TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Your Hair Journey

Why am I fooling around and not making threads

It's always interesting to see what the entire hair transformation history of people is like. Please indicate particularly tragic looks and highlights

[CHAE-KEY]

★★★★★ = excellent rating
    ★ = bad rating. SAD!
    red = high maintenance
    underlined = straightened

CHILDHOOD - blonde
    long wavy hair ★★★★

TEENAGE YEARS - brunette
    bob cut ★★
    pixie cut ★
    Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction! ★★★★★
    long curly hair ★★★★

ADULTHOOD - brunette
    Undercut ★★★
    shoulder length wavy bob ★★★

Never dyed, just colored it slightly dark red after the undercut. I became brunette naturally.

Why certain things look better I found out discovering Kibbe's body types (see this thread). I explained the typology with its best styles here. Turns out Uma Thurman has the same type as I do - the more you know

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had red hair as a child, which became dark brown as I got older. My current style is to keep it fairly short, in the form of a side parting, parting at the left and moving to the right.

It's a sufficient style for work purposes. I sometimes let it grow a little as I don't like being too sharp, but it does look nice when it's sharp, but, I like a little relaxed and informal.

So it's a compromise generally.

That's me and my hair story.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster, what about my hair story?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My natural colour is dark blonde, but I've been dyeing my hair since I was like...14. It was a time when Evanescence used to be a really big thing for me and I envied Amy's hair so much, I've always wanted to have black hair. I think it wasn't just about Amy Lee, for some reason, I've always considered dark/black hair on people to look really beautiful. So I bought a black dye in the nearest drug store and I was going for that dark, gothic look. The thing was... it didn't really work. It was like 2008 and it was this huge emo area so everyone thought I was just one of those emo kids...Since I hated emo, scene and all that crap when I was a teen I immediately begun to look for ways of getting my natural colour back, but...it wasn't that easy. The lightest I could get was brown, but it was still better than being an emo.

Afterwards I found blonde being the best fit for me. For some reason, my hair started to curl around the age of 13, even though it'd been straight before. So I had this curly blonde hair that were pretty far from my dream dark gothic look. I've experimented with darker colour, but I'm naturally very pale and it's never been a good fit for me.

I couldn't really get around the idea of somewhat darker and more alternative look so I was looking for my black hair substitution and I eventually found it in red/ginger hair. But that's not the end of my journey. At the age of 20 I started to really like colourful hair with really unnatural shades. So I had to go back to blonde before trying out violet. Violet was fine but it gotten pink way too soon. I tried blue afterwards and I think it's been my greatest hair mistake ever... it looked fine for the first month or so, but I couldn't wash it out of my hair even after half a year and it'd gotten green instead. So I had these shades of green here and there in my hair and it looked really weird.

Now I'm back to ginger and I sometimes change it to red. I still dream of black hair... Maybe one day I'll find a hair style that would suit me with black hair.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now in my life I am on a serious hardcore long hair journey. I will not stop until my hair gets as long as possible. I've done just about everything to my hair that you can do. In my teen years I was really into DIY dye jobs and haircuts. In my my early-mid 20's it was about experimenting with really short hairstyles and bleach. A year and a half ago I said "FUCK IT" and shaved off all of my damaged, bleached hair right off to one inch and have been growing it out ever since. I've been getting it trimmed regularly lately instead of doing it myself. For almost 2 years my hair has been stuck in that god-awful "awkward" phase and it will be still for a long while. My hair has so many short layers in it still that I can't put it up without using a bunch of bobby pins and head bands. But I swear to god if I don't get to have my long healthy hair back I will go insane. In a few years my hair dreams will come true.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The layers are all too familiar. It just looks weird and you can't do much with it. The aftermath of having bangs and an undercut - a not-so-exciting trilogy

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My hair journey:

Use it before you lose it.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Black, red, orange, violet

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I usually alternate between brown, black, and "red" (light burgundy) but black hair suits me best, especially in the summertime, despite it not being my natural hair color. I don't really experiment with hairstyles aside from a phase where I consistently sported short-ish hair in my youth, except the styles were all relatively simple, I never went above the shoulders, but after that, I stuck with longer hair because it looked nicer (naturally) with less effort

I've gotten extremely cheap and lazy over the years. I usually cut my own hair and, if I dye it, which is rare, then I just do it myself. I think I got my hair dyed at a salon... twice? it was stupidly expensive both times, and I ceased to see the point in going to a hairdresser who never cut my hair how I asked for it to be cut, which wasn't even a big deal, it was just annoying because I could do a better job at home, yet here I was throwing money down the drain

but I have an interesting thought process where if my hair is knotted (which is rare) but I can't get the knot out straightaway, then I convince myself that short hair is the way to go, but then after I get the knot out, which I inevitably do, then my mind immediately starts to convince itself of the opposite

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the older i get the less i wash my hair and the better it looks. when I was younger I heard advice to that end and it always ended up being terrible and gross. i dont know what happened, like some kind of switch flipped where now I can pull it off, but I wouldn't know how to tell younger me about it, its like magic