Thread: "The Taroscope"

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "The Taroscope"

Might be better off in the Western Astrology thread, but mods can merge the threads anyway.

http://www.corax.com/tarot/index.html?taroscope

"1. The essential card which is the archetypical trump under which you were born (also see 'Your essential card')
    2. The personality card which is the court card corresponding to your zodiac sign (also see 'Court cards in Zodiac')
    3. The destiny card which is the number card standing in the zodiac decan in which you were born

To use it, open up the essential card which you can find here on this site on the 'Essential card' page.

Second, type in your birthdate in the field below the two cards on the right, in a date format like 'January 25, 1962'. Both cards will get displayed."

My cards:
    1. The Chariot
    2. Knight of Wands
    3. 9 of Wands

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's so hard to understand

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I accidentally misinterpreted how the second calculator worked so even though I input the correct information for my "essential card", I forgot to input my birth date (May 5th, 1803) under the two cards on the "Taroscope" page, so the second calculator kept flipping the same two cards for "personality" and "destiny", which was funny because I linked the website to my coworkers with faulty instructions, and a majority of the females individually agreed that their results were eerily accurate, but it wasn't even until I input my family members' birth dates that I realized everybody was getting the same results.

hahahhaha

IX - The Hermit

Prince of Swords
    4 of Disks - Power

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I might enjoy the artwork on these tarot cards more than I do the descriptions

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essential: the hanged man
    Personality: knight of swords
    Destiny: 8 of swords

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essential: Justice
    Personality: Queen of Cups
    And my destiny is "ruin"...

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NdFeB08 View Post
    And my destiny is "ruin"...
    More or less as bad as mine. Which looks like a worse situation ?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ya I really like the art

taro.jpg

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    More or less as bad as mine. Which looks like a worse situation ?

Hey the VIII of Swords might still wiggle out of the ropes or even get some external help...but that dude on the right is most likely dead as hell lol
    I always interpreted the Swords deck as the one most closely related to the mind/ego or whatever we might identify with that's not really the self, so piercing or hopeless depictions in most of them look pretty fitting.
    Regardless...

Fuck the Swords deck!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The deck is the Thoth deck designed by Frieda Harris and Aleister Crowley.

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    The deck is the Thoth deck designed by Frieda Harris and Aleister Crowley.
    Oh sorry, I was too vague; I meant the Swords deck (just the ones going from the Ace of Swords to the X) in the minor arcana in general, not specifically the Thoth one

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

essential card: wheel of fortune
    personality card: queen of wands
    destiny: 10 of cups - satiety

the cards actually somewhat fit together thematically...
    wheel of fortune: 'drive: eternal motion, changing, restarting, accepting of fate'
    queen of wands: 'drive: motion and transformation'
    10 of cups: 'All energies are ending, the have found their fixed forms. The waters are resting now in their final grounds.'

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I did my archetype of character reading and not surprisingly it has 4 of the same cards I have gotten previously when calculating birth cards using different systems. The difference is this reading characterizes those same 4 cards as lower and middle self. I like the progression here since it is accurate and meaningful for me.

Deck: The Mythic Tarot
    Spread: Archetypes of Character
    Date: Tue Apr 03 17:05:20 EDT 2018

Lower Self
    The Magician

Hermes, the Magician, points to potential skills and creative abilities which have not yet manifested. He may appear as an upsurge of energy and an intuition of exciting new opportunities. He presages insight and an awareness of unexplored possibilities. The Fool is blind, with only his animal sense of a meaning to be found somewhere, somehow. But through his meeting with Hermes, the Magician, it becomes clear that the journey is possible, and that one has capacities that have yet to be developed.

Lower Self
    The Chariot

The card of the Chariot appearing in a spread augurs conflict and struggle which can result in a stronger personality. One may come face to face not only with aggression in others, but with one’s own competitive and aggressive drives. This conflict cannot be avoided, but needs to be faced with strength and containment. Thus the Fool comes to harmony through learning to handle his own contradictions, and passes from the world of adolescence to the next stage of his journey.

Lower Self
    Temperance

The appearance of Temperance in a spread implies the need for a flow of feeling in relationship. Iris, guardian of the rainbow, suggests the potential for harmony and cooperation resulting in a good relationship or a happy marriage. We are challenged with the issue of learning to develop a balanced heart, while also being gently reminded that the Fool cannot remain forever even with the beautiful Iris, and must pass on to the next Moral Lesson.

Middle Self
    Justice

The card of Justice appearing in a spread implies the need for balanced thought and impartial decision-making. But like Athene’s sword, this card can be double-edged. There are spheres of life where Athene’s cool reflection is too chilly, too idealistic, and too destructive to the warmth of personal relationship. Her sword can cut the heart with general truths that are inappropriate for a particular situation. Thus Justice is, like all the Major Arcana, an ambivalent figure. The Fool must develop what Athene represents, but he cannot stay forever in her pure temple, and must pass on to the next Moral Lesson.

Middle Self
    The Lovers

The card of the Lovers when it appears in a spread augurs the necessity of a choice of some kind, usually in love. The Fool, having learned about his own duality, must now put his values to the test. Sometimes this means a love triangle, but it can also mean the problem of too hasty a marriage, or a choice between love and a career or some creative activity. This card implies the necessity of looking carefully at the implications of one’s choices, rather than being driven blindly, thereby inaugurating, like Paris, a great conflagration.

Middle Self
    Strength

The card of Strength, when it appears in a spread, implies a situation where a collision with the lion within is inevitable, and where a creative handling of one’s own rage and senseless pride is desirable. Courage, strength and self-discipline are necessary to battle with the situation. Through such an experience we can come in contact with the beast, but also with that part of us which is Heracles, the hero who can subdue it. Thus the Fool, having developed the faculties of mind and feeling, now learns to deal with his own ferocious egotism, emerging from this contest with trust in himself and integrity towards others.

Upper Self
    The Wheel of Fortune

The Wheel of Fortune augurs a sudden change of fortune. This may be ‘good’ or ‘bad’, but whichever way the Wheel turns it brings growth and a new phase of life. We cannot predict what will come to meet us – or rather, what we will turn to meet. But behind these changes stand the Moirai, an image of the centre within. Thus the Fool is thrown from his complacency, and begins the descent to his own source.

Upper Self
    The Hierophant

Chiron, the Hierophant, implies that the individual will begin to actively seek answers of a philosophical kind. This may emerge as the study of a particular philosophy or system of belief, or as a deep commitment to a quest for meaning in life. The Hierophant may appear in the form of an analyst, psychotherapist, priest or spiritual mentor to whom we turn for comfort and help. The Fool emerges from his discovery of the underworld and the hidden powers of the unconscious seeking answers to the enigma of himself and the meaning of his life. When he meets the Hierophant, he encounters that part of himself that begins to formulate and express a personal philosophy, an individual vision of the spirit, which guides him as he leaves his childhood behind and ventures out.

Upper Self
    The World

The card of the World when it appears in a spread augurs a time of achievement and integration. This is a period of triumph at the successful conclusion of a matter, or the reaching of a goal which has been worked hard for. But this peak is merely a glimpse of something mysterious and elusive, and the dancing Hermaphroditus becomes the foetus who eventually emerges from the cave as the Fool. Thus the great cycle of the Major Arcana ends where it begins, for we might start with Hermaphroditus as the unborn potential of the personality which ultimately leads to the birth of the Fool. And so the circle, like the World Snake, is complete.

Edit:
    I got my personality card from this book I have. The book calls it king of wands and the site calls it knight of wands, same though. A similar site had given me princess of wands after asking my gender.

Knight of Wands

(Lord of Flame and Lightning)

Astrology: 21° Scorpio to 20° Sagittarius
    Element and world: The Fire in the fires of Atziluth
    Tree of Life: Chokmah

Being fire in fire, the Knight of Wands is the purest manifestation of his element - burning, flaming, enthusiastic and thrilling. He is the born leader, full of ideas and idealism, proud and commanding, at his best noble, honest, conscientous and intelligent.

For Atziluth is the highest of the worlds and Fire the highest of the elements, the Knight of Wands can stand for highest inspirations, spiritual realisation and purest creativity.

But with fire in fire, the Knight of the Wands lacks the depths of waters, the stability of earth and the analyzing logic of air. His strength might degenerate to pure tyranny, his convictions stiffen to dogmatism, he might get cruel, bigot and brutal at his worst.
    Further the fires within fire lack the sources of reserved potentials, so once the explosion is over, there is nothing more left for the Knight to provide.

Drive: Expansion of spiritual individuality

Light: Inspiration, spiritual activity, a strong will

Shadow: Despotism, egoism, intolerance
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-04-2018 at 12:02 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Destiny mb about meaningful events. The other 2 cards describe the way it shows.

For example my cards:
    Essential: Adjustment / Justice
    Personality: Knight of Swords
    Destiny: Nine of Swords - Cruelty

This may to be about getting of objective knowledge through rational mind and painful situations.
    During this I may logically fight with other people to understand the knowledge or sometimes to explain them.
    And the knowledge itself may to be about balance.

For example, my problem with semiduality and later with conflictor romances have leaded me to Socionics and understanding it. I'm trying to improve the practice of the typology, as on myself have seen the typology is right. I fight by logic with other people during this. Socionics is about balance - duality is about balanced match of opposites. Types themselves are also the disbalance and I try to explain the need to reduce them and methods to do this. This may reduce conflicts from IR for all types - to remove the disbalance of values.

Recently I've got the emotional problem from the difference of Enneagram types 1 and 9. And then have popularized Enneagram types on socioforum. This knowledge may to help people to balance psyche of each other. I suspect Enneagram types may to have IR analogue - either as they are now, or after adding something to them.

Mb other the most painful situations in my life can be analysed by similar pattern too.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol seriously i dont know how to make this work

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    lol seriously i dont know how to make this work
    http://www.corax.com/tarot/yourcard.html
    Use this link to find your "essential" card.

Then put in your date of birth in the field below the cards.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essence:
    The Chariot stands for combined powers, ready to move forward. It represents the dynamic principle and the human will to proceed, the ability to use the powers of life and keep the outer and inner balance.

The Chariot shows a strong will, a strong personality, and at its best, victory and success. But it also is a symbol for controversial power, for contradictions that are not solved, but just controlled. In this, the trump also warns of overestimation and recklessness. With every new venture or beginning one should check carefully whether the desired goal is compatible with one's life and inner self.

Additionally, the Chariot is a symbol for the armor we build up when moving forward in the process of self-assertion. It also alludes to the danger that we might mix this armour with our actual personality.

So a negative aspect of the Chariot might involve understanding that the way of armed power isn't always the right one, that the controversial power inside may to be reconciled with one other, and not just controlled and surpressed.

Drive: The will to conquer, courage, victory

Light: The awakening of powers, the way ahead, searching and finding one's place in life

Shadow: Megalomania, insensivity, running against walls

Personality:

Being fire in fire, the Knight of Wands is the purest manifestation of his element - burning, flaming, enthusiastic and thrilling. He is the born leader, full of ideas and idealism, proud and commanding, at his best noble, honest, conscientous and intelligent.

For Atziluth is the highest of the worlds and Fire the highest of the elements, the Knight of Wands can stand for highest inspirations, spiritual realisation and purest creativity.

But with fire in fire, the Knight of the Wands lacks the depths of waters, the stability of earth and the analyzing logic of air. His strength might degenerate to pure tyranny, his convictions stiffen to dogmatism, he might get cruel, bigot and brutal at his worst.
    Further the fires within fire lack the sources of reserved potentials, so once the explosion is over, there is nothing more left for the Knight to provide.

Drive: Expansion of spiritual individuality

Light: Inspiration, spiritual activity, a strong will

Shadow: Despotism, egoism, intolerance

Destiny:

Now the fiery Wands have reached the happy Nine, the number that reflects on itself, entering the fields of Yesod - imagination and reflection back in the middle of the Tree of Life.

Thus the Nine of Wands remembers the own qualities, showing the full powers of the fiery element rising again. So the card shows strength, determination and discipline, preparing itself for the final step to completion.

The shadow site of the card implies a warning - that we should use our spiritual consciousness to concentrate on our inner strength and master our will, and make it effective in the world we live in.

Drive: Spiritual truth, realization

Light: Combination of the consciousness with the unconsciousness, great success but with strife and energy, victory preceded by apprehension and fear

Shadow: Conflicts, Contradictions

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hermit
    Prince of Swords
    Five of Swords - Defeat

Sounds bad.

Edit: apparently I just marked a post I didn't read as constructive. sorry for your loss.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got it!

anyway the astrological informations given by the cards are not correct...

I got the card n. 6, which is even my soul path number, so I guess they just summed the numbers of the birthday...

It's not astrology but numerology. Quite nice anyway ^^

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essential: Strength (or The Passion)
    Personality: King of Cups [aka (Thoth) Knight of Cups]
    Destiny: Seven of Swords

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Essential Card (born under) - X Wheel of Fortune
    2. Personality Card (corresponds to sun sign) - Queen of Cups (cancer)
    3. Destiny Card - 3 of cups (abundance)

Three of Cups - Abundance
    Binah in the Tree of LifeTree of Life: Binah through water
    Astrology: Mercury in the 2. decan of Cancer

The Three of Cups will combine the qualities of both the Ace and the Two of Cups. The undirected love has found its goal, it will grow and blossom. The 3 (triad) as the number of synthesis and harmony will pour its riches into the seas of Binah, the understanding and realization.

Therefore, the Three of Cups shows that we have found joy and fulfillment in love and devotion, we are aware of the worth and understand its meaning.

Drive: Pleasure, healing, sensuality, conception, fulfillness

Light: Good luck, joy, satisfaction, passive success

Shadow: Greed, raw lust, excessive pleasure, over-abundance

Man, 3 of cups destiny is boring.

I still don't understand how this site is coming up with the essential or destiny card.

ETA: Okay, Essential card is a Tarot birth card (numerology, not astrology)
    Last edited by marooned; 06-19-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For me:

Archetype: Wheel of Fortune
    Destiny: Ruin

Not quite sure how to interpret it. Will see if I come up with anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    For me:

Archetype: Wheel of Fortune
    Destiny: Ruin

Not quite sure how to interpret it. Will see if I come up with anything.
    As the variant.
    In your life more often than in average happen important events which look as out of your control. The same people may see you - as a joker that accidentally changes anything.
    You are rather emotional. Seek for emotional relations in life and find them. Like the attention. May to be capricious, manipulative and easily change the moods.
    In your life there are regular waves when it drops very low and then you grab on the up until the next deep drop. It's your way to study, to become wiser with every wave.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.astrologyonline.eu/Numer...al_numbers.asp

this is the site btw, but you have to make the calculus yourself if you don't want to register. it's very simple, just make the sum of all the numbers of your birthday, and obtain a number from 1 to 9.

I guess that the astrological connections are arbitrary in numerology, if you check different sources you find different associations. Ultimately they all work because the numbers and the element associated to them have multiple meanings and readings... anyway it all comes from the same thing, it is very probable our alphabets come from the star enumerations.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

...these cards pretty much nailed my most important motivations in life They fit with my instinctual variant stacking, as well. Well, I dunno how much stock to put in this numerology thing, but I agree with my results. Thanks for sharing @Jacobus.

Essential card: The Lovers
    Personality card: Queen of Wands
    Destiny card: 3 of Wands - Virtue
    EssentialCard.PNG2Card.PNGDestinyCard.PNG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

23.png

Essential: The Wheel of Fortune

Saturn, Uranus, Neptun and Pluto - the masters of Karma
    Planet: Jupiter
    Tree of life: The axis Chesed - Netzach
    Element: Fire
    Number: 10 as symbol for perfection, the cross sum is 1 (the Magician)

The Wheel of Fortune is a symbol of destiny and destination, of good luck and bad luck, of the ups and downs of life and fate. Everything is in motion, turning and floating, constantly changing, accidental and uncontrollable.

The trump also represents the need to be careful, to realize and recognize the vaguarities of life, to accept the fact that fate is nothing what we could have done, but the result of what we already did. Today is the result of the past, future will be the sum of past and today, and no matter how accurately we plan, the Wheel of Fortune will mix up light and shadow.

Whether the Wheel of Fortune is positive or negative is not a matter of happenstance or events in the first place; but rather of the way we will deal with the results, arrange our lives with the unchangable and work on what we might be able to change - and of course of our ability to realize facts.

Drive: Eternal motion, changing, restarting, accepting of fate

Light: Unexpected changings, fortune, realization of luck

Shadow: Fatalism, a changing to the worse

Personality: Queen of Disks

Astrology: 21° Sagittarius to 20° Capricorn
    Element and world: The Water in the Earth of Assiah
    Tree of Life: Binah

The Queen of Disks is the mother of her element, the water in the earth, which makes her the perfect mother, conforming and emotional as for the water and stable and reliable as for the Earth.

The Queen of Disks is kind and tender, friendly and good-hearted, she has fine instincts and intuitions. She is strong and sensitive, protects her house and family and cares as well for emotional and material well-being. She is calm and practicable and can be a good, industrious worker.

Beneath the calm surface, the Queen of Disks can tend to lust and debauchery, fond of intoxicating stimulants, but she keeps it hidden. At the best, she will know that the dose makes the poison - at the bad, she won't.

On the dark side, the Queen of Disks lacks both the qualities of Air and Water, therefore she can get foolish and rather unintelligent, without pride and spirit, easily getting in needless dependence and being too weak to free herself - or even worse: not even trying to get free and independent.

Drive: Fertility, womanliness, security for family, home and materials

Light: Kind, charming, great-hearted, truthful, stable, sensual

Shadow: Moody, foolish, undecided, weak, dependent

Destiny: Three of Disks - Works

Tree of Life: Binah through Earth
    Astrology: Mars in the 2. decan of Capricorn

The Three of Disks enters Binah, the fields of understanding and perception, initiatiing the process where the project that began in the Two of Disks is viewed and understood against its surrounding i.e. in its completion..

The card also talks of the alchemical wedding, in which the alchemical mercury combines sulphur with salt, thus building the living gold (the philosopher's stone). It implies the basic idea of Earth, the cristallisation of its powers and qualities, the commencement of matter to be established.

The name of the card is Works, saying that work was done to get that far, thus it implies a first taste of victory, an admission that a progress was made, a big step forward on the way. Though, further work will be needed to keep the achieved status and to proceed in it.

Drive: Manifestation, understanding

Light: Progress, cristallisation, increase of substance,

Shadow: Sloppiness or neglect after a first gain was won, stop in the middle of work