TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default There is no Fi in this world

Where is the Fi?

Take for instance; money. It allows you to bypass the common sense channel that god intended, which would be to award THOSE WHO DESERVE IT (Fi-Te) and not to the one who has more money. Why is it that you are allowed to buy anything you want as long as you've got the required money for it (the only requirement)? Any scumbag can pay for sex (!), can buy a house, is entitled to better services just because he's got the money.

Working just to earn living? Live to work, work to live? What about what the person WANTS to do. And who is entitled to say somebody should earn more money than another person? Aren't the jobs equally valid? Why is a CEO more deserving more than a human rights activist (for example)?

Is there a need for all those laws for punishing crimes? Isn't everybody able to distinguish right from wrong? Lifetime sentence for stealing, not even if you steal a BILLION, while a murderer or rapist might get out in 5 years? Are you for real??

Current society is the demonstrative +Te of SLE-Ti. No Fi whatsoever.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Current society is the demonstrative +Te of SLE-Ti.
    totally agree, at least in the outer social sphere. in families and close relationships this can change. this is why its so important to find the right people and hold on tight, because living the equivalent of the club scene is bullshit

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Practically, I can't disagree. Realistically, people have a hard time agreeing and working together, so we kind of need laws and monetary equalizers to set boundaries. It's really quite shitty.
    good bye

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi is in your personal relationship not in "formal" work relationships usually...unless you're lucky with good business partners.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol wat

maybe you're right, nothing's based on just what one individual wants things to be, but is that really a problem? who is determining what "deserve" means? why should you be able to just do what you want to do? does laying in my bed all day make me deserving of things? jobs are not equally valid if you at all plan to have a goal to move towards. people don't determine right from wrong consistently. idk this is all kind of mess to me. If a world with Fi would throw those considerations out, who wants it?
    Last edited by ouronis; 01-28-2018 at 10:13 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SP/SO probs.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    SP/SO probs.
    SP/SO?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

try to look at Fi types behavior. it's seen there best

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got into an argument with my ESI guy because his lack of money is making him obsessive over it. So he mocks me and turns everything back to the fact that we have no money and yeah right, he's just all Fi anyway... it really annoys me. Hoping this will pass soon because I can't deal with this (and he's pissed at me now because I don't make this a problem and get annoyed when he brings it up)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Just got into an argument with my ESI guy because his lack of money is making him obsessive over it. So he mocks me and turns everything back to the fact that we have no money and yeah right, he's just all Fi anyway... it really annoys me. Hoping this will pass soon because I can't deal with this (and he's pissed at me now because I don't make this a problem and get annoyed when he brings it up)
    Dat Te seeking

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Dat Te seeking
    aw I guess it's just a period, thanks goodie he's not like this normally... I guess it's because we're in Aquarius now so his Sun opposes the current Sun. It happens, yo

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this ultimately a life is hard, and why can't the world conform to my feelings thread?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, no one deserves anything. That's child talk.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Where is the Fi?

Take for instance; money. It allows you to bypass the common sense channel that god intended, which would be to award THOSE WHO DESERVE IT (Fi-Te) and not to the one who has more money. Why is it that you are allowed to buy anything you want as long as you've got the required money for it (the only requirement)? Any scumbag can pay for sex (!), can buy a house, is entitled to better services just because he's got the money.

Working just to earn living? Live to work, work to live? What about what the person WANTS to do. And who is entitled to say somebody should earn more money than another person? Aren't the jobs equally valid? Why is a CEO more deserving more than a human rights activist (for example)?

Is there a need for all those laws for punishing crimes? Isn't everybody able to distinguish right from wrong? Lifetime sentence for stealing, not even if you steal a BILLION, while a murderer or rapist might get out in 5 years? Are you for real??

Current society is the demonstrative +Te of SLE-Ti. No Fi whatsoever.
    There is plenty of Fi in the world. It is everywhere. With more people living virtual lives it seems Se is lacking. A lot of the people Se egos would affect are hiding in their caves ranting on social media, forums or reddit. If you knew what Fi looked like it would be obvious. If you work for your money then you deserve it. If you steal it then karma will catch up to you. Maybe not for 20 years but it will.

God, religion, belief in karma and laws are all needed to control the masses and keep them from killing each other. It is probably a law or a god that keeps your coworker from bashing your head in when they lose control of their Fi. Not even kidding.

You just extroverted a good amount of feeling here. Feel better?

My new favorite book. I will keep it next to my copy of the Tao Te Ching. It is easy to find the pdf online.

THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A FUCK: A COUNTERINTUITIVE APPROACH TO LIVING A GOOD LIFE

The point is, most of us struggle throughout our lives by giving too many fucks in situations where fucks do not deserve to be given. We give a fuck about the rude gas station attendant who gave us too many nickels. We give a fuck when a show we liked was canceled on TV. We give a fuck when our coworkers don’t bother asking us about our awesome weekend. We give a fuck when it’s raining and we were supposed to go jogging in the morning.

Fucks given everywhere. Strewn about like seeds in mother-fucking spring time. And for what purpose? For what reason? Convenience? Easy comforts? A pat on the fucking back maybe?

This is the problem, my friend.
    Because when we give too many fucks, when we choose to give a fuck about everything, then we feel as though we are perpetually entitled to feel comfortable and happy at all times, that’s when life fucks us.

Indeed, the ability to reserve our fucks for only the most fuckworthy of situations would surely make life a hell of a lot easier. Failure would be less terrifying. Rejection less painful. Unpleasant necessities more pleasant and the unsavory shit sandwiches a little bit more savory. I mean, if we could only give a few less fucks, or a few more consciously-directed fucks, then life would feel pretty fucking easy.

What we don’t realize is that there is a fine art of non-fuck-giving. People aren’t just born not giving a fuck. In fact, we’re born giving way too many fucks. Ever watch a kid cry his eyes out because his hat is the wrong shade of blue? Exactly. Fuck that kid.

Developing the ability to control and manage the fucks you give is the essence of strength and integrity. We must craft and hone our lack of fuckery over the course of years and decades. Like a fine wine, our fucks must age into a fine vintage, only uncorked and given on the most special fucking occasions.

This may sound easy. But it is not. Most of us, most of the time, get sucked in by life’s mean trivialities, steamrolled by its unimportant dramas; we live and die by the sidenotes and distractions and vicissitudes that suck the fucks out of us like Sasha Grey in the middle of a gangbang.
    This is no way to live, man. So stop fucking around. Get your fucks together. And here, allow me to fucking show you.

https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-fuck
    Also, where is all the Se in the world!? Scattered across the globe... If we don't act now it will all disappear and the world will be left with a bunch of drooling, self centered vegetables spreading their philosophy of misery to others when they are not navel gazing into the abyss of Ni or Fi.

Se as Leading Function

The individual feels at home among people who are actively doing something and interacting with each other directly (visibly), and is able to organize people, move them around as necessary, and guide them in achieving a specific goal. He or she likes obedience and even subservience in others, since it allows him to "make things happen" more effectively. He is keenly aware of territorial conflicts and confrontational behavior occurring around him. He very quickly becomes confrontational when others try to make him move or get him to do something in an aggressive or confrontational way. He quickly recognizes when people are trying to get each other to do something or are trying to organize him for some purpose. He also spontaneously uses aggression to achieve his own goals.He wants to make all decisions himself about what he will do, wear, eat, look like, etc., and resents any attempts by others to make these decisions for him. However, he is willing to make use of other peoples' ideas, advice, and creativity, as long as he plays the most visible role. He enjoys testing his will in challenging situations and views life as a sort of obstacle course, full of adversity and challenges, that must be weathered and conquered.

Se as Creative Function

The individual takes direct action to accomplish his goals and desires in the face of external obstacles, and also the interests of his close friends, family, or associates. This may involve prodding others to take necessary action, deliberately applying pressure in specific situations, or abruptly taking on an organizational role. The individual does not generally seek out confrontation, but he is also not afraid of it. He takes his responsibilities seriously and tends to perform them diligently and with care. He expects the same of others.

Se as Role Function

The individual tends to criticize himself for being less disciplined and organized than he should be, and typically tries to improve himself in this area, with very limited success. He is almost unable to make himself (or anyone else, for that matter) do things that they do not want to do, and is more likely to abandon a situation where people don't want to do anything rather than figure out how to mobilize or organize them properly. Discipline, organization, and mobilization can occur on their own, though, when there is a situation that demands it (as opposed to trying to generate it by oneself). However, he grows increasingly tired and emotionally worn out from having to put up a fight, and begins to look for a different, easier route rather than continue to confront the challenge directly.He resents any attempts to "push" him to do things and rejects the idea of people pressuring each other to do things. He himself avoids the use of pressure, preferring instead to entice and inspire. Only severe irritation can make him become forceful and demanding for brief periods of time until he calms down.Se as Vulnerable Function

The individual tends to overreact to aggressive or confrontational behavior, taking it as a personal threat when it may only be a knee-jerk reaction or the result of a bad mood. He tends to avoid intruding on others' space or engaging in behavior that may be perceived as coercive, and tries hard to handle his needs by being disciplined and well-prepared himself - rather than relying on others to do things for him. If these strategies fail, his efforts at dealing with the resulting conflict make him look actively pushy in a way that appears awkward and unnatural to others. This opens him up to painful criticism and feelings of weakness and helplessness.He is able to moralize and instruct others about what they should do and why, but he is not prepared for others' active resistance or refusal to do as he says. In his mind, this would require him to put aside reason and good feelings and simply make the other person do what is necessary. This is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for him to do.

Se as Suggestive Function

The individual is often characterized by his inertia. If left to his own devices, he may choose to do relatively little to interact with the outside world. When he does interact with the outside world, he often finds his activities to be empty and unfulfilling. To this individual, life is often characterized by periods of stimulation. For him, however, true stimulation is often spontaneous, and interludes between periods of stimulation are often characterized by tedium, inertia, and apathy. He is often not very adept at finding new areas of interest, and may seek to continue to reproduce past experiences instead of moving on to new things. In order to break out of this cycle, he requires an outside stimulus of spontaneity and activity. With such a degree of spontaneity introduced into his life, the tedium and perceived meaninglessness is replaced by a constant state of activity in which he can experience new things and escape from the confines of his own mind.He is additionally very indecisive. He may lack the ability to make important decisions, especially with regards to his own future. He may know what he wants to achieve out of life in a broad or long term sense, but will find it very difficult to set and finish the short term projects leading to it. In order to be able to act, he needs a tangible and definite stimulus from somebody well grounded in external reality and who has a clear picture of what must be done in a certain situation.

Se as Mobilizing Function

The individual tends to feel capable of achieving his goals, but hesitates on whether the path he is choosing is the right one. In these cases he needs to feel the support of others in order to be motivated to finally choose. He likes to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see his will and personal power develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people. However, he depends on others to provide the gusto and motivation for these endeavors.

Se as Ignoring Function

The individual prefers to guide others by providing individual rewards and helping satisfy the needs of specific important people rather than through direct leadership or issuing directives. He avoids confrontation and collisions, but becomes fierce and unbending for brief periods of time if they are inevitable. He does not resonate with the idea of overcoming challenges or beating the competition, but prefers to listen to his internal desires and care for his own physical, emotional, and psychological well-being rather than doing what the outside world seems to demand or require of him.He is adept at perceiving fights over power of a confrontational nature around him and is very able to resist them or even actively participate in them if that is seen as unavoidable, but he sees no point in giving them priority over a sense of comfort and well-being. Participation in violent physical activities where such fights may take place, as in some sports, are motivated not by those fights themselves but by the stimulating sensations those activities generate.

Se as Demonstrative Function

The individual is able to be convincingly commanding, tough, challenging, or confrontational for brief periods of time without taking himself too seriously, as a sort of show or game.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THOSE WHO DESERVE IT (Fi-Te)
    And people wonder if they are living in the matrix. You say something and then that makes it so.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is so much Fi in this world its crazy you don't see it.

I volunteered for a Crisis Line in my early 20's -----> Tons of Fi people everywhere doing fi stuff. I don't think you know much about the socionics theory yet, at least you don't understand fully.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically: the craftsman who makes custom built Japanese block worked joinery should make more money than the CEO of a company. The elementary teacher should make more money than a stock broker. That sort of dealeo.<---merit based Te. I did an action for you, spent the time and energy, used my expertise and provided a product or service. Reward me fairly and correctly.

Hell, we should just do away with money and we should instead just exchange favours. You do for me, I'll do for you.

A lot would die under that. The hidden sadistic side of delta raises its ugly head.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's actually just go and live on community farms. That way things would run best for everyone. Better for the world, better for the environment. Sustainably farmed farms. No greed either because that would equal inequality if we let it.

sorry: I should say "if I let it" because their is no 'we' in Fi-Te worlds. Everyman of his own volition.

EDIT: sorry I should say effort, not volition, because not every Fi has volition. Only the burly sensors.
    Last edited by wacey; 01-29-2018 at 06:52 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen : Seems like a book I'd want to read, thanks for the heads up!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying to follow but. Fi is basically relations and the art of it. When you deal with money you exchange between two parties so if you want a good reputation in the trading world you might want to active your Fi some. x)