car repairs, tracked down an electrical problem in her house, etc. Nevertheless, an LSE would look at me and say, "Good theorist, bad doer."
    Lol. There are some dishes that I can cook. Not many.
    Lol ok so what does an LSE criticize as you being impractical?

The way you do it is to look at the company's products and see how they fit into the market today and how they will fit in tomorrow.
    Customers generally want products which are easier to use and have more capabilities. They are sometimes concerned with price, but you should never compete on price. Only compete on features. Leave the price competitors to fight it out at the bottom of the market.
    You have to anticipate what the customer will pay for. Sometimes this is easy, sometimes not. Sometimes the customer doesn't know what they want and you have to show them how your product will make their life better, will give them an edge over their competition, and will get them laid every time they get close to an attractive person.
    Also, the best people are hugely productive resources. Don't hire idiots. Don't even hire average. You can't afford it. Always hire people who are better than you are. This way, they have talent in reserve for the time when you say, "We're cancelling this entire area of product sales because we can make more money selling something entirely different. Adapt."
    Makes sense.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eh, you read things rather weirdly, but it's probably because you assume that everyone is as emotionally driven as you are. They aren't. I'm not. If someone has a point, they have a point, whether I like the person or not. And likewise, if someone says something retarded, it's still retarded regardless of how anyone feeeeeelllls about it or the person saying it. And it seems that for you, if someone argues with one of your buddies, you attack them, provoke them, harass them, and it doesn't really seem to matter to you who actually makes sense or is the more reasonable.
    No, I think this characterizes you a lot more than me. I will not support someone I am friends with in an area where they are being illogical, but if you have seen me do this you’re welcome to bring it up. But in the first place I don’t try to construct some image of myself being utterly unbiased either.

You however seem to have gotten into some unexplained personal disliking of Adam, because your criticisms of him are disproportionate to reality. You also apparently continue to eat Bertrand’s ass because he’s eaten yours a few times in the past and the sensation on your anus lingers, even though it doesn’t make any sense to do so and tolerate his disrespect towards you.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

people who defend adam are not always intentionally doing it, the point is that from his point of view it only encourages him and I think people are dumb to cozy up to him for other reasons. in the final analysis what really makes people encouraging adam a problem is that it validates and perpetuates his way of thinking across multiple vectors: i.e.: he does it more, and it seems more legitimate, when I don't think it is. that's my stake in it, not that I think anyone who happens to let his antics slide is somehow secretly attached to him. although those people exist too

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Only the Ti from LII goes speculative... the speculative part is the Intuition actually, not Ti itself.
    In types traits a speculation is closest to introversion (of all 4 functions), as it's the opposite to objective (extraverted) approach.

About Ti. It describes the links between objective. Those links can be made by different ways. The way which you choose - your subjective choice. For example, you may interpret the same facts by different ways and come to different resumes.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everyone has biases, but they all have different biases. You become unreasonable when your "mentors" are questioned in any way.
    You’ll need to be much more specific. Me generally getting emotional when someone I like is being treated poorly, is not the same thing as irrationally eating ass left and right like you do.

I don't have any personal beef with Adam,
    It seems like you had some kind of lingering distaste for him, otherwise you would not have used such negatively toned wording like you did when you first talked about him entering this discussion.

and he took no insult to what I said regarding his Ti.
    People can be more insulted than they are willing to admit to themselves or others. Regardless of his (or your) acknowledgement though, they were obviously negative comments.

Funny thing is, when I said that the attacks were over the line, Bertrand reacted the exact same way that you're now reacting - making comments on how I must like Adam and I'm so supportive of him and so on. It's pretty ridiculous really . . . it's like really? You guys actually work that way, entirely on feelings? I mean, why else would you automatically think everyone else does?
    Erm, have you ever heard of integrating the unconscious. Everybody has and uses emotions, equally. What you ignore now will sneak up behind you and bite you in the ass, later. You are a very responsible sounding adult. The “I am an objective unemotional robot” shtick works on nobody in IRL anymore I’m sure, and it convinces nobody online either.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

people who defend adam are not always intentionally doing it, the point is that from his point of view it only encourages him and I think people are dumb to cozy up to him for other reasons. in the final analysis what really makes people encouraging adam a problem is that it validates and perpetuates his way of thinking across multiple vectors: i.e.: he does it more, and it seems more legitimate, when I don't think it is. that's my stake in it, not that I think anyone who happens to let his antics slide is somehow secretly attached to him. although those people exist too
    Thank you for wording this. This is exactly why people defend you unintentionally, and wrongly actually.

It is wrong, because it enables your toxic attitude and underhanded behaviours within this forum. Some people don’t pick up on nuance very easily however.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’ll need to be much more specific.
    No, I don't.

Erm, have you ever heard of integrating the unconscious. Everybody has and uses emotions, equally. What you ignore will sneak up behind you and bite you in the ass, later. You are a very responsible sounding adult. The “I am an objective unemotional robot” shtick works on nobody in IRL anymore I’m sure, and it convinces nobody online either.
    Lol, I never claimed to be an unemotional robot lol. Nice try. I don't even pretend to be. But, not being able to laugh at an entertaining comment someone makes because oh no, they said some mean thing at some point? That seems ridiculously sensitive to me. I find it hard to believe that anyone would be that hung up on something, or so hurt that they'd nurse a grudge to that point.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol if there were actual mods here who knows what the case would be because the forums would not have been as I encountered them at the onset. lets not forget my bad behavior started when Adam was harassing lungs. of course I concede I may nevertheless have been banned and him kept, because that's how perverse authority can be. kind of how like Im banned from the gamma duality thread, and frequently get typed ESI

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To be fair @niffer, if there were actual mods here, both you and Bertrand would have been banned a long time ago.
    You would be banned before me too, for what you did to my mentor.

Something something sharing PMs No need to be more specific though!!