Thread: Your personal evaluation of the types

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Your personal evaluation of the types

Post your experiences with the types and well you've got along with each. Try disregarding intertype relations when doing this and instead just focus on each type as standalone. Only do those you think you have enough IRL experience with to say anything about and try not basing your evaluations too much from people on the forum.

Here's some of mine:

LII: A casual relationship for the most part. Sometimes they me make me scratch my head with their overly-low ambition and tendencies to COMPLETELY let themselves go in terms trying to be somebody worthy of attention and respect, but I know not to criticize them for this so I never really have any major conflict with them. They tend to be agreeable (for the most part) so at least I find them good to have around when there I something I want to do.

LSI: Somewhat unstable of a relationship. They are a bit the opposite of LII in that where LII's seem to care way too little about things, LSI's seem to care way too much. They tend to openly criticize people for mistakes and that makes me guarded around them. They tend to put a lot of emphasis verbally on being organized and responsible which rubs against my more chaotic nature. On a good note, they seem to be really good at recognizing people's accomplishments in a way that makes them feel proud which I appreciate.

ESI: Neither bad or good of a relationship I would say. Most of them time they seem to gossiping about their ex's or whatever which is like a different a language to me but it doesn't really bother me either. I will say however that I find them nice to have around when we share a mutual enemy, I like hearing them hate-gossip against assholes.

IEE: Mostly positive, they tend to very upbeat/helpful people which is fine with me. Only negative things I will say is that they seem to get fidgety over Si-related related stuff like not being dressed warm enough in cold way too easily.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thread!

SEE: Quite bad... It's not easy to find something to talk about with them, our conversations turns out to be boring. What's interesting to me is boring to them and the opposite. They're like a hurrican, if you don't pay attention to them, they will notice you but then as quickly forget you lol they can be a bit pushy too. They also stress me out and can lower my self-esteem with one word.

ESI: My friend is Fi-ESI and it's pretty cool, tho with Se-ESI it's bad. They can have harsh judgments about people and it's quite difficult to convince them of what they don't agree with especially the Se subtype. They can do so much for their loved ones. They also often look angry or sad which make others avoid them.

EIE: Bad. They think they're angels in a world full of hypocrites. I disagree with them on many things. They disturb me because of their tendency to create conflict and because they criticize everyone, all the time. We both irritate each other to the point that we start disliking each other.

SEI: Great. We get along well. They're chill, fun people. They fill me with good feelings and I can stop overthinking when I'm spending time with them. Very comfortable relationship. They hide their problems and don't like speaking about topics that ruin their or others mood and it leaves me concerned about them a bit.

SLI: Helpful people, loners, you might never know what they're really thinking or feeling, they might tell you something but they think/feel something else. Clueless when it comes to relations. They also have very great and often correct observations about everything that not all notice.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will only discuss the types I have personal experience with offline.

ILE: ILEs intrigue me at a distance. They are playful, irreverent and usually have an interesting perspective to add on philosophical topics. I have quickly established rapport with male ILEs and count some of them among my friends. We can work well together on projects, they're good sparring partners in debates because they can keep up with me and usually have a good sense of humour. However, I find ILE women to be less rational than the men, flighty and quick to take offence. Both sexes are quite scattered and tend to pop in and out of your life without an explanation.

LII: This type tends to be a walking encyclopaedia, a hoarder of trivia from here, there and everywhere. I find LIIs frustrating to talk to, mainly because they tend to over-analyse a topic and go off on tangents, missing the forest for the trees. They can have very odd habits and become attached to routines that make no sense to anyone but themselves - such as meticulously slicing butter onto bread, and stopping in the middle of traffic to stare at the patterns in gates. They tend to be know it alls and self righteous about it as well, which annoys me.

ESE: They are kind-hearted people who give a lot of their time and energy to others. Unfortunately, they tend to be overly fussy, pedantic about cleanliness and overly concerned, offering me help when it isn't needed or wanted. They also have a lack of perspective about time (how long something can take and the likely sequence of events) due to their Ni PoLR, which makes them anxious and insistent that a task is done right away. They tend to schedule every minute detail of their lives and can be very reluctant to accept any changes to it.

SEI
    SLE
    LSI

EIE: My story is still being written - and I wouldn't want to give away the game too soon, now would I? Of course one day the mist will begin to part, but no puzzle worth solving is so willing to divulge its secrets. Hence the game may never end, for as soon as you believe you have conquered, the prize will shift shape and slip from your grasp. We shall see.

IEI: The waif or shrinking violet of the Socion. I have mixed feelings about IEIs - on the one hand, they can provide me with a sense of companionship, a home to express the enigmatic, profound and mysterious without being judged. We can delve deeply into the nature of relationships and how they make us feel together. However, I often find that after a while, an IEI will begin to lean on me emotionally. The women tend to be avoidants and vacillate a lot, toying with your affection. They are too submissive and don't take initiative to shape their own destiny, both romantically and in other areas.

SEE: I tend to misjudge SEEs. They often come across as silly and trashy, but they have a focused, determined side and are a lot more grounded than they may appear to be at first. However, I do find their impulsiveness difficult to manage.

ESI: Most of my romantic experiences have been with women of this type. I consider them to be my "problem type" (as I mistake them for LSI). We seem to be very compatible at first and tend to leap into sexual intimacy. However, tensions quickly arise once I start to open up and express myself more fully. ESIs find my cheerfully lewd and trollish nature disconcerting. They don't like my desire to make grand and shocking statements. From my perspective, they are stuck up, too easily offended by sex/political jokes and can be irrationally quick to fall in love (one ESI decided she wanted me to get her pregnant/marry her after a week), at which point they can start stalking you and threatening to take what they want or else.

LIE
    ILI

IEE: The men of this type are fine, but the women! Whiny, pathetic drama queens. They are gold diggers who believe they are entitled to be pampered for their entire lives. They will shed crocodile tears about the white male patriarchy but expect these same men to subsidise their degenerate, hedonistic lifestyle. Most false rape accusations are from IEEs. They are also the primary human reservoir of HIV.

EII: Self righteous, moralising, preaching losers who believe that they know what is best for everyone. The kind of person who interns at the United Nations, sips chai lattes and has been diagnosed with at least one mental disorder. Will lie about, cheat and malign another man without hesitation if they consider him to be unrighteous. Has internalised self hatred. The ultimate hypocrite.

LSE: Believes that there are two kinds of people in the world: those who work hard and those who don't. Those who work hard are entitled to do whatever they like to whoever they want - so long as their boss/another authority figure isn't looking. Often quite unpleasant to people who they consider "less respectable" than they are. Tries to appear as a competent, squeaky clean member of society, even when he is getting drunk off his face and beating up his wife.

SLI: A bore who hates high art and music. Too boring to write more about.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 03-01-2018 at 01:04 AM.

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is cool; these are the ones I am more certain of:

ESI: We get along pretty well. When working together I usually end up doing about 75 - 80% of the work, but I don't really feel taken advantage of (even if I might be lmao, but it doesn't matter); however I wouldn't feel motivated to do this work if it wasn't because I like them so much. Also, the foundations/main line of development that the project follows is usually largelly set by them. I respect them and can tell they respect me, are very kind when dealing with others, and are driven/goal oriented. When we make plans I often listen a lot; the stuff they say makes sense, is reasonable, doable, and has concrete and significant goals. Usually they have asked me why I am so angry, but I'm not; my expression is just that far from charming when I'm on my own lol, so after that I make sure to soften my expression and open up to them slowly. One of them likes to give me advice on how to set the rules in a succesful love relationship and lessons on how to "tame your man". We also shared her home-made snacks in the computer lab.

SLI: Chill people, strong but not cocky, smart but not pedantic. They usually are much faster than I am when we work together and have to become familiar with new apparatus/equipment. So we often split the work with me handling theory and them handling equipment operations. Calculations are done by whichever.

IEE: No. Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't breath my air. I don't care about aliens, the illuminati, demi-sexuality, involvement in LGBT activism, non-binary existance, the patriarchy, feminism, racism, or the messy ass place that is usually their home. One of them had a dog which she failed to care for, so she got a second one that was much larger, and everything was ok because now there were "two furry babies" at home. We get along pretty well in the beginning, but after a while I'm the sour critical bitch and they're the opressed sunshine child who can see through anything and has a fantastic explanation for everything yet does nothing relevant with their life. The ones like these were all girls; the guys I met though were very alternative, warm, calmer, and liked letting loose. I liked the guys.

EII: Too good to be true, too humanitarian, too giving and forgiving. These people have not only forgiven and forgotten what some mf did to them but have also decided to help them significantly because "people can change and the world is built on second chances". I like them, but am much more grudgy and hellbent on revenge cause people are cunts and deserve no second chances.

EIE: When first meeting them I thought "wow, this person looks like someone important and worthy", they smile at first and eventually my lack of responsiveness, ineffectiveness at fulfilling their requests appropriately, and unwillingness to take one for the team will have them yelling at me, giving me the laser eye glare, and straight up just bossing me around and owning my ass. After I got too stressed and actually showed visible signs of emotion they all have backed off immediatly, apologized, and made a conscious effort to treat me differently (one even invited me to a concert with them). After reflecting I realized they weren't assholes, but to them I simply looked like a careless, uncooperative, selfish/self-absorbed, and therefore irritating person. One of them commented in an annoyed tone on my "poker face" so no one can tell what I'm feeling.

ILI: Fun and easy to talk with, we quietly roast people walking by as we speak. We talk about pretty much anything until we get hooked on a particular subject and dig into it for hours. I don't have to explain myself which is nice. On the downside we both lack grit, a backbone, and warmth, so motivating or lifting each other up can be difficult. At least we keep each other company out of sympathy.

SEE: often in the "popular kids" group - which I'm obviously not a part of lol. I notice them way before they notice me. Quite a few I became friends with after tutoring them in math or chemistry; after knowing each other a bit they appreciate my sarcastic, dry humour. I really like and enjoy their warm, positive, somewhat wild, and strong energy.

LSI: I admire them because of their strong determination, willpower, clear/sharp thinking, work discipline, ambition, and most of all their steadfast demeanor when dealing with confrontation. However with time I find myself trying to escape from them because of their controlling and perfectionistic nature.

ESE: they think I'm very interesting until they get to know me

ILE: they're smart, competent, and resourceful, but I'm often annoyed at their want to be taken care of. One seemed particularly repulsive when commenting during a work dinner "it's been really long since we've been fed and catered for like these; they just don't care anymore". This same guy showed mild resentment of his own kid for needing parenting/guidance, being a responsibility over him and apparently a cause for the diminished quality time he spent with his wife. For some reason the kid was to blame and not his lack of readiness and planning. Others I've met have been pretty cocky and clever yet ineffective at achieving tangible results and positions of leadership or influence, so they sulked and complained on how management was close minded and filled with ellitists.
    Last edited by NdFeB08; 03-01-2018 at 02:21 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NdFeB08 View Post

ESI: We get along pretty well. When working together I usually end up doing about 75 - 80% of the work, but I don't really feel taken advantage of (even if I might be lmao, but it doesn't matter); however I wouldn't feel motivated to do this work if it wasn't because I like them so much. Also, the foundations/main line of development that the project follows is usually largelly set by them. I respect them and can tell they respect me, are very kind when dealing with others, and are driven/goal oriented. When we make plans I often listen a lot; the stuff they say makes sense, is reasonable, doable, and has concrete and significant goals. Usually they have asked me why I am so angry, but I'm not; my expression is just that far from charming when I'm on my own lol, so after that I make sure to soften my expression and open up to them slowly. One of them likes to give me advice on how to set the rules in a succesful love relationship and lessons on how to "tame your man". We also shared her home-made snacks in the computer lab.

SLI: Chill people, strong but not cocky, smart but not pedantic. They usually are much faster than I am when we work together and have to become familiar with new apparatus/equipment. So we often split the work with me handling theory and them handling equipment operations. Calculations are done by whichever.

IEE: No. Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't breath my air. I don't care about aliens, the illuminati, demi-sexuality, involvement in LGBT activism, non-binary existance, the patriarchy, feminism, racism, or the messy ass place that is usually their home. One of them had a dog which she failed to care for, so she got a second one that was much larger, and everything was ok because now there were "two furry babies" at home. We get along pretty well in the beginning, but after a while I'm the sour critical bitch and they're the opressed sunshine child who can see through anything and has a fantastic explanation for everything yet does nothing relevant with their life. The ones like these were all girls; the guys I met though were very alternative, warm, calmer, and liked letting loose. I liked the guys.

EII: Too good to be true, too humanitarian, too giving and forgiving. These people have not only forgiven and forgotten what some mf did to them but have also decided to help them significantly because "people can change and the world is built on second chances". I like them, but am much more grudgy and hellbent on revenge cause people are cunts and deserve no second chances.

EIE: When first meeting them I thought "wow, this person looks like someone important and worthy", they smile at first and eventually my lack of responsiveness, ineffectiveness at fulfilling their requests appropriately, and unwillingness to take one for the team will have them yelling at me, giving me the laser eye glare, and straight up just bossing me around and owning my ass. After I got too stressed and actually showed visible signs of emotion they all have backed off immediatly, apologized, and made a conscious effort to treat me differently (one even invited me to a concert with them). After reflecting I realized they weren't assholes, but to them I simply looked like a careless, uncooperative, selfish/self-absorbed, and therefore irritating person. One of them commented in an annoyed tone on my "poker face" so no one can tell what I'm feeling.

ILI: Fun and easy to talk with, we quietly roast people walking by as we speak. We talk about pretty much anything until we get hooked on a particular subject and dig into it for hours. I don't have to explain myself which is nice. On the downside we both lack grit, a backbone, and warmth, so motivating or lifting each other up can be difficult. At least we keep each other company out of sympathy.

SEE: often in the "popular kids" group - which I'm obviously not a part of lol. I notice them way before they notice me. Quite a few I became friends with after tutoring them in math or chemistry; after knowing each other a bit they appreciate my sarcastic, dry humour. I really like and enjoy their warm, positive, somewhat wild, and strong energy.

LSI: I admire them because of their strong determination, willpower, clear/sharp thinking, work discipline, ambition, and most of all their steadfast demeanor when dealing with confrontation. However with time I find myself trying to escape from them because of their controlling and perfectionistic nature.

ESE: they think I'm very interesting until they get to know me

ILE: they're smart, competent, and resourceful, but I'm often annoyed at their want to be taken care of. One seemed particularly repulsive when commenting during a work dinner "it's been really long since we've been fed and catered for like these; they just don't care anymore". This same guy showed mild resentment of his own kid for needing parenting/guidance, being a responsibility over him and apparently a cause for the diminished quality time he spent with his wife. For some reason the kid was to blame and not his lack of readiness and planning. Others I've met have been pretty cocky and clever yet ineffective at achieving tangible results and positions of leadership or influence, so they sulked and complained on how management was close minded and filled with ellitists.
    Your descriptions are really great.

But what I really want to know is what your ESI friend told you about how to "tame your man". Lol.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI Cuddly pillows occasionally snag.
    SEIs are easy-going and reliable. Well, reliable to reach an acceptable result. At some time, eventually. Possibly messily too. So maybe not reliable. But they do things well when they do things right. Which is actually more often than the stereotypes give them credit for. And they're smarter than they look. Or they look less smart than they are...same thing. But beware. These teddybears can turn suddenly viscous if their personal property is threatened.

LSI Sturdy robots make the firmest lines.
    In my limited experience, LSIs are smart and sufficient and are unlikely to share interests with me. They like...dancing and coaching and being he-men and he-women, I guess.

ILI Snarky, but likeable.
    My experience with ILIs is mixed. They're hard to pinpoint in terms of behavior. But they generally have a sarcasm and wit and a sharpness or brusqueness to them. If that is reached past, there is an underlying gem of sincerity. Sometimes it feels I don't meet their standards, but they tend to accept me anyway.

EII Lovely people. I'll take two. Keep them in my basket, let them out to play.
    EIIs usually come to me so I don't have to go to them. They are easy to get along with and make me feel appreciated. At their best, they're fun and witty and understanding. At their worst, they're moody and passive-aggressive.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESI: We get along pretty well. When working together I usually end up doing about 75 - 80% of the work, but I don't really feel taken advantage of (even if I might be lmao, but it doesn't matter); however I wouldn't feel motivated to do this work if it wasn't because I like them so much.
    This is the exact same experience I have with the ESI I know lol. It's almost comical how much she disregards her work. Nobody can really confront her about it either because of the strong ties she keeps with a few of the other co-workers, one of which she is in a relationship with (I believe he is SEE). In addition she also threatens to call HR anyone tries to take action against her for not working.

It's quite amusing watching her clash with our LSI supervisor, he takes everything operational related extremely seriously while she blatantly disregards her job. He's ultimately powerless to do anything about her though other then give her harsh talks, there isn't exactly an abundance of people willing to fill her position, and firing her could lead to a shit storm with other workers she made ties with. Her SEE boyfriend already came close to getting in a physical fight with the LSI in past for the LSI criticizing him about not doing his job right and that kind of stuff.

A lot of this might sound negative but I don't mind her tbh. She often helps when I get into pinch with something at work and she's been pretty respectful towards me. I myself hate doing work in this place so I can sympathize with her on that as well.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*ESE- Sometimes they are too much and I roll my eyes at them a lot, but I like them. I feel they genuinely mean well most of the time.
    *SEI- I get along really well with SEIs, nearly 100% of the time. I find them very pleasant.
    *ILE- Can be annoying, but we are often on the same wavelength.

*SLE- My most hated type, but I have mixed feelings. I'm actually close with a few, almost all guys. They can be really generous and cool one day and raging assholes the next, and a perfect example of "toxic masculinity" to use a very delta term, apparently haha.
    *IEI- Very fascinating, almost always E4, but mostly a little over the top once you really get to know them. I will often regret asking them what's going on inside their heads. I was just trying to have a nice, interesting conversation, now the floodgates are open. By the end of a deep, probing conversation with an IEI I am usually concerned for their wellbeing.

*SEE- I know a lot of SEEs, mostly female. I usually like them but also find myself disapproving of the choices they make. But they're always funny and fun to talk to and their pettiness makes me laugh.
    *ESI- They can be so hateful, but I love them anyway. Super loyal to their friends and shockingly spiteful of their enemies, which they have a lot of. But those enemies probably have little to no idea how much energy is being spent on hating them.

*EII- One of my favorite types. We're usually on the same page and I find them very receptive to my ideas and energy. They are never threatening and always try to do the right thing and be socially responsible. I don't know many EIIs though.
    *LSE- Aggravating, but easy to talk to. They always think they are the smartest person in the room. I don't feel self-conscious around them for some reason. I don't really care about their opinion and I never fear hurting their feelings.
    *SLI- I like to mess with them. I like how easy going they are, but they can be very petty once in a blue moon. Often passive aggressive. We can talk a lot about insignificant things. Food often comes up, also sleep patterns and finances. We seem to have the same few conversations over and over again, but not necessarily in a bad way.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 03-16-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the most parts. I get hostile when I have to explain myself. Grit and backbone has to be learned, however anger can fuel it. Warmth is pretty tricky tho, it's there but usually inaccessible. Don't need no sympathy and I have none to offer.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE: I've had many ILE friends. We have lots of stimulating discussions in a way that I can't have with other types. The female ones usually are less explicitly intellectual but seem like friendly and open people (like the male ones). Sometimes it seems like their thinking is "off" or that they are overly confident in themselves.

SEI: A very easy relationship, maybe the easiest. Similar to ESEs but can get boring more easily.

ESE: I generally appreciate their positivity and desire to help others, but the more overbearing ones can sometimes be too controlling for me. I like the more laidback/introverted ones.

LII: Varies widely -- the classical description is accurate in that I usually don't have a reason to interact with them unless we have the same interests so that they can teach me something, or I them (bear in mind I can count the times this has happened on one hand). Can be cringey if I see my own faults in them.

EIE: Varies widely. We often hit it off right away but they often end up being "too much" for me, leading us to part ways. Maturity, self-centeredness, and whether they use their "powers" for good or evil are some other factors.

LSI: When we work together or discuss intellectual topics we tend to butt heads. Best-case scenario is usually one of cordial respect from a distance. One of my best friends as a child was LSI but in general it's very hard to see how a more friendly relationship would arise.

SLE: Some of them I find to be loudmouth bullies. I've had good relations with at least one SLE, and was employed by another one without any problems, but in general we need to maintain a wide distance. I like how they are incisive in their thinking and don't hold back just because it's socially acceptable to do.

IEI: I feel that we are similar in many ways, although their extensive exploration of the imaginary world is somewhat beyond me. My impressions of them range from insightful and sincere to pretentious and vapid. Again I tend to prefer ones who are more "laidback" or passive.

SEE: Sometimes they are focused on things I don't really care about like money, work, appearance, etc. When I do try to have a closer relationship there are barriers to communication - we have very different rhythms. The funny thing is that they have a good sense of people so they are usually aware of it too -- we adopt a communication style that is mutually acceptable but also feels a bit strained.

ILI: Also difficult to communicate with, can be infuriating when we misinterpret each other or each other's intentions. Frankly though many of them seem like miserable people. Can occasionally be funny.

LIE: One of the weirdest relationships. Sometimes they seem admirable and intelligent, other times they seem like they're from another planet. Female ones can have an interesting energy. Can be loud and obnoxious.

ESI: In many cases they seem to find a reason to hate me or have nothing to do with me, despite my best efforts to get along. I find it frustrating how they put up barriers to communication or act out of spite. In better cases we actually relate quite well and I think it could even work romantically.

LSE: They seem chill for the most part, and helpful which I like. But on a personal level it can be boring -- that Fe "spark" may not be there.

EII: Varies a lot. Can be warm, kind, and insightful, or judgy and boring. Again not a relationship that I would necessarily seek out for friendship but I do appreciate their company.

IEE: The more intelligent (and introverted?) ones can be very interesting in much the same way as ILEs. The more "random" or silly ones tend to get on my nerves. Sometimes their irreverence becomes straight up callousness.

SLI: This one is hard to describe. I generally find them more attractive or interesting as friends than other Deltas but there are certain obstacles. I find their thinking to be "slow" which is sometimes frustrating. I find it unlikely that I will have a stable relationship with one in the future unless they are exceptionally good at communication.
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-17-2018 at 03:38 AM. Reason: accidentally deleted something