Page 35 of 199 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,400 of 7953

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    politeness is what? conforming to the space bound ethical climate? as soon as you deviate from that definition one person's politeness is another persons rudeness. sometimes the most polite thing is to tell someone they've got something on their face, despite the embarassment. you take this stuff to its ultimate conclusion and the emperor has no clothes, which is precisely how I often feel in a heavy Fe environment. basically each quadra finds their own most polite.
    thats why debates about subjective matter are retarded

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    My ESE sister is one of the most polite people I know but she often says I am rude to her. I think she is only half kidding. I just say something and her response will be "rude!" even when I was not meaning to be. My EII sister can be rude in her own way. I guess we can all see each other rude in different situations. I believe we all have vaguely different ideas of what is and isn't acceptable behavior but many fundamental overlaps since we were raised by the same people (sx last parents). My EII sister and I were partially raised by an ESI aunt so there is that too.
    I tried for awhile to be kinder, softer, gentler and so on because of how often I've gotten called rude, and it just ended up backfiring. I alienated the people I actually liked and only temporarily pacified the others, so I stopped trying so hard. (It was also very stressful and didn't seem to do any good) Edit: I think it's most accurate to say that I like people who don't find me offensive. I don't have to worry about holding myself in check or anyone getting upset and what-not.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah fuck role

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Fi relates to be pleasant, to inspire the sympathy. So this relates to be polite the most.
    Fe relates in case of not be personally pleasant but to follow a tradition, ritual, subordinancy, to follow a respectful "high" style.

Why I said about delta Fi: 1) they better understand people (Ne) to do not insult them accidentally, or more than expected, better understand nuances to do not look as rude and behave more appropriately, 2) they are harder to be insulted to react by anger and rudeness in return by the similar reason.
    K, I see where you're coming from there.

mb our IR affect the perception too
    Could be, as I don't mind some rudeness. Not that I want a bunch of insults hurled at me or anything, but I would rather people be straight with me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    3: You didn't comment on Ni for @Chae. Why is that?

4: You didn't respond when I asked you if you read the Van der Hoop quote with its very important distinctions. Why is that? This: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1263907
    You want an example of @Chae's Ni? This thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...mething-Thread

This clearly prioritizes the long-term value of society (Ni) over short-term comfort (Si) - or "complacence" as a Beta might describe it. And this is done by forcefully attacking whatever malignant forces of injustice are perceived to be present (SeTi).

A Jungian definition of Fe (as opposed to a socionic one) can only have very limited relevance for socionics since it won't take into account (or likely, be consistent with) intertype or interelement relations. This has to be the driving force behind socionic definitions, in my opinion.

Golihov's Fe base:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Dmitry-Golihov

Fe as leading function in EIE (ENFj; Hamlet) and ESE (ESFj; Hugo) - the person lives through manifested relationships between people, their emotions and feelings, can make a favorable impression, create a positive atmosphere. Conservative in his estimates of how people relate to one another as well as to himself, as long as their attitude does not change - this may cause irritation for him. Categorically rejects those who treat others badly or act from base motives - for him such people are like a red rag to a bull. Attached to those in whose sympathies he is confident. Knows how to make people feel valued. Relations are perceived as something permanent and if a person has changed, he won't believe it - it's an area of conservation for him. The "good" should be "good" and "bad" - "bad". If they start behaving in a contrary manner, this irritates him. Therefore, he doesn't want to believe that relations are changing until he can no longer deny the facts, and even then he can try to blame someone else. Never deliberately exacerbates relations. Multiple stable relationships and personal connections form the foundation of his personality. Cannot spend time alone, if there is nobody to relate to, if nobody needs him, then he doesn't exist. The world around him should be good, kind, loving and caring. Sometimes he can search for a place among the religious sects that preach the principle "love each other". If they cannot achiever favorable disposition of others, this provokes anger and inferiority complex. Can be a zealot about such things as behavioral norms, that people in certain situations must demonstrate appropriate sense of the situation deviations from which can be annoying to him. Needs a public. Any situation is primarily a combination of relations.
    This isn't even really a definition, it's a behavioral description of Fe in a certain position (and not a particularly good one either, according to my observations).

As you can see, these descriptions take into account the Rationality of Feeling. Your definition of "self expression" does not.

With your definition, quite a few people who are not even Rational types or even Fe valuing can get typed Fe base. That's just wrong in my opinion. Wrong conceptually and in practice too.

How do you get around that yourself?
    The classical definition of rationality is very problematic in my opinion, so I have no need to reconcile it with the definition of Fe. Again, it's the relationships that matter more so than what the dichotomies were classically understood to be.

(Also, I should note that my working definition of Fe is actually "information about states", self-expression is -Fe in particular.)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

id say it attracts humanitarians and researchers most with a good amount of socials. pragmatists the least but they seem to take up a disproportionate amount of space by their very nature
    true there.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You want an example of @Chae's Ni? This thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...mething-Thread

Thanks for finding an example. But this is full of Ne/Si valuing.

E.g.:

This clearly prioritizes the long-term value of society (Ni) over short-term comfort (Si) - or "complacence" as a Beta might describe it. And this is done by forcefully attacking whatever malignant forces of injustice are perceived to be present (SeTi).
    Long term (anything reaching beyond the tangible present) approach is just N. Can be Ni, can be Ne. Don't tell me alpha NTs don't discuss that stuff. They do, a lot.

Si: "Common mascara is extremely toxic.

I stopped wearing it, that stuff caused me the eeriest of infections. 3 months of use and you're literally smearing an illness"

And so on and on and on... An EIE would run away screaming after a while of reading this load of Si lol.

But really overall, I trust my own metacognitive awareness to recognize that @Chae has about zero Ni expressed. That is, I know how I mentally respond to Ni, she has none of it. She instead has jumps in her ideas that Ni egos just don't do. To be clear, if I'm wrong about IEE, she's still definitely a Ne/Si valuing type, ESE would be the 2nd option, but I'm not seeing it really (not excluding it 100%, but what I am certain about is, Chae is Ne/Si valuing ExFx).

A Jungian definition of Fe (as opposed to a socionic one) can only have very limited relevance for socionics since it won't take into account (or likely, be consistent with) intertype or interelement relations. This has to be the driving force behind socionic definitions, in my opinion.
    Jung does take into account the dynamics between functions of duality... his whole theory takes it heavily into account, though sure it doesn't deal with interpersonal dynamics of them, just intrapersonal. I don't see Socionics explaining any better why an IE is a complementary opposite to another IE, etc.

This isn't even really a definition, it's a behavioral description of Fe in a certain position (and not a particularly good one either, according to my observations).
    This is most definitely not just behavioural, but describes the cognitive focus too: "the person lives through manifested relationships between people, their emotions and feelings".

Again, this isn't behavioural: "Relations are perceived as something permanent and if a person has changed, he won't believe it - it's an area of conservation for him."

This either: "Multiple stable relationships and personal connections form the foundation of his personality."

Or this: "Any situation is primarily a combination of relations."

And Van der Hoop shows important differences between the information type of Feeling and Intuition with definitions that are compatible with Socionics Ethics and Intuition a lot of people on here seem to ignore. Yes I know he's a jungian writer, but it deals enough with information processing for me to call them that.

Did you read the Van der Hoop bit on that? Sorry for asking again but I really want to know.

The classical definition of rationality is very problematic in my opinion, so I have no need to reconcile it with the definition of Fe.
    You mean the definition about judging what's to be rather than just perceiving what is?

I definitely think the difference between the Fe of ExE and Fe of an Irrational Ethical type is significant in terms of this. Rationality provides consistency and direction to the judgments and behaviour. This applies to Feeling/Ethics just as much as to Thinking/Logic.

Again, it's the relationships that matter more so than what the dichotomies were classically understood to be.

(Also, I should note that my working definition of Fe is actually "information about states", self-expression is -Fe in particular.)
    The dichotomies of the information types are absolutely part of the basics. You can't say that they matter less. Without them, the relationships of their dynamics don't exist either.

Haha, "information about states", nice abstract LII view of Fe. I'd actually be ok with that definition if it specified what kind of states, but I guess you just left that out. I haven't visited your site in a while so not sure if you have it on there beyond "internal states" which is still too undefined to me. Since Intuition deals with them too.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    @Number 9 large (SLE maybe SEE): D, dat u use, m8. Full throttle with base.
    @Olimpia (IEI): D, her drive to put ego block in use albeit lack of and rears their ugly heads. Likes to put (relatively so) super-ego block aside. I think she establishes very well base + creative dynamics so I think D type. Ip shifts towards Ej is bit contrary. Clearly not C energy in creative. I could put N under consideration.
    @Aylen (IEI): H, it is rather easy to detect her large information consumption while remaining skeptical (albeit bit obscure sources) in that process. She clearly works with (which is PoLR). Might work with it in other ways like possibly gaining some profit (just speculation).
    @Tallmo (SEI): N, goal to find/search for comfortable OK place (mentally) while using good amount role .
    Don't see @Number 9 large's Se. Let alone together with D...

I think N makes sense for @Olimpia.

If @Aylen is H, she has to be EIE-H. No way she's IEI-H, she's far from being that self-submerged.

@Tallmo might be IEI, definitely surprising amount of Ni.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Better but not on point, another lecture is due. Let's see: Long-term value I didn't think about when opening it, that was impulse. What crosses me on the Internet aka bothers me at the very moment. It's to make myself be clear-cut and others aware, although I thought about the theme I always pursue deliberately i.e. women. My intent ended up being: To be critical about these topics in particular and on the same page, to fast forward a political stance, to collect these impressions, to have a thread that serves truth for dinner. I can sort my memes in there as well, within the overwhelming collection of my threads everything has a place. Remember what I said about order, the method to the madness exists in this case. But: I don't plan or look two steps ahead by principle. "Uh, I just do it and see, your job is to swallow" is the asshole attitude. Future is influenced now to be the way that it is when it arrives. Everything else makes no sense, and I'm not Nostradamus. And as dumb as a brick on top of that to think about one year ahead, jot it down. Too lazy. Complacency VS justice, [counter-]attack, and most importantly protection — Chae 101 key word! — you are correct. I believe very much in justice and punishment/revenge when it comes to the right and wrong of society according to my personal ideology which discriminates between cases. That part aligns with Beta more than anything, I already second that don't you worry. I'm just collecting more insights to piece it together on my own. Otherwise, I'd be adamant to accept a typing. Yes, it doesn't escape my gaze that you're working hard elsewhere, so keep it up You're dedicated and exacting. But it will be filtered and reconstructed here to suit my demands. When I figured it out, I will superimpose my typing with all insights combined.

About justice: definitely a core value (I have long considered 368 respectively). E.g.: rapists must be castrated no matter the circumstance. In a vicious and painful manner at best so it's deeply traumatizing. Avenging cruelty that borders flat-out sadism is better than the death penalty, increased psychological effect. Plus a demonstrative statement that an underdog bites back and can't be messed with as there will be consequences for treading on the weak. In some ways, insecure-reactive or brutish and not very loving, in others, extremely effective. The appropriate mirroring answer for criminal acts that show no empathy to begin with. Daily comfort is 50/50 for me. It is necessary for my state to cool from the rage and the hustle, make interactions easier, and keeping myself together. Motto: I know my impact, so I know my leisure. I can't go off all the time and put some misogynists in their place, I treasure my sleep, this is what the misogynists don't want me to do so I will do it out of spite! Resistance to men's dictate of sleep! I'm half satirical here, but the grain of truth is blatant. My true comfort principle is: I pour some green tea while everything is ablaze and lean back. Eases the chatter around me so I relax. Society on the other hand is best shaken up to reach this comfort state when said injustices are gone. Comfort isn't bad, it just needs the right circumstance. Nothing shady is covered up by it in a hypocritical way: see wide-ranging, exploitative power imbalances that pretend they are not there. I can't enjoy munching on my salad when there are bullies around. Complacency is cooperation with evil in a way, once you see through the workings of the world it's impossible to overlook. I do understand it in a way that it falls into fight/flight/freeze, the latter in this case, and it is natural. I wouldn't brush off completely here for the sake of .

That was the bottom line and sermon of today, mother has spoken. Hope it corrected some things and my drives are outlined if they weren't obvious already. Now, in fact, I shall drink tea.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manjac View Post
    yea i dont have time to read that haha

anyway i find it sad how sol keeps retelling the same stories about how women rejected him and him blaming it on socionics... almost seems psychotic

after considering being an extrovert, me being an extrovert is.. impossible. everyone and i mean everyone who has ever met me would describe me as quiet and shy. im also too introspective for my own good i think.
    Photo of you I saw a while ago kinda looked EIEish but IEI fits on the whole.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think Sol blames socionics so much as references it in describing the dynamics of how whatever unfolded. its just a useful framework to get a handle on what transpired. maybe not the best, the best would be to be an ethical type gifted and devoted to sussing out those nuances in a more natural way, but still, one can't be the best at everything

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    When a huge part of your pseudoscience directly concerns how people of different types interact and form relationships with one another, I'd imagine that would easily leak into your daily life. Suddenly the knowledge is right there in front of you, and you can overanalyze all the people you're close to in order to figure out why your interaction with a girl went wrong or whatever. "She's so cute! But what if she's secretly my conflictor... but maybe I'm actually this other type, which would make her my activity partner" et cetera.
    That's what's totally pointless lol. Guessing like that about people according to a model that's not meant to be used in this way. I see the model as only meant to be used on a very general level, an actually comprehensive *and* detailed understanding of how the mind/brain works is what would be required for analysis of details beyond that. Maybe some very smart AI in future will be able to do that kind of analysis on the move lol.

And yeah, sure it's hard to avoid focusing on some details here and there instead of always just trying to see the general approach of the person. The latter for me takes time unless I see some pattern about them that I already know from past analyses and thus can recognize.

For details I try to pick ones that seem relevant to definitions, avoiding use of model A function placement nuances beyond the absolute basics.

And if you make that pseudoscience a larger interest, it clearly takes over how you perceive your interactions to a greater extent.
    One of the most terrible consequences of misuse of the Socionics model.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I don't think Sol blames socionics so much as references it in describing the dynamics of how whatever unfolded. its just a useful framework to get a handle on what transpired. maybe not the best, the best would be to be an ethical type gifted and devoted to sussing out those nuances in a more natural way, but still, one can't be the best at everything
    Lol it's far from the best tbh, if you use model A (or those other obscure Socionics models).

Some Socionics concepts are useful for this analysis but please, not within model A (or those other obscure Socionics models).

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Glad to see this threas getting the love it deserves yet again .
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Cuivienen reminds IEI by photo
    not allowed my quadra

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tallmo might be IEI, definitely surprising amount of Ni.
    Now i really feel provoked to say lots of Ni stuff. You havent seen anything yet. ☺

But seriously its simply a fact that certain people develop weak functons and can used them in a limited way like in this forum. Also writing is an exellent medium for this.

My best hint for anybody wanting to type me is to look at the blockings. Do i have NT or ST blocking. Or do i seem Se seeking or Ne seeking.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

A Jungian definition of Fe (as opposed to a socionic one)
    It's heresy, as Socioinics is Jung's typology.

Jung's core types theory, including definitions of functions are used in Socionics, are part of it. At best they can be expanded in Socionics, but not to have a contradiction. Augustinavichiute's works have lower priority than Jung and if something in her descriptions looks as not fitting to Jung's core types theory - it's wrong or an expansion. If you think other - you do not understand the core theory or do not see how it is on practice.

Fe is about objective emotional value of objects. Such is at Jung and is in Socionics, which can only add the other view on the same, but not to reject.

If you relate by "other" definition to expanded Jung's functions descriptions - they are secondary, not definitions. They does not matter much, including because Jung not always is clear to be interpereted correctly, besides could be wrong in wider interpretation and using of the own theory. He misunderstood own type, for example. Augustinavichiute is also not perfect to trust her blindly or could be misunderstood. While what wrote other authors - mb just anything.

Those who claim that Socionics is not Jung's typology: 1) are wrong, 2) sabotage the spreading of Socionics. Without Jung Socionics is nothing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the definition about judging what's to be rather than just perceiving what is?
    That isn't even the classical socionics definition, it's a Myers-Briggs definition. The socionics definition (see here) is about rigidity vs. spontaneity, which doesn't fit so great for types with high Fe and Ne like EIE.

The dichotomies of the information types are absolutely part of the basics. You can't say that they matter less. Without them, the relationships of their dynamics don't exist either.
    I did not say the dichotomies don't matter, it's their classical descriptions which are incorrect. I see the correct definition of the dichotomies as a future goal for socionics, not something that is already set in stone. The definitions of the individual IM elements are far more clear.

Haha, "information about states", nice abstract LII view of Fe. I'd actually be ok with that definition if it specified what kind of states, but I guess you just left that out. I haven't visited your site in a while so not sure if you have it on there beyond "internal states" which is still too undefined to me. Since Intuition deals with them too.
    Sorry, yes I meant internal states (of sentient information processors aka people). Te deals with external world-states.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-24-2018 at 11:38 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

It's heresy, as Socioinics is Jung's typology.

Jung's core types theory, including definitions of functions are used in Socionics, are part of it. At best they can be expanded in Socionics, but not to have a contradiction. Augustinavichiute's works have lower priority than Jung and if something in her descriptions looks as not fitting to Jung's core types theory - it's wrong or an expansion. If you think other - you do not understand the core theory or do not see how it is on practice.

Fe is about objective emotional value of objects. Such is at Jung and is in Socionics, which can only add the other view on the same, but not to reject.

If you relate by "other" definition to expanded Jung's functions descriptions - they are secondary, not definitions. They does not matter much, including because Jung not always is clear to be interpereted correctly, besides could be wrong in wider interpretation and using of the own theory. He misunderstood own type, for example. Augustinavichiute is also not perfect to trust her blindly or could be misunderstood. While what wrote other authors - mb just anything.

Those who claim that Socionics is not Jung's typology: 1) are wrong, 2) sabotage the spreading of Socionics. Without Jung Socionics is nothing.
    And you see yourself as LSE after this post that's Ti overload......

But of course it would be hard for you to retype now after having declared yourself as the best typer on here countless times.

I happen to agree with how to prioritize here to avoid contradictions btw, etc. I don't really agree that Jung mistyped himself, he was Ti-Ni (LII in jungian version of the system) alright.

PS: It is weird really... you lost a lot of my respect with your previous post where you were really fucking hypocritical and avoiding pure objectivity, but then you write stuff that is (almost) the exact same way I think about it. (Well, I do think about it in a more detailed way because I digged deeper than you but the basic principles are good mostly.)

That isn't even the classical socionics definition, it's a Myers-Briggs definition. The socionics definition (see here) is about rigidity vs. spontaneity, which doesn't fit so great for types with high Fe and Ne like EIE.
    That wasn't a fucking Myers-Briggs definition. It was Jung. And no, the socionics definition is NOT simply about rigidity vs spontaneity, even the link you are giving isn't defining it as that. You said I was giving you a description and not a definition, well now you did the same with this lol. The stuff on that link that discusses rigidity/spontaneity is a description, not a definition (list of characteristics).

The definitions on that page:

"Rationality in socionics is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on actions and emotions. In contrast, Irrationality means a focus on states of mind and body."

"Rational types are defined as any type that has a rational element (T/F) in its first or leading function.
    Irrational types are defines as any type that has an irrational element (N/S) in its first or leading function."

Alright we really really have fundamentally different views, shockingly different actually.

I did not say the dichotomies don't matter, it's their classical descriptions which are incorrect. I see the correct definition of the dichotomies as a future goal for socionics, not something that is already set in stone. The definitions of the individual IM elements are far more clear.
    Alright, just curious, what do you see as wrong with the dichotomies?

And you are intentionally not answering me about Van der Hoop lol! Why?

Sorry, yes I meant internal states (of sentient information processors aka people). Te deals with external world-states.
    No worries. The internal states that Intuition sees, how do you define those states?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Now i really feel provoked to say lots of Ni stuff. You havent seen anything yet. ☺

But seriously its simply a fact that certain people develop weak functons and can used them in a limited way like in this forum. Also writing is an exellent medium for this.

My best hint for anybody wanting to type me is to look at the blockings. Do i have NT or ST blocking. Or do i seem Se seeking or Ne seeking.
    NT or ST blocking... You sound like an SLE would do good to you to pull you out of your mind and your obscure rabbitholey thinking a bit

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love @Myst so much.

NOTE: This post is not an ass-kissing post, I repeat, this post is not an ass-kissing post.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That wasn't a fucking Myers-Briggs definition. It was Jung.
    It doesn't really matter, it's also irrelevant to my interpretation of socionics.

And no, the socionics definition is NOT simply about rigidity vs spontaneity, even the link you are giving isn't defining it as that. You said I was giving you a description and not a definition, well now you did the same with this lol. The stuff on that link that discusses rigidity/spontaneity is a description, not a definition (list of characteristics).

The definitions on that page:

"Rationality in socionics is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on actions and emotions. In contrast, Irrationality means a focus on states of mind and body."

"Rational types are defined as any type that has a rational element (T/F) in its first or leading function.
    Irrational types are defines as any type that has an irrational element (N/S) in its first or leading function."
    It's a description yes, although the list of traits is closer to what I usually see in socionics literature. "a focus on actions and emotions" isn't saying much really.

Alright, just curious, what do you see as wrong with the dichotomies?
    Like I said, the one I mentioned doesn't fit EIEs very well. The "judging/perceiving" interpretation (which is definitely used in MBTI also) overlaps with Se/Ni vs. Si/Ne.

And you are intentionally not answering me about Van der Hoop lol! Why?
    I already told you I'm not interested in wasting my time reading Jungian sources, the problem you claim it solves doesn't exist for me.

No worries. The internal states that Intuition sees, how do you define those states?
    I wouldn't say that intuition sees states, more like mental imagery/forms or possibilities.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Don't see @Number 9 large's Se. Let alone together with D...

I think N makes sense for @Olimpia.

If @Aylen is H, she has to be EIE-H. No way she's IEI-H, she's far from being that self-submerged.

@Tallmo might be IEI, definitely surprising amount of Ni.

So far Deer <3 made the most convincing argument for me being D but she did not seem to be using the DCNH I see some people using here. I have no idea which one you guys are using tbh. I read Gulenko's D and I would not say that is best fit . She and I spoke about it on voice but I wish she had written her perspective on it down. H would probably be best fit but I can see a bit of myself in all the IEI descriptions but not all the EIE descriptions.

Dominant

The Mocking Lyricist
    Key words: Dreaminess Fun and humor Conciliation Defiance

Prototypes: people subtly mocking flaws of the existing system

This person is characterized by impulsiveness, and can sometimes be abrupt in his actions. He can abandon the initiated tasks and then get back to them after a while. He is internally restless and his desires are contradictory. He has violent mood swings going from laughter to tears and vice versa. Actively pushes his ideas forward and defends them. When he calms down, becomes perceptive to advice or tips which he follows thoroughly… until his next emotional outburst.

He likes to talk about various unusual phenomena or emerging events. While sensing the danger, his anxious mood is conveyed to others. At the same time he does not lose faith in the victory and can cheer up those who lose hope and give them an emotional boost. His moral sufferings are closely connected to his physicality.

Sudden changes do not scare him. In extreme situations, his fearlessness in front of danger provokes admiration or surprise within his peers. He does not obey and resists external pressure, he is capable of insisting on his opinions quite rigidly.
    Wants to be practical and a house person but can’t sustain regular rhythm of work for a long time. Often spends too much money, can buy unneeded items under the influx of emotions. People who are greedy have low value in his book.
    Often ironic and sarcastic, but prefers to present even the unpleasant things as a joke, with a smile. Extremely in need of praise and encouragement, he is also sensitive about criticism regarding his work. He gets offended if his efforts stay unnoticed. Tends to lead in personal interactions.

As far as H for me, I have read IEI and EIE. If I put them together and remove some things from each that do not fit me at all I have my subtype.

Harmonizing subtype

The Imaginative Mentor

Prototypes: prophets and esoteric interpreters/readers, like Nostradamus or Blavatskaya

A person with a very developed imagination, sees what is happening around in terms of fate or hidden meaning. Waits for an event or a sign announcing the beginning of change. Prudent and farsighted, can correctly allocate activities in time. Can wait the right moment. Inclined to pessimism which he prefers to call common sense.

Often interested in the unusual, mysterious phenomena. Often anticipates/guesses future developments. His well-being and mood change a lot. He is distrustful of information that does not fit his view of the phenomenon or person. Slow to make decisions, weighs in a very detailed way all the "pros" and "cons". Can hardly reach internal balance, so he is very annoyed and irritated when someone breaks his rest.

Can listen to people during quite a long time, will give his opinion unobtrusively without providing any straight answer. Often mediates between disputing parties while they are trying to win him over, each to their side. Can preach two conflicting friends for a long time by explaining the position or the motivation of the opponent to each of them.
    Tends to prefer measured and relaxed way of life. Undemanding but disorganized at home. Inclined to aesthetic expression in his writings or handicrafts. Pretty suspicious, is afraid of diseases and injuries. Can be minimalistic but appreciates a lot comfort and coziness. It is difficult for him to systematically take care of his health.

Likes to do many things at once. Moody and picky when having a choice, be it in clothing or in personal relationships. Unpleasant things are usually put off. Pretty unsure of himself, scared of being ridiculed or rejected. Critical towards their physique and abilities.

Spends a lot of time alone, while reading rare authors or listening to special music. At such moments his imagination shows him unusual events or archetypes. Often suffers from recurrent depression or panic attacks. Is somehow attracted by the dark sides of life.

Harmonizing subtype

The Dreaming Lyricist

Prototypes: naive dreamers about the bright future like Manilov in Gogol's "Dead Souls"

Soft and considerate person. A soulful poetic personality, a dreamer and a romantic deep inside. Has refined perception of the external world. Willing to share his views and concerns with others. Seeking understanding, sympathy and support.
    His forecasting ability is very well developed. He worries over the dangerous development of events, gradually prepares others for the future. Does not like to hurry and bustle as he thinks that every bullet has its billet, don’t run from fate. Although he notes all the imperfections of the world, he truly believes in the victory of good over evil, he believes in the bright future.

Usually gets interested in various philosophical and mystical arts, historical literature, non-traditional religions. Has got a good image memory. Is somewhat mannered in communication.

Dresses tastefully, has inner elegant look even when he neglects his appearance. Takes care about his own health as much as of his close ones. Adapts well to difficult living conditions. Has the ability to relax even in a tense atmosphere.

Last edited by Aylen; 04-25-2018 at 06:58 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

man I hope gulenko DCNHs the rest of the socion soon

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My perception of DCNH subs
    D organizes
    N maintains

C creates
    H synthesizes

It is actually quite ridiculously apparent from general empirical portraits. The main problem with Gulenko is that he tries to obfuscate things left spinner ways so hard that it is bit detrimental to him. Anyways I do find interesting stuff in it to be used in ways. Gulenko himself is clear C.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-24-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

It doesn't really matter, it's also irrelevant to my interpretation of socionics.
    It does matter which system one is referring to.

Sure, you have a different interpretation of Socionics, yes.

It's a description yes, although the list of traits is closer to what I usually see in socionics literature. "a focus on actions and emotions" isn't saying much really.
    I quoted more than just "a focus on actions and emotions".

It's interesting you don't find it a meaningful dichotomy, while I experience it as a significant factor in practice too... the difference between Rationals and Irrationals. Pretty fundamental.

Like I said, the one I mentioned doesn't fit EIEs very well. The "judging/perceiving" interpretation (which is definitely used in MBTI also) overlaps with Se/Ni vs. Si/Ne.
    I actually experience EIE to be more consistent and more stiff so to speak than IEI. These characteristics of Rationality do seem to fit EIE well.

Decisive/Judicious isn't about the same thing as Rationality/Irrationality but yeah, it sounds deceptively similar in some aspects.

I already told you I'm not interested in wasting my time reading Jungian sources, the problem you claim it solves doesn't exist for me.
    You don't recognize the problem.

What is your problem with Jung btw, I'm curious, what do you see that's so much better in Socionics?

I wouldn't say that intuition sees states, more like mental imagery/forms or possibilities.
    I was referring to this sort of thing:

Ni as creative function of EIE (ENFj; Hamlet) and LIE (ENTj; Jack London) - like to find internally contradictory people, "dig" in them and create in them internal harmony and mood. They make for great artists, because they know how to and love to "become" one with an image of a man and play a role from his worldview. They are able to understand the essence of complex internal situations and make for potentially good analysts. Often it is difficult to find employment for them, as their "product" is the internal conflicts of man and essence, and to penetrate so far, into "the soul" of man, you just need to have permission. Often become unstable, vulnerable, fragile, just so that they can harmonize themselves, and sometimes can start to torment and tear into themselves and dig into their own issues. They have a difficulty finding adequate application to their creative function in the world, since it is not in high demand - not everyone wants someone else to dig into their internal states. Their product - bold ideas, principles, systems of belief and knowledge that they bring into the world and promote. But they do this beautifully, creatively, elegantly, not forcibly imposing them but promoting them in interesting ways. Search for internally contradictory situations, like to grasp their essence. Often realize themselves in art and writing, as this is also a good way to use the function. They are able to enter into various internal psychological states. A good speaker, as he is able to influence positively on the internal state of others. Their product is the "wholeness" of the internal state, and therefore they can find success in field of psychology, because it means that they are the healers of souls. In life they loved to dramatize everything. Everyone around becomes informed about the slightest change in their mood or internal state. Usually they are very fond of "making mountains out of molehills", for them this is a way to find work for their second function. The more they become exposed - the greater the realization of their personality in the world.

(see the bolded parts especially)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

So far Deer <3 made the most convincing argument for me being D but she did not seem to be using the DCNH I see some people using here. I have no idea which one you guys are using tbh. I read Gulenko's D and I would not say that is best fit . She and I spoke about it on voice but I wish she had written her perspective on it down. H would probably be best fit but I can see a bit of myself in all the IEI descriptions but not all the EIE descriptions.
    I just doubt IEI-H is you at all. IEI is ok, but IEI-H...not really

D organizes
    N maintains

C creates
    H synthesizes

It is actually quite ridiculously apparent from general empirical portraits. The main problem with Gulenko is that he tries to obfuscate things left spinner ways so hard that it is bit detrimental to him. Anyways I do find interesting stuff in it to be used in ways. Gulenko himself is clear C.
    Based on these short definitions I do all of D, N, C at times. Now, do I do D or N more as the main overarching pattern... oh yeahh, D. Just maintaining things is boring af. I always need to be doing more than that.

man I hope gulenko DCNHs the rest of the socion soon
    I do like the beta DCNHs and DCNH in general. It all makes analysis more complex but is worth it, it seems. For example, D apparently makes introverts deceptively look like they have an extravert's energy. But their temperament is still their base Ip or Ij temperament, along with Ip's keeping their base Irrationality, even if harder to notice behind the D energy, and despite being quite energetic, they are still coming from inside themselves to interact with the environment. I do look deceptively extraverted too to some people, apparently. With D having Se emphasized too, and for some reason (due it being in ego, I guess) that's what's noticed first, not that Te-Fe energy axis. I'm like half D half C almost really, lol. Except C has Ne too, no Ne for me.
    Last edited by Myst; 04-25-2018 at 02:31 AM.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh. Lemme butt in! 'cuse me coming through.

And you see yourself as LSE after this post that's Ti overload......
    See, for as much as I am so not invested in the overall discussion here, this particular issue is one that I have been pondering lately and as I stumbled on it here I decided I MUST respond to it.

Sol's take on Jung and Socionics is, in my view, a strongly pragmatic one - in the purest sense of the word as well as in the Socionics sense. There is the originator of a concept, and there are the offshoot theories of this concept. If these offshoot theories directly contradict the origin, then they are wrong and are to be corrected or discarded. If not, then you'll end up with a gazillion "versions" of the same theory that become more and more disconnected from reality, reducing the level of practical application of these models. One-fit-for-all is one strong pragmatic thought, a Te one.

The view that these theories are each valid within their own theoretical internal structure, separate from one another in its validity - yet with obvious links to each other that ought to not be taken into account when discussing each operational segment - is that of Ti. It separates theory from reality, as any introverted attitude will do, allowing the theory to develop and live on its own, mutating into a different form depending on its 'author' (the Ti type thinking of it). Consequently this becomes yet another separate child of the mother of theories, but one that can't be reconciled with the origin because too many fundamentals have been altered. Abstract theory that lives its own life. As a result, you can be a Fe type based on Jung's, and a Ne type based on a disconnected-from-reality Ti child. This is the opposite from a pragmatic outlook, making this line of thinking not Te.

Thank you for your attention and have a wonderful day.

|*+- Curtains close -+*|

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does anyone knows if there are DCNH descriptions specific for Delta types?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

D organizes
    N maintains

C creates
    H synthesizes

In your perception of DCNH I am H then. Synthesis combines the different elements into the whole. I have aspects of each and would be able to take elements from all known descriptions of IEI and make my own description to explain why I feel I am whole. This is the only socionics type I would be able to do that with using all the known descriptions to create my own subtype.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Does anyone knows if there are DCNH descriptions specific for Delta types?
    Are there links to valid descriptions of DCNH subtypes for any type in general? I feel like ken of these subtypes is screwing with my typing of myself on some level.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah gulenko did DCNH profiles for beta quadra here (scroll down for link midway)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In your perception of DCNH I am H then. Synthesis combines the different elements into the whole. I have aspects of each and would be able to take elements from all known descriptions of IEI and make my own description to explain why I feel I am whole. This is the only socionics type I would be able to do that with using all the known descriptions to create my own subtype.
    I think synthesis usually reconciles lots of differences that creative tries to put out there.

There is a ring where: D->C->N->H->D. H gives a push toward dominant people (H prevails D). Sometimes D will correct H (subtype supervision) maybe being too "vague". I think that H adopts D (or any subtype towards prevailing subtype) characteristics as he/she gets older.

But you could also be EIE-H in POV. Not sure.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah gulenko did DCNH profiles for beta quadra here (scroll down for link midway)
    Cool thanks. Yeah I guess Delta would be on the way then.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    Are there links to valid descriptions of DCNH subtypes for any type in general? I feel like ken of these subtypes is screwing with my typing of myself on some level.
    I suggest focusing on finding your own sociotype first and leave DCNH for later.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I suggest focusing on finding your own sociotype first and leave DCNH for later.
    Hmmm alright. Probably shouldn't focus on too much at a time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The main problem with Gulenko is that
    he says baseless fantasies under the label "Socionics"

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Ooh. Lemme butt in! 'cuse me coming through.

See, for as much as I am so not invested in the overall discussion here, this particular issue is one that I have been pondering lately and as I stumbled on it here I decided I MUST respond to it.

Sol's take on Jung and Socionics is, in my view, a strongly pragmatic one - in the purest sense of the word as well as in the Socionics sense. There is the originator of a concept, and there are the offshoot theories of this concept. If these offshoot theories directly contradict the origin, then they are wrong and are to be corrected or discarded. If not, then you'll end up with a gazillion "versions" of the same theory that become more and more disconnected from reality, reducing the level of practical application of these models. One-fit-for-all is one strong pragmatic thought, a Te one.

The view that these theories are each valid within their own theoretical internal structure, separate from one another in its validity - yet with obvious links to each other that ought to not be taken into account when discussing each operational segment - is that of Ti. It separates theory from reality, as any introverted attitude will do, allowing the theory to develop and live on its own, mutating into a different form depending on its 'author' (the Ti type thinking of it). Consequently this becomes yet another separate child of the mother of theories, but one that can't be reconciled with the origin because too many fundamentals have been altered. Abstract theory that lives its own life. As a result, you can be a Fe type based on Jung's, and a Ne type based on a disconnected-from-reality Ti child. This is the opposite from a pragmatic outlook, making this line of thinking not Te.
    The first thing you describe is Ti. Discard irrelevant facts: Ti, one overarching system for everything: Ti, filtering everything through it: Ti.

The second thing you describe is Irrational Ni abstractions without the strict logical consistency of Ti and in high opposition with the tangible reality of Se.

Thank you for your attention and have a wonderful day.

|*+- Curtains close -+*|
    Lol - nice Fe performance.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think synthesis usually reconciles lots of differences that creative tries to put out there.

There is a ring where: D->C->N->H->D. H gives a push toward dominant people (H prevails D). Sometimes D will correct H (subtype supervision) maybe being too "vague". I think that H adopts D (or any subtype towards prevailing subtype) characteristics as he/she gets older.

But you could also be EIE-H in POV. Not sure.

This would make me feel too good and full of myself so probably not me. Some core traits of EIE cognition do not fit me but I do think VS fits best with a bit of DA cog but most of that DA profile I relate to seems to be some behavior/interests, not cognition.

My perception of true EIE are a bit idealized by me ever since Ashton explained to me why EIE was the most intuitive type even more than IEI. My ex is EIE and he has even managed to form his own little cult-like following. I only type a couple here EIE with very few doubts about it. It is weird that some people get typed EIE just because people think they are negative which could be related to so many other things going on in their life. Hopefully my sarcasm and dark humor is not what got me a couple possible EIE typings on spreadsheet.

Anyway his points were so good I could not argue them. I know people are divided on his type but he does know a lot about Ni in particular. He typed me IEI sx/sp 4 after seeing my video and talking to me but the way he made fun of and corrected me before we talked would leave me frustrated and I guess I had almost a stereotypical reaction at first. :/ Now we are cool. One on one chats can make things a bit smoother as you get to see someone more uniquely human than a generic type description from any system. I find connecting with Ni egos rather easy. As long as we avoid points of conflict like politics or whatever. With other LIE on the forum I connect through music most often. Music is a universal language which takes things to a higher (or base) level for me.

I really want to claim being EIE-H atm but would feel like a fraud.

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I really want to claim being EIE-H atm but would feel like a fraud.
    Haha it would be cool if you were EIE but no, pretty sure you are IEI

Which people on here do you type EIE?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Haha it would be cool if you were EIE but no, pretty sure you are IEI

Which people on here do you type EIE?
    I have been slowly working on my spreadsheet when the mood strikes me. I observe more than I say. I need to have it clear and as close to accurate without interference from feelings (emotions, good or bad) or shreds of doubts. I think I have an old thread where I typed some people too. Not sure if I closed it. Only a few of my typings have changed since then due to new information. I like participating in typing someone only when I can ask questions and get their feedback. Sometimes I speculate with friends which is fun. I do get instant impressions based on some vibes from videos and pics but I am more into wait and see how a personality unfolds both irl and on the forum. The issue is separating what is natural and what is coming from reading too many descriptions. People tend to want to be in a quadra with those they like and push those they don't out. I don't want to be like that.

When I joined every petite, pretty, flowery, innocent looking girl was being typed IEI by the active members then. Many of them had red hair too. haha Trends change though and some of those girls were troll accounts, not all. All that is fluff to me. I will share when I am ready to present it with clarity.

YWIMW