Thread: The16types Typings Spreadsheet

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Ok, then I'm the next one who don't perceive Chae as rude, I see her as funny and entertaining in this forum.
    Y'all don't understand. If a person like me is rude then you gotta ask yourself why and check a mirror asap. This is tit-for-tat land nowadays since I have personal issues, I own and deal the receipts when I get the reason to have them with less threshold. Yes I am rude with deliberation, no need to defend my salty ass. I'm aiming for it. And either way... why do you pick this out & criticize me for that, I am way shadier in other aspects Have yet to see a reasonable call-out or typing that made me say, yes! This was on point, you get a medal. Try harder, preferably in my typing thread, when you're so hellbent. Move it, I wanna see some proper results instead, I don't take your harem requests currently. I'm here sipping my herbal tea nice and hot. The entertainment and hype you get for free, take it or leave it I can switch it off real quick and you see what happens. You know I fucking run it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tfw you want to be added because you're curious about how others see you but you don't want to be so presumptuous as to add yourself because you're so new and people probably don't know anything about you so you just anxiously check the spreadsheet every now and then to see if anyone added you

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just add yourself.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the whole idea behind placing people in strict yet generalized categories strikes me as more Ti-Fe valuing than Fi-Te valuing, so if I catch someone relying on that as their sole means of making "personal" assessments of people, especially if it leaks into their own relationships whereby they judge the quality of those relationship not with their own naturally-formed attitude toward the individuals with whom they share a relationship, but pre-selected categories which bare only mild resemblances to the "real" state of the relationship, which is not the same as utilizing typology casually nor within the context of a thread where such typing methods are required, then I find myself mentally leaning toward Ti-Fe since there seems to be this implicit notion that in order to understand and/or even deal with people, you must first simplify their existence into a handful of identifiers, which soon becomes the foundation from which you base your treatment of them, instead of getting to know them on a 1-on-1 basis over a certain length of time and recognizing that there's so much more to them than a handful of pathological behaviors, which you may have not even assigned correctly, because of human error and all that.

that's not to say or even imply that anyone who relies on typology is immediately Ti-Fe valuing because typology forums are diverse enough to safely ascertain the opposite, but I think if you pay attention to their method of typing and how much weight they assign to those typings, whether or not they realize that it's merely one of the many ways you can describe individuals since the most useful aspect of typology is probably the (inter)personal vocabulary it provides you with, divorced from any typological contexts, then you might start to notice a divide between those who strictly adhere to typology, similar to how scientists may religiously employ the scientific method except in the interpersonal sphere, and those who simply view it as a means to an end, the tip of the iceberg, like "I understand you probably fit there, if I think about it enough, but I'm usually not thinking about it enough."

but I think it gets more complicated when you consider that intuitives are prone to making generalizations of this nature, especially Ne-egos, in my experience, but those generalizations usually exist before and after becoming aware of typology systems, and I think after a certain point, it's pushed to the background in favor of whichever patterns they've recognized themselves, or whichever patterns they've picked up from various external sources which usually extend well beyond typology systems, so it's not as cut-and-dried as stated above. then again, the creation of typology systems is almost intrinsically "alpha" territory, if we assume that typology = any categorization system for people, and, for humor's sake, if we take quadra progression into consideration, then the act of adhering to these typological frameworks by way of implementing and enforcing them would probably be "beta" territory.

it's kind of anti-"gamma" in that sense which is probably why we have yet to pass the baton from "beta" to "gamma" hence the current stalemate in socionics where we've been caught in the same groove for years while we lackadaisically discuss the theoretical underpinnings of a frozen theory which most likely won't go any further since the theory itself was developed by a group whose values directly contradict the values of the concurrent group in the quadra progression lineup, which may or may not explain why the "gamma" subforum is practically barren, and now "delta" is just waltzing in and out at random intervals, which they've been doing since the dawn of the forum, while they scrupulously try to place themselves within a category of their own, while being more-or-less unconcerned where anyone else places themselves, which soon enough becomes a life-long quest of introspection and lability before they eventually settle on "unsettled" because they are too aware of their own intricacies and those of others to tie anyone down to a specific type.
    Last edited by wasp; 03-10-2018 at 05:10 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    tfw you want to be added because you're curious about how others see you but...
    Your row has been added. Make a column too if you like.
    (You couldn't have added your own row anyway since I safeguarded column A.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Y'all don't understand. If a person like me is rude then you gotta ask yourself why and check a mirror asap. This is tit-for-tat land nowadays since I have personal issues, I own and deal the receipts when I get the reason to have them with less threshold. Yes I am rude with deliberation, no need to defend my salty ass. I'm aiming for it. And either way... why do you pick this out & criticize me for that, I am way shadier in other aspects Have yet to see a reasonable call-out or typing that made me say, yes! This was on point, you get a medal. Try harder, preferably in my typing thread, when you're so hellbent. Move it, I wanna see some proper results instead, I don't take your harem requests currently. I'm here sipping my herbal tea nice and hot. The entertainment and hype you get for free, take it or leave it I can switch it off real quick and you see what happens. You know I fucking run it.
    Is this you talking or one of your 'gangsta (gangstar?)' celebrities? I never can tell.

I suppose all that stuff would probably be called 'Se beta valuing' in terms of socionics. (Not joking, but it sounds like Nicky Minaj when she's in 'Romaine' mode.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This is a huge derail already, but the reason I typed Chae as Fe leading (and Fi ignoring) is not because she's "rude", it's because she has almost zero sense of personal boundaries, she makes everything her business whether it is or not

She also has a very "diva" type of personality that is totally not IEE, wanting to be in the spotlight and admiring various plasticized celebrities.
    I agree with your typing reason, but, is it really a huge de-rail? It's a) socionics forum and b) a thread about us typing other members, I don't think it's too unexpected for conversations around that to happen?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Socionics forum be like:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    I agree with your typing reason, but, is it really a huge de-rail? It's a) socionics forum and b) a thread about us typing other members, I don't think it's too unexpected for conversations around that to happen?
    It's not a thread about Chae (as if there weren't enough already).

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It's not a thread about Chae (as if there weren't enough already).
    Oops.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Oops.
    J types and their rules

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    There's always drama in here, it's ridiculous. People have the right to type others as they want, and even if it's clear they dislike you, who cares? It's always the same old story.

Anyway, we must be respectful. I don't like the way you've been talking about Chae. Your words reek disdain. There's a subtle line between honesty and rudeness.
    I don't think hotel ambush has an issue with typing Chae, but I don't recall him or anyone being rude about it.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    the whole idea behind placing people in strict yet generalized categories strikes me as more Ti-Fe valuing than Fi-Te valuing
    well first I'd say that categorizing people is more a function of rationality than Ti. but lets operate off the assumption that Ti is bad and Fi is good. Here's what Fi does: has an affective response to a happening, and that is its category. It doesn't have structural language in the same way Ti does, so its tempting to think of it as something less than a category, but the feeling is just as harsh a mistress and as undeniable and rigid as logic. you can't say you didn't feel a way about a thing. although you can react in the opposite manner (reaction formation) it is still fundamentally driven by your categorical starting point. so it really goes back to the idea that "you can't not judge people", you can only pretend you don't. also gulenko would put us firmly in alpha, and the baton is about as far from gamma as it can be, having not yet been handed off to beta yet. in that sense it is not strange that delta would be attracted to the theory, if for no other reason than its very Ne. in the end what you seem to be against is prejudice, but it would be unfair to lay that at the feet of Ti... humorously, often Ti looks at Fi as the more prejudicial function, since it arrives more based on affective response than cool analysis

ultimately what you said about using categories to assess people comes down to something like: "If I perceive people as using Ti (defined by "strict and general categories") to categorize people, I think they're Ti valuing." the contradiction is in that "strict and general categories" is not really Ti, rather judgement in general, but you did a good job of making it seem like Fi is a more "naturally formed attitude" toward someone. "natural" is not equal to Fi, unless you want to exclude Ti types as natural. Rather it is simply your preferred way of going about things (ostensibly)... at the end of the day you're making a claim of something like "I use Fi to make judgements--if I think people don't use Fi to make judgements I think they use Ti" which sort of cuts out a lot of alternatives such as what about dominant perceivers and what about Te and Fe?... ultimately you also seem to lose sight of the idea that inasmuch as socionics is inherently a Ti theory its sort of bizarre to cast Ti as second rate in forming judgements anyway. there is something extremely natural about the rationality of ESE v SEE for example (unrestrained emotion v. politicking), or LII v LSI (openly approaching the universe and trying to describe it in terms of logic v forcing everyone into a bureaucracy, i.e.: prescribing the controlling logic for all)

anyone who feels bad for chae is just buying into a ridiculous illusion anyway. chae's entire game is to net a response, and good for her, I hope it does cause people to look in the mirror. but this idea that people are out of line is misplaced since this entire thing was as manufactured as any Ti based typing. people get lost in the twists and turns or maybe they just want to use it as occasion to push their own agenda (I know I do), and good for them. but this entire controversy is total maya and I feel bad for anyone who can't see it because you're being played.. what I see is a mixed group of logic and ethicals each with a variety of concerns and weak spots and a few extroverts trying to exert control over the dynamic but each having their own blind spots that if any were to blindly follow it would be bad for someone and not deservedly. in other words what needs to happen is people need to realize that certain petty narratives have long out lived their usefulness and competing between those options is a lost cause. chae has her own meme blasting form of advocacy for outdated anti psychological idealogical dogma. wasp's above quote is no less obtuse in its own way. Reyne's assertion that people abuse chae is no less absurd and smacks of role-playing ethics. the main thing is to not be puppets, either to your own habitual and lazy forms of thinking or the facile slogans of others

heres an interesting read on natural v artificial ... its important to see how he defines them since natural is connected to deriving information in a way that draws on forces "outside" society, i.e.: the natural world, like the jungle or the forest, the primordial forces that preceded civilization. whereas unnatural is artificial, constructed, works to exclude and constrain nature or to manipulate or impersonate it for human goals. artificiality are things that could be otherwise, natural are descriptions of things that we given without trying to modify them. its more about acknowledging them and preserving them in tact, whereas artificiality tries to modify the formula so to speak.

ti is therefore not necessarily unnatural and fi is not necessarily natural, rather they are both about relationships, one the logic the other ethics, but each can additionally be either natural or unnatural. in other words there's a quaternary in play not a simple 1:1 correlation

what it does correlate to is the left/right dichotomy which has to do with involution v evolution. involution brings in natural information that exists outside our artificial borders; from the chaos beyond the safety of the known, i.e.: civilization. evolution tries to develop that which is already known, to add complexity without changing the underlying picture; to specify. in law you have people that want to nail down everything with specific rules and then you have people that want to craft general rules that keep things simple but capture the essence of things. creating a huge book of rules for everything is evolutionary artificial work (over time this creates a maze of rules that are hard to follow), whereas reform that wants to simplify and make things easier to understand is involution, it breaks down the existing built up structures when they get too cumbersome. in that sense nature cries out for a return to roots. the ethics of Fi in terms of natural v unnatural is ESI v EII. EII in terms of Christianity is a code for how to treat others, where ESI simply fights evil wherever it sees it. Christianity establishes constraints on how that should look, so it shoves things in no less an "unnatural" box as Ti. When beta gets ahold of that they put another spin on it, and it can become a tower of babel if people lose sight of the underlying truth and focus on the artificial aspects. the difference is Ti turns Fi artificial ethics into artificial logical relationships and that's where you have people getting executed over typos, but the process begins long before it ever comes to that
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-11-2018 at 05:35 AM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I am rude with deliberation, no need to defend my salty ass. I'm aiming for it.
    Sorry, then my tolerance level for rudeness must be quite high. I'd not use the word rude to decribe your behaviour, but that's probably my perception. I'd use words like cheeky or original to describe you, but not rude.

I guess there are people in this forum they would see me rude occasionally, but that's not my intention to act this way, it's just the way that I am.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes I am rude with deliberation, no need to defend my salty ass.
    You are just emotionally annoying like Fe types are for Te ones. Having no Fi types gentleness and politeness, like 2 girls I've mentioned above. Ti types perceive you differently - you are ok for them. Vitya and Winny like your talking style.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm self-typing as SLI-Si to throw a dent in people's typings so that there is more diversity in my column

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WinnieW is ILI, near quadra and supervision F are not as bad as opposing quadra.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Finally added my typings. Enjoy. xP
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol smh

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add me as an IEI, before I change my mind again.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

An anonymous idle coyote has taken refuge in my row. Not sure how many newer people will get the symbolism of that.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next step after this chart is to start having video calls with different combinations of forum members to get good data on IR. We need more reality in this forum more live data.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW... I had no idea that so many people here see me as ESI It's very surprising, the thought of being an ESI has never even crossed my mind. Interesting...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    WOW... I had no idea that so many people here see me as ESI It's very surprising, the thought of being an ESI has never even crossed my mind. Interesting...
    I personally think it's really unlikely.

From your pictures and your interaction style, you come across as an IP type.

But you could be ILI-Ni rather than IEI.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I personally think it's really unlikely.

From your pictures and your interaction style, you come across as an IP type.

But you could be ILI-Ni rather than IEI.
    I agree, I read ESI descriptions and they really do not fit. I'm definitely closer to SEI when it comes to introverted SF types, but I'm pretty sure that's not my type either.

When it comes to ILI - Ni, there's a slight chance of it being my type, but I'm not logical enough, I think ethical types are more likely.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had no idea so many people typed me IEI.
    I had no idea I even knew so many people.
    I had no idea so many people KNEW ME.

Stalkers, show yourself.
    Or don't rather. Because what would be the point in stalking, then?
    But if you're pretty and a ginger, keep doing it.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Widespread misunderstanding of the type

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    The next step after this chart is to start having video calls with different combinations of forum members to get good data on IR. We need more reality in this forum more live data.
    This forum has a long history of doing chats. It can be very helpful to confirm typings (in the sense of dynamic interactions not static "IR").

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush I’m curious about your typing... Could you please add it to the spreadsheet, please?
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    @thehotelambush I’m curious about your typing... Could you please add it to the spreadsheet, please?
    Your typing material seems to be scattered over many threads and I haven't gotten around to coming up with a confident typing. Which video was yours again?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Widespread misunderstanding of the type
    not so wide

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Who took column AC?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I added some new typings. If I left someone out it's because I am not sure about their type. If I am juggling two or more types for that person then it doesn't really make much sense to type them. Even the ones that I did type, I would not say I am 100% confident with their type, there is still doubt that my typing of them could be wrong. You can never be too sure with Socionics ime.

Even though I still think I am Ne-IEE, I like that the alternative typings of me are ILE and EII. They are two types that I have thought I was at one point or another in the past and I still play with the idea of being those types every now and again. Maybe I am one of those types or perhaps I just appear to be those types because IEEs are similar to them. Either way, it is all good to me.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Raver, you look very IEE to me
    Your sense of humor is also very IEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your typing material seems to be scattered over many threads and I haven't gotten around to coming up with a confident typing. Which video was yours again?
    I deleted the video some time ago... By the way, literally everyone in the thread came up with LII or, more specifically, LII-Ti, even Sol, who seems to be an expert in non-verbal typing.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    We look so good together
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    By the way, literally everyone in the thread came up with LII or, more specifically, LII-Ti, even Sol, who seems to be an expert in non-verbal typing.
    wow

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast