Thread: Member Questionnaire (nerdyburnie)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (nerdyburnie)

Member Questionnaire 1 (nerdyburnie)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is hard to define because, at least in my opinion, it is largely relative. Someone would obviously view their own creation as more beautiful than probably anyone else would because it is a product of their own imagination. So, I think beauty is somewhat defined by a person's subjective experiences with an object or a person. Love, on the other hand, is even more difficult for me to define. I don't know why, but love has always been a difficult concept for me to grasp. I've often wondered if I even truly love anyone. However, I tend to quantify it on the lengths you would go to keep that person in your life and what you would sacrifice for that person.
    What are your most important values?
    I place a whole lot of value on my intelligence. I've always been a considered well above average in terms of intellect, and I place more importance on it than I would like to admit. It's one of the biggest things that makes me me. I also highly value my freedom. I completely DESPISE being bounded down by rules. I'm a little rebellious by nature. I like to live my life the way that I want to, and when people try to infringe upon my right to do that, I often get very angry and aggressive.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I am a Christian, but I don't believe I am like a lot of Christians in the way I think. I am very scientifically inclined in a way that a lot of Christians aren't, and I adore math and physics. I sort of think of it as my duty to bridge the gap between science and religion. To me, they don't seem mutually exclusive. As for why I hold the beliefs I do, I believe that there is too much order in the universe for there not to be some intelligent force behind it. I don't know. That's just my personal experience.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think nations should obviously try to minimize the need for war as much as possible. As for what power is to me, power seems to me like having the necessary resources and the freedom to do whatever you please.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    A lot of the long conversations I've had have been debates about superheroes, to be honest. Mostly about which one is the best. As for my interests, obviously superheroes is one of them, but also probably math, physics, psychology a little bit, and I'm starting to get into circuits and electronics. I'm not exactly sure why, but for math, there is just something satisfying about seeing a proof and the logic leading down to that ultimate conclusion. It's like all the parts of system just fitting into place.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    God no, I hate talking about health and medicine. I suck at taking care of myself, and when people lecture me about it, it's just boring. I do genuinely want to change and care about my health, but I just find it draining. I am somewhat focused on my body, though, and often when I'm feeling uncomfortable, I turn on one of those ASMR videos are on YouTube. People like to hate on those sort of things, but honestly, they are relaxing.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I hate them. When I was younger, I would get so angry when my parents would tell me to do anything. Even now, I procrastinate until the last minute to do anything. I don't know why. They're just boring, and I don't feel like doing them. But I guess I do them because I have to.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I recently read and enjoyed Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, so that was interesting. I generally science fiction more than any other genre by far. I'm especially a big fan of superhero movies. There's just something so fascinating and interesting about heroes like Iron Man and Spider-Man. I just love them. I also recently watched The Truman Show, and my god, it is an amazing movie. It has to be one of my all-time favorite movies.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I hardly ever cry, and I have no idea why. It's not that I have no emotions, because I do. I feel sadness. I just almost never cry. The only times where tears really come out of my eyes are during allergy season and when I am in an intense rage. As for what makes me smile, I guess the usual stuff like funny jokes. Sometimes I grin when a previously passive character in a movie starts to become aggressive.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I only really fully feel at one with my environment when I'm either at home or joking around with my friends. In any other situation or place, I may not feel too awkward, but I'm far from "at one with my environment."
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People have told me that I am not outgoing enough. Truth be told, I do dislike that about myself. I wish I was capable of being more friendly and social, and it just doesn't come naturally to me. It's not that I am incapable of interacting with people. Far from it. It's just I can come off a little bit cold and reserved.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    It seems that people value my intelligence above all. Though, sometimes people enjoy my slightly odd nature. It's like a breath of fresh air for people who only know normalcy. For me, what I value above all in myself is my imagination. Ever since I was a young kid, I have had an almost overactive imagination. The subject of my made-up stories would always primarily be superheroes, but sometimes I liked to fantasize about medieval kingdoms. The stories would always be overly complicated and a bit all over the place, involving time travel, futuristic technology, and other science fiction things. But yeah, I still even think about my fictional stories now. A lot of times I lack the motivation to actually write down or realize my ideas, but I still pride myself on my ability to generate them.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I sort of have trouble opening up to people, so I would like help in that area. Other than that, I don't really feel like I need much help. I don't like to ask for help much.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yeah, I do sometimes. I feel stuck in a rut whenever there's nothing really going on in my life. I like my life to be active and dynamic, and when nothing is changing, I notice and desperately try to get things moving again.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I don't like people who are loud, obnoxious, and use bland humor. In some people, their humor is just bland and mostly just relies on shouting as the punchline. I really dislike those sorts of people. I generally get along better with introverts rather than extroverts. I generally tend to fall into the area of ambivert, but I prefer interacting with introverts. The extroverts (well, maybe the more accurate term is "socialites") I've come across have been shallow, and I generally don't like interacting with them.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I consider myself a romantic person. I can obsess over people quickly, because the second I meet them and we get things going I start to think there's more to our relationship than there really is. As for qualities, I tend to want someone who likes me for me, with all of my quirks and peculiarities.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    If I was to raise a child, I think I would try to make them interested in intellectual things like I am. I have a tendency of being too distant, so I would probably overcompensate and spend much more time with my child than I need to. Either that or I probably will end up being too occupied with my own pursuits and not give the child enough of my attention, which is probably the more likely outcome.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Well, I don't know, it depends on how they say it. I'd probably inwardly start to get a little angry because of how outrageous of a claim they've made. But outwardly, I try not to start a conflict and just respectfully debate the claim with him. Either that, or it turns into a full-blown argument. Either way, I don't rest until I win the argument/debate.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I'm quite individualistic and sort of consider myself as a separate entity from society. I've never really been one to fit in with the crowd much, and to be honest I think that has helped me. Because of that sort of mentality of not being like everyone else, I am highly independent and know how to do things on my own without people's help. However, I guess it has made me a little averse to working with other people. One prevalent social problem, in my opinion, is people's tendency to go along with the popular opinion. Some people can just act like sheep, and I'm not particularly fond of those people.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't really consciously choose my friends. I just try to wait and see who I immediately click with. I generally tend to make friends with other intelligent people mostly, although recently I've been making friends with people who are a little more average. Around my friends, I laugh at pretty much anything anyone says. It's interesting because I never laugh when I'm alone watching a comedy or something, but when I'm with my friends, even the slightest joke fills me with joy. In short, I either never laugh, or I always laugh.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm pretty shy around strangers, to be honest. I don't like starting unnecessary conversations. I have a tendency of being awkward and weird around new people, so I'm not to keen to throw myself into those situations.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you said you are introverted, thinking and intuitive. This much is pretty much clear. So that leaves ILI or LII. It's very often hard to guess which one of these two.
    Here is something about differences between those two.
    On the top of the document notation seems to be from MBTI - Socionics LII INTj is INTP and ILI INTp is INTJ. But then the notation is socionics like - ILI and LII. It's quite messed up.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JungianTypo..._of_vaserlans/
    Last edited by falsehope; 03-19-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    So you said you are introverted, thinking and intuitive. This much is pretty much clear. So that leaves ILI or LII. It's very often hard to guess which one of these two.
    Here is something about differences between those two.
    On the top of the document notation seems to be from MBTI - Socionics LII INTj is INTP and ILI INTp is INTJ. But then the notation is socionics like - ILI and LII. It's quite messed up.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JungianTypo..._of_vaserlans/
    Okay, I guess I'll go through the list of differences.

1. My memory is more static, so I guess LII.
    2. It says the ILI hates emotional praise, but personally, I love it. I fall more into LII here.
    3. I'm not very totalitarian in the way I manage people. LII.
    4. Hard to tell from this question. The difference isn't very clear here.
    5. I enjoy coming up weird plans, but I'm not very strategic and lack foresight in a lot of situations. LII.
    6. not sure
    7. LII. not a fan of details.
    8. LII.
    9. LII.
    10. LII.
    11. LII.

Well, one thing is clear. If I am an INTx, I am DEFINITELY an INTj.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There could be other options for you. For example, you could be introverted ILE. But you said a lot of about your introversion so that would be unlikely. Also, you could be NF. You haven't really said much about you being logical person. Have you enjoyed math in school and other similar subjects? Do you consider yourself humanist?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing I thought about was Ne, then Ti, but Fi too. I agree you could even be an introvert ILE, or an intorver IEE, but you give me the idea of being very young, so you probably still have to experience yourself and your relationships with people... in order to see if you're really an introvert. Introverted people are slower to activate, tend to enjoy staying in a world that is familiar to them and tend to appear "cold".
    I'd say LII for now too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    There could be other options for you. For example, you could be introverted ILE. But you said a lot of about your introversion so that would be unlikely. Also, you could be NF. You haven't really said much about you being logical person. Have you enjoyed math in school and other similar subjects? Do you consider yourself humanist?
    I didn't really want to say "I'm a very logical person," because that sounds a bit pretentious, but I do think I rely much more on logic than emotions. Sometimes I make simple criticisms of things that don't make sense to me and people get offended by them. Those people I generally see as overly sensitive, but people tell me I should be more considerate of other people's feelings. The people around me also say that I can sometimes come across as arrogant, but I really don't think I am. Maybe slightly. As for whether I enjoy math or not, I definitely enjoy it a lot, and I'm great at it. I've generally always been the top student in my math class. I generally enjoy the sciences, except maybe biology. Chemistry is a bit meh. It can get boring at times. I guess I consider myself somewhat to be a humanist. In my views, I try to think of what benefits the whole of humanity, not just for a nation or region. So I guess so.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The kind of imagination you seem to describe speaks more to Ni than other functions. Whenever I compared myself with ILI close relation growing up i felt like i had close to no imagination at all, always tied to the real world. This is what I'm basing my statement on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    The kind of imagination you seem to describe speaks more to Ni than other functions. Whenever I compared myself with ILI close relation growing up i felt like i had close to no imagination at all, always tied to the real world. This is what I'm basing my statement on.
    What is the difference between Ne and Ni imagination?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyburnie View Post
    It's hard for me to explain, but in ur case i got the distinct impression like u created whole worlds of chacters which sounded like strong Ni tho that alone doesn't make u Ni-ego. Btw u also contradicted urself coz u said ur intelligence is the thing u most value in urself yet further down u said ur imagination is the trait u valued the most in urself. I guess whether it's one or the other it makes somewhat of a difference tho it could b both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It's hard for me to explain, but in ur case i got the distinct impression like u created whole worlds of chacters which sounded like strong Ni tho that alone doesn't make u Ni-ego. Btw u also contradicted urself coz u said ur intelligence is the thing u most value in urself yet further down u said ur imagination is the trait u valued the most in urself. I guess whether it's one or the other it makes somewhat of a difference tho it could b both
    Oh, I didn’t even noticed I contradicted myself. I don’t know, I’m kind of torn between which I value more and sometimes I say one thing and sometimes I say another. Though, I didn’t exactly say that intelligence was my most important value. I said I placed a lot of value on it, but I didn’t say it was the most important.

Also, in the way my imagination works, I always need external stimulation to fuel it. I can’t just sit and create vivid mental images in my head. I usually need to listen to music or something like that to really get my imagination going. It’s like how sound waves need to travel through a medium. I need stimulation to complement my imagination.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I didn’t even noticed I contradicted myself. I don’t know, I’m kind of torn between which I value more and sometimes I say one thing and sometimes I say another. Though, I didn’t exactly say that intelligence was my most important value. I said I placed a lot of value on it, but I didn’t say it was the most important.

Also, in the way my imagination works, I always need external stimulation to fuel it. I can’t just sit and create vivid mental images in my head. I usually need to listen to music or something like that to really get my imagination going. It’s like how sound waves need to travel through a medium. I need stimulation to complement my imagination.
    Fair enough, no worries. Basically id exclude the ni-polr types(lse & ese); the rest of the answers didn't give me much information. Cheers

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say LII.

Your wish to "open up, being more friendly and more social" is pretty much how Fe Suggestive works in LII: you need Fe to fully exploit your potential (in your case, Ti and Ne).

Your imagination seems to be more Ne than Ni, at least from my point of view. Ne is about breadth of ideas, while Ni is more about depth of ideas, like "a ton of minor ideas" vs "one big idea" (even if this example is way too general). Also, Ni is very much related to time, how it flows and what it means to you (past, memories, coincidences and so on). As an INTx (I'm pretty sure you are one of them), you have both strong Ne and Ni, so it's only a matter of which one you prefer to use.

As for Ti vs Te, you seem more Ti-oriented (you wrote a few sentences which represent the essence of Ti like "it's like all the parts of system just fitting into place").

In the end, Se PoLR should fit you quite well ("
    I completely DESPISE being bounded down by rules. I'm a little rebellious by nature. I like to live my life the way that I want to, and when people try to infringe upon my right to do that, I often get very angry and aggressive").

Since the N/S axis is more evident than the T/F axis, I think that LII-Ne works best for you, but I'm not completely sure.

I recommend you to analyze every aspect of typology to reach the best conclusion possible.

If you have any questions, I'm here.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ne considers options while ni considers the probability of a single event

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I place a whole lot of value on my intelligence. I've always been a considered well above average in terms of intellect, and I place more importance on it than I would like to admit.
    That's stereotypical INTx.

I also highly value my freedom.
    Perference for extroverted perception.

I completely DESPISE being bounded down by rules. I'm a little rebellious by nature. I like to live my life the way that I want to, and when people try to infringe upon my right to do that, I often get very angry and aggressive.
    Devaluing of rules made by other people is devaluing of extroverted judgement and valuing of introverted judgement.

...I don't believe I am like a lot of Christians in the way I think. I am very scientifically inclined in a way that a lot of Christians aren't, and I adore math and physics.
    NT type... very likely

... for math, there is just something satisfying about seeing a proof and the logic leading down to that ultimate conclusion. It's like all the parts of system just fitting into place.
    Valuing of introverted thinking

I am somewhat focused on my body, though, and often when I'm feeling uncomfortable, I turn on one of those ASMR videos are on YouTube. People like to hate on those sort of things, but honestly, they are relaxing.
    Valuing of introverted sensing

...I procrastinate until the last minute to do anything.
    Being motivated or get energized by deadlines or time limits. (I can relate to this. My own theory is, it has to do with strong but unconscious introverted intuition.)

I'm pretty shy around strangers, to be honest. I don't like starting unnecessary conversations. I have a tendency of being awkward and weird around new people, so I'm not to keen to throw myself into those situations.
    Weak extroverted feeling and/or soc-last instinct

My verdict: LII

Strange. Most persons I've typed in this forum are LII.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 03-26-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I'd say LII.
    Alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    My verdict: LII
    Alright.

Welp, it seems unanimous on this one. I guess I'll go read some of the type and subtype descriptions for LII and see if I can relate to them.