Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenge my typing

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also at school, I wasn't obviously considered one of the cool kids, but I was neither considered to be a nerd. I was lonely most of the time. Despite of that I sometimes sticked with the group of nerds, and when the bullies lacked respect to them, I stood up and beat them. It made me feel in control of the situation. I felt if they didn't respect my group, they weren't respecting me. The same applied in the previous example. If you think you can disrespect my home, then you think you can disrespect me.
    hah I like this, this is how a Real Man
    should behave. <3 Let it be known through out the lands, I definitely consider you an alpha male- even if Se is your polr! Hopefully the insecure women hating dweebs will learn a thing or two from you.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I relate to you a lot. Until you start talking about the tattoos and fighting people who disrespect your house and stuff haha then I'm like...?

I don't really know what to say about your type. It's just as confusing as my type lol.

I must say, you sound Se valuing and strong much more than me, but perhaps it's overcompensation.

I'll probably come back later and respond to individual parts, but for now I could see ILI, LII, IEI, or ESI (until you start talking about Ne), possibly ILE? I don't really see that for some reason in your overall ways, though from the way you talk about yourself you use a lot of Ne. And that's the main way I relate to you. The always wanting to do something new or learn something, but it's often physical like an instrument.

I will be back for sure.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 09-16-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    I dislike using force on other people, but since I dislike even more when other people try to influence me with force, I end up "using" Se. I'm fairly confident about the introversion. I wonder if I really use Ne. I'm very curious for example, but I may prefer Si over Ne. That said, I know I value Si and not Se.

Right now I have some weeks without study or work so I am searching a new hobby or interest. I was considering starting to read some classics to extend my common knowledge, but I am a bit discouraged, because if I begin, then I'll feel the need to read all of them and I tend to be neurotic about this stuff. I don't really find joy in most of the things. I'm always thinking about what I could do, but when I finally do it I'm bored or stressed. I have some problems with reading stuff that never happened. It sounds fake and useless, so I get bored. I'd like to read something about... I don't know... maybe the commerce of potatoes in the past centuries(?). I don't know if I'm creative at all. I often think I just enjoy being bombarded with weird and unconventional stuff. Sometimes I become weirdly proactive, coming up with weird stories like in the superlatives thread , but it doesn't happen that often.

Maybe I'm a Si lead that's oblivious to the physical world most of the time, but shows strong Se when needed, with suggestive Ne. I know for sure I ain't Se or Te seeking, but Fe and Ne both make sense.

Overall I'm probably characterized mostly by a "let me sleep, eat and drink and you'll be fine" attitude, as evidenced by my questionnaires, but I live in my head so much that it's difficult for me to consider myself a sensor.

I'm gonna summon @Aki
    You have similar interests as me and like to dabble in the same types of things. Reading the classics is something I just gave up on recently. I stuck with it for a few months though. I'm also neurotic about that sort of thing. I spent hours making a list of books I wanted to read and researching them before checking them out and I was so single-minded about reading them all for those few months. Now I just have a huge pile of library books racking up fines and I haven't read a book in over a week. I'm stuck on languages right now. I am learning Esperanto now. I tried to learn it a few years back.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol I gave up on esperanto a few months ago. I wasn't really studying it. I actually didn't really like it, but I liked the idea behind it. I tried to make a better auxiliary language as well, but I wasn't satisfied, got mad and deleted all the files.
    Pretty much same here. I love the idea of Esperanto, but since no one speaks it I was like what's the point? But supposedly learning it can actually make you better at learning other languages. I'm learning Russian right now too and the Esperanto is a nice break. Russian has just as many idiosyncrasies as English! I also tried to make my own language, but I did not get very far. I had like a page of notes, saw what a waste of time it was and decided I overestimated myself yet again haha.

Do you know your enneagram type?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-Si is not an element that lives "out there" like Se. Si lives inside in its own world of stimully and sensations trying to keep it balanced, its impossible to escape from the physical or psychological state of the self. Si needs to be ok.
    Unlike +Si who focus more in recreating pleasurable sensations, -Si is mostly closed in itself avoiding discomfort and annoyance, and working in avoiding, fixing or moving elements that are causing personal discomfort. Once in a while, certain specific things gets its attention resulting interesting, attractive, pleasurable or profitable possibilities and potential benefits (Ne) if the proposal catch attention, you can get -Si genuinely caring. -Si +Te enjoys a "do it yourself" approach to life, learns hands on and its usually not interested in things that don't offer some potential personal benefit neither are practical tangible results. This includes literature ofc.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-17-2018 at 01:06 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd say 6w5 or 5w6 over 5w4, but you know your own motivations/fears better than me ofc. If you like tritype, maybe 4 is in your heart type, but again, I couldnt say. From gut type I'd say 9 and probably 8 wing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What do you think about my enneatype? @Aki @schwiftyrickty
    Are you sticking with SLI? I didn't really see you as LII tbh. I could totally see you as my dual. Assuming I'm IEE lol.

IDK about you being a 9 though. Then again, I type as 9 now too and I probably relate to you more than any one else I've talked to on here in many ways.

I'm sorry I never really have anything useful to say.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do you think memorizing and learning things could actually be "numbing" behaviors? I always thought I was a head type because of this stuff and how I think a lot, but I'm starting to think it's actually avoidant behavior kinda.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm sticking with SLI. An interesting thing I've read lately about types are Gulenko's cognitive styles. I STRONGLY relate to the vortical synergetic one. An IEE should relate to the holographical-panoramic cognition. When you got time you could read that stuff and see if you relate to it. Don't feel pressured to answer rapidly. Take your time. This thread could be useful for your type too.

Here's the article: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko

Memorizing "useless" stuff could be caused by disintegration. A 9 disintegrated to a 6 could bond so strongly with a system of thought that he would just start learning EVERYTHING about it. Or at least, that's how I interpret it.
    As a sp 9 lacking comfort I could seek the comfort elsewhere, trying to merge with something new, an ideal or a system.

The thing is that I often get bored and drastically change and seek a new interest. That may be caused by a similar thought:

"I hate my country, I won't get the comfortable and wealthy life I dream of if I stay here. I'm gonna learn japanese so that I'll be able to move there and live an easier life" ---> *Looking up at stuff about Japan I realise it's too difficult to move there* ---> "I'm learning swedish cause it's easier to move there, as an european citizen" ---> "It's a hard language and I'll need to get my degree first. I'll continue studying the language when I'll be close to getting my degree. Until then I'll be able to relax and do more comfortable stuff" ---> *Drops studying the swedish language for ever, and eventually forgets about it*

I know for sure my motivations and fears are not those of a six, BUT there's some evident 6ish influence in me. That may be caused by:
    1) Wing;
    2) Integration;
    3) Disintegration.

Keep in mind the root of my 6ish behaviour is the fear of losing comfort and having to live a hard life. Plus, there's also a big 8 element in me, and it's way more natural and comfortable than the 6ish one.
    I definitely relate most to HP. And it's the only part of the article that even makes any sense to me. I'm not sure how seriously that stuff should be taken though. And that still leaves LII as a possibility for me.

Your habits sound awfully sevenish. But your overall vibe doesn't. Just by reading your words at least. Did you say you have VI material somewhere?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know you but the whole "Challenge my belief" motivation sounds 6-ish, testing for weaknesses in your own thought process.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123