Thread: Alicia Silverstone

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Alicia Silverstone

I saw her typed as ENFP in mbti and I think she's IEE (she's like lol), anyway, thoughts on her type?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of Delta themes (especially in the last video), pragmatic/flexible approach to diet.
    Describes herself as shy.
    Would consider other Delta types but IEE could work.

edit: it does seem like Si/Te is what she is most confident in talking about, in the last video and this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTrdSKRRTVc
    She does seem to have some Fe so maybe LSE would be better.
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-21-2018 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alicia Silverstone - ISFJ - Dreiser

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that LSE could work

I don't see IEE

There are signs of creative Si.

100% DOMINANT subtype
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, she is most likely D-LSE

EDIT: This is a constant problem. All really attractive women are D-LSE. I've run into them many times. I want to be Delta.

EDIT II: For comparison check out Finnish politician Anni Sinnemäki, whom I type D-IEE. Very different feeling about her than Silverstone.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 02-21-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, every Delta element except Fi appears very noticeably, so most likely Fi suggestive with Ne mobilizing.
    Also worth noting that when younger she apparently related better to her pet dogs than to people (at least that would be strange for an IEE).
    Also, her expectation that she would be strict with her children's diet.

edit: also, she has a blog: http://thekindlife.com if there was any doubt that she is Si ego.
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-21-2018 at 12:27 PM.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree IEE from VI alone. Plenty of Ne on the face as well Fi.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Established methods. So... LSE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IMO, she strikes me as Fi-IEE from overall behavior and mannerisms.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yes, she is most likely D-LSE

EDIT: This is a constant problem. All really attractive women are D-LSE. I've run into them many times. I want to be Delta.

EDIT II: For comparison check out Finnish politician Anni Sinnemäki, whom I type D-IEE. Very different feeling about her than Silverstone.
    I'd type Silverstone as IEE and Sinnemaki as LSE. lol

I've problems seeing Silverstone career and roles as something that an LSE would chose.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's LSE

All really attractive women are D-LSE. I've run into them many times. I want to be Delta.
    Unless you are an IEE don't bother getting into a relationship with an LSE.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I've problems seeing Silverstone career and roles as something that an LSE would chose.
    Can you be more specific? She did play some ditzy roles (from what I can tell, I've only ever seen her in Batman) but those are just characters. She mentioned that her character in Clueless is not like her actual personality.

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was in Blast From the Past as well.

She seems a bit much for me and also more ethical than LSE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEI

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by domr View Post
    She's LSE

Unless you are an IEE don't bother getting into a relationship with an LSE.
    Good advice.

I've been in relationships with two LSE. I know very well what supervision is. I blame the mistake on their looks. LSE can be very attractive.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you find LSE in lots of different careers. So how do you decide that? She is a celebrity, so she is probably pretty smart and able to do many things.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But you find LSE in lots of different careers. So how do you decide that? She is a celebrity, so she is probably pretty smart and able to do many things.
    No, its not about the career, but about the roles she has chosen and limited to play. They are almost entirely ethical roles which would be strange if she´s Te Si ego.

Laura Prepon is an LSE imo, but she looks different from Silverstone and her roles are different (and her energy is very different):

This other girl is LSE:

I see those two examples very different from Silverstone and not just in her roles but all her way of speaking, communication, energy etc.
    Last edited by Hope; 02-23-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I dunno, daniel day lewis is supposedly LSI and he does it all... I think at some point its just work, although DDL does seem to play more logical characters than ethical ones...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, its not about the career, but about the roles she has chosen and limited to play. They are almost entirely ethical roles which would be strange if she´s Te Si ego.

Laura Prepon is an LSE imo, but she looks different from Silverstone and her roles are different (and her energy is very different):
    yes Laura Prepon gives a stronger Te impression. But subtype matters also.

What about ESE for Silverstone? That's the only other type I can see so far.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This other girl is LSE:

I see those two examples very different from Silverstone and not just in her roles but all her way of speaking, communication, energy etc.
    This girl is probably ESE-Fe.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good advice.

I've been in relationships with two LSE. I know very well what supervision is. I blame the mistake on their looks. LSE can be very attractive.
    what was dating a LSE like as SEI?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    what was dating a LSE like as SEI?
    It was fantastic attraction combined with inner fragility. Difficult to be myself, nothing feels natural. You start to fake it.

I've never been able to put it exactly into words but something like being very uncomfortable in my own skin and not knowing why, and desperately trying to forget it so I can be natural.

But it was a long time ago

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

moar

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    This girl is probably ESE-Fe.

Not very similar to ESEs I know. But

Anyway here another one (probably Si subtype):

Last edited by Hope; 02-23-2018 at 09:22 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yes Laura Prepon gives a stronger Te impression. But subtype matters also.

What about ESE for Silverstone? That's the only other type I can see so far.
    To me Silverstone is an obvious ethical and Si valuer. Then I'd go with Te>Ti valuer. But SEI-Fe,ESE are more possible than LSE imo.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me Silverstone is an obvious ethical and Si valuer. Then I'd go with Te>Ti valuer. But SEI-Fe,ESE are more possible than LSE imo.
    What about ESI as khcs suggested?

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-Fi

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This other girl is LSE:

LizziesAnswers is most definitely ESE.

(Also, IIRC the "ISTP" she describes here is most likely an LSI.)
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-24-2018 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

just saw a girl today who looked a lot like her. she was chatting up her friend and clearly much more extraverted than the other girl. IEE sounds good, maybe Ne subtype.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cool

What about ESI as khcs suggested?
    ESIs are not Si valuers, Silverstone clearly is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to see IEE from photos, perhaps i'll return to the thread to watch a video.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    just saw a girl today who looked a lot like her. she was chatting up her friend and clearly much more extraverted than the other girl. IEE sounds good, maybe Ne subtype.
    She isn't IEE.
    LSE and IEE can appear very similar at first, especially leading subtypes because they use their mobilizing functions quite a bit. But pay attention to her in last video, Q&A video, in the 1st post.
    Her reasons for being vegan are mostly logic. And when answering the college food question she digs deep into sensation to give examples and even comes up with a logical system (pot lucks) to lower food costs for the group.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of this might be wrong, but, could someone explain to me why she's IEE apart from 'vibes'?

She seems like a Sensing type somehow, so i'm not sure yet. I did some checking on her wiki page:

They (her husband) live in an eco-friendly Los Angeles house, complete with solar panels and an organic vegetable garden.[74] Silverstone bought the house, shared with a "menagerie of rescued dogs", in 1996.

2009, Silverstone released The Kind Diet, a guide to vegan nutrition, and launched its associated website The Kind Life. The Kind Diet has topped the Hardcover Advice & Misc. category of the New York Times bestseller list.[78] In 2014, her follow-up book The Kind Mama was published.[79] She plans to write a third, The Kind Diet Cookbook.[80]

In May 2011, Silverstone gave birth to a boy.[81] In March 2012, she received media attention for uploading a video of herself feeding chewed food to her son from her own mouth.

Silverstone has set up a sanctuary for rescued pets in Los Angeles.

Silverstone is noted for being an animal rights and environmental activist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Silverstone

^ Some data.

I'm looking for something which shows She could maybe be ESI? I've seen ESIs who kinda look like her, are vegetarians, like dogs etc.

She's very social/environmental activist orientated, so, it implies F interests, but, Delta?

I suppose her interests are more small scale rather than wide ranging - not so much a change to society, but just wanting people to be vegan for some reason and looking after pets, might indicate SF > NF. It could also indicate I too, but EII does not seem likely based on her groundedness.

IEE is not impossible.

Edit: She describes herself as 'quiet and soft spoken' in the first video. IEEs can be this way in some cases, they're not loud and brash usually, but, introvert is more likely to be this.

2nd video: Instead of answering the question (at the start), she instead started talking about what she wanted to talk about, continuing to lecture people who don't want to stop eating meat (let people make their own choices, weak Ne?). I'm still seeing ESI (forceful form of moralizing.)

But, i'd like her to be IEE, cause that would be cool.

Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 02-24-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first impression of her was ESE, but she can be Gamma SF. So ESI and SEE are possible. I also think she's more of a sensing type.
    She seems more gamma to me. And her Fi/Te valuing is clear I guess.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    My first impression of her was ESE, but she can be Gamma SF. So ESI and SEE are possible. I also think she's more of a sensing type.
    SEE

Gamma gives off a lot more serious vibe than Delta and she comes off as aloaf not serious.

Anyways it's obvious to me she is LSE but that's because I attract LSE women like moths to a flame and it's common for them to give off a more IEE-like vibe because of gender norms.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a really good post, thank you. ESE can work too, thank you for noticing,

Maybe ESE > ESI or ESI > ESE, personally i'm just happy to say ESX and probs just leave it at that

Thanks again for your

Edit: Still seeing ESI though, ha
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 02-24-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Gamma gives off a lot more serious vibe than Delta and she comes off as aloaf not serious.

Anyways it's obvious to me she is LSE but that's because I attract LSE women like moths to a flame and it's common for them to give off a more IEE-like vibe because of gender norms.
    Hm she seems an ethical type to me. Gamma SF may seem cold and serious due to Fi+Se. I haven't met an LSE before so I don't really know how to spot them but I still don't think she's LSE or a logical type at least. She fits the image I have for Gamma SF. She doesn't seem Fi suggestive but has strong Fi imo.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    This is a really good post, thank you. ESE can work too, thank you for noticing,

Maybe ESE > ESI or ESI > ESE, personally i'm just happy to say ESX and probs just leave it at that

Thanks again for your

Edit: Still seeing ESI though, ha
    Me too I think ESI is more likely.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI compromise too much because of that creative Fe. That's why.
    Yes but supervision is supervision

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't seem Fi suggestive but has strong Fi imo.
    I think you are confusing the Ne lighthearted demeanor, which the LSE will often emit because of mobilizing Ne, with Fi.

Fi is about a rigorous understanding of morality.

ex. EII

Last edited by domr; 02-24-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast