Thread: Instinctual Variant Test

TIM
    SEER ~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp
    Mentioned
    785 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Instinctual Variant Test

In Enneagram theory, there are three drives, or "instincts" that are key to our survival needs. Some say that they are so deep that they penetrate into our unconscious, dictating our very desires. Each person has a "stacking." This test assesses your dominant instinct. Your second highest result will be your second instinct. For instance, you may be a self-preservation dominant with the sexual instinct as your second result. Then, you would be a sp/sx.

No matter how you view the instincts, it's always fun to take personality tests!
    Sincerely,
    -The test creator (a so/sx)
    https://www.onlineassessmenttool.com...sessment-42570

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, this was interesting.

60%Sexual (sx)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely sexual. The sx instinct searches for intimacy, and is focused on intense connections. An sx-dominant fears incompleteness, loss of connection, or lack of desirability. They may be intense, playful, or impulsive. They feel that they need a strong bond or "other half" in order to get along in life. The sx instinct should not be confused with the physical act of sex or sexual desire itself.
    20%Self-preservation (sp)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely self-preservation. The sp instinct searches for survival, and is focused on itself and its world. An sp-dominant person fears not surviving, and may be fearful of poverty, annihilation, or mortality. They're usually grounded, serious, and stable. They may feel that they must make it on their own in order to survive.
    20%Social (so)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely social. The so instinct searches for community and belonging in the greater world. An so-dominant fears loneliness, alienation, or inferiority. They may be personable, cooperative, or superficial. They feel that they need a sense of belonging in order to get along in life.

Melodies of a Martian~ ephemera's Avatar
    TIM
    964 sx/sp IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

73% Social
    27% Self Preservation
    0% Sexual

The only thing I don't understand about being Social is that it's either about belonging to a group OR making change outside yourself, ...the latter is far too foreign to me. People I know are far more important than larger communities and pop culture. Ofc I choose to be oblivious to any groups that have bad influences on me, so it's not like I don't see what trends are talked about I just get sick of them

TIM
    N-LII, 5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

87% sp
    13% sx
    0% so

Well I'm not too surprised by my results. But that's good. The test was pretty straightforward to my liking.
    LII (Normalizing subtype)
    5w6 sp/sx/so

Virgo sun, Libra moon, Taurus rising

TIM
    IEE 784 sx
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

80%Sexual (sx)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely sexual. The sx instinct searches for intimacy, and is focused on intense connections. An sx-dominant fears incompleteness, loss of connection, or lack of desirability. They may be intense, playful, or impulsive. They feel that they need a strong bond or "other half" in order to get along in life. The sx instinct should not be confused with the physical act of sex or sexual desire itself.
    20%Social (so)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely social. The so instinct searches for community and belonging in the greater world. An so-dominant fears loneliness, alienation, or inferiority. They may be personable, cooperative, or superficial. They feel that they need a sense of belonging in order to get along in life.
    0%Self-preservation (sp)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely self-preservation. The sp instinct searches for survival, and is focused on itself and its world. An sp-dominant person fears not surviving, and may be fearful of poverty, annihilation, or mortality. They're usually grounded, serious, and stable. They may feel that they must make it on their own in order to survive.
    You know that you are dead when someone puts you into a box and you are unable to devise a way to get out of it

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67% sx
    27% sp
    7% so

I suspected I was a sexual variant, but I wasn't completely sure. I was primarily torn between sexual and self-preservation (social is pretty much non-existent for me), but sexual seemed to be a little more accurate. I can be very self-centered and individualistic at times like an sp variant, but my neglect of basic health/hygiene and physical well-being as well as my disinterest in living a safe life seemed very unlike self-preservation.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

67% sp, 33% sx, 0% so

Sounds about right.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

💘 Dov’e L’Amore 💖 Without Warning's Avatar
    TIM
    $€€ Sx/So
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

87% sx

13% so

0% sp

And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.

TIM
    ISTp D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60sx
    36sp
    7so

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their descriptions of Sx though Intimidating, fierce,too intense. ?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

🍬ⓈⓤⒼⓐⓇ🍬🎩ⒹⓐⒹⓓⓎ🎩🍮Ⓝⓞⓔ 🍮 ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 9w1 972 sp/so
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

47%Social (so)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely social. The so instinct searches for community and belonging in the greater world. An so-dominant fears loneliness, alienation, or inferiority. They may be personable, cooperative, or superficial. They feel that they need a sense of belonging in order to get along in life.*

33%Self-preservation (sp)

20%Sexual (sx)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely sexual. The sx instinct searches for intimacy, and is focused on intense connections. An sx-dominant fears incompleteness, loss of connection, or lack of desirability. They may be intense, playful, or impulsive. They feel that they need a strong bond or "other half" in order to get along in life. The sx instinct should not be confused with the physical act of sex or sexual desire itself.*

Honestly, more I think about it more so/sp seems to fit, no matter how much I don't like it. I am only focused on sp concerns when I have to, but it is not something I am as concerned with. But if I am shown any sign of belonging I get so utterly happy and hyped up and giddy, it is ridiculous. (Also the sense of always feeling I don't truly belong a group and that others are closer than I am to them is something I really get nervous about if I let myself into a group in the first place...

heretic artificial hyena Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C/H 7(93?)
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    47%Social (so)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely social. The so instinct searches for community and belonging in the greater world. An so-dominant fears loneliness, alienation, or inferiority. They may be personable, cooperative, or superficial. They feel that they need a sense of belonging in order to get along in life.*

33%Self-preservation (sp)

20%Sexual (sx)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely sexual. The sx instinct searches for intimacy, and is focused on intense connections. An sx-dominant fears incompleteness, loss of connection, or lack of desirability. They may be intense, playful, or impulsive. They feel that they need a strong bond or "other half" in order to get along in life. The sx instinct should not be confused with the physical act of sex or sexual desire itself.*

Last edited by Troll Nr 007; 02-13-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    extrospection > introspection

Head type as in being truly head type and probably 7>5. Too divergent, scattered and expressive for typical 5 and that is the preferred way although long term focus usually helps.

Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Social (so): 87%
    Sexual (sx): 13%
    Self-preservation (sp): 0%

Not surprised about the stacking order, though I'd say my SX and SP can be 'stronger' than that (depending on circumstance).

The test seems to be pretty good at determining the stacking order for most.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 02-13-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    NEW DISCORD SERVER
    "This server's purpose is to give us a platform to talk about various typological theories for fun,
    but also to go through our personal evolution by improving our instincts."

Typing [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x] YouTube [x] Film [x]

Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    NEW DISCORD SERVER
    "This server's purpose is to give us a platform to talk about various typological theories for fun,
    but also to go through our personal evolution by improving our instincts."

Typing [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x] YouTube [x] Film [x]

🍬ⓈⓤⒼⓐⓇ🍬🎩ⒹⓐⒹⓓⓎ🎩🍮Ⓝⓞⓔ 🍮 ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 9w1 972 sp/so
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post

Instinctual stack twins

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO 67%
    SP 33%
    SX 0%

I usually get sp/so in other tests.
    Last edited by Diana; 02-13-2018 at 06:18 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 1w9 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Ah, so THIS is where you found this test then...

The pieces of this mystery start to fall into place....

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73% sp
    20% so
    7% sx

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

67% sexual
    20% self pres
    13% social

TIM
    Fe-SEI, 9? sx/sp
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this seems like a pretty accurate quiz. It got me questioning my stack, too.
    Capture.PNG

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the Sx and So answers seemed pathetic.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    I like bugs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80% Social
    20% Sexual
    0% Self Pres

TIM
    SLI 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60% sp
    40% so
    0% sx

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

47% Social
    27% Sp
    27% Sx

I honestly don't know anymore... I've been told I'm Sp, Sp-last, Sx, etc. by different people.

TIM
    Fe-SEI, 9? sx/sp
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by auhin View Post
    47% Social
    27% Sp
    27% Sx

I honestly don't know anymore... I've been told I'm Sp, Sp-last, Sx, etc. by different people.
    Huh Have you ever tried posting a thread to let people type you on here?