Thread: Hey there.

TIM
    Ne/Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey there.

I've known socionics for a few years now, and I've done some real-world observation during this time to test the theories and come up with some of my own. I'd love to share some of my ideas and hear some of yours so I decided to make an account after having lurked for a few months.

About me:
    I've consistently scored ILE in socionics ever since I first took a test, although in MBTI I always get INTP with rather high introversion. (I'd say I'm an ILE-Ti, since ILE dichotomies and particularities such as Fi-POLR and Si-seeking fit me much better than LII ones, however my worldview is rather Ti-centric and the Extravert in ILE doesn't quite fit me that well.)

I'm an Engineering student. I tend to think in "if/then" patterns which are usually only applicable to hard sciences. Psychology is generally considered a soft science and you can't assure that if/then patterns will hold true all the time. However, socionics does a great job of categorizing and explaining Personality Types not only in a way that makes logical sense, but also in a way that they can be observed in real life (general "patterns of behavior" can be observed within people of a certain type which are expressions of the Information Elements that belong to that particular type). Socionics DOES have a degree of error, simply due to the subjective nature of personality and how people may act ambiguously (or "out of character", because of societal expectations or some other reason), but the degree of error is much smaller than other personality theories like MBTI, Big Five, etc. so it's a great way to understand why people act the way they do, or why they think about things from certain points of view and not others.

I like anime/manga/vn's, rhythm games, reading about stuff, and generally wasting my time. Hope I didn't bore you talking about myself so much.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

welcome to the forum o/