TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te PoLR In Action

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

This is a good example of how dual elements can actually conflict at times -- she's really asking him to use Fi, to listen understandingly. Certainly weak Te but I would put her as ESI instead of Te PoLR.

There is some Ne there too - making suggestions.

Here is a subtly different comic that shows the Fe valuing version:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    lol

This is a good example of how dual elements can actually conflict at times -- she's really asking him to use Fi, to listen understandingly. Certainly weak Te but I would put her as ESI instead of Te PoLR.

There is some Ne there too - making suggestions.

Here is a subtly different comic that shows the Fe valuing version:

Lol i never understood that sht

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1DSi (and PoLR)

Last edited by Hope; 03-13-2018 at 05:53 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS is PoLR

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's Te PoLR in IEI-Fe only. IEI-Ni's are much less emotional, and SEI's Te PoLR is different.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

can you go into more detail on how IEI Ni would act and what SEI's polr looks like

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is clumsiness, inability to process concrete information well, inability to process visual, concrete spaces well linked to low Si or Se?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well they go together because weak sensing is weak sensing, but in general Se is more about expansion and Si is more about accuracy in space, so Se might subconsciously be very accurate because expansion requires it, and the same with Si, it might expand because its the "correct" move under the circumstances but not for its own sake. in this sense in a competitive envioronment a 2d Se type might perform with less clumsiness, whereas the same person in a relaxed environment would be more clumsy, since they're getting to the accuracy in different ways, some more effective under the circumstances than others. for example I know I do better with catching stuff thrown at me in the context of a game than if someone randomly tosses me something, I would attribute this to role Se and suggestive Si. if im "in the zone" it goes better for me, but on the whole I actually care more about the accuracy and relaxation even though I'm worse at it. to answer the question: its more Si, but you can achieve Si goals in a variety of ways that makes it look like Se sometimes, especially to a Se valuer who views things through that lens by default

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Is clumsiness, inability to process concrete information well, inability to process visual, concrete spaces well linked to low Si or Se?
    The typical problem of LII and EII types.
    Weak sensing in general, the combination of both weak and

For me it is: Having a bad sense of spacial orientation. Had an serious car accident because I had a wrong perception of the velocitiy of the car I had driven.
    Had trouble how much force I need to use specific work tools.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    1DSi (and PoLR)
    Sometimes I might come close. Although I just tend to hurt myself.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Ime a little bit, yes. Not inability, just having an intuitive focus makes them sometimes oblivious of tangible reality and surroundings therefore they are prone to accidents, careless attitude about physical matters and/or health etc.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    can you go into more detail on how IEI Ni would act and what SEI's polr looks like
    I almost didn't see this as you did not quote me.

IEI-Ni have a detached demeanor, but sometimes their emotions get the better of them. In those instances they might cry or make a fuss, but in their usual state they are lost in their thoughts to the point that they might seem a thinking type (it also depends on the Etype). Their Te PoRL mainly manifests as a cluelessness in bureacratic matters.

SEI's Te PoLR is -Te PoRL, the base function of LIE's. This means that they usually have a poor ability to understand a cause-effect chain of events. They also tend to reject anybody who seems to claim to hold "the truth", or seems to have a very high certitude in some matter (this trait they share with IEE's). They perceive these people as "know-it-alls". They also suck with money. In the emotional area, SEI's are not as emotional as IEI's (especially IEI-Fe's). SEI-Si often have a low-key solemn demeanor, while SEI-Fe's usually have a merry disposition.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Sometimes I might come close. Although I just tend to hurt myself.
    thats good. It means you would be a good infomercial actor.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

strong use of tools hammer + cuisinart

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Ime a little bit, yes. Not inability, just having an intuitive focus makes them sometimes oblivious of tangible reality and surroundings therefore they are prone to accidents, careless attitude about physical matters and/or health etc.
    Yeah, true.

For me, there´s a difference between physical tasks at home or at work. At work I am quite concentrated and I can do them well (SLIs are better - but I know many people who are much worse). At home I can be completely clumsy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI and his te-polr

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    I almost didn't see this as you did not quote me.

IEI-Ni have a detached demeanor, but sometimes their emotions get the better of them. In those instances they might cry or make a fuss, but in their usual state they are lost in their thoughts to the point that they might seem a thinking type (it also depends on the Etype). Their Te PoRL mainly manifests as a cluelessness in bureacratic matters.

SEI's Te PoLR is -Te PoRL, the base function of LIE's. This means that they usually have a poor ability to understand a cause-effect chain of events. They also tend to reject anybody who seems to claim to hold "the truth", or seems to have a very high certitude in some matter (this trait they share with IEE's). They perceive these people as "know-it-alls". They also suck with money. In the emotional area, SEI's are not as emotional as IEI's (especially IEI-Fe's). SEI-Si often have a low-key solemn demeanor, while SEI-Fe's usually have a merry disposition.
    I'm not sure if you have described Te PoLR here. I have no problem understanding cause/effect thinking, or understanding the chain of events that leads to something happening. I may de-emphasize the importance of it, but I have no issues understanding it. Also, I don't reject people who know the "truth" and I do borrow logic from other people. However, who I trust is not really based on any criteria. I don't suck with money. Money management is a skill that can be learnt. As for being emotional, that is debatable. I think I am as emotional as any ethical type. However, I don't understand how that's related to PoLR.

For me, my PoLR function is tied to me rejecting Te for personal experience. I could for example, see a certain statistic like "X number of people die everyday" and think to myself, "people aren't dropping dead around me all the time, so this cant be true" Obviously this is too simple of an example. I tend to reject statements like "X is true because of these observations I made. See, here are the facts" My response is usually, "I don't believe X is true even if I can see all the facts."

At the same time I have no issues believing that Chemtrails are a government plot, that aliens are real and lizard people exist. Because to me, that makes perfect sense when I think about it.

I don't think I'm incompetent or incapable of doing anything any type can do. I just feel a little stupid sometimes.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    For me, my PoLR function is tied to me rejecting Te for personal experience. I could for example, see a certain statistic like "X number of people die everyday" and think to myself, "people aren't dropping dead around me all the time, so this cant be true" Obviously this is too simple of an example. I tend to reject statements like "X is true because of these observations I made. See, here are the facts" My response is usually, "I don't believe X is true even if I can see all the facts."

At the same time I have no issues believing that Chemtrails are a government plot, that aliens are real and lizard people exist. Because to me, that makes perfect sense when I think about it.
    I spent some time with a close IEI friend recently and she wanted my advice on something that relates to science. It sort of surprised me how resistant she was to facts and data. It didn’t really cause a big conflict, but I would state a fact, and she would appear to mull it over a moment, but then her response would reassert her personal point of view even if it was at odds with facts.

So I tried instead to pay close attention to what she said she wanted to do, and then look for an established line of information that would support that and make it workable. Actually, her ideas were not totally wrong, but how to implement them was unclear. Today I sent her a book that cites science for a couple of hundred pages, then gives advice. Will be curious to see how it goes.

Regarding chem trails and lizard people, does thinking about those in light of Occam’s razor have any effect on how you view them?
    Last edited by golden; 10-05-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I spent some time with a close IEI friend recently and she wanted my advice on something that relates to science. It sort of surprised me how resistant she was to facts and data. It didn’t really cause a big conflict, but I would state a fact, and she would appear to mull it over a moment, but then her response would reassert her personal point of view even if it was at odds with facts.

So I tried instead to pay close attention to what she said she wanted to do, and then look for an established line of information that would support that and make it workable. Actually, her ideas were not totally wrong, but how to implement them was unclear. Today I sent her a book that cites science for a couple of hundred pages, then gives advice. Will be curious to see how it goes.

Regarding chem trains and lizard people, does thinking about those in light of Occam’s razor have any effect on how you view them?
    I feel your friend. It's just so difficult sometimes being confronted with information. I often times don't know what to do with it. I may have an internal system built up. If someone brings in extra info that doesn't fit, then I probably will just reject that information. I suppose, you could say that I believe what I want to believe.

To answer your question, I don't really think in a very "realistic" way. Occam's razor does not register in my mind lol. If someone points it out to me that my thinking is ungrounded, I can check myself. Otherwise I can hold some really weird beliefs sometimes. ("Come on now, think about it. Does that really make sense? Doesn't this make more sense?") I also hate being called impractical.

I also don't prioritize tasks, because I don't see the point to it. If I had to do something, why do I have to do it right away, especially when I can be doing more enjoyable things? I hate being told what to do as well. I'm not motivated to do things for others unless there's an emotional kind of Fe reward attached to it. So yeah, Te PoLR.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironically, saying "Te PoLR usually have a poor ability to understand a cause-effect" is correlation and not causation.

"They also tend to reject anybody who seems to claim to hold "the truth", or seems to have a very high certitude in some matter (this trait they share with IEE's). They perceive these people as "know-it-alls". They also suck with money. In the emotional area, SEI's are not as emotional as IEI's (especially IEI-Fe's). SEI-Si often have a low-key solemn demeanor, while SEI-Fe's usually have a merry disposition."

are also all correlation and not causation.

So this whole thing was basically correlation and not causation. In fact the entirety of Socionics is correlation and not causation.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Static Minds View Post
    I’m laughing, this is really me and my LSE mother in a conversation. Yeah most of the time I’m not looking for a solution really (especially a Te one) but just for someone to hear me out.
    It's weird....because sometimes, I will get mad at my ILI mom for giving me Te solutions while I am ranting about something to her because in that moment I just want to be heard...but, then when I do the same with my LII brother and he listens and subsequently says nothing...I also freak out because I want to hear his advice. A mess.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    It's weird....because sometimes, I will get mad at my ILI mom for giving me Te solutions while I am ranting about something to her because in that moment I just want to be heard...but, then when I do the same with my LII brother and he listens and subsequently says nothing...I also freak out because I want to hear his advice. A mess.
    Same feelings but in reverse for me LMAO