TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Narcissism and IEIs/INFps

Hi to all my conflicting quadra.

Is it standard for INFP to think you are super intelligent, alpha male, dominant, etc ? Ive an INFP friend that is like that, but he's not really bragging about it the way unhealthy ESTJ do, he think that just because it give him some power in some way, and he is really sure of all this construction.

Cultural standard are actually reinforcing this, he is impregnated into a culture of "weak/strong", divided ppl by "homosexual/non homosexual" and things like that (I live in France and all this pop culture about Red Pill, alpha male, untermensch, etc, is coming).

On the other side, he isn't so much a danger to ppl, he try to be good in all he do in some way (he "respect" somewhat moral toward ppl). He have empathy and we can discuss with him when for example ppl do something wich will be bad for them, he can sense when ppl are not feeling great, etc (if needed only). So he's not "100% narcissistic".

Is this normal ?
    Last edited by noaydi; 03-06-2018 at 12:41 PM.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience they sometimes do it but it's enough to explain to them it's something wrong and they will back off.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's IEI. He's not Alpha at all. Interrupt him while hes talking and watch him implode.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    He's IEI. He's not Alpha at all. Interrupt him while hes talking and watch him implode.
    The only thing that will do is being rude?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I honestly don't think it's IEI related. Might be due to the combination of Ni-Fe but i can't see it. It most likely is a manifestation of the tritype or enneagram type. I've noticed this behaviour of aristocracy and sense of higher purpose and self in 4w3 especially.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Enneagram reads as a clinical diagnosis for NPD, but this is an IEI. NB: If you want his behavior to change, Punk his bitch ass. Problem solved.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he's strongly 4w3, he have very good social skill, he know how to get a reaction from other (but it happen he just don't know the limits), plus he's creative in the youtube game field. He have a fuckton of follower in youtube, organize stuff with his follower and things like that. Introvert/extravert. I bet he have some self image problem due to him being a "invented personnage" on his video, another in private, etc (not a problem this is kind of stuff I occasionnaly feel too inside so sometime I can help him on that).

He thanks his girlfriend (ESTP) when sometime she say that no enterily what he think, that he's not the most intelligent/strong and stuff. He can still admit and sense that his construction is not necessarely true.

He's cool but this is a behavior wich tend to make me "at unease" because when Ive this kind of behaviour, it's precisely for moking/calming my proper narcissistic tendencies (wich still isn't like "I'm feeling like god" like himself thougth), so if I begin to be in this mode in front of him I bet he will feel like I'm mocking him.

Plus it's quite displaced, I don't see someone completely healthy thinking self as always over everyone.

Punching him is the solution ? lol is it standard in beta group ? There is still many thing I don't know about you ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Alpha aren't alpha (took this as a poor joke ^^).

Strangely enough, we have often similar moral POV (aside his extrem antifeminist stuff and related stuff but this is bs and discussing the experience of ppl make him put things into perspective), but he's far more attuned to illogical hypocrisie in "modern society" moral, wich is always quite interesting
    Last edited by noaydi; 03-07-2018 at 09:59 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Narcissism is a personality disorder and there are some distinctive traits. According to them, I would say that he's no narcissist. Everyone can be an a$$hole - maybe some of the Socionics personality types correlate more or less with assholeness

Well, I had a similar issue because I scored really high on the official Narcissism questionnaire. But these results were actually just a reflection of my high self-esteem.
    If you have high self-esteem, then you automatically think that you are special as fuk. So, in many cases you start believing that others are below you. It's a very natural process that should influence all personality types.

Generally speaking, narcissists...
    - possess like no empathy
    - a huge need for admiration
    - high self-importance
    - are highlighting their own accomplishments,
    while deemphasizing work of others
    - are usually daydreaming about:
    prosperity, victory, influence, adoration, power
    - expect unconditional ovation from others

Another option would be that you mistyped your friend. Plus, your description of him is quite simple.

Hope this helps you along <3
    I recognize that life's a dream, so I dream lucid